Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

Delighted to find out theres a new OSW show about old wrasslin'! Gonna watch it right now!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Delighted to find out theres a new OSW show about old wrasslin'! Gonna watch it right now!

lol, as soon as RAW starts!

You're some man for one man if you can watch Raw live with ads included! Last Raw I seen was early October so they still have pink ropes and I haven't watched any wrestling for a while apart from Lucha Underground which is an easy watch because I'm not told to download an app or buy a network or drink diet Mountain Dew (Didn't that give Cartman the trots in a South Park?). Hence I haven't seen your Hell In A Cell review or the Survivor Series one either. Getting to see a show about old wrestling was funny though! I couldn't see WCW at this time, it used to be on ITV as Worldwide in the early 90's and I saw like 6 hours of it on American TV on Saturdays when I was on holidays in Florida in '91 and I loved it. I think the main reason was because Hogan wasn't in it at the time though, muchlike watching TNA after Kurt Angle moving there and loving it because it was non-Cena.
    One of my friends did get WCW on some channel owned by Ted Turner that showed nothing but old movies when it wasn't showing Nitro in '97 that he got because he lived in a different housing estate to me in Swords and I did like the bits of it I saw in his place from time to time.
    I don't know if WCW storylines were super-confusing or if it's hard for me to follow because I'm watching a review instead of weeks of programmes but you did a great job of explaining the Dungeon Of Doom. I'm still hugely confused by the whole Jimmy Hart, Randy Savage and Lex Luger roles.
    There was a time when Fair City was so bad that I used to be in tears laughing at it, just like back in the 80's I used to laugh at Prisoner Cell Block H and Renegade. I like stuff that's so bad, it's good. It wouldn't really happen today because with more than 6 tv channels, it's unlikely that I'd be forced into watching some of the total nonsense I used to watch growing up. Sadly Fair City got a tiny bit better to the point where it was terrible with no irony or accidental comedy and then I couldn't watch it anymore. I have a sneaky suspicion this WCW show is the same for you guys, it's so bad it's funny.
    You never called Big Show by his OSW/WWE name that would get filtered on here! My sister got me a Big Show action figure for Christmas just past, "I'm 41 years old" is all I said to her and then remembered what you call him and I laughed and I told her he'll get a spot on top of my tv but he's actually still in his box and some kid might be glad of him if there's some toys for poor kids charity thing on next Crimbo.
    Anyway, as always, I laughed a lot listening to you guys. I dunno how Avanlanche became a shark or why Shark Boy took Stone Colds gimmick when clearly he could have been son of Earthquake. And I think I do remember hearing that Andre The Giants family told WCW to stop calling Big Show his (Andre's) son too which is fair enough.
    Very much looking forward to the shows you advertised for 2015, mostly because I don't have to watch Raw to watch them but also because they seem like a great source of stuff I don't know that much about. I wasn't able to watch the whole WCW buyout stuff when it happened but I went back and watched some of it and it didn't look good.
    Opening up What Bar to the fans is pretty cool. I like seeing bars I never heard of. I do wanna try those lime flavoured bars! I feel so deprived in Ireland since I noticed a year ago that there's no banana Angel Delight anywhere!
    Kamala without Kim Chee, no wonder they (WCW) went under!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just read up about you lads introducing Ric Flair in London for a Q&A actually got a bit of the feeling of a proud father watching his son go to college :D how did that come about Jay? Sounds amazing.good though.

Thanks mate! Promoters are fans & got in touch with us. Really excited!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wait what? That's so random. How does someone go okay we need to someone to introduce a 16 time World Champion and arguably the greatest Wrestler of all time. I know Jay Hunter and the lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Thanks mate! Promoters are fans & got in touch with us. Really excited!

Clap. Im so jealous of you and Stevo. Seriously well done, ya have to bring the Natch for a pint

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Clap. Im so jealous of you and Stevo. Seriously well done, ya have to bring the Natch for a pint

Cheers Joe! That's the plan, go Naitchin' afterwards WOOOO! Leave the credit card at home methinks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Has the youtube account been deleted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

The idea of Rusev and Cena having a monster truck battle with Rusev in a sh!tty Lada monster truck made me laugh like an idiot just there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Watched a few minutes of the Super Bowl. They're using the Ready to Rumble road trip song. nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah fu*k off.

I watched a lot of wrestling (There's so much!) for the last week or two trying to catch up on where I left off before Christmas and it was fun, but that didn't last. I got to Hell In A Cell, and that was the usual fare for a WWE ppv, no better and no worse than most of them, and I was glad because I knew there was an OSW show after.
    I wasn't sure about shorter 2 man OSW Reviews after Night Of Champions because it felt different, but I have to say, the review of Hell In A Cell was really funny. I think if you guys were good singers or good at American accents or good impersonators, it'd hurt the show. I crack up laughing when accents, or songs or impressions are tried. I'm not having a dig by any means, I can't sing or do accents either!
    I 100% loved the rundown of how many Cena vs Orton matches there have been, I was actually thinking watching the Raw before the ppv "Has anyone actually counted how many times these 2 have been put together?" and then there it was on OSW Review! Seeing that was even better than the list of all the Ed Leslie gimmicks!
    JBL's face! Yeah his fake smile does fascinate me, I deeply suspect he's had some work, some proceedures done to his face, I'm not sure he can frown anymore even if he wanted to, he looks like he's had some lines and wrinkles removed.
    I did also watch a lot of Angry Video Game Nerd shows after you compared him to Stardust and it's entertaining stuff, I still haven't seen him use a Rowtron 2000 yet, that was my Atari copy console back in the 80's but the nostalgia value of seeing really old games is fun for sure! Hearing the theme song in the review was fun too.
    I like how you explained a little more about Susan G. Koman too. I found that enlightening.
    I actually liked the Miz going on about his moneymaker and doing everything he could to avoid getting hit in the face, especially since I haven't liked that guy since he was a jobber on Smackdown but now it's turned into something else with the stunt-double and Sandow but it's kinda funny at the same time. Sandows Irish accent on Main Event sounded like a Canadian doing a Scottish accent (Scotty from Star Trek).
    Rusev I find hilarious. I used to be good at spotting guys who were gonna be big stars before they are big stars but since FCW became NXT, I'm terrible at it now. When I 1st saw Rusev in a leather nappy with a fake 2X4 on NXT I thought "He'll be gone in 2 months" but he's done great. I love watching him win anytime the fans have done a USA chant in a match, I deeply suspect I'll hate myself when he finally loses and I get upset like a total smark!
    I liked the top 10 lesbian pollen countdown too of course! Actually I liked all of this review, I cracked up many many times. It's funny that V1 thinks 2002 was the dark days of wrestling, I recall liking it a lot more than todays stuff, pre-Cena, pre-Orton, pre-Batista, I liked a lot of it at the time. The Wrestlemania with Angle vs Lesnar, Rock vs Austin for the last time, Jericho vs Michaels was one of my favourites!
    You missed Michael Cole doing his best attempt to be J.R. during the main event of HIAC. I think you guys are too kind having a pop at JBL and Lawler when Cole is so absolutely awful. He's worse than John Cena! In terms of boring mediocrity that never ends, Cole is far worse than Cena, and I really dislike Cena a lot!
    As much as I was once outraged at OOC saying Luger was a better wrestler than Mr. Perfect, he also gave me the word Beefed burger and to this day I still talk about cheesed burgers and battered burgers too.
    I had to pause the review for the last 6 minutes and watch Raw and that's kinda where I got burned out on wrestling again. I had a long rant ready about logic and flawed storylines and then I watched the last 6 minutes of your review and you pretty much nailed everything I had issues with leaving me with nothing to add.
    The real problem I have with WWE isn't that it's aimed at kids. It was aimed at kids in the 80's too. My main hassle with it is that it's aimed at morons. Love your work for sure though, the best part of Hell In A Cell for me was pretty much hearing you guys talk about it afterwards. Ambrose driving his car back to the mid-card! Nice! No idea when I'll be able to watch Survivor Series but I'll get there if only to hear the OSW Review afterwards.

I was looking on your site at tshirts just because your plug for your tshirt was so funny (after explaining how much those pink tshirts really give to charity) that I figured that deserves a purchase, but that led me to find out there's no XL left, my own fault for being so slack getting one! And then I found your 2015 mailbag too. I don't use Facebook or Twitter so I had no idea there was such a show coming up. My only question involves wrestling and medicne/biology.

Do people who do a lot of steroids end up with giant elongated jaws and chins like John Cena has? I read before that it happens with women bodybuilders and Chyna but is it the same for men like Cena and The Great Khali?

Amyway, I'm gonna check this mailbag thingy today. It might get me in the mood to watch wrestling. I don't seem to find TNA or ROH or Lucha Underground too hard to watch but they aren't on for 7 hours a week (not including NXT) and 10 hours in a ppv week so that might be why.

I heard them playing the RAW theme song while I was watching UFC on Saturday, I think sometimes on their own site, UFC just show the arena between fights while tv channels are at ad breaks, and there's always some tune blareing to entertain the folks between bouts. I dunno who does the Raw theme or if it was released as a single but hearing it made me think of you guys singing it and I laughed a lot again. I'll probably chuckle to myself and think of your rendition of it everytime I hear the actual Raw theme now!

Do people who do a lot of steroids end up with giant elongated jaws and chins like John Cena has? I read before that it happens with women bodybuilders and Chyna but is it the same for men like Cena and The Great Khali?

That's a very astute observation! Long periods of excess Growth Hormone causes thickening in your jaw bone, as well as your fingers and toes. Khali has a medical condition called acromegaly (overactive pituitary gland) whilst John Cena, well, he's never failed a drugs test :p Steroids cause bones to become more brittle, it's surprising there's not many fractures in wrestling, considering.
    Has the youtube account been deleted?

It'll be on and off over the next few weeks as WWE are absolutely smashing all WWE content on YT (over the Network launch). Hopefully they'll settle down in a couple weeks. All of our shows are at http://OSWreview.com! :D *Foley pop*

The Condemned (2007) Movie Review!

15824047464_9f65bec7be_b.jpg

Hey yo! We got to do our very first sponsored video for LIONSGATE! We review The Condemned, our favourite WWE film.
    It didn't fare well in the box office but c'mon, it's Battle Royale with AUSTIN, BLOODY JUGGERNAUT and NATHAN JONES MATE!
    As of posting it's set to USA only (something something distribution rights) so click the link! http://tinyurl.com/OSWUKcondemned.

If you could like the video and say something nice in the comments, it would help us out tons :)

Golden Noggers next week & Rumble 2001 soon afterwards!

That mailbag episode was interesting! 1st thing is congrats on getting to meet the Naitch! That's so cool. The idea of you getting a pic with him doing the horsemen 4 fingers hand signal is as cool as it gets. I'm more than mildly jealous!

I found myself on wikipedia a lot during the mailbag to work out who some of the wrestlers in the Rumbles were!

The fact that the Scooby Doo review is the most watched blows my mind. I liked the bit about Brodus sitting with Triple H and I thought having Maffew on there was cool but I just thought I like wrestling reviews a whole lot more.

I'm late getting into ROH but I really like it. I am not the biggest fan of Roderick Strong either but the bits I'm watching recently, he much like The Miz, got put in a storyline with The Decade faction that I quite liked. That and Jimmy Jacobs looks like one of the goth kids from South Park works for me!

So I'm part of 15% of older listeners and 4% Irish listeners. Interesting!

I'm gonna check this Golden Nogger Awards now I gave your wee The Condemned clip a "like" too of course!

WWF Royal Rumble '01 - OSW Review #47

Your boys are back with the first part of the X7 Saga!
    Featuring HALL OF FAMER Drew Carey, The BOY RUMBLE and Kane’s floor mop!
    If you’ve problems viewing the vid make sure to turn AdBlock off (and help us out!) and HD-off may work too :)

16588069246_ec98f79c7c_o.jpg

WATCH: Royal Rumble 2001!
    All episodes: Clicky!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Hardcore Holly technically main evented this ppv

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I knew you fellas wouldn't let me down with regard to that mad fan dressed as a Right To Censor member. He some pretty nutty signs and then there's the fit he takes around the 1:11 mark. I was like, these OSW motherf*ckers aren't gonna let that slide, there's no way.

Also, release a few theme songs in your cat-being-raped noises. Best part of every show. Please never change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fun episode but where was the What Bar? segment.

wolfpac: MAIN EVENT hardcore holly!

Omackeral: Cheers mate! Attitude Era had some whopper themes. So glad we got a Billy Gunn appearance. Hopefully we'll get a match in a future ep :) Is he anyone's boy?

Rovert: I could kayfabe you and say it's because it would've been overkill with the Kane Frizz update but Steve didn't interject with any Bars during recording! Lots of people noticed that so we'll definitely have some next time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Great episode. Honestly didn't actually notice the what bar segment missing. Favourite moment was scotty 2 hottys face when he's walking down to the ring to Taker and Kane.

Such a great undercard as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

Using firefox, turned off adblocker and page still loads as just a white page

jeffk wrote: »
    Using firefox, turned off adblocker and page still loads as just a white page

I logged out and it works on my firefox so I've asked on twitter. What add-ons do you have and what version of FF do u have? Also can you try a different browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Just watched this for first time Royal Rumble 01 being my first review I will watch many more. Excellent show!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I logged out and it works on my firefox so I've asked on twitter. What add-ons do you have and what version of FF do u have? Also can you try a different browser?

I got it on chrome thanks.

Using the latest firefox beta with a addon list as long as my arm.
    Tried turning off adblock and a hd add on, even checked and flash it set to run as i think the site is all ran off flash?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

rovert wrote: »
    Fun episode but where was the What Bar? segment.

You don't like what you like

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Just watched this for first time Royal Rumble 01 being my first review I will watch many more. Excellent show!

Thanks Kankan! If there's some running gags you don't get, let me know :)
    jeffk wrote: »
    flash is set to run as i think the site is all ran off flash?

I don't think it's flash; I'm not 100% but the site is running on wordpress 4.1.1 so html5 I reckon. Glad you got it working! My guess is that one of the plugs disagrees with the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Brilliant episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I have to say Jay, I love these story 'arcs' you do. The current x-Seven one and the ECW saga were great. Seen as you're doing the rounding off of the Attitude Era, do you reckon there could be scope to bookend it with the beginning (albeit debatable) by doing Rumble 98, No Way Out of Texas and WrestleMania 14? If love to hear you boys shred the likes of DOA, Godwinns , Mero , Savio as the suprise partner etc while portraying the environment of Austin's rise and Shawn's demise. The Raw after Mania with HHH taking over DX and XPac returning would have loads of material too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Steph better than Trish in 2001 :confused:;)

Never!.gif

I'm enjoying listening to this at my computer atm, glad you played the Rock promo in its entirety. Great stuff :cool:

Advertisement