Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So...any updates on when 'Mania X7 is uploaded? Every time I see this thread bumped up, I get disappointed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I keep the episode guide updated, http://oswreview.com/episode-guide! Or you can follow my fb or twitter, i give periodic updates when ive reached a certain points in editing. Please don't ask for updates, its not great reading it esp. when I'm spending the day editing. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I just listened to the Keep It 100 podcast. I hadn't a clue who Glacier was even though I heard him mentioned while I was listening to Kevin Sullivans podcast just this morning. So I googled him and I still haven't a clue who he was. All I thought was "man he's doing a Mortal Komat gimmick in 2008" from his Wikipedia page. But I guess Mortal Kombat is over in OSW Review so maybe he's cool. I'm not going to look it up but I do love hearing today some of the WCW themes that are like a famous song but just different enough to not get sued.

The show was interesting. I learned Jay is a northsider, I for some reason thought the 3 lads were from somewhere south of the Liffey.
    The Undertakers debut had me thinking "Ok if this dude can't be hurt, and Hulk Hogan can't be hurt when he hulks up, then that has to be interesting" but then I thought "Man you're trying to rationalise a Hulk Hogan match" when all his matches were the same match all the time (with super-rare-exceptions) plus UTV used to run WCW Worldwide late at nights but it was months behind the product. I would set the VHS recorder to tape it at 2am on a weeknight which was also a schoolnight, and explain to the Mam that leaving the tv and video plugged in overnight was fine because they were built in Germany and all German tv's and videos had to be fire-proofed before they leave the country (and that worked!) but at some stage UTV started rerunning WCW Worldwide (possibly because Lord Steven Regal was on it) on Saturday afternoons (this is very early 90's), so around the same time the Undertaker debuted, he'd be on WCW as Mean Mark teamed with Dan Spivey I think in just plain black trunks doing the top rope walk and it just seemed weird. I did love when zombie-Undertaker got Paul Bearer instead of Brother Love as his manager though, I think everyone I've ever heard try it, can do a good Paul Bearer impression.

My favourite debut was Ric Flair in WWF I think. The stuff about being the "real world champion" was cool and I never looked it up but my memory is his 1st match was against Jim Neidhart and to me both members of the Hart Foundation (who were my favourite team until Demolition showed up and even then it was 50-50 between them both) were equally great at the time, but Flair beat The Anvil fast and easily. I think it was Anvil in big blue baggy pants at that stage but I was convinced this would be a close match with lots of back and forth but in reality, it was an enhancement match and I was like "Wow, this Flair guy is as good as the PWI magazines say he is!"
    Normally a new wrestler came in and beat job guys for weeks before getting a match with someone who had entance music and promos, but you knew Flair was more important because he beat names straight away.

I was super-excited when Sheamus came into WWE, I always wanted an Irish wrestler in WWE. I mean I loved Finlay but he was put with a leprechaun so that wasn't great. I stayed up to stream Superstars and watch Sheamus vs Golddust which got me watching WWE for the 1st time in maybe 3 years at the time. I'm a few (7) months behind with current WWE so while I've seen him with his new mowhawk in pics and the likes, and I heard little bits of whats going on now, where I'm at, he's out injured and his return is promoted for many many weeks in a row with no mention of when he's back. The only thing I don't like about Sheamus is his promos sound so written. I've heard a lot of wrestlers say he hits very hard but he doesn't mind getting it back the same way.
    I think WWE should actually bring Jay Hunter in as his manager to help make his promos sound less recited, but only on 1 condition.
    You'd have to really have a green suit and you'd have to wear it all the time like Zeb Coulter and his sleeveless jacket! I never saw him without it! You'd have to change your name but getting fans to send in names and narrowing it down to a shortlist sounds like fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The show was interesting. I learned Jay is a northsider, I for some reason thought the 3 lads were from somewhere south of the Liffey.

I just assumed Jay was a southsider too, manly because V1 is.... mind blown :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Has Jay just been bashful by not mentioning his appearnce on the LAW, or did i miss him mentioning it?

One way or other fair play. Downloading now for later.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Has Jay just been bashful by not mentioning his appearnce on the LAW, or did i miss him mentioning it? One way or other fair play. Downloading now for later.

Aw thanks mate! Hope you like it. Recorded it right after the NXT Takeover show!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Aw thanks mate! Hope you like it. Recorded it right after the NXT Takeover show!

Stop keeping things quiet! :) Ill hopefully get to it tomorrow morning on the drive to work.

On a similar note, since im driving to work instead of the train, I am way behind on OSW.... well the I haven't seen the Summerslam episode and anything that's followed it.

The lord give'th and the lord take'th away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I had to endure an hour of Nate Milton but I persevered because Jay was on the show. Job well done I enjoyed it!

Review a Raw was brilliant this week. Love Pollocks puns.

Kevin Sullivan's podcast is now free every Friday on MLW. The audio is much higher quality and they talk about current stuff as well as work their way through WCW booking. Imo these guys have a way more insightful take on pw than Meltzer, Alvarez, Keller etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

2 Archer references in the first few minutes. Good work Jay :)

I had to endure an hour of Nate Milton but I persevered because Jay was on the show. Job well done I enjoyed it!

Even though I always download the LAW, I rarely get a chance to listen to it with other podcasts taking preference.

But with Jay on I gave it a whirl. Nice story from The Glacier, you really have to have sympathy for him and Kanyon. A few years earlier and it could have been money.

Was a nice discussion between Nate, Brian and Jay, though a little short. Was happy to hear Jay defend The Undertakers debut as I remember it vividly as a child and Taker was most certainly over in the playground.

It needed more Partridge references though :pac:
    Kevin Sullivan's podcast is now free every Friday on MLW. The audio is much higher quality and they talk about current stuff as well as work their way through WCW booking. Imo these guys have a way more insightful take on pw than Meltzer, Alvarez, Keller etc.

Fallout from the MSL v Konnan feud, the winner is You! Kevin is easy to listen to and its fasinating to hear his take on his booking views back in the day.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Even though I always download the LAW, I rarely get a chance to listen to it with other podcasts taking preference. But with Jay on I gave it a whirl. Nice story from The Glacier, you really have to have sympathy for him and Kanyon. A few years earlier and it could have been money. Was a nice discussion between Nate, Brian and Jay, though a little short. Was happy to hear Jay defend The Undertakers debut as I remember it vividly as a child and Taker was most certainly over in the playground. It needed more Partridge references though :pac:

Thanks mate! Didn't get through half of the debuts I wanted to! Had a blast finally doing something with Nate and Brian. Known Nate since the heyday of Between the Ropes, and Brian when he started filling in on Review-a-RAW. They are super nice and grateful as well.
    gimmick wrote: »
    2 Archer references in the first few minutes. Good work Jay :)
    THE TACTLENECK! Thank God somebody got that reference. Vindicated!

Aw thanks mate! You're very kind. Sorry to hear that, big fan of Brother Nate. His unwavering positivity is a huge plus esp. in the world of wrestling podcasts.

Yo, just moved chatter about my interview on LAWradio's Keep It 100 here!

22227646855_c709eabcd0_b.jpg

LINK: http://lawradio.proboards.com/thread/5952/keep-episode-debuts-glacier-hunter

I'm always reluctant to post in the thread unless I've a new episode ready, but if you're wondering what's up with WMX7, I keep updates here: http://oswreview.com/blog/
    New show will be out next weekend, if you wanna record yourself doing an impression of our intro, I'll splice it in the show, clicky the link for the deets :)

I'm always reluctant to post in the thread unless I've a new episode ready, but if you're wondering what's up with WMX7, I keep updates here: http://oswreview.com/blog/
    New show will be out next weekend, if you wanna record yourself doing an impression of our intro, I'll splice it in the show, clicky the link for the deets :)
    Fight Network, eh? I remember when they were on Sky...plus back when they were The Wrestling Channel. Though all I ever really watched on that was 4 year old repeats of Ring of Honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I thought they were only a year behind on the ROH shows and would just not show the main events. Were first saw CZW through the wrestling channel. Didn't last too long under the fight network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I would like to see Invasion storyline or some sort of TNA arc. I know I should post in the blog, but I am pretty sure others have suggested the same ideas.

WWF WrestleMania X7 - OSW Review 55

This time I'mma let it all come out, This time I'mma stand up and shout
    I'mma do things my way, It’s my way, My way, or the highway!
    OSW cap off the X7 saga with our BIGGEST episode ever – WRESTLEMANIA X-SEVEN!

22286384800_b9065ff519_o.jpg

WATCH: WrestleMania X-Seven!
    All episodes: Clicky!

There's only one thing that this video needs to cap it all off...

It's in glorious HD about 1hr45 into the vid! :)

It's in glorious HD about 1hr45 into the vid! :)
    Yeah, I...kinda figured that out for myself.

Also, it takes a lot of courage to admit to ever liking Limp Bizkit in this day and age.

But at least you can make fun of Nickelback. I still get a kick whenever I think about you lot calling their RAW theme the "chicken scratch" song. Now, I'll never hear it the same way again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Loved this one lads. Some seriously funny moments.

Cheers mate! There's nothing wrong with admitted you loved Limp Bizkit for at least a couple months back in the day. Early 2000s were a crazy time. No need for hate. Because hate is all the world's even seen lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Aw man, I was trying to figure out just what the heck Chyna's non-jobber running was reminding me of.

Turns out it's

I just watched Angela Scanlon's Close Encounters with Sheamus and I had to do a quick double take because I thought I saw 2 fans in the crowd of a show with "I'm a nogger" teesharts, but I was gutted to find they actually said "I'm a hugger." Would folks wear an "I'm a Nogger" shirt? I dunno if I could handle having to explain it to non-OSW fans so many times but I'm smiling here thinking of having one at the same time.

I am delighted to see there's a new show up, I'm not sure if I can crash now knowing that's there for me!

Ah yes, I forgot...I never watch Wrestle Talk Tv on Challenge but the Sunday before last, I was flicking through channels and I see 2 guys I don't recognise as I'm passing through and I hear one of the guys talk for a nanosecond as I'm surfing through and I thought I heard something familiar so I stopped on Challenge to find out it's Botchamanias own Maffew! I'd never have recognised his voice if it wasn't for hearing him review current wrestling shows with Jay! I thought he was great on that Wrestle Talk show.

I loved the Wrestlemania 17 review, I was at that Motorhead gig in 2002 that V1 was at too. I heard Lemmy on Jerichos podcast say he's not a wrestling fan and I wasn't surprised that he didn't do HHH's song live back in 2002. I only remember the year because that gig was the day before Brazil beat Germany in the World Cup Final!
    I do find it interesting how WWE is when there's no competition, it got mentioned in the WM XVII show but Global Force I believe have a tv deal now so I'll be checking that for sure and Lucha Underground got a 2nd series so that's cool with me.
    F'ing Limp Bizkit, ok in this they were funny in the podcast but I remember being upset at Undertaker and his motorbike and his Limp Bizkit entrance, I like my Undertakers and Linda McMahons only in zombie-form!

I never liked Right To Censor at the time, but seeing them now and seeing that Titantron actually makes me laugh now. I can't remember what podcast I heard it on but my understanding is Bull Buchannon got fired from WWE because Eddie Guerrero purposely messed up a match with him so he wouldn't have to drop the US title when he had that and the tag belt at the same time. Something both Scott Steiner and Bret Hart have accused Ric Flair of doing!

Jay Hunter does not like William Regal! We are very different in some ways. Regal was great commentating on NXT before the network came along and he got a useless General Manager role! I find it hard to see TNA Menagerie carnie Mike Knox as the same dude who was on 2006 ECW fighing over Kelly Kelly with I can't remember who (Test or CM Punk I think!)

Ooh, moves that very rarely hit! Kurt Angle moonsault! And surely Billy Gunns "I'm an ass-man" has some of the iffyiest lyrics ever!

I think I'm gonna watch it all again, I'm laughing just thinking about it!

Ah yes, I forgot...I never watch Wrestle Talk Tv on Challenge but the Sunday before last, I was flicking through channels and I see 2 guys I don't recognise as I'm passing through and I hear one of the guys talk for a nanosecond as I'm surfing through and I thought I heard something familiar so I stopped on Challenge to find out it's Botchamanias own Maffew! I'd never have recognised his voice if it wasn't for hearing him review current wrestling shows with Jay! I thought he was great on that Wrestle Talk show.
    They have a YouTube channel, right? Because from Wednesday, we'll be switching from Sky to Eir, as my father is too cheap for a proper set of channels.

And I feel as though you should use this in your next (two months two late) Halloween Havoc episode.

All X7 fan intros!
    Yo! Here are all 140+ intro submissions for our WrestleMania X7 episode! Which one's your favourite?

22671248182_dcec7cd3d4_o.jpg

WATCH the intros! Clicky!
    WATCH Ep 55! WrestleMania X-Seven!

Not as surreal as Road Warrior Animal in full gimmick (and WWE entrance music) leading Ken Shamrock out for his fight with Kimbo, but I was watching Formula 1 this evening from Mexico and Rey Mysterio Jr. shows up during lap 42 as a guest of the Toro Rosso team. I dunno if it's slightly heelish if the man who wishes Mexico qualified for the Euros is in their garage given that Toro Rosso spent the entire race locked in close battle with Mexican driver and home fans clear favourite, Sergio Perez! I'm just seeing Rey is on Konnans podcast too tonight.

Does Mrs. Doubtfire count as a fan intro?

I do think there's lots of clips from Wrestle Talk Tv on youtube, beyond that, I dunno if the Maffew episode is up there. I think Grado was on a recent episode too but I didn't catch it.

Mick Foley Dublin Gig #2!
    Mick returns to the scene of the crime! Can he avenge his awful 2012 Dublin gig?

MickFoley-1.jpg

Read the Foley in Dublin #2 Review: Clicky!

• Advertisement

I was going to go to that Foley show, a friend of mine works in Vicar St. and was supposed to get me in but it never happened. I wasn't super-enthused about it because I thought he was going to talk about his work for charity work and being Santa Claus all the time but now I'm gutted I didn't get to meet a few super-brahs again! The review of it is interesting though. a fine read!

I'm finally going to watch the review of this years Wrestlemania just over 7 months after the event! Looking forward to it now!

Advertisement