Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

WCW Final Nitro - OSW Review #51

AWWW YEAH! WE’RE BACK! Part 3 of the X7 Saga with the last ever WCW show!
    Featuring the historic Simulcast, where Vince & Shane McMahon appear on WWF RAW and WCW Nitro at the same time!
    FYI Part 4 is the go-home RAW before X7 (that same night) and Part 5 is WrestleMania X7!

18806090295_5ca7db6bca_b.jpg

WATCH: Final Nitro!
    All episodes: Clicky!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not managed to watch it all yet, but what's the craic with that media player you use?

Don't know what it's like from a PC, but on mobile it's awful.

Getting it full screen seems to be blind luck as there doesn't appear to be the standard full screen button that other players have and once it is full screen, you can't go forwards or backwards.

Not managed to watch it all yet, but what's the craic with that media player you use?

Don't know what it's like from a PC, but on mobile it's awful.

Getting it full screen seems to be blind luck as there doesn't appear to be the standard full screen button that other players have and once it is full screen, you can't go forwards or backwards.
    Seems to be a problem with this video on Vimeo alright, it's stopped for me after 33 minutes then again at about 50. Then a refresh and it wouldn't load at all.
    There's direct download links under the video though if you go to the Vimeo page, handier than streaming IMO.

There is a Vimeo app but I find it streams well using the Chrome app on mobile. If u do have trouble as button said, download and then watch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I'm calling it now, next storyline will be the Invasion! What better time to do it than straight after WrestleMania X-Seven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I'm calling it now, next storyline will be the Invasion! What better time to do it than straight after WrestleMania X-Seven!
    Oh my, I can't imagine how long such a project would take.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. The definition of what Cole calls "BizarroWorld."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Reveiew of last nitro was class!
    The "Desire"Video was very well done.

If anyone wants to watch that WCW Desire Tribute, here it is on Youtube.
    Click Me!

I've been playing this on my Xbox One lately, thought it might be a game that you or the lads would be interested in for reviewing. It's Dark Dreams Don't Die (D4). It's a point and click game similar to the Wolf Among Us, I'm sure you'll find gameplay on YouTube.

• Advertisement

Ha, I just heard about this the other day! You're right, it is right up my alley. I just got State of Decay but i'll hopefully pick this one up at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The last point and click game i played was Broken Sword 2..... You dont see enough point and click games about these days.

Telltale have been whooping ass in point & click adventure games the last few years with The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us (their GoT game is the weakest of the three). Each episode is 90m-2hours, 5 eps per season; it's more story/choice-based, highly recommend! :)

GOT Episode 1 is free on Xbox One as of last night by the way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If I was to review a point and click game of that sort it'd have to be the Monkey Island series. Good auld Lucasarts with Guybrush Threepwood taking on the ghost pirate LeChuck, the storyline and all the in jokes would make for a great review imo even down to things like how you learn to sword fight via insults and counter insults.

Guybrush: I once knew a dog that was smarter than you!
    Swordfighter: Really, he must have thought you everything you know

argh I've lost the fight...

anywhoo, OSW review's nitro was quite interesting don't know if I actually ever watched the telecast from the nitro side

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Meant to post this earlier, one of the people I was meeting in London was telling me how much he loves the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

Some weeks back, one of my friends called in while I was just starting to watch the No Way Out review and I decided to let it run and see what he made of it. I personally loved it and my friend who is not from Ireland, I think he liked it too.
    We were watching some TNA stuff a few days later and a match where Bully Ray was giving Rockstar Spud a very nasty looking wedgie and I turned to my friend and said "Poor Spud, he has a very very hungry bum there" and I think that lil OSWism is going to stick and it did make my pal laugh a lot.

I've just stayed up to watch my 1st ever Bellator MMA show (I watch an awful lot of UFC) because I wanted to see the Bobby Lashley fight and the main event was Kimbo vs Ken Shamrock. I don't wanna give any spoilers with results because I think Viva shows Bellator stuff over the weekend but well, Ken Shamrocks entrance has an old school wrestler as part of the show. Kimbos entrance was cool because the screen in the background has the same street-fight I watched on youtube today playing as part of his entrance.

I'm f'ing delighted to see there's this final Nitro show is up. I'm going to watch it now. I never actually watched this Nitro. I think it'd make me sad if I did, but I guess when it's mixed with 3 funny dudes talking about it and possibly some inside stuff I didn't know, then that sounds like a good time.

Brave move to have Vince Russo in your show, manys a good wrestling show has been damaged by having him involved. Listening to him squirm and try to brown-nose his way out of Piper giving him a lot of grief on Pipers podcast a while back was entertaining. I think Roddy had 15 years of pent-up-frustration to get out on that show and he did it well!

Many thanks for all your work as always!
    A winner is you!

Stumbled across this, thought it might interest you http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056613386 :pac:

Some weeks back, one of my friends called in while I was just starting to watch the No Way Out review and I decided to let it run and see what he made of it. I personally loved it and my friend who is not from Ireland, I think he liked it too.

Aw thanks man. Spreading us via your friends is the nicest thing you can do for us! Haven't seen the Shamrock/Kimbo fight but I heard it was so bad people thought it was worked! I've only ever seen clips of Final Nitro prior to doing the show, it came off much differently than anticipated. Watching it I just got sad seeing how badly the company was doing and how a lot had already left. The Russo bit was more for our buddy Joe who was pimping us, was a really nice thing to do. I can do with any of Russo's fans or their even knowing we exist!
    Stumbled across this, thought it might interest you http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056613386 :pac:

! :D

Hey yo, would anyone be up for hanging out with us for an hour at Dublin Comic Con next month?

19605565655_e6b847abbb_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hanging out, hanging out?

Or is The Comic Con offering the biggest of Brucie Bonus' with an OSW Review panel for all entrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Been pushing for ages for OSW to have a presence at an Irish con! I'd defo be up for it, can't say the rest of my crew and my gf will be thrilled but this is worth it!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey yo, would anyone be up for hanging out with us for an hour at Dublin Comic Con next month?

19605565655_e6b847abbb_o.jpg
    It'll be a Q and A session, right? Because I guess you could get someone to record it for us.

You know what would be great, though? A live episode of OSW for the crowd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

You don't know unless you try. I know the fear is that it will be you talking to a bunch of chairs but OSW Review is the only Wrestling podcast that has come up in casual conversation with me.

One thing I'll say is that it's €16 for adult entry and other than OSW, I don't think it'd appeal to most people.

One thing I'll say is that it's €16 for adult entry and other than OSW, I don't think it'd appeal to most people.

It's comic con. I'm not trying to generalise here but I'd imagine the majority of the OSW fan base has some or a lot of crossover into fandoms that will be represented at the show.

Nothing planned yet but it'd be an hour with us in a panel; maybe a WHAT BAR game and some other fun stuff :) and if anyone wants to get a pint afterwards! They have bars at these cons, right?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    and if anyone wants to get a pint afterwards! They have bars at these cons, right?

Not usually but there's plenty of bars down on the quay beside the centre

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I'd be down with going to a live Q and A about wrestling for sure. I want to hear Ric Flair stories and I owe you guys a pint or 2.

I heard Vince Russo went to Lucha Underground to see if they needed writers and they told him they didn't want him when they found out he knows nothing about Mexican wrestling! My understanding is that him and Jeff Jarrett are not buds anymore either so he won't be joining Global Force!
    I didn't see his podcast but I believe he had Chyna on there recently championing her to join the Hall Of Fame but anytime I hear or see that girl I'll forever imagine you guys singing her theme song because that cracked me up bigtime.

• Advertisement

Nice to see you, to see you with another Brucie Bonus episode.

SHINOBI RUUUUULES!

Advertisement