Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus 7 €265 sim free [Expansys] - *Now €199 @Amazon.de*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Found out a thing on the WP7 OS that I never heard of before that was annoying me. I could never see the battery level or wifi connection etc. without locking the phone or going back to home screen, but I found that tapping the very top of the screen (just below the LG logo) makes that bar pop up for a few seconds. Someone may find that helpful. It only works though when you are in apps like Messaging, settings and Calls, not third party apps it seems. But its something handy to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Digitalism wrote: »
    Found out a thing on the WP7 OS that I never heard of before that was annoying me. I could never see the battery level or wifi connection etc. without locking the phone or going back to home screen, but I found that tapping the very top of the screen (just below the LG logo) makes that bar pop up for a few seconds. Someone may find that helpful. It only works though when you are in apps like Messaging, settings and Calls, not third party apps it seems. But its something handy to know.

Therea are loads of tips and tricks lists on the web. See http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/36413/72-windows-phone-7-tips for instance. #30 for your one!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

-Chris- wrote: »
    I'm on O2 Prepay

You can see the info at http://www.o2online.ie/o2/my-o2/mobile-internet/

You get 700MB for €10. In terms of usage I've used 77MB since 05/06/11. I'm on Wifi when I'm at home, but I'd be surfing a bit and checking FB while I'm out and about. I think you'd have to be downloading music or watching a lot of videos to go above the 700MB limit.

I'm on meteor at the minute. Which gives me 250mb per month, its not a lot really, I've used 100mb in the last ten days or so. And I don't download anything from my phone it's all just browsing online. I am viewing full desktop pages most of the time, which eats into things, but most mobile sites are terrible! I'm thinking of switching to 3 I'm still not sure though. I have a SIM card at home, might pop it in my old phone to see what the coverage is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

-Chris- wrote: »
    I'm on O2 Prepay

You can see the info at http://www.o2online.ie/o2/my-o2/mobile-internet/

You get 700MB for €10. In terms of usage I've used 77MB since 05/06/11. I'm on Wifi when I'm at home, but I'd be surfing a bit and checking FB while I'm out and about. I think you'd have to be downloading music or watching a lot of videos to go above the 700MB limit.

Just the email when not on wifi. Say I use 50mb a month. Is there a duration limit for the 700mb bundle or do I have to renew every month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

They automatically charge you €10 pm for 700MB or less.

If you go over 700MB they charge a €10 and you start your new month that day (instead of being charged mega-money for going above your allowance)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

heid wrote: »
    Is this much of an upgrade from a broken SE K750i?

Corrected that for you...

BostonB wrote: »
    Corrected that for you...

Still my main phone, no problems with call and text.
    LG Optimus 7 for €183.8 or Vodafone Smart for €17.49 decisions:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

If you can afford to pay 183.8 then get the LG, if you can't then get the Smart. You can't compare the 2 phones, ones high spec (higher price) and the other is low spec (lower price)

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3532&idPhone2=3955

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I think I'm going to get the two, but I want to get the Smart as cheap as possible as it's just going to be something to mess around with, ie, install CM7 and unlock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

The LG optimus 7 is in a whole different league than a budget android phone. Defiantly get the Optimus 7 if you have the cash for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Trevor451 wrote: »
    The LG optimus 7 is in a whole different league than a budget android phone. Defiantly get the Optimus 7 if you have the cash for it.

The LG Optimus 7- is definitely on a different playing field than the Huaweii- which is reflected in the price differential........ Personally- if I had the money I'd get both- the Huaweii just to play with (you can root it very easily and make it a very interesting little toy- but its 2 generations of hardware behind current smartphones.......)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Will the phone be delivered by DHL or An Post?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Will the phone be delivered by DHL or An Post?
    An post.

So will I just use the same reference number on the anpost site to track it, when they recieve it?

It was "Exported to destination country at 0:48" last night, what are the chances of getting it today?

Also, if it gets to the depot in Ennis after the postman has gone around, could I go in and get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

what are the chances of getting it today?

Virtually none!

If you look back the thread at other peoples experiences you may have another 3 days to wait yet.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Virtually none!

If you look back the thread at other peoples experiences you may have another 3 days to wait yet.
    I'll have it by Friday though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I'll have it by Friday though?

Deffo.

invest4deepvalue.com

It was "Exported to destination country at 0:48" last night, what are the chances of getting it today?

Mine's been like that since Sat, 18.06.11 05:49 hours. It's not showing up on AnPost yet. I'll probably have it before AnPost update their website! :D

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Mine's been like that since Sat, 18.06.11 05:49 hours. It's not showing up on AnPost yet. I'll probably have it before AnPost update their website! :D

Hopefully!

I'd love if it came tomorrow though! :)

• Advertisement

Got of priceguard ebay today so sometime next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Got of priceguard ebay today so sometime next week.

Likewise - got this for the mrs!! Birthday pressie sorted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Just pulled the trigger on an Ebay priceguard purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

Got mine yesterday and love it. Ordered 16th came 21st(from price guard). Pretty fast Imo.

Some quick notes:

Came with: USB cable(1 Metre. Would have liked longer.)
    2 pin Power Plug > USB adapter. Works fine without adapter.
    Decent set of Earphones.

Setup:

Updates took a while. About 10 mins. Had to run it twice to get to newest WP7 version.

Had to export contacts as .vcf then import to Gmail contacts. Then Sync with phone. Took 2mins. Editing/adding/linking very easy.

Question: Anyone know if using a USB extender will effect the phones charging/use?

Boo_hoo wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday and love it. Ordered 16th came 21st(from price guard). Pretty fast Imo.

Question: Anyone know if using a USB extender will effect the phones charging/use?

I'm getting mine tomorrow then :D

I don't think a USB extender will make a difference.

Boo_hoo wrote: »

Hold on a sec, I got the tip from you about price gaurd on the 15th and going back a few pages :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

;| Soz. Getting my days wrong. I ordered at about 4am on the 15th(even though I said yesterday) in the previous post. And received Monday 20th. So still 5 days, 3 business days.

Phone Update:

Syncing files other than music/video/pictures is quite cumbersome(like pdf). Either need to email to yourself or to cloud storage to be downloaded. I'm currently using Skydrive and downloading the files through the Iexplorer.

Converted a video for playing today. Game.of.thrones.e10.720p.mkv >> 800*480.mp4. Looks very good. 500MB file size. P.S Zune can't handle mkv.

Reading Excel files and pdf files from emails is quick and easy. Only quibble is that it can't open password protected pdf files

Another seller (F2RDE) on amazon.de has a cheaper total. €167.12 delivered. See here. NOTE: Seems this is for a "USED" phone. :(
    Artikel: EUR 159,00
    Verpackung & Versand: EUR 8,12

Gesamtbetrag: EUR 167,12

Gesamtbetrag der Bestellung mit MwSt.-DetailsBestellungsübersicht Amazon.de
    Marketplace Bestellungsübersicht
    Artikel: EUR 159,00
    Verpackung & Versand: EUR 8,12

Gesamtsumme: EUR 167,12
    Bestellungsübersicht Amazon.de
    Marketplace Bestellungsübersicht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

So whats the feeling on getting data/files on/off this phone?
    Its not possible to use as a removable hard drive right?

• Advertisement

Dr Nic wrote: »
    So whats the feeling on getting data/files on/off this phone?
    Its not possible to use as a removable hard drive right?

You need to use zune officially. There is a simple registry hack to give access to storage as an external drive too. There are probably some other ways if you jailbreak/hack the phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement