Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Awh man Steve Blackman!

Excellent episode brahs as usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Oh ****ing savage. perfect hangover cure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Awful and dull PPV. Remember watching the show over in my friends house with seemingly every lad from his estate in his living. The cheer Jackie's exposed boobs got was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

rovert wrote: »
    Awful and dull PPV. Remember watching the show over in my friends house with seemingly every lad from his estate in his living. The cheer Jackie's exposed boobs got was amazing.

What was worse though, that or (British) No Mercy 1999?

Reebrock wrote: »
    What was worse though, that or (British) No Mercy 1999?

More talking about watching it in real time. But yeah No Mercy 1999 was crap too. But Austin-Undertaker with all the roster running out was a fun main event.

I remember Powerslam reviewing Capital Carnage with the headline Capital Crap. Kind of like Spinal Tap's Shark Sandwich being referred to **** Sandwich in a review. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There's a perfectly good "Crapital Carnage" waiting! Hope you enjoyed the ep :)

14682192548_b984b33ebf_b.jpg

As I said on Twitter I am glad NXT Creative and Becky moved faster than the Summer OSW Review production schedule!

qqbhvp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Fantastic episode as always. Is there any chance that you guys will do a series on Attitude Era in near future?

mxph3 wrote: »
    Fantastic episode as always. Is there any chance that you guys will do a series on Attitude Era in near future?

Thanks mate. I'm sure we'll hit the Attitude Era at some point. My main reason for not doing it (besides it being constantly farmed on WWE DVDs etc) is that I know it so well, so there's nothing fresh for me to find out (unlike Hulkamania, WCW, ECW).

It's weird reviewing a PPV with nothing worthwhile in-ring (so most of the time is spent talking about the crazy storylines & character backstories). AE is like getting drunk when you're a teenager and remembering a night to be so amazing, and then seeing video footage and facepalming!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im up to the WM9 episode, its been great so far.

Its easy to see the difference in quality from Ep1 til the WM9 episode, the production is better and you guys seem a lot more comfortable as the episodes progressed.

Myself and the misses have been watching and shes the most casual of casual fans, yet she loves your observations (esp what bar?, she feels Hogan was more of a Dib Dab herself)

Wont skip ahead to future episodes as Im afraid ill miss some in jokes along the way. But cant wait to watch more.

• Advertisement

Mania IX already? Wow you must watch 'em every day :) That episode was a blow-out, just wouldn't get done as I incorporated the main stuff Series 92 and Rumble 93 into it. Ha, Dib Dab! I'm certain V1 used it in another episode. That's really cool to hear about the missus. Shocked casual fans could listen to us for 2 hours!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Mania IX already? Wow you must watch 'em every day :) That episode was a blow-out, just wouldn't get done as I incorporated the main stuff Series 92 and Rumble 93 into it. Ha, Dib Dab! I'm certain V1 used it in another episode. That's really cool to hear about the missus. Shocked casual fans could listen to us for 2 hours!

Ahe has no choice haha, been watching 1 on the journey to and from work per day and if theres nothing on TV ive been watching them here and there on the tv.

He did use Dib Dab to describe Kona Crush Brah. Though I find it worked for Hogan better (don't tell Stevo shhhhh)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm in work at 7am. Just found this. 5 hours sleep it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Capital Carnage was my first WWE pay-per-view though I fell into the habit of just counting from Summerslam 99, which would by my fourth, as that was when I got regular access to WWE.

Couldn't remember anything from it for years except the fatal four way. Realising how frivolous they UK PPVs were would come later but I sure as heck preferred what I saw over WCW's output.

I wonder if anyone outside Ireland got V1's Eamon Dunphy impression :o Further proof we don't cater to non-Irish! "Costa Rica - #1 on the world happiness index"

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I haven't watched this review yet but I think it'd be bad if you guys were any good at any impressions! The Andy Gray and Ian Paisley and Vince impersonations crack me up.
    I think Jay does a decent Tony Chimmell and that works but Dunphy?
    Fock, although I guess that lad off Apres Match has done well on Dunphy impressions even though he's not that good or funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Thanks mate. I'm sure we'll hit the Attitude Era at some point. My main reason for not doing it (besides it being constantly farmed on WWE DVDs etc) is that I know it so well, so there's nothing fresh for me to find out (unlike Hulkamania, WCW, ECW).

It's weird reviewing a PPV with nothing worthwhile in-ring (so most of the time is spent talking about the crazy storylines & character backstories). AE is like getting drunk when you're a teenager and remembering a night to be so amazing, and then seeing video footage and facepalming!

I'd suggest WCW's Souled Out 2000 for review. It was one of their worst and showed what a sorry state the company was in. (the night after Benoit, Eddie, Saturn and Malenko jumped to WWF)

Speaking of UK PPVs:
    BurrqusCYAA09sr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

That's beautiful! How on Earth have I never seen that before??

BursaaLIUAEyCyv.png

BurtIkdIMAEFetX.png

Credit: @Yentob

• Advertisement

Ha! That's great. Here's "Hosay Marinio" (as Shane O Mac pronounced it) amongst the Cenation

14693328407_04f6444be6_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

20_BIB_IntlPPV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think I would actually buy a CD of you guys humming (piss taking) themes.

There is always one or two literally laugh out loud moments in every episode. When you splicey spliced the This Is Your Life theme I nearly choked on my drink.

Another stellar episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I think I would actually buy a CD of you guys humming (piss taking) themes.

Can you do a special segment on this in a future video please? That was the best buzz ever. You're even somehow in sync with each other, it's a beautiful thing.

Marc Mero, Bossman, Hardcore Holly. Brilliant. Just brillia.... Sorry I've got something in my eye...

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Halfway through as I type. Dave Meltzer loved it. 5 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'd listen to you guys humming/bip ba da bipping entrance themes and the Christmas classics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXJmPttNHio

Every time the lads hum a tune or do a Creed moment.

On that note, more Creed

Im loving going through OSW so fast that Im slowly becoming the Jed Maxwell of OSW Review fans! Cue me getting a belly tattoo of Jay or V1....

jedhouse1tv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

You guys mentioned wrestlers who looked great with certain world titles. I know you hate him (I can't stand him either) but Randy Orton with the 2 belts was great! He looked like a credible world champ and the face of the company!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

You guys mentioned wrestlers who looked great with certain world titles. I know you hate him (I can't stand him either) but Randy Orton with the 2 belts was great! He looked like a credible world champ and the face of the company!
    Randy Orton looks great in general, the fact he's so deceptively tall is a big plus too. Great wrestler too, but his style and personality just don't work at all for what they need. He could be amazing with the right booking, like.

Advertisement