Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Pentecost wrote: »
    Watched this earlier, hadn't actually gotten around to watching any of your shows before. Jay you're much posher than I imagined :). Good show though I enjoyed it and it was a handy way of catching up on the bits of Takeover I had missed. Will check out some of your other stuff in due course.

Cheers mate! Maffew episodes aren't typical of OSW, just when I wanna cover current PPVs. I wasn't going to do Takeover at all but asked Maffew after watching the women's match :)
    Another two great episodes. Thought Takeover was hilarious too, probably the only one Maffew has done that I've really enjoyed. Meant to say that since the Comic Con Panel my girlfriend now uses the phrase "Give that man a can of coke" when someone does something she likes. Never watched an episode, but quoting you. The power of OSW
    Ha! That's awesome. I'm convinced Steve's blood is part coke. It's his favourite thing in the world.
    EMPunk wrote: »
    Agree with you on Maffew though , i felt he redeemed himself
    I'm happy to hear the positive feedback, people's tastes range wildly so I just make sure I'm happy with it. I thought WM31 was our best. He had my dying with a lot of stuff! And Cena's rag of course :P
    enjoyed it as always and (do agree it was the best of you and Maffew together
    now off to the TV thread to talk about how im re-watching some Always sunny
    Get schwifty! Cheers. I did sneak in that quote before about Hogan's hair like that of a Chinese man!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

thought you might have, but literally just watched it after watching your NXT review. Looking forward to the next one now

SummerSlam 2015 & RAW! - OSW Review 54

RRRRRRAH! HERE WE GO AGAIN! Jay & Maffew return for the biggest event of the Summer!
    Featuring The Divas Revolution imploding, Cena's rag, Undertaker kicking Brock Lesnar squa' in the nuts, and RAW the next night!

21056657232_732f6b6952_b.jpg

WATCH: SummerSlam & RAW!
    All episodes: Clicky!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Seriously what a treat, gonna watch this now. Thanks so much for these latest episodes. I also love the fact that the 'What Bar' segment has a can of Barr soda in the actual still for the video. Inspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Going to watch this now. I haven't seen any of them since the No Holds Barred review and have been meaning to catch more of them. SummerSlam was an interesting show, in ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

Ah I'm so many months behind current wrestling that I can't watch any reviews of recent shows until I seen them for real on my own time. It's kinda good to have a few lined up to look forward to though! I loved the Simulcast RAW though. Stuff about breakfast roll's, Eamon Dunphy and the Costa Rica hapiness index and now finally snack box (tremendous name for a wrestler!) have made it into the show!
    It's a pity The Patriot never got a good run in WWE, he's the 1st guy popping into my head that I could think of who looks like a bag of cheese and onion Tayto!

If you go to mlw radio, and find the Court Bauer/Konnan podcast from August 31, at the very end like the final 30 seconds, Disco Inferno does a rendition of Sabu's theme song. It's not quite as funny as you guys doing Right To Censor (I appreciate that theme is harder than folks would imagine) but it's up there. I laughed anyway!

Ah ok, I just seen that pic of Cena for the Summerslam review, I always imagine he makes Nikki put her scent on those lil never give up cloths, I reckon he's quite kinky that way. I dunno who he fought at Summerslam because I'm behind the times but I'll bet a snackbox he'll be on Botchamania calling out spots really loud during his match. I hate to hark on about the old days but how fired would he be in any other era than now?

Keep up the blink-and-you'll-miss-it Arrested Development references. :p

Any idea when WrestleMania X-7 will be released roughly? I'm off for a few days and would love to have some awesome hangover tv!

I hate to hark on about the old days but how fired would he be in any other era than now?
    Ah Cena's a very talented, charismatic bloke and great PR for WWE. He probably wouldn't have gotten the same opportunity as the did if in the AE but he'd've made for an excellent mid-carder. Probably would've ended up to be a massive star that he is if he kept a job.
    Keep up the blink-and-you'll-miss-it Arrested Development references. :p
    I'll never understand, that you can never be nude? I'll understand more than you'll…never know :pac:
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Any idea when WrestleMania X-7 will be released roughly? I'm off for a few days and would love to have some awesome hangover tv!

We haven't even recorded yet! I periodically bring out more specific updates but you can always find a general guide in http://oswreview.com/episode-guide/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Spotted an "OS F'N W" shirt in town last week and thought it was a cool thing to see, looked up and realised it was Jay himself wearing his own merch like a real Wrassler!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Spotted an "OS F'N W" shirt in town last week and thought it was a cool thing to see, looked up and realised it was Jay himself wearing his own merch like a real Wrassler!

That's the best thing Ive read all day, Jay ya big mark! :)

LOL. Huge OSW mark :pac: I've wanted my own tees since I was like 17! Where was it? I generally wear a dress shirt and jacket over tees so I'm surprised you noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    LOL. Huge OSW mark :pac: I've wanted my own tees since I was like 17! Where was it? I generally wear a dress shirt and jacket over tees so I'm surprised you noticed.

While Jay may be a mark, Hashtag is most likely his stalker..... You've made it Jay

Gotta shill those gimmicks brother!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Was in Earl street at the time, I was leaving Dunnes and I spotted the shirt and then you with a lady so I thought best not to embarrass you...then again I could've put you over big time brother!

Wrestlers are the only people (and I include anyone associated with the sport or product in that) who should ever wear their own t-shirts/merchandise. When Metallica do it I just cringe.

Wrestlers are the only people (and I include anyone associated with the sport or product in that) who should ever wear their own t-shirts/merchandise. When Metallica do it I just cringe.

Actually I gotta ask something semi-related here. I never understood that mentality - like it extends to fans at a concert should never wear that bands t-shirt. I don't get it! I'd love it explained to me, it just sounds like snobbery for no reason. I can understand not wearing a rival's t-shirt (like a WWE shirt at a ROH event) but not a Metallica shirt to a Metallica event? Sorry to support the band we all paid to see? :confused::confused:
    Was in Earl street at the time, I was leaving Dunnes and I spotted the shirt and then you with a lady so I thought best not to embarrass you...then again I could've put you over big time brother!

Actually that would've been awesome. I've only had one person stop us in the street before. I even keep Virgil dollars on me! I tried paying with them once and no joy :D

I think it's ok for fans to wear a tshirt of a band they like to a gig of that band. It's a bit of a no-no when bands wear their own shirts on stage. Or I think it's ok for them to wear their own merch until they get famous and then it's frowned on. Jason Newstead used to wear Metallica shirts all the time but my guess is on the road he'd just grab them for free off the merch-stand every day. He's quite proud of how thrifty and clever with money he is. It's a bit like when I worked in Fashion Layer on South Georges Street in the 90's. I too a fresh pair of the same socks from stock every day. It was an awful job with no money in it but man I had like 50 something pairs of the same black socks out of there!

I don't hark back to the attitude era as my favourite time in wrestling, I was at my most obsessed in the late 80's and early 90's. But you guys chroicled the era that killed it for me a bit for a few years. I wasn't a Hoagn fan but he vanished from WWE and I thought it'd get better but all the other guys I liked got old or went to WCW too and ITV stopped showing WCW in the early 90's.

Years later I really thought TNA would get better when Hogan left there, but again, I was wrong.

I'm hearing right now Hornswoggle is suspended! I saw a clip on youtube where big Brodus Clay is saying everyone at WWE was cool except him, he said Horny was a bully and he was being serious.

I think it kinda looks bad at ROH shows when folks wear WWE merch and it looks smarky at WWE events when folks wear Bullet Club shirts, (just my opinion though) but wearing your own wrestling merch? Well if it's good enough for Daniel Bryan...Besides in wrestling having your own shirts and not wearing them is bad marketing right?

I have the WWE magazine with a teen Stephanie McMahon modelling The Rockers (I think) tshirts in the merch section, definatly a late bloomer that one, I think she hit puberty in her mid 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Actually I gotta ask something semi-related here. I never understood that mentality - like it extends to fans at a concert should never wear that bands t-shirt. I don't get it! I'd love it explained to me, it just sounds like snobbery for no reason. I can understand not wearing a rival's t-shirt (like a WWE shirt at a ROH event) but not a Metallica shirt to a Metallica event? Sorry to support the band we all paid to see? :confused::confused:

I think he means the band themselves wearing their own merch as opposed to fans doing it.Somewhat like wearing a t-shirt with your own face on it. You'd wind up looking like this guy
    latest?cb=20101125233752

I don't think there are any issues with any fan wearing anything (other than full football kits, shorts & socks and all is just too much cringe).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I think he means the band themselves wearing their own merch as opposed to fans doing it.Somewhat like wearing a t-shirt with your own face on it. You'd wind up looking like this guy
    latest?cb=20101125233752

I don't think there are any issues with any fan wearing anything (other than full football kits, shorts & socks and all is just too much cringe).
    Well, at least it beats being Jerry Smith.

N5AkhG6.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Well, at least it beats being Jerry Smith.

I know, Righhttt??? :D

Actually that would've been awesome. I've only had one person stop us in the street before. I even keep Virgil dollars on me! I tried paying with them once and no joy :D
    Not at all man. I always wear the t-shirt of a band going to the show, if I have one.

Not at all man. I always wear the t-shirt of a band going to the show, if I have one.

Actually did some research on it. Apparently only applies to metal bands. The best explanation about why you shouldn't wear a band's tee to their concert is it's an 'unwritten rule' as you are already telling people you're into the band by going to their concert, and wearing the tee is "too much". However wearing a different band's tee is smiled upon, as it's a vehicle for discussion and kudos. Exceptions for it is if you buy it at the event (so you don't have to hold it the entire night) and a really old t-shirt from the band. In any case I find this to be really condescending without any good reason! Isn't metal all about love between you and your fellow metalhead?

Anyhoo, I'll be guesting on tomorrow's "Keep It 100" podcast, the new LAWradio show with Brian Mann/Nate Milton. If you have a Q for me post it here: http://lawradio.proboards.com/thread/5942/ep-1-keep-100 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Actually did some research on it. Apparently only applies to metal bands. The best explanation about why you shouldn't wear a band's tee to their concert is it's an 'unwritten rule' as you are already telling people you're into the band by going to their concert, and wearing the tee is "too much". However wearing a different band's tee is smiled upon, as it's a vehicle for discussion and kudos. Exceptions for it is if you buy it at the event (so you don't have to hold it the entire night) and a really old t-shirt from the band. In any case I find this to be really condescending without any good reason! Isn't metal all about love between you and your fellow metalhead?

Anyhoo, I'll be guesting on tomorrow's "Keep It 100" podcast, the new LAWradio show with Brian Mann/Nate Milton. If you have a Q for me post it here: http://lawradio.proboards.com/thread/5942/ep-1-keep-100 :D
    You'd imagine so, but no. It's ridiculous the flak you can get from some black metal fans if you show up to a black metal concert in a death metal t-shirt. Conversely though, death metal fans couldn't give a sh*t if you go to a death metal concert in a black metal shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Being in your 30's is great. I just wear generic clothes everywhere and not give a single ****.

Good to hear that death metal fans are pretty chill people. I'll have to watch out for those black metal fans though, what a pack of gowls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is really starting to become common to see someone wear "What Bar?" tee on TV now.

mxph3 wrote: »
    It is really starting to become common to see someone wear "What Bar?" tee on TV now.

It's super-awesome! The cameraman has been v kind lately!

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/651947091225350144

Ok I just seen something kinda mad here... Watching a BDO darts tournament (not the good darts on sky, the other darts on Eurosport) and it's a thing they post on youtube somewhat regularly. The tournaments that aren't big enough to get on tv get streamed for fans...
    Now one of the 2 players I'm watching is famous within the BDO, he's been on tv for over 10 years, but the dude he's playing against, I don't know him but ... check his darts shirt, I'm not sure it's official merch but it's pretty cool if he's spreading the word.

Put this in youtube: 2015 British Open and Winmau British Classic, Day 1. and then skip to 2 hours and 19 minutes into the stream and check the dude, Urmston-Toft's shirt.

I've not watched the game to see if he wins but I hope he does now after seeing his attire!

Ha! Yeah that's AJ, he contacted me beforehand about repping OSW during the tournament!

22045465791_8075863e05_o.jpg
    21847749308_9b61b56820_o.jpg

• Advertisement

That's so cool, poor guy, he did well against a top top BDO star. I'm a fan of his after this. He doesn't have the jewellery, the gut or the tat's of a top darts star but he's got one of the best shirts/sharts in pro sports!

I wonder if Acceptable in the 80's is his walk-on theme!

Advertisement