Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Wasn't a horror fan until your reviews Jay thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

Ah I did watch your Night Of Champions review over a week ago. And I noticed no OOC straight away! He was as missed as Erick Rowan (I'm a big fan of his sheep-mask, whopper redser beard and the way he had steam rising off him at last years Tribute To The Troops which explained why all the fans were wearing fur lined jackets and coats, oh and I always get a chuckle out of how his overalls seem to always give himself a wedgie during a match) It'd be easier to list all the stuff I disagreed with because I tend to agree with 90 something percent of how you guys see wrestling.

Before I forget, I saw 2 signs in the crowd the week after NOC on Raw, "Push Cena" made me laugh and someone had a sign saying "I wish I was at Nitro"

Oh and when I saw that country band who noone in Europe probably gives 2 fecks about, I thought "One of them looks like that singer from The Saw Doctors had a baby with Heath Slater"

I am a huge Cesaro fan, I've said as much on here before, I honestly thought after Wrestlemania that WWE would be forced into Daniel Bryan vs Cesaro a lot, something I'd have no problem with. Ah well...

You guys got Sheamus spot on, again pretty much the same stuff I said on here about him too, just sometimes he does promos where he's reciting learned lines and it shows. The guy probably has the gift of the gab if they just let him go by himself but we'll never know until they let him do it.

The only thing I had a tiny problem with was saying mean stuff about The Young Bucks. If they were 2 behemoths using finishers as high spots then fair enough, but they look tiny and puny so maybe their superkicks don't have to be killer moves. My very loose understanding is they never lasted in TNA or went to WWE because they were disrespectful behind the scenes, so I reckon they might as well be guilty of what they were accused of and rip off other peoples moves and gimmicks on purpose. Either way, I really like their matches and it's kinda a pity they never got a shot in WWE.

Apart from that, I enjoyed OSW Review more than the actual PPV. There was a Raw before the PPV where I was watching it and thinking "Something is different, this is actually pretty enjoyable" and it came to me, there was no HHH and no Stephanie. They really don't need to be on the show every week. But I've watched 2 Raws since NOC and it's been dire, I haven't been able to summon up the will to watch much wrestling since.

Interesting C.M. Punk on Colt Cabanas podcast today, just a shame that site is hacked and down a lot of the time (like now).

One thing I find funny with WWE is all the guys who are being put forward as the American hero, the patriotic guy. It's probably not meant to be funny but it just is. I think they should use any money left when Lesnar is gone to lure older Klitschko in to do something with Rusev. My guess is most Yanks don't actually know the difference between Ukraine and Russia so I need to think that through more.

No doubt I'll get to Hell In A Cell in early 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Will there be a review for survivor series?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Will there be a review for survivor series?

Yes, tomorrow night! To tide you over til then....
    WWE's LEPRECHAUN: ORIGINS - OSW Film Review!

HORNSWOGGLE in a sludge monster rubber suit!
    No nudity! Cheap Effects! Embarrassing depiction of Ireland!
    This film has it all :)

15270116644_d47216686a_o.jpg

WATCH: Leprechaun Origins!
    MORE: Written Reviews!

Survivor Series & RAW - OSW Review #45

Jay & Maffew of Botchamania run down the newest WWE PPV and the fallout from RAW!
    Featuring a horrific women's match, an excellent main event, and Marge Simpson!
    Oh and THE MAN CALLED STING!

15713997477_7086c86b1d_o.jpg

WATCH: Survivor Series & RAW!
    MORE: More Episodes!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

You are going to get killed in the ratings by the Toy Show, Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dquinnan

Would have been better with that Jay lad on his own really. Quite ironic that Maffew spent a fair amount of this episode criticising Lawler for clumsy, annoying commentary!

dquinnan wrote: »
    Would have been better with that Jay lad on his own really. Quite ironic that Maffew spent a fair amount of this episode criticising Lawler for clumsy, annoying commentary!

Glad you said it first! Yeah not really a big fan of Maffew. His funny comments are rarely actually funny. Mr. OOC and V1 on the other hand are number one and the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Maffew was pretty unfunny. Most noticeably there wasn't the easy rapport that Jay has with the lads. The 'What Bar' segment was completely sandbagged too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Could do without any further Maffew involvement myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Maffew ruined it for me. I spent half the time rolling my eyes at his comments.

I really enjoyed having Maffew on. Lovely chap, very humble and positive guy. I had to cut out a lot of me dying with his Dusty impressions. STHAHDUST BEBEH! ALL THE BARS!

Doing things via Skype isn't anything like having someone physically beside you, which is how all of the OSW episodes are done. Wouldn't have done an show on this otherwise! He slayed me with his Irish poverty Marge Simpson impression :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I...liked...Maffew?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

#Brie mo-ode

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Could do without any further Maffew involvement myself.

Like WCW with David Arquette Jayk knows the value of cross branding :pac: nah I thought Maff was alright, liked his Dusty impressions for example but you will never have the same rapport over skype with someone as you do with your mates in the same room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I liked Maffew on. Made a nice change to the line up.

The Happening - OSW Film Review!

Was a bit hesitant to post this here as it's not a wrestling review (although it contains WWE & TNA footage) but hey why not!
    John Cena's film equivalent (Mark Wahlberg) stars in a supernatural thriller directed by Vince Russo's film equivalent (M. Night Shyamalan)!
    We argue kayfabe vs shoot for one particular wind scene, if you have an explanation please let us know!

osw-trailer_green_boards.png

WATCH: The Happening
    MORE: WWE film reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Loved that review! Would've loved to hear the full 20min wind argument!

Please do a con this year lads! DCC and MCM are coming up!

Cheers mate! I'll get the wind argument on iTunes soon :) We'll see about cons next year. I don't know if that many would be interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I watched a Raw last night from early October, the 1st wwe I watched in 3 weeks. Apart from the crowd chanting "This is stupid" during a Torito vs Hornswoggle match it was pretty average. Cena vs Orton, Kane and Rollins ... ****. The screentime to talent ratio on that show with Bella twins is weird.

Anyhoo, RTE are showing a Prince Devitt documentary tonight. If it's the same folks who made the Conor McGregor documentary then it should be pretty interesting I hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

There's actually a thread about Fergal Devitt elsewhere on this message board if you want to look through it, there's been a lot of talk about the documentary, with all round positive reviews. You sound like the average Raw viewer there when you describe your mystification there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Good to know that your think WrestleMania 4 is worst WWE PPV of all time. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Listened to the wind argument walking to work this morning. OOC was not letting it go was he?

mxph3 wrote: »
    Good to know that your think WrestleMania 4 is worst WWE PPV of all time. :cool:

Ha! Little trivia, that PPV almost killed OSW. 16 matches, 4 hours, dead businessman crowd - complete with time limit draws, DQs, awful finishes...it was such an awful slog I refused to edit the show for a bit. In the end it was the thought of getting to WrestleMania V that carried me through.
    Garseys wrote: »
    Listened to the wind argument walking to work this morning. OOC was not letting it go was he?

Ha ha ha! He's like that ALL THE TIME (when we're not doing the show) I'm glad we were able to get it on tape for everyone to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭p90airsofter

Can't believe I didn't know you guys had a boards thread!! Been listening to the show in work for the past year and always helps get through the day! Good work lads!

Thanks mate! Ya me being on boards pre-dates OSW :) Upped Steve's MGS3 review yesterday if interested: http://oswreview.com/media/game-metal-gear-solid-3/

WCW Halloween Havoc 95 - OSW Review #46

It’s an OSW Christmas Special – a DUNGEON OF DOOM PPV SPECTACULAR!
    Jay, V1 and OOC tackle the pinnacle of Sports-Entertainment: the PPV debut of THE YETAY!

15532482684_01e7050651_o.jpg

WATCH: Halloween Havoc 95!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

I often wondered and the same with Botchamania, why not put it on mediafire or some similar site with decent non premium speed or even google drive/dropbox etc

I know dailymotion has a download option and i usually use Jdownloader for YouTube. But just an idea for a direct download option

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Loved Halloween Havoc review guys! it was ridiculous, the YETAAAYYYYY!!! havnt been on this forum in a bit.happy new year to you all!

PS: We need to hear the OSW guys do live commentary an Irish promotion! :D

• Advertisement

Such a loony episode. Excited for OSW's 2015.

Advertisement