Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus 7 €265 sim free [Expansys] - *Now €199 @Amazon.de*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

bazwaldo wrote: »
    You need to use zune officially. There is a simple registry hack to give access to storage as an external drive too. There are probably some other ways if you jailbreak/hack the phone.
    Thanks - is the reg hack on the pc side, or phone side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Dr Nic wrote: »

You need zune installed and reg hack is on PC. See http://wmpoweruser.com/neat-registry-hack-allows-usb-mass-storage-mode-direct-loading-of-media-on-windows-phone-7/.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Dr Nic wrote: »

Windows Phone Device Manager to copy files and do lots of other things. It's a great program, a must have for any WP7 owner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAgd-iTBlGs&feature=player_embedded#at=10

http://www.touchxperience.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Has anyone de-branded their phone according to these instructions?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

YOu don't need to do that with these phones, they're not bound to any carrier and don't carry any branding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Another seller (F2RDE) on amazon.de has a cheaper total. €167.12 delivered. See here.
    And I thought I got it cheap at €183.80 delivered....

That's such a bargain, it should be made and announcement on the front page of boards!!!

Also, got my Golden SIM from O2 just there in the post, now I have to wait about an hour or so for my phone to arrive!!!

An post courier is usually around at 12:30. What number can I use to track it on the An Post site, the "Shipment number" from DHL won't work.

EDIT: My leaving cert German tells me that Gebraucht = Used....

It's a used phone in good condition.

-Chris- wrote: »
    YOu don't need to do that with these phones, they're not bound to any carrier and don't carry any branding.

If you go into Settings>About you will see that the carrier is set to Vodafone.

As I understand it you will not get any updates (such as the upcoming Mango update) until Vodafone (Germany) approves it. So the update may well be delayed.

Probably not a big issue but an issue none the less.

The "de-branding" I linked to removes this carrier setting.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »

As I understand it you will not get any updates (such as the upcoming Mango update) until Vodafone (Germany) approves it. So the update may well be delayed.

Yea, we're still better of de-branding it. :)

(Assuming I get mine...)

But I've already been able to update mine, and I didn't have to do anything.

-Chris- wrote: »
    But I've already been able to update mine, and I didn't have to do anything.

Yes but that was the last update which was released months ago, this will make sure you get future updates as soon as MS release them not when Voda decide you can have them.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Yes but that was the last update which was released months ago, this will make sure you get future updates as soon as MS release them not when Voda decide you can have them.

Ah, OK.

Any idea how long it took Vodafone Germany to approve that update? Is it typically a long time for carriers?
    I'd have thought they'd have a beta version of Mango at the moment/soon that they can test before proper release - Microsoft wouldn't want to see the updates delayed.

I don't want to go editing the registry for the sake of an unfounded fear, I'd need to know it's actually an issue (maybe I'll make a note of your link and then see how it pans out in Mango release week :p:D).

Has anyone de-branded their phone according to these instructions?

Maybe try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-1005788.html

mtb_kng wrote: »
    And I thought I got it cheap at €183.80 delivered....

That's such a bargain, it should be made and announcement on the front page of boards!!!

Also, got my Golden SIM from O2 just there in the post, now I have to wait about an hour or so for my phone to arrive!!!

An post courier is usually around at 12:30. What number can I use to track it on the An Post site, the "Shipment number" from DHL won't work.

EDIT: My leaving cert German tells me that Gebraucht = Used....

It's a used phone in good condition.

The 10 digit number will work on the AnPost site once it reaches Ireland, so I've been told. Mine left German on Satudar morning and there's still no update on the AnPost site. So it looks like I won't be getting it today so I doubt you'll be getting your's today or tomorrow. Keep your fingers cross for Friday!

Boo_hoo wrote: »
    I ordered at about 4am on the 15th(even though I said yesterday) in the previous post. And received Monday 20th. So still 5 days, 3 business days.

Surely it should be here today since I ordered and it was posted last Friday?

Surely it should be here today since I ordered and it was posted last Friday?

I'm 1 day ahead of you and mine hasn't arrived, so when mine arrives your's should arrive the same day, or the next. Fingers cross it's tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Does debranding count as an unofficial method of obtaining the update?

Microsoft is saying that any phones who've forced an update won't receive the Mango update.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/windows-phone-7-update-won-t-work-for-unofficial-upgraders-951844

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I'm 1 day ahead of you and mine hasn't arrived, so when mine arrives your's should arrive the same day, or the next. Fingers cross it's tomorrow! :)

Any update on the DHL or An Post site?

Mine hasn't been updated in over 2 days...

Better come tomorrow, don't think I'd make it the whole weekend :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That sounds normal tbh. I think everyone here has had a similar experience. When it appears on an post you'll have it the same day pretty much! I noticed my package on the an post late one night, and had it the next afternoon

That sounds normal tbh. I think everyone here has had a similar experience. When it appears on an post you'll have it the same day pretty much! I noticed my package on the an post late one night, and had it the next afternoon
    I'm starting to think DHL are just letting the amount of post build up, then send it to Ireland?

I even ordered a case from England on Monday and that arrived today.

I got my second golden SIM from O2 today (for my dad), so I'm going to be selling his iPhone 3g and getting him another LG Optimus 7 assuming he likes my one :)

Nothing showing up on AnPost for me. I'll post up here as soon as I get some info. The last update on mine was last Saturday.

• Advertisement

Good news! It's now showing up in AnPost!

It's in Portlaoise on route to customer. :)

Good news! It's now showing up in AnPost!

It's in Portlaoise on route to customer. :)
    Delivered today?

EDIT: SO IS MINE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YAY!!! I think I was right, they let it build up until they have enough post to make it worthwhile.

Delivered today?

EDIT: SO IS MINE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YAY!!! I think I was right, they let it build up until they have enough post to make it worthwhile.

I'd say tomorrow morning :D

I'd say tomorrow morning :D
    Job. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Hi all,

After reading this thread, I purchased a LG OPTIMUS 7 from priceguard through ebay. I am still awaiting this phone(hopefully will have tomorrow or Monday.

However, I have now found out that my phone company have decided that I am due an upgrade after all(I wasn't eligible when I bought the LG). Hence, I hace decided I'd like to avail of an iphone 4 and therefore I want to sell the LG.

Maybe someone reading this thread and going to buy one would like to buy this from me. obviously it will mean they wont have to wait fro it to come from Germany. I paid the €183.30 price for it and I have also purchased a leather case for it. I have the paypal receipt etc etc

I will sell the whole lot for €183.30 and I will pay for the registered postage too.

Anyone interested can PM me.

I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting this, if I have, please delete this post.

Purchased this LG HFB 510 Solar Powered Bluetooth car kit to go with my Optimus 7 and it arrived today.

First impressions are good, no problems pairing to the Optimus 7 and from a few calls the call quality on both ends of the call was super. You can pair two phones to the unit simultaneously but I haven't tried that yet.

The previous gen model the LG HFB 500 is also available on Amazon considerably cheaper but I chose the HFB 510 because of the vibration on/off setting which automatically turns on the unit when it senses vibrations from the car moving, so I don't have to remember to turn the kit on getting into the car and it turns off automatically so won't lose it's charge.

From reviews I have read once the kit is initially charged up the solar panel will keep it fully charged, so will be handy not to have to be charging the unit by cable.

Both units come with adaptor leads so you can use as an emergency charger for your phone.

invest4deepvalue.com

Hi all,

After reading this thread, I purchased a LG OPTIMUS 7 from priceguard through ebay. I am still awaiting this phone(hopefully will have tomorrow or Monday.

However, I have now found out that my phone company have decided that I am due an upgrade after all(I wasn't eligible when I bought the LG). Hence, I hace decided I'd like to avail of an iphone 4 and therefore I want to sell the LG.

Maybe someone reading this thread and going to buy one would like to buy this from me. obviously it will mean they wont have to wait fro it to come from Germany. I paid the €183.30 price for it and I have also purchased a leather case for it. I have the paypal receipt etc etc

I will sell the whole lot for €183.30 and I will pay for the registered postage too.

Anyone interested can PM me.

I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting this, if I have, please delete this post.

Might be interested. My dad wants me to sell his iPhone 3G and get him one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Hi,
    I have two phones in my ebay account, (yet to pay for) how do i get rid of one of them. I went to buy 1 phone a few days ago did most of the forms but noticed it was only paypal
    so i put cash into paypal , and clicked on buy ,,now i have 2 phones in the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Purchased this LG HFB 510 Solar Powered Bluetooth car kit to go with my Optimus 7 and it arrived today.

First impressions are good, no problems pairing to the Optimus 7 and from a few calls the call quality on both ends of the call was super. You can pair two phones to the unit simultaneously but I haven't tried that yet.

The previous gen model the LG HFB 500 is also available on Amazon considerably cheaper but I chose the HFB 510 because of the vibration on/off setting which automatically turns on the unit when it senses vibrations from the car moving, so I don't have to remember to turn the kit on getting into the car and it turns off automatically so won't lose it's charge.

From reviews I have read once the kit is initially charged up the solar panel will keep it fully charged, so will be handy not to have to be charging the unit by cable.

Both units come with adaptor leads so you can use as an emergency charger for your phone.

I'm on the lookout for a car kit too. My previous one was nicked at the weekend when a brick was thrown through my car window for it. It cost me £5.99 on play.com while on offer. Damage to window is covered but the rest would cost €200 to fix as the brick didn't land softly on a seat :(. It was one that clipped to the visor and worked well enough. I only recharged once which was last week after having it for 6 months.

For the solar ones, I assume you stick them to your windscreen so they get sunlight. Does that make them a bit far away and reduce quality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

I've been using my Optimus 7 for a few weeks now and i like it a lot.

One thing i want to recommend is a free game called Wordament.

Its a word game but your scoring is compared to the rest of the world.

http://youtu.be/ZioWdCtH4Wk

If you like word games you'll love it :)

I've no connection to the developers of this game its just a really good game and its free!
    Also it would be good to see more irish flags on the leader board, theres way too many yanks on it at the moment :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement