Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Jeffrey Archer on the same show as the McCanns?

Lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

"Did yas look under the bed?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

I thought that David Cameron said he was going to re-open the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Kess73 wrote: »
    I agree that using the media is one way, and a powerful one, for the McCanns or any parents missing a child to highlight the issue and to get the child's face out into the public domain.

But what is odd, to me anyway, is why were the media called before the police?

The Telegraph was running the story on their website as an abduction at the same time as the first policemen were arriving at the scene.

Now the phone records of both the hotel and the emergency records were presented in the report and both showed the call to the police as happening at 23:50.

The police were recorded as having arrived at the scene roughly ten minutes after the call was made, something both the McCanns and the police agree on. But the English media were already able to have all the details on the child, the McCanns and that it was an abduction before the police even started the investigation.

It just strikes me as odd that the media back in England would be rang before the local police on such a thing.

And it also strikes me as strange that a child found missing at 22:00 and whose mother was sure straight away that it was an abduction, would not be reported to the police for another hour and fifty minutes.

Now that does not mean the McCanns are guilty of doing something to the child, but the fact that the call times are present in the report and that they clash badly with the McCanns timeframe does present the potential for doubt.

The other thing is the McCann's are criticising the police for not sealing of the scene. If it took nearly 2 hours and that many people in and out it nearly sounds pointless as it was contaminated long before they arrived, it's a bit rich to blame the police.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

There is going to be another investigation isn't there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

starryeye wrote: »
    I thought that David Cameron said he was going to re-open the case.
    David Cameron can't re-open the case. There is an argument that he shouldn't have even requested the Met to do anything.

All they are doing is reviewing the case. I don't think any new evidence will be searched for.

It may also be noted that the Met had nothing to do with the original case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

starryeye wrote: »
    There is going to be another investigation isn't there?

Nope. Press hype. Kate McCann has a book to sell.

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t14976-downing-st-denies-giving-orders-to-police-on-madeleine

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Jeffrey Archer on the same show as the McCanns?

Lol.

haha.. I'd say they were taking notes in the Green-room on how to stifle Tubridy by going off on tangents

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Are they on tonight or next week ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Dan I Am wrote: »
    ( If

'crying in previous evening and twins not waking' - Kate McCann was talking about that yesterday on BBC Radio 4 ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b01115hc ) She said that, with hindsight, she thought there may have been an aborted abduction attempt the night before, causing the children's crying, and that the abductor then drugged them the next night and successfully abducted Madeleine. That sounds at least as believable as any other scenario, and more believable than the idea that they heavily sedated their kids in the first place,

You cannot be serious.

Someone tried to abduct a child, failed and came back the next night, somehow drugged the children and took one? And you think this is more likely than any other scenario? That because they are doctors they cannot make a mistake, but if they were junkies, well, all bets are off. How very Sky of you.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

In the US those two bastards would be in prison for reckless endangerment of a minor...probably for perjury and interfering with a crime scene too.

What carried the case in their favour was good-old fashioned British racism..the media regarded the Portugese authorities as a bunch of incompetant,unshaven,lazy Manuel-style characters who bungled the investigation and cannot be trusted.

Had this "abduction" happened on mainland Britain they'd have both been cherged ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

thier on next!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

On in the next couple of mins. Seems it may have been pre-recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Lets hope Tubridy asks them some decent questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

I for one, would not poke Kate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

'so....what ya make of the neil lennon thing the other night?'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

They were on two weeks ago weren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

On in the next couple of mins. Seems it may have been pre-recorded.

Was thinking the same thing considering the competition result was announced early.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

There you go, she loved role-play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

They were on two weeks ago weren't they?

This is there first time on Irish television.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

She was into roleplay bad choice of words Gerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Just a quick question. Do they believe Madeline is still alive?
    And if so, why continue speaking about her past tense? Personally if it was my child, and I beleived she was still alive, no way I wud be talking in the past tense.
    Or is it just me being to padantic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

cute_cow wrote: »
    And if so, why continue speaking about her past tense?

I noticed the exact same thing out of him too...weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

She can't fully answer question

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Degsy wrote: »
    Had this "abduction" happened on mainland Britain they'd have both been cherged ages ago.

Nope, it's amazing the amount of people who think leaving 3 toddlers home alone, 2 knowingly who were in distress previously as fine. Plenty of Irish people seem to think it's fine too.

Oh, it'll just be wrote of as a mistake when the kept doing it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

She's stuttering! Full of sh!t....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Garry Glitter

Nothing inflammatory just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

shes blaming the staff of the hotel for wriitin down the importancy of gettin a babysitter?? ffs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

cute_cow wrote: »
    Just a quick question. Do they believe Madeline is still alive?
    And if so, why continue speaking about her past tense? Personally if it was my child, and I beleived she was still alive, no way I wud be talking in the past tense.
    Or is it just me being to padantic?

In fairness they are talking about the past what she was like as a baby and then between then and she went missing, eg. it wouldn't make sense to say she has very bad colic as a baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement