Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Kess73 wrote: »
    I think that if I was in a foreign country and had a child go missing that calling the local police would come before ringing a newspaper and sky news in terms of the first call or calls that I made.

Only two calls make sense to me personally for that situation. To call the police and possibly call a family member back home.

The police was the last call to be made that night. The media and family back home were called long before the police.

Not calling the police for 1 hour and 50 minutes after your child is missing has to increase the chance an abductor has to get away. Kate McCann claimed that she knew straight away that the child was abducted, so if there was an abductor there that night, not making an earlier call to the police made that person's escape that bit easier.

That person had almost two hours of a head start by the time the police were first phoned. Two hours can give a person one hell of a head start.

So even if the McCanns are totally innocent in terms of doing anything to the child, they are guilty of making it very easy for an abductor by leaving three babies alone in an apartment in a foreign country and also of helping that abductor escape by not alerting the police when they thought it was an abduction.

And if they are innocent of causing harm to the child by their own hands, they have to live with the terrible fact that they made it easy for the abductor to take that child and they helped to give that abductor more time to escape by not calling the police.

Negligence? been in a forign country and not knowing what to do? Not speaking the same language? hundreds of reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

cosmicfart wrote: »
    I have followed the case quite close actually. hard not to. Im not a lawyer or whatever but am firmly of the opinion that these parents in question are only searching for their daughter and are not the reason she is missing.

I know of nobody who has done detailed research into evidence outside the mainstream media and maintained the view you are taking, but I wish you well, and hope you still have an open mind. I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I dont have one either, I am a godfather to two and I feel very protective of them. However, you cant take into account that someone is out to kidnap you child, its quite impossible to defend against if someone is determined to do it. Whoever took Madeline is god knows what.....
    But there's no evidence whatsoever that somebody was "determined" to kidnap Madeleine, in fact, no evidence that there was ever anybody other than members of the McCann family in the apartment at the time s in question. Even if there was, the parents didn't defend against it at all. They left her alone in an unlocked apartment with an "abduct one get two free" offer for any potential abductors.

Pedro K wrote: »
    But there's no evidence whatsoever that somebody was "determined" to kidnap Madeleine, in fact, no evidence that there was ever anybody other than members of the McCann family in the apartment at the time s in question. Even if there was, the parents didn't defend against it at all. They left her alone in an unlocked apartment with an "abduct one get two free" offer for any potential abductors.

thats just heresay.

thats just heresay.
    What's just hearsay? Again, read the thread, read the articles. The parents admitted (after changing their story a couple of times) that they left the apartment unlocked. And DNA tests subsequently found there to be no other DNA in the apartment except for McCann DNA.

EDIT: Plus a trained dog smelled cadavers in the apartment in question. Again, what's hearsay?

• Advertisement

What's just hearsay? Again, read the thread, read the articles. The parents admitted (after changing their story a couple of times) that they left the apartment unlocked. And DNA tests subsequently found there to be no other DNA in the apartment except for McCann DNA.

so 'what if' the apartment was unlocked, what guilt are you ascribing to them? and no other DNA from anyone EVER using the apartment was found......sounds like a Coldcase to me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Negligence? been in a forign country and not knowing what to do? Not speaking the same language? hundreds of reasons

Hundreds of reasons not to call the police when you are certain that your child has just been abducted? Kate's first comments was that her child had been taken. I fail to believe that there are hundreds of reason why a mother who thought that would not want the police called.

The language thing could be seen as an excuse for some confusion but not 1 hour and 50 minutes of confusion and especially not when the first people to respond to Kate were all english speakers as highlighted in the report.

Give me one good reason why a mother who was 100% certain her child was abducted would allow almost two hours to pass before the police were called?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

thats just heresay.

Since its hearsay that there was no evidence of external forces playing a part in the abduction I assume you can back that up by pointing us towards that evidence?

so 'what if' the apartment was unlocked, what guilt are you ascribing to them? and no other DNA from anyone EVER using the apartment was found......sounds like a Coldcase to me! :pac:
    Read my post you quoted a couple of posts ago. I said nobody other than the McCanns in the apartment during the times in question. With each post you're showing your lack of knowledge about the case... Or Maybe you've just made your mind up already and refuse to take into consideration the evidence that's on the table.

Edit: "what if the apartment was unlocked"... well there's the little matter of three toddlers sleeping alone in there....

Kess73 wrote: »
    Hundreds of reasons not to call the police when you are certain that your child has just been abducted? Kate's first comments was that her child had been taken. I fail to believe that there are hundreds of reason why a mother who thought that would not want the police called.

The language thing could be seen as an excuse for some confusion but not 1 hour and 50 minutes of confusion and especially not when the first people to respond to Kate were all english speakers as highlighted in the report.

Give me one good reason why a mother who was 100% certain her child was abducted would allow almost two hours to pass before the police were called?

Perhaps she thought the child was hiding or playing a game? I dont why she delayed in callin the police ive never been in such a situation and informing them would have been something i would have done but im sure ive never been in such a frantic situtation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Cosmicfart I'm afraid you'll never win with the Internet Detective mob on here, they fail to realise that
    1) They are releasing the book and appearing on chat shows to keep their missing child in the public eye so that when the general public go abroad this summer they will keep an eye out for Madeline.
    2) They are running low on funds to keep the search going for their missing daughter.

The only thing they are guilty of is leaving their kids alone and that is where I would hold them accountable for. If they had killed her do you think they would still be highlighting their missing daughter and bringing the focus back on themselves?

People don't like the couple as Kate comes across as cold and Gerry as nervous during media appearances, that doesn't mean they have done anything wrong.

Do you really think that the UK Prime Minister would look to get police rescources involved without looking into the case and if there was any doubt about the McCann's innocence?

These parent's that recognise their mistake and you can see the toll that it has taken by the strain on their faces and the guilt of leaving their children alone on that night, not of anything more sinister.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Since its hearsay that there was no evidence of external forces playing a part in the abduction I assume you can back that up by pointing us towards that evidence?

What evidence can you prove to disclaim the existance that Madline was not kinapped and that it was actually something that their parents covered up? Do u actually think they killed her?? Prove it with something tangible or your just talking what ifs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭maebee

I taped this afternoon's Press Conference in London and just watched it.

Some journo asked about the aged enhanced photo. This was Kates reply:

(14.38 pm)

"The picture of her at age 6 looked quite old so we weren't in a rush to kind of change it. If you have too many pictures it can get quite confusing but it is something we'd consider in another year or two probably."

Gerry immediately jumps in with:

You know when I went to Washington back in 2007 blah blah.

They intend to be still looking in a year or two? How do they not know she won't be found next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mydearwatson

EDIT: Plus a trained dog smelled cadavers in the apartment in question. Again, what's hearsay?

The same trained dog smelled cadavers in a car which was rented by the McCanns weeks after Madeleine disappeared.

Scenario One:
    The McCanns killed Madeleine (or disposed of her "accidental" body) on the night of her disappearance. They had the presence of mind to hide her in a location which would remain undetected for the next few weeks ... before they went for a drive, picked her up, and moved the body elsewhere. Where it hasn't yet been found. Despite the constant scrutinty of the media/police as at that time.

Hard to swallow.

Scenario Two:
    The Portoguese police placed cadaver scents at locations which would suit themselves in their conviction of the McCann's liability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭danmoz

Perhaps she thought the child was hiding or playing a game? I dont why she delayed in callin the police ive never been in such a situation and informing them would have been something i would have done but im sure ive never been in such a frantic situtation.

For someone who has been following the case, you sure are ignorant about it.

Otherwise you'd know that Kate Mccanns first words when she discovered her missing were "They've taken her".

At no point did she simply think she was 'playing a game of hide and seek'. In Kate Mccanns own words, from her own book she states "to believe Madeleine has simply wandered off was an insult to my intelligence".

Now I suggest you take your ignorance and find a thread where you won't look such an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

What evidence can you prove to disclaim the existance that Madline was not kinapped and that it was actually something that their parents covered up? Do u actually think they killed her?? Prove it with something tangible or your just talking what ifs.....

Thats not the way court works in order for a claim to be valid its needs to be backed up. The mcanns seem confident that "they" have taken her. I want to know what indicated to kate that "they" were involved at all. The abduction is a theory, theorys need evidence. Proponents of theorys need to present evidence to back the theory. Im not even asking for proof im just curious as to why did kate suspect a "they" as the reason to explain their daughters disapearance.

Cosmicfart I'm afraid you'll never win with the Internet Detective mob on here, they fail to realise that
    1) They are releasing the book and appearing on chat shows to keep their missing child in the public eye so that when the general public go abroad this summer they will keep an eye out for Madeline.
    2) They are running low on funds to keep the search going for their missing daughter.

The only thing they are guilty of is leaving their kids alone and that is where I would hold them accountable for. If they had killed her do you think they would still be highlighting their missing daughter and bringing the focus back on themselves?

People don't like the couple as Kate comes across as cold and Gerry as nervous during media appearances, that doesn't mean they have done anything wrong.

Do you really think that the UK Prime Minister would look to get police rescources involved without looking into the case and if there was any doubt about the McCann's innocence?

These parent's that recognise their mistake and you can see the toll that it has taken by the strain on their faces and the guilt of leaving their children alone on that night, not of anything more sinister.

Well said. sums it all really, though when you are in a forign country, possibly because your English, you do get treated as a second class citzen and treated with contempt.

PS

im Irish just but just pointing out the fact

Are you saying that if the PM believed they weren't innocent he wouldn't ask the police to look into the case? So, believing they weren't innocent, he'd let two murderers go free, is that what you're saying?

People aren't jumping to rash conclusions, they're forming an opinion based on the findings of the Portugese and British police.

unlike braindead idiots like yourself who form an opinion by sticking their hand up their arse and interpreting the mess on their hand.

danmoz wrote: »
    For someone who has been following the case, you sure are ignorant about it.

Otherwise you'd know that Kate Mccanns first words when she discovered her missing were "They've taken her".

At no point did she simply think she was 'playing a game of hide and seek'. In Kate Mccanns own words, from her own book she states "to believe Madeleine has simply wandered off was an insult to my intelligence".

Now I suggest you take your ignorance and find a thread where you won't look such an idiot.

What would you have said???......... "Shes out having a party!?" grow up and lets have a discussion about it otherwise F off

unlike braindead idiots like yourself who form an opinion by sticking their hand up their arse and interpreting the mess on their hand.

I'll let the Mod's deal with you Mr Angry :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No, that's not why I don't like them. Not at all.
    The same trained dog smelled cadavers in a car which was rented by the McCanns weeks after Madeleine disappeared.

Scenario One:
    The McCanns killed Madeleine (or disposed of her "accidental" body) on the night of her disappearance. They had the presence of mind to hide her in a location which would remain undetected for the next few weeks ... before they went for a drive, picked her up, and moved the body elsewhere. Where it hasn't yet been found. Despite the constant scrutinty of the media/police as at that time.

Hard to swallow.

Scenario Two:
    The Portoguese police placed cadaver scents at locations which would suit themselves in their conviction of the McCann's liability.
    Rather apt username :)

They aren't the only two scenarios at all. There are plenty of others, one of which being they disposed of a body (if the child died there and then) long before they called the police, as it's been proven they didn't call the police for nearly two hours, and then used the hire car to transport other things, like her clothes , which in turn may have had cadaver scents on them.

Your second scenario is equally as 'hard to swallow' as your first.

What would you have said???......... "Shes out having a party!?" grow up and lets have a discussion about it otherwise F off

What do you mean 'what should she have said'? YOU were the one who, in your post, suggested she didn't phone the police for so long because she may have thought Madeleine was playing a game.

I'll let the Mod's deal with you Mr Angry :rolleyes:

Boohoo, the nasty man on the internet insulted my inteligence because, after 30 odd pages of people quoting the findings of over a hundred British and Portugese policemen and experts I still continue to ignore all the facts presented to me and form a conclusion based on the protests of the two main suspects

Man up.

What do you mean 'what should she have said'? YOU were the one who, in your post, suggested she didn't phone the police for so long because she may have thought Madeleine was playing a game.

Suggestion

Suggestion

That's right, which is bizarre for someone who claims to be following the case otherwise you'd know what happened and wouldn't be making up your own version of events. In what way are you 'following this case'? Via The Sun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

I still cling to the hope that Madeleine is one missing person who will be found.

That's right, which is bizarre for someone who claims to be following the case otherwise you'd know what happened and wouldn't be making up your own version of events. In what way are you 'following this case'? Via The Sun?

No I dont read rags, probualy shouldnt be bothering with AH! So are you gonna continue having a go at me or be more productive to the discussion, seeing as you are well informed and know all the angles in said case...

Boohoo, the nasty man on the internet insulted my inteligence because, after 30 odd pages of people quoting the findings of over a hundred British and Portugese policemen and experts I still continue to ignore all the facts presented to me and form a conclusion based on the protests of the two main suspects

Man up.

Can't believe you just signed up to boards just to post on this thread:confused:

And I'm more man then you could handle baby :cool:

No I dont read rags, probualy shouldnt be bothering with AH! So are you gonna continue having a go at me or be more productive to the discussion, seeing as you are well informed and know all the angles in said case...

More productive to the discussion? For about the last 30 pages there has been intelligent discussion with regards to all the witness statements and contradictions, inconsistencies and discretions within, the so called evidence, the witnesses, the findings of the British and Portugese police, etc. Then you came along with your content lacking posts that added nothing sensible to the discussion calling people 'SICKOS' and ignoring the pages of constructive debate.

Can't believe you just signed up to boards just to post on this thread:confused:

And I'm more man then you could handle baby :cool:

Snake Plisken wouldn't go crying to the Mods. You're an insult to the name, you should be ashamed of yourself. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭maebee

Re the serialisation in the Sun. Apparently even they found Kate McCann's words unfit for publication. Unbelievably, she wrote (page 129)

I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded.
    "Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart".

The Sun wisely changed the offending words to "body"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement