Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor's Disgraceful Customer service.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The Meteor Billpay or eMobile (or both but certainly eMobile) is gradually being moved to Cork (or Cork and Limerick) and the transition period while they get the new call centre(s) up and running and wind down the old one has actually resulted in eircoms mobile customer care being even MORE shambolic than it was a few months ago.

Dunno what they are doing with Prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cherryman

Yes, Meteor must be the worst for customer service. The agents are mechanical, rude, ignorant and just want to get you off the line. Only way to deal with that is to go to the competition. Cherryman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Absolutely terrible. Apart from their constant looping call menus, I have had 6 emails ignored and hung up twice by staff.

Awful. Wish I didnt have to deal with them, but do due to friends.

Meteor; get your friekin act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I seriously cant wait to leave this shambolic network when my credit runs out, i rang them this morning and was amazed when i got through pretty much straight away given the chronic long delays people are experiencing, the representative said my free call credit which i get every month would be applied within a half an hour, 4 hours later and no call credit so i called back and was cut off after about 16 mins, 7 more times from then up to about a half an hour ago i called 1747 and was on hold from various times ranging from 14 to 22 minutes and each and every time i was cut off and charged 15 cents every time for calling, i think they are cutting off people on purpose, i hear there may be job losses because supposedly Meteor are moving their customer service to India (cheap labour) so the staff couldn't care less and whilei have sympathy for anyone losing their job this is absolutely no excuse for this level of pathetic customer service, if they do actually move their operation to India that will be even worse for customers, ive dealt with Indian call centres before and while they are generally a lot more courteous than Irish trying to understand them can be a nightmare and frustrating.

I've dealt with some bad companies before when it comes to customer service but i think Meteor takes some beating, absolutely shocking, ive been a customer for years but can take no more and im finished when the credit runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

jonnny68 wrote: »
    i think they are cutting off people on purpose, i hear there may be job losses because supposedly Meteor are moving their customer service to India (cheap labour) so the staff couldn't care less and whilei have sympathy for anyone losing their job this is absolutely no excuse for this level of pathetic customer service, if they do actually move their operation to India that will be even worse for customers, ive dealt with Indian call centres before and while they are generally a lot more courteous than Irish trying to understand them can be a nightmare and frustrating.

You obviously have no clue at all.

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    You obviously have no clue at all.

Thank you for your thought provoking answer you have excelled yourself mate,

christ almighy what sort of muppet are you, are you an apologist for this shambolic company:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Thank you for your thought provoking answer you have excelled yourself mate,

christ almighy what sort of muppet are you, are you an apologist for this shambolic company:rolleyes:

They are not moving to India so you're obviously in the wrong. Wherever you got that idea from is full of bull. Also there's quite a few threads about Meteor where they state what's happening to the CSR side of things. Oh and reported ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

kensutz and jonnny68 This sort of bickering is not acceptable. Stick to the consumer issue at hand.

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    kensutz and jonnny68 This sort of bickering is not acceptable. Stick to the consumer issue at hand.

dudara

i was before this Meteor apologist came on and tried to be smart.

ive said enough on the subject anyway, shambolic company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

meteor aka eircom
    and the customer service line use to be free, and there use to be customer service.

Why am I still with this horrible horrible network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

I seriously cant wait to leave this shambolic network when my credit runs out, i rang them this morning and was amazed when i got through pretty much straight away given the chronic long delays people are experiencing, the representative said my free call credit which i get every month would be applied within a half an hour, 4 hours later and no call credit so i called back and was cut off after about 16 mins, 7 more times from then up to about a half an hour ago i called 1747 and was on hold from various times ranging from 14 to 22 minutes and each and every time i was cut off and charged 15 cents every time for calling, i think they are cutting off people on purpose, i hear there may be job losses because supposedly Meteor are moving their customer service to India (cheap labour) so the staff couldn't care less and whilei have sympathy for anyone losing their job this is absolutely no excuse for this level of pathetic customer service, if they do actually move their operation to India that will be even worse for customers, ive dealt with Indian call centres before and while they are generally a lot more courteous than Irish trying to understand them can be a nightmare and frustrating.

I've dealt with some bad companies before when it comes to customer service but i think Meteor takes some beating, absolutely shocking, ive been a customer for years but can take no more and im finished when the credit runs out.

They are not moving to India they are moving to cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

saa wrote: »
    meteor aka eircom
    and the customer service line use to be free, and there use to be customer service.

Then change?
    Simples.
    I had to ring them the other day as my blackberry sub hadnt cancelled like the text said, so it took 9.99eur credit, I rang them, on the automated system, it said theyre having issues with the phone and there will be longer holding times. Didnt bother me,
    and guy I was talking to brian was his name, lovely couldnt have done anymore. had it sorted in two minutes
    same difference some might say ;)
    do you know when and where exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

booboo88 wrote: »
    saa wrote: »
    meteor aka eircom

Then change?
    Simples.
    I had to ring them the other day as my blackberry sub hadnt cancelled like the text said, so it took 9.99eur credit, I rang them, on the automated system, it said theyre having issues with the phone and there will be longer holding times. Didnt bother me,
    and guy I was talking to brian was his name, lovely couldnt have done anymore. had it sorted in two minutes
    same difference some might say ;)
    do you know when and where exactly?
    Yes I do

Yes I do

care to enlighten us??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

My boyfriend and I had an awful time recently trying to get our free texts activated and customer service either didn't answer at all or would randomly answer within 20 seconds, it's very hit and miss.

We dealt with their Twitter Customer Service Feed and they were a lot more helpful and although it took way too long fair play to the Twitter person they got it sorted and apologised profusely.

Still, it's making us have a long hard think about whether it's worth skipping across to a different provider if they're offering similar deals...

meteors fair usage policy is alot higher though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Moved to them a few days back, have to agree, the service is very poor. Took at least 5hrs on the phone to get my number switched. Constant disconnects.
    May stay with them unless I have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I've been with Meteor for years and have had some problems with their customer service over the years. I am in contract until January but the tariff I was on was ridiculous compared to the ones that are out at the moment (€50 a month, 300 minutes, free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts, no data, no free texts to other networks) and my bills were costing about €100 a month. Rang up last night to see if there was anything they could do, just chancing my arm. The girl told me to ring back today and they have changed my tariff to the Smart Light one (€50 for 400 minutes, free Meteor to Meteor, unlimited free texts and 2gb data). It's going to make such a difference to my bills, I was delighted with them. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Suprise suprise, still not sorted, still no reply, still cant through on the phones.
    What I wrote to them today:
    Email wrote:
    I am seriously considering taking my business elsewhere. The customer service has been appalling, and unquestionably the worst I have ever experienced from any company in this day and age. If you dont appreciate your customers or even have the decency to provide some kind of constructive reply, then why should I be a customer of yours? This has gone on so much longer than it should have, and ive been told to contact someone else SO many times.

So now Im forwarding this to all I was asked to; what is going on with my order, why was it cancelled, and why was I charged and not refunded the administration charge? You have cost me money with your non answering 'customer care' line, as well as having to buy more credit on my PAYG account as I had ordered this well in time for an international trip which would have saved money again.

I truly am appaled by your service at the moment. I am seriously considering taking my business elsewhere. I request that this is sorted asap by a senior staff member.

If you missed what happened, tried to sign up to Bill Pay Lite, they took the 1 euro admin charge and didnt refund it when they cancelled it a day later. Cannot get an answer as to why it was cancelled or why it wasnt refunded. This is 20 days later now from the first email sent to them to find out whats going on. Given up on the phone after today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭whatanidiot

Ive had a major bustup with meteor due to the lack of help and absolute ignorance of not one but two of their employees in the Waterford branch. Having ordered a phone online and waiting over a week for it to still not even be dispatched I went into the shop on Tues and dealt with the first 1. She didnt want anything to do with me once she realised I wasnt looking to buy a phone off her....basically was told it wasnt her problem. Then again went in Weds evening. At this stage I was pretty upset as Im not from Waterford and was stuck here until I got the phone. I was 100% nice and just asked what her opinion was in what I should do. She informed me that the online shop had nothing to do with them....fair enough but that wasnt what Id asked. She fobbed me off by telling me to ring customer service in the morning because I quote "its all kids in now so you won't get any help". I told her Id been on hold for nearly 20 minutes already that day and couldn' t afford to spend more credit....she literally sniggered and said "thats not possible, they charge 15 cent a call".
    Needless to say I was getting pissed off with her attitude and said I know the credits gone because I hung up and checked...all i got again was"its not possible so..." and she started looking for the number for me to ring (which she could't find).
    I then asked her if they had the phone in stock as its an xmas pressie and I cant go home without it. She told me they might have one or two upstairs but they'll prob be gone by the following day because in her words with a big stupid grin "it is Christmas week you know". I said if I rang and canceled the phone online and she again sniggerd and said "your not gonna have it for xmas...it takes 5 working days to get a refund". I asked how much the phone was instore as I know its more expensive and she quoted off a price as 300e when I paid 350e online....I just gave up there and then. They haven't a clue and just don't care.
    The good news is the phone came day so off home for me for xmas at last :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cataclysm

Meteor's NEW customer service isnt as good as the old one.

Called up to pay my bill and was just told I cant do it over the phone with my credit card and that I should go into a store because its less hassle on my behalf??

Not even a helpful idea!

Went to the store stood there for about two minutes and left because its soo busy!

They need to get their act together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

cataclysm wrote: »
    Meteor's NEW customer service isnt as good as the old one.

Called up to pay my bill and was just told I cant do it over the phone with my credit card and that I should go into a store because its less hassle on my behalf??

Not even a helpful idea!

Went to the store stood there for about two minutes and left because its soo busy!

They need to get their act together!

Can you not pay it online? Seems the most sensible option to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cataclysm

SteoL wrote: »

I dont have access to the internet 24/7

Makes more sense to pay over the phone doesnt it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

cataclysm wrote: »
    SteoL wrote: »

I dont have access to the internet 24/7

Makes more sense to pay over the phone doesnt it???

You were online 5 days ago.......and tonight........:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 R0bb01987

Ive been with them a few years now and found my bills were high, they rang me up and signed me up for the smart 50 plan with free texts to any network. the bills were what I expected then I got a text in March with my bill balance which was odd. The bill was twice what it normally was. I rang up and they said my texts to any network was a gimmick for a year and ran out (bearing in mind the contract was 18 month). I was then told I could have had them added onto the plan for €10 extra a month. The main reason I was annoyed was they send you messages for everything else yet this coming to an end wasnt referred to me.

So I decided to register a complaint. I went onto their website and used the complaint form. got a message saying I would receive an acknowledgement and my complaint would be dealt with in 5 working days. no acknowlegment and no response. I then faxed and posted my complaint and kept a copy of the fax confirmation. 5 days later I got a call saying we have received your complaint and you will get a response in 5 to 10 working days. on the tenth working day I rang to see if it was being dealt with and the chap on the phone has no idea why I was calling etc etc. I was told I would get a phonecall the nect day from a manager. two days later I got a phonecall from the customer service line and when I answered I was on hold then put throught to someone who thought I rang him. went mad and found ot someone rang me and put me straight through to this guy as a joke. in fairness to him wasnt his fault bt after a month It was taking the p*ss. I raised my issue with Comreg and got a phonecall from the rudest person ive ever spoke to in Meteor, he went through the options etc and I asked for an email or letter to confirm it as everytime you ring they have no clue, he said I wouldnt get either and if I wanted my file and their internal notes I would have to pay €6,40. So ive gone back to Comreg and the case is on going still.

Needless to say I will b moving network however I will get this dealt with just because ive wasted so much time with it.

I use to work in a call centre so I know whats its like getting crap calls one after the other however all 5 people ive spoken to over this all have an attitude which their is no excuse for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Looks like you are dealing with head office staff, in Dublin Robbo. You will eventually prevail , keep poking Comreg though. !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blackbelt2012

i work in meteor and if some one was really pissd off about 20 euro, i wud just giv it to them, ha

ok i work in meteor and ye should know the training was appalling. we are encouraged to get customer's off the phone as quick as possible because we are judged on our average handling time of each call. i feel bad for customer's wt evenho ring to complain about how the company works because the complaints never go anywhere, don't waste ye're time seriously.

oh god i cant believe i hav to go bak there tomoro :(

• Advertisement

Oh ya and read the terms and conditions on everything ESPECIALLY if u are a bill pay customer or using data on ur phone, 9/10 problems customer's have are their own fault (i mean, technically, like legally their own fault, obviously it's totally understandable that ye would be mislead by the extremely misleading advertising)

Also "unlimited" never actually means unlimited in Meteor (for internet, etc.) Same with most places i suppose

I would never bother being on Billpay, the bill almost always goes over the advertised amount

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement