Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Samurai Cop - OSW Film Review!

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!
    Your favourite Irish boys are back with a BRUCIE BONUS review, which OOC describes as "The worst film I've ever seen".
    Thanks to MY BOY Matt from Two best Friends Play for sponsoring us to make this video for everyone to enjoy!

19707219560_016c395e51_b.jpg

WATCH: Samurai Cop
    All episodes: Clicky!

Did I mention we got that panel at Comic Con in Dublin next month?! 4pm on Sunday. Would LOVE to see you guys there :)
    19869107186_dd62a2df90_o.png

Any questions ask here. Not to sound cheesy but it's so friggin' awesome hanging out with people who are fans of the show! Was the best part of the Ric Flair tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Was going dressed in costume but I've to figure a way to skip the OS F'N W shirt into the mix. Might change before the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Was going dressed in costume but I've to figure a way to skip the OS F'N W shirt into the mix. Might change before the panel.

Dress up as something OSW/Wrestling related. Me and my mate are going exclusively for the lads and we're thinking of doing something funny and linked to OSW.

Mate said in passing we should dress as one of our "boys". Marty Jennetty would be his. Goldust would be my front runner. Certainly a terribly gruesome duo.

HH - Would the shirt fit over the costume? Either way it'll be great to see u! Is it something to do with a Billy West character?

Shag - Lol! Janetty and Goldust, big bang of New Generation! Love it. If you need a costume fast, Worzel would be my top! Hat and a bit of dirty face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

jaykhunter wrote: »
    HH - Would the shirt fit over the costume? Either way it'll be great to see u! Is it something to do with a Billy West character?

Shag - Lol! Janetty and Goldust, big bang of New Generation! Love it. If you need a costume fast, Worzel would be my top! Hat and a bit of dirty face!

And an exclamation mark over your head which you could attach with an aerial!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ah I'm raging I'll miss this. I'm flying to Gothenburg a couple of hours before you take the stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

A little bit of inspiration for your next "Wrestling is RRRRRMRRRRR".

6AaWIPe.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Ah I'm raging I'll miss this. I'm flying to Gothenburg a couple of hours before you take the stage!

Life is hard

A little bit of inspiration for your next "Wrestling is RRRRRMRRRRR".

That is brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I spoke to the younger brother because he likes these comic conventions and he seemed to think there's a risk that this thing could sell out. He asked me if I was thinking of going so that I could meet Beverly Crusher from Star Trek so I told him that's exactly why Im going. Then I eventually explained to him what OSW Review is and he just seemed quite gutted that his friends quit doing podcasts with him when they were building up some listeners.

I looked up this Samurai Cop movie because it definitely reminds me of the kind of dire B-movies that I used to laugh at back in the day plus it reminded me of a lot of posters I seen in friends bedrooms back in the living with the parents days. I don't think I know this film but imdb says people who liked this also liked Maniac Cop, and I clearly remember watching Maniac Cop 1, 2 and 3 all in the same night over 20 years ago! I found out around 10 years ago that Maniac Cop was actually Bruce Campbell.
    My sister married a man with Campbell for a surname, I asked her, almost begged her to call her 1st-born Bruce when she was pregnant but even if it hadn't been a girl, I don't think she would have done it.

This has a lot to live up to to be the worst movie ever, I recently watched a trailer for Wrestlers vs Zombies and decided not to look at the whole thing!

I dunno about cos-play if I go to the Con, I could stick a Snickers bar to my forehead and pass for a Klingon quite easily and also literally be an answer to "what bar is he?" but a Snickers bar is a terrible thing to waste and apparantly seagulls eat humans now so it'd be all kinds of dangerous!

Dirty Lee looks like HB Raspberry Ripple ice cream just before he has his head chopped off. Oh and I totally got the Riggs and Murtaugh thing before you mentioned it although Riggs and Murtaugh are kinda Crockett and Tubbs anyway!
    The guy reminded me of Lei Wulong from Tekken when he was described as looking like IRS!
    Youtube has led me to a recent interview with Matt Hannon from your review!

This review did make me laugh a lot but very random topic for sure!

Which day are yous doing the comic yoke? Load of pints afterwards with everyone wearing wrestling t-shirts would be even better. :p

Which day are yous doing the comic yoke? Load of pints afterwards with everyone wearing wrestling t-shirts would be even better. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Sunday August 9th.

Got a chuckle seeing your names on the timetable. It's weird thinking of you having real names instead of the gimmick ones.

I'll be there as Black Daredevil so I'll slip on my OS F'N W shirt on over the costume before the panel. Bit ironic a blind dude watching a video podcast

Edit: My girlfriend just told me that I booked Saturday tickets after she was looking at the timetable. Selling the Saturday passes to a mate and re booking for Sunday. Lucky one of us noticed in time. I have a surprise gift for the panel BTW, a small reference on a show that you should get a kick out of

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ill be there on the Sunday as the joker! Hopefully make it in to the panel, then heading to Cassidys after, we should all rock up there! :)

Ill be there on the Sunday as the joker! Hopefully make it in to the panel, then heading to Cassidys after, we should all rock up there! :)

*Joker voice* Let's put a smile on that face! Awesome brother brah :)
    Got a chuckle seeing your names on the timetable. It's weird thinking of you having real names instead of the gimmick ones. I'll be there as Black Daredevil so I'll slip on my OS F'N W shirt on over the costume before the panel. Bit ironic a blind dude watching a video podcast
    Edit: My girlfriend just told me that I booked Saturday tickets after she was looking at the timetable. Selling the Saturday passes to a mate and re booking for Sunday. Lucky one of us noticed in time. I have a surprise gift for the panel BTW, a small reference on a show that you should get a kick out of

Thanks for the head's up HH! They left out "OSW" (the most important bit) so I asked them to update it. Honoured that you'd change your day plans for us!
    This review did make me laugh a lot but very random topic for sure!

Thank you brother brah! Matt from 2 Best Friends Play is to thank (or scold) for us doing it :)

I had banners made for next Sunday's comic con panel! Here's a sneak peek at the Brahma Bull X7 artwork :)

20230303932_90fd82e31e_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Won't be going to the panel, bit of a jaunt as I'm a Treaty man but I might go up next year (if there is a next year :D). I'm sure it'll be mighty craic, best of luck with the whole thing!

• Advertisement

Thanks mate! I was taken aback by actually getting the panel! Just thinking of cool stuff to do :)

Thanks for the head's up HH! They left out "OSW" (the most important bit) so I asked them to update it. Honoured that you'd change your day plans for us!

Ah sure we were going to Comic Con anyway but I told her I'd be dragging her to the panel and then we noticed the ticket mix up. Just delighted to see you guys live, large and in charge

(meets Jay in person) "I immediately regret this decision" :pac:

You and the lads excited for Sunday? Can't wait to laugh my arse off as usual at you guys (and finally get my "what Barr" shirt)

DAMMIT JAY, how come your face was non-existent in the lastest RustleMania video!?

Also, sweet, Attitude Era belt.

You and the lads excited for Sunday?

Yeah!! Cheers, spending all day sorting out last-minute bits and bobs :)
    DAMMIT JAY, how come your face was non-existent in the lastest RustleMania video!?

I didn't know you cared! Search "OSW Ric Flair" if you wanna see some pics. Or come to Dublin Comic Con tomorrow :D

I didn't know you cared! Search "OSW Ric Flair" if you wanna see some pics. Or come to Dublin Comic Con tomorrow :D
    Ahhh, you know I'm too lazy for that. Even with the free travel pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Today is the big day. Am sure you are all delira and excira about the imminent festivities. Not entirely sure I'll be able to make it but I'll speak for all the boards.ie PW family when I wish you guys best of luck with the panel. Huge milestone for the OSW show.

Our little boys have grown up so much. In mammy terms I'm unsure if we should look at this as your first holy communion or your debs night.

I'm not sure why, (I smoke way too much) but I aimed for the show at 4:30 and was refused entry. My own fault entirely. Sorry I wasn't able to meet you guys and have a fun evening. I hope it went really well for you all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Watching PWG Mystery Vortex III and can't help noticing this.

whatbar.jpg.png

Advertisement