Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

Really enjoyed this review of the show. Didn't seem like much of a wrestling event but as always these lads bring high comedy to there reviews. Just wish they would start doing more reviews past the Hogan era anything from 1993-2014 would be good from any promotion :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cheers lads! Coming this Christmas - OSW review sing all your holiday classics! "mememe" "dededede" and "chukkabenene" :)
    Randy Orton looks great in general, the fact he's so deceptively tall is a big plus too. Great wrestler too, but his style and personality just don't work at all for what they need. He could be amazing with the right booking, like.

Looks great but can't act the part! The Hayden Christiansen of wrestling :pac:
    MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this review of the show. Didn't seem like much of a wrestling event but as always these lads bring high comedy to there reviews. Just wish they would start doing more reviews past the Hogan era anything from 1993-2014 would be good from any promotion :)

Thanks brah. Hope you've seen our ECW/WCW shows, they're 1997-2006
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im loving going through OSW so fast that Im slowly becoming the Jed Maxwell of OSW Review fans! Cue me getting a belly tattoo of Jay or V1....

Jay: Bowl of bread, there.

Joe: Who's that for?

Jay: Er...friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »

Next time i see you Im buying you a drink in an Arielator!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

Cheers lads! Coming this Christmas - OSW review sing all your holiday classics! "mememe" "dededede" and "chukkabenene" :)

Looks great but can't act the part! The Hayden Christiansen of wrestling :pac:

Thanks brah. Hope you've seen our ECW/WCW shows, they're 1997-2006

Yes seen the ones you have done defo would like to see more a friend of mine recommend you guys and you are funny as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I never saw this ppv, but I was totally familiar with the product at the time. I loved snes Mario Kart so that was awesome! I dunno who does the best JBL impression but they were all very funny!
    I did laugh about OOC only watching Experience today because I stopped watching all wrestling for a whole 2 and a half weeks before watching a load of it today (in many short 40 minute bursts)
    I think cheese-heads was a nickname given to Green Bay Packers fans in the 90's because they all wore those chesse-gimmicks and that might be a case of Al Snow bandwagoning something from American Football that was big at the time. My only memory of Steve Blackman was they used to find new ways for him to lose to Ken Shamrock at a lot of ppv's. Oh! I did see, fock, a gimmick I saw today in the current programme is kinda similar with angry Titus O' Neal having to tag up with noisy excited Heath Slater that's not unlike that Head Cheese team.
    I think I seen the Dudleys drop Paul Bearer down a manhole years after this ppv too.
    I've heard D'Lo say he thinks he faded in WWE because of the match he had with Droz where Droz got injured, but I can see why Russo ended up at WCW, this show reminds me how women were in the 90's in WWE.
    I always hated Sables stupid nasally voice! If ducks could talk, they'd sound like Sable.
    You really predicted Edge being the champ one day that far back?
    I remember rowing with someone that Bret Hart would be top guy someday when he was still in The Hart Foundation and my friend telling me it'd be Shaun Michaels when he was still in The Rockers which seemed nuts to me at the time. The same guy told me Jericho would be a champion one day when he was still in WCW, and I had a similar discussion with someone else where he told me Batista would be the guy one day and I said it'd be Cena before either of them had done anything noteworthy.
    Vinny Jones came to Dublin many times during his playing career to find Irish ancestry and play for Jack Charltons team but he couldn't find anything that qualified him for Ireland and ended up getting to play for Wales somehow! I never liked him. He was a filthy player and a tool in Celebrity Big Brother too!
    I seen Johnny B. Badd vs P.M. News when WCW came to Dublin in '91. It was a dire match! I actually blame that on P.M. News though. It's possible Mero did promos on The Late Late Show and Gerry Kelly's nordie Late Late rip-off to promote that tour.
    I seen NXT today from 2 weeks ago, it's the 3rd time I seen Becky Lynch. Her ring gear is changed, her music is changed and she didn't dance at all so that was all cool, she got one nice move in too but she did lose to NXT womens champion Charlotte. I didn't cringe once while watching it though.
    I had forgotten that they put world title matches on before the main even as far back as this. I know in Summerslam '92 they made the IC match the main event but I didn't realise it was quite common in the 90's. Say what you want about TNA or ROH but the world title match is the last match 90something per cent of the time.
    I'm glad you stuck the Finlay match on at the end. He was my fav wrestler when I was a kid watching World Of Sport wrestling because as far as I could tell, he was only booed and attacked by front row grannies because he was Irish! Being Irish in the U.K. was not cool until Fr. Ted and some political changes too in the 90's so Dave "Fit" Finlay with whopper moustache and ultra-mullet was really hated on World Of Sport stuff.
    The very 1st time I seen any WWF wrestling, the 1st match I saw was the Hart Foundation vs The British Bulldogs in 1986 in a 2 out of 3 falls match (nearly all World Of Sport matches were 2 out of 3 so I had no idea why that was a big deal, this WWF show was on ITV and Lord Al Hayes was commentating to help Brits get patriotic behind the Bulldogs I guess) and I was confused because I wasn't gonna cheer the 2 lads with Rule Brittania as their theme song when the other team was clearly a greaser and a dude from ZZ Top!
    Plus I remembered the Bulldogs when they used to be Big Daddys tag partner just getting battered for 15 mins until they could tag out on World Of Sport and Big Daddy was just a lamer less talented version of what Hulk Hogan did in the 80's. My older brother used to warn me that if I ever tried doing anything Big Daddy did on telly in a real fight, I'd surely get my head kicked in!
    I been meaning to try a Caramac bar ever since OSW review said Hulk Hogan is a Caramac in "What Bar?" and today I had my 1st ever Caramac. It was interesting, but I still laugh more at Hulk Hogan being a hot dog.
    I loved this show, I don't know if these shows are getting funnier or if I messed up by watching too many OSW Reviews back to back when I discovered them instead of taking my time with them, but every time I see a new OSW Review up, it put me in a good mood!

• Advertisement

ECW on Sci-Fi - OSW Review #41

OSW returns with the Premiere of ECW on Sci-Fi!
    Featuring the return of 'cool, whatever' mid-carder RVD, The Zombie, and Kelly Kelly's most (in)famous moment!
    Afterwards, check out Stone Cold in the Condemned!

15006413037_4f36b7d524_o.jpg

WATCH: ECW on Sci-Fi!
    And Episode Guide entry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Show was brilliant lads very short but that's through no fault of your own. Top quality show! Yours not the actual Ecw show

Just watching Capital Carnage again after and noticed when you show the sign "Vince is gay" beside it is the quite brilliant "Vince screwed Nailz " quite brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

No Kryten walk splice?

Boooooo.

Boo, Jayk, boo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im off work this week and decided to give the OSW shows a go. Great shows! Gonna make it my goal to work through the older shows over the next few weeks. Delighted to see Irish lads producing some genuinely hilarious content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Guys, who does the pixel art??

• Advertisement

Cheers, it's done by ReloadLastSave.com! They've made several pixel pics for us, I put 'em in a montage at the end of our SummerSlam 92 ep :)

15215730041_db8da0a0fe_o.gif

WWE Night of Champions & RAW Review!

OSW returns with a Brucie Bonus VIDEO!
    Featuring Brock/Cena 2 (or 3 if you're a smart-arse), Damien Miz-dow and more lesbian pollen!
    And why not the stanky RAW that followed too!

15161084338_29661f97ce_b.jpg

WATCH: VIDEO version!
    Listen: Night of Champions 2014 & RAW!
    Direct mp3 link: OSWNightofChampions2014Raw.mp3

I dunno if there's any AVGN fans in PW boards, but here's Mike Matei & Stardust!

15331057416_1602b35010_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Direct mp3 link is a godsend. Ill be listening tomorrow when I'm out on my way and I won't have to worry about using up my internet allowance! Boosh!

What version of the shows should I be watching with the mp3?

Ah I can't watch this anytime soon, I've kinda got a system where I watch 20-25 minutes of current wrestling a day for a good few weeks now, I'm paused at the last half hour of Impact from the last week of August at the moment and it's The Great Sanada with Muta face-paint and James Storm vs Austin Aries. It's like when I had to watch Total Divas just to see the OSW Review of it all over again!

More like bloody NSW Review! (Fantastic pics of the what bar and a winner is you in the crowd!)

I found a short clip of "Amercians try Irish snacks" on youtube, it links to a clip of Brits trying American snacks and Amercians try British snacks and all 3 clips are brief but probably quite entertaining to fans of what bar or having a sweets press in their house growing up! (It was the dishwasher in our house, it broke so many times that we just washed dishes in the sink and used the dishwasher for bars, bikkies and all that good stuff!)

Heh, ok, I just watched 3 AVGN's back to back and found them very funny! Smackdown from the 29th of August is going to have to wait a while.

Stardust reminds me of Low Ki, they both have problems with standing up properly sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Another good episode lads. I thought Steve doing the Dean Ambrose intro sounded like the monster from Young Frankenstein :D

What version of the shows should I be watching with the mp3?

The YouTube version is the same as the mp3! this review was originally going to be audio-only but I ended up adding video for a YT release.

If it all possible I'd recommend always watching the video version as it shows what we're talking about so you get a far better idea what's up

The YouTube version is the same as the mp3! this review was originally going to be audio-only but I ended up adding video for a YT release.

If it all possible I'd recommend always watching the video version as it shows what we're talking about so you get a far better idea what's up
    Ah right grand, I thought the audio file was for listening to while watching the full PPV. Wasn't sure if the broadcast version or which would match up to it. That's moot now. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think December to Dismember is my favourite episode of ECW series.

I started watching OSW when you guys begun ECW series a few months ago. Cant wait to see what type of series you guys will do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Required viewing, purely for the 2006 WWE retrospective

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Funniest episode in ages.

Ariel was smoking hot and played her character excellently. Pity she was terrible in the ring.

ECW December to Dismember - OSW Review #43

OSW gives ECW a send-off with December to Dismember!
    Featuring those ECW scamps, Hardyz and MNM, and the biggest f**k you Elimination Chamber main event!
    Afterwards we round up the lows and more lows of WWECW!

14933343153_671146ca5f_o.jpg

WATCH: December to Dismember!
    And Episode Guide entry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Superb timing. Can't wait to watch this with a couple of beers tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I have never watched these until someone posted it on a thread on another wrestling site I post on. Thought I'd give it a go and ended up listening to the whole thing. Fantastic stuff and very funny through out. Going to try and catch up on some of the earlier episodes now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Awesome! my viewing before I sleep sorted and ha! within the first minute a Troy McClure acameo which includes an appearance by boardses own Hashtag Hell in his T-Shart

Thanks BH! Ya it's a sweet pic with HH :)

Cheers galway_mad_bhoy, appreciate the kind words. That's cool to hear, what site was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

When I grow up I wanna go to Nogger University!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Think I've only seen it the once but my memory of the Hardyz/MNM match was of having really enjoyed it. That and the commentators laughing over Striker being able to sit on his own face were the two good parts of December to Dismember.

Advertisement