Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just pre-ordered your shirt Jay. Thanks for all the laughs on the show!

That's awesome brotha, sweet! Make sure to send a pic when u get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That's awesome brotha, sweet! Make sure to send a pic when u get it!

First thing on the to-do list! Can't wait to get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Watched the ECW episode late last night. Like most I noticed a shift in toke but still found it enjoyable of a bit too long, like he Shane Douglas I thouht it went maybe 20 minutes too long. It's cool that ye covered it since it was pretty significant but christ, I don't think I could watch too many more on ECW since their shows were so samey. Looking forward to the Heatwave one since I did enjoy that show.

Useless fact not mentione: the UK Delta Music DVD was cut by about 10 seconds after Funk starts bleeding. The BBFC said it was because of something sadistic or whatever way they put it (Raven batters funk's head is what got cut). V1's voice reminds me of some, like someone I used to know,can't think who. Is everyone from Dublin?

Interview with Maffew of Botchamania!

1185341_762473473772256_1555190612_n.png

My first interview ever so go easy :P

iTunes: http://iTunes.OSWreview.com
    Android: http://RSS.OSWreview.com
    MP3: http://piledriver.hipcast.com/deluge/MaffewofBotchamania.mp3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This was honestly really good, Jay. I've heard Maffew elsewhere and wanted to strangle him as his Skype connection was SO bad - delete the podcast bad but wasn't an issue here.

• Advertisement

Listening to this now. Good stuff Jay. OSW and Botchamania reminds you how much fun wrestling is brah!

Cheers, he's a very nice dude to talk to. hopefully a nice mix of general botchmania stuff and new stuff :)

Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery - OSW Revew #36

RUH-ROH!
    Your boys tackle WWE's venture back into animation with a WWE/Scooby-Doo crossover!
    Ghost Bears, Computers, and a plot to shut down WrestleMania!

13385987795_6b20786c34_o.jpg

WATCH: YouTube36.OSWreview.com
    MORE GOODNESS: OSWreview.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

couldn't stop laughing - thought you were getting Heatwave 98? Swerve it's Scooby Doo! :pac:

The Big Show vs Cena match in it had no psychology :D

The Gang leave Cena to die and Trent Baretta's carcass is left lying there bait for ghost bear... where else would you hear the like

and you got your botchmania crossover. nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The episode is easily one of your best ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

The episode is easily one of your best ever.

+1

Couldnt stop laughing through it. Well done Jay, OOC and V1!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

'Cross botchy' made me laugh much more than it probably should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Scooby-Doo should have just been called The Great Dane.

And Bryan should have been the G-G-Ghost Bear.

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it! Beefed burgers for all!

I'm gonna order a shirt this week. Q: is it cheaper to pay for the delivery option to Ireland or take the free UK delivery and Parcel Motel it via Antrim?

Wow sweet, thank you brah! From my sleuthing it's £3.60 from Squared Circle Ringwear itself but €3.50 via Parcel Motel. But the nearest Parcel Motel outlet is either Louth or Monaghan (70-80km), so you'll have to drive to get it. So swings & roundabouts - I'd pay the £3.60 to get it to your door!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Manage to stumble across this podcast because some YouTuber recommended to watch WrestleMania 1 review a few days ago.

I'm so excited! Both US and UK ship this week although Irish peeps might've already gotten theirs ;)

13548324715_34510bb83f_o.jpg

mxph3 wrote: »
    Manage to stumble across this podcast because some YouTuber recommended to watch WrestleMania 1 review a few days ago.

Wow sweet! Do you remember who recommended us? Mania 1 is a bit ropey (it's the first thing we've ever recorded together) I might recommend trying the newer stuff, Mania IX is my go-to episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Wow sweet! Do you remember who recommended us? Mania 1 is a bit ropey (it's the first thing we've ever recorded together) I might recommend trying the newer stuff, Mania IX is my go-to episode

Marc Pearson from Youtube.

At 1:09: "go and watch osw's review of this show"

My favourite review has to be WCW Thunder one. I could not stop laughing.

• Advertisement

Just finished watching the ECW Heatwave 98 episode. I don't like the ECW ones as much as the WWF ones perhaps because I outgrew ECW. The myth of ECW that had built up in my mind from reading about it in Powerslam, seeing pictures and clips of Foley in barbed wire matches never lived up once you saw it as most of it was garbage. I think ye are better suited to WWF reviews but fair play for getting another show done. Didn't like the Americans intermission bit at all.

Best bit was definitely
    recounting that TNA story about Buh Buh as well as the Jeff Hardy guardrail/prison bar thing - this had me in stiches!

Yis totally missed that Masato Tanaka's trunks were the same colour as the Heatwave banner and both of them were totally a Lion bar

4SWbzp.jpg

Ha! Yes he is. Wanted to do ONS 1&2 and D2D for ages so it was now or never for original ECW reviews - v. happy to have gone through them as I'd very little knowledge beforehand and an excuse to do a quick docu on the company between the two episodes. Out of our comfort zone with ECW but thought we were a lot more comfortable this time round. You'll be happy to know we're back in WWE country for One Night Stand 2005!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Have you thought about what comes after ECW mania?

After watching the latest episode, that Invasion angle is asking for it. Feels like a continuation of the WCW and ECW reviews.

ECW Heatwave '98 - OSW Revew #37

SWERVE IT'S SCOOBY DOO!
    No, not again :pac: Part 2 of the ECW Saga sees ECW's highest rated PPV, Heatwave 98!
    Bonus section chronicling the end of ECW and the WWF inVasion!

13632185273_f42bd95c8c_z.jpg

WATCH: YouTube37.OSWreview.com
    MORE GOODNESS: OSWreview.com

Have you thought about what comes after ECW mania? After watching the latest episode, that Invasion angle is asking for it. Feels like a continuation of the WCW and ECW reviews.

After finishing Heatwave I'm dying to cover the inVasion (as you said it feels logical) but we'll continue on as planned. We won't decide on what's next until the recording of the last ep of a series, but we'll ask around and see what people want! Hope you enjoyed the new show :)

Ha! Yes he is. Wanted to do ONS 1&2 and D2D for ages so it was now or never for original ECW reviews - v. happy to have gone through them as I'd very little knowledge beforehand and an excuse to do a quick docu on the company between the two episodes. Out of our comfort zone with ECW but thought we were a lot more comfortable this time round. You'll be happy to know we're back in WWE country for One Night Stand 2005!
    Yeah I enjoyed this one more probably 'cause it's a better PPV. ECW though was very samey. The WWF steroid era was samey too but there's much to joke about.

By the way, I must complement you on the video quality of the ECW footage and downloading all them schnakey matches like the one from Heat. For some reason when WWE put Heatwave matches out on DVD compilations they messed around with the colour timing giving the whole thing a hue of pink.

Thanks brah, I try my best with A/V quality. Ripped the original ECW Pioneer DVD and worked off that. Yeah definitely imagine when you've seen one Justin Credible (or Mike Awesome) match you've seen them all but an isolated viewing it's really tremendous. Unless it's fresh/incredible in-ring it really is characters and storylines that is the draw (which WWF had in bucket-loads).

Watching other ECW PPVs for splicey-splicey and it got really sad by the end. The roster was raided a few too many times and what was left was a shell of the 97-98 roster (which was already raided a few times!)

Someone asked on the Attitude Era podcast about a potential crossover episode between then and OSW. I'd listen to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I hope to God you do AWA SuperClash III someday. The STATE of it. It's just full of unintentional comedy.

• Advertisement

Someone asked on the Attitude Era podcast about a potential crossover episode between then and OSW. I'd listen to that.

6 dudes on Skype, that sounds like an unbelievable clusterf***! Thanks though
    I hope to God you do AWA SuperClash III someday. The STATE of it. It's just full of unintentional comedy.

I'm certain I've spliced/referenced that more than once. Crash course in the world of carny promoters! Crazy time in wrestling

Advertisement