Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor's Disgraceful Customer service.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daviseric

found this on a mates FB, enough said!

Attachments removed. Not smart or clever to be doing something as stupid and ignorant as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Lillydee

[QUOTE:MRSCLOUDATLAS] It's now 2 weeks on and guess what? Still no refund. I've sent numerous emails which is a total waste of time by the way. I've gone to comreg again so I've to wait another 2 days then get back to comreg if I don’t get my refund. Meteor are a bunch of criminals if you ask me. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Hi I sincerely hope you get your refund. I fought with them tooth and nail from February to get a refund and even got comreg involved. In the end I was so completely stressed and overwhelmed with their ABSOLUTE BULLSH**T DISGRACEFUL SERVICE and constant EMPTY PROMISES of a refund that I gave up as the stress just wasn't worth it. :mad:

All I can say is that I am delighted to be with 02 and would never recommend meteor to anyone. They may be cheap but as the saying goes 'IF YOU PAY PEANUTS YOU GET MONKEYS'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Lillydee wrote:
    Hi I sincerely hope you get your refund. I fought with them tooth and nail from February to get a refund and even got comreg involved. In the end I was so completely stressed and overwhelmed with their ABSOLUTE BULLSH**T DISGRACEFUL SERVICE and constant EMPTY PROMISES of a refund that I gave up as the stress just wasn't worth it. :mad:

All I can say is that I am delighted to be with 02 and would never recommend meteor to anyone. They may be cheap but as the saying goes 'IF YOU PAY PEANUTS YOU GET MONKEYS'
    I wouldn't give them the satisfaction if I was you. They'd be only too happy to take your money so I would expect a case where they owe someone money, that they would oblige and refund promptly.

Keep at them, send them an e-mail every two or three days - just a polite e-mail, don't get angry or threatening. They will eventually refund you if your e-mail is forwarded to the correct department, you're just relying on whoever initially reads your e-mail to make sure it is forwarded on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

personally Ive always found them very helpful.

I was once on the free m2m texts and calls and I wanted to change to text any network. so I changed my plan online, topped up by 20 and then the next day I got the credit notification to say I only had a few cent left.

So I called them up and told her about, she changed me to the plan I had wanted and gave me free 20euro credit to make up for it.

All in all, no complaints from me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

I know,Ive been trying to cancel the FOOKING bill pay for a month but its a ring road with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

vicM wrote: »
    Actually thier billpay and business CC centre is up in Parkwest as far as I know. The prepay centre is in Waterford. the Billpay crowd would have gotten better training as obviously they will be dealing with understanding bills, bill cycles and what not
    Prepay on the other hand...
    Not much point in going to comreg as its the same call centre as meteor in Waterford.
    Staffed by a selection of Ballybegs finest .

You 2 obviously don't have any clue of the workings of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

The office in Parkwest is Meteors own staff, so they will always get better training. The prepay department is in waterford but is outsourced.

The comreg customer care is not in waterford. Its the National Consuemer Agency thats being outsourced to the same company, not comreg.

People had better hope any issues they have are sorted before it goes to India. If you think its hard to get something done now, imagine what it will be like then. Ill be considering a move to another network, one that supports Irish jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

wobbles wrote: »
    People had better hope any issues they have are sorted before it goes to India. If you think its hard to get something done now, imagine what it will be like then. Ill be considering a move to another network, one that supports Irish jobs

It's not going to India.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

I think your thinking of Talk Talk, The jobs there are going to the UK and the Philippines.

Meteor are moving but staying within the South East.

The Waterford floor takes both Pre Pay and Bill Pay calls FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

kensutz wrote: »
    You 2 obviously don't have any clue of the workings of the place.

want to elaborate?

• Advertisement

wobbles wrote: »
    The office in Parkwest is Meteors own staff, so they will always get better training. The prepay department is in waterford but is outsourced.

Nope,Both Parkwest and waterford are outsourced, a contract that has served its course and will not be renewed come November or something.
    The Parkwest crowd would be dealing with Billpay and also have the Credit control, admin etc

Kitty_Ears wrote: »

The Waterford floor takes both Pre Pay and Bill Pay calls FYI.

Waterford would only take billpay calls if the centre in Parkwest is jammed and the queue exceeds a certain threshold

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Was trying to cancel a phone within the cool-off period. Two years of solicitors letters before they'd F&*k off. Don't EVER go next or near them.

Meteor are the biggest shower of b@stards on the planets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cataclysm

Thats great news that Meteor are teminating their contract with Rigney Dolphin in Waterford,I would never wish anyone to loose their job but theres a few very nasty individuals in that place who deserve their fate.
    Hopefully Meteor will move to a different part of the country and attract a better calibre of person to work for them .
    That part of the SE where they are located does not seem to produce people with even a modicum of common sense and manners.

Thats utter bull!
    People down there are losing their jobs to another part of the country after the talk talk ordeal?
    And all you can say is good riddance!
    seriously most customers of meteor are nothing but spoilt brats who didnt get their own way because they arsed up their bill or they never read the terms and conditions of an offer
    Its the truth you walk into a store and theres people shouting and screaming like wild animals over their own mistakes! i feel sorry for who ever is going to be in the new call centre to deal with the likes of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chi Force

most customers of meteor are nothing but spoilt brats who didnt get their own way because they arsed up their bill or they never read the terms and conditions of an offer

Its the truth you walk into a store and theres people shouting and screaming like wild animals over their own mistakes! i feel sorry for who ever is going to be in the new call centre to deal with the likes of you!

I take exception to that and I'm sure many other people here do too. My issue with Meteor had nothing to do with me. Their truly awful customer service when faced with a functional fault in something they sold was the problem. While I don't, under any circumstances, condone yelling at or being agressive towards staff on a phone or in a store (and have certainly never done any shouting and screaming like a "wild animal" myself), I certainly understand the frustration of customers when faced with the sort of customer-averse service I received and that has been mentioned throughout this thread. Sure, people could maybe be a little more civil sometimes, but that applies to staff too.

I have also heard staff in many of the places where I have worked in the past complain that a customer was being horrible when they were merely making a complaint. Assertive is not the same thing as aggressive. No one likes to be told that they, or their company, is wrong, but it is the responsibility of customer service representatives to listen and, where the complaint is reasonable (and in many cases backed by statute) to see that the correct procedure is followed in a timely fashion. Having to contact a company numerous times with the same complaint, not having your calls returned as promised, not fixing a fault the first time, rudeness or apathy on the part of staff and all other behaviour aimed at denying a customer their rights is wholly unreasonable and there is no excuse. Meteor customer service had so much going for it at the beginning and it's such a pity things have gone so badly wrong. They can't blame the customers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bellsx

Meteor customer care is based in Waterford, its an outsource outfit run By a crowd called Rigney Dolphin. They are a call centre that handle business for many organisations , including COMREG and the NATIONAL CUNSUMER AGENCY.
    They really do excell themselves in alienating customers , They are without doubt the rudest and most ignorant people you will ever come across.
    If youve a complaint go to Meteors head office in Dublin and deal with them directly , thats what i had to do to get a problem sorted, The Chvs from Ballybeg are not worth talking to.

I wish ye would all take into consideration what the agents go through.. fair enough its a part of the job but theres not much jobs out there is there?

Put it this way.. who would you prefer to help? -
    An irrate customer screaming down the phone and wont listen to a word you say??
    Or a calm and patient customer??
    Its hard to be nice to someone who is treating you like pure **** day in day out..

When meteor moves to Cork god help the customers because for the first few weeks the new agents wont have any experience with the systems....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bellsx wrote: »

When meteor moves to Cork god help the customers because for the first few weeks the new agents wont have any experience with the systems....

So they'll be at the current level straight off the bat then :pac:

Mactard wrote: »
    So they'll be at the current level straight off the bat then :pac:

Haha well if you think its bad now i cant imagine what it will be when it moves!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bellsx wrote: »
    Haha well if you think its bad now i cant imagine what it will be when it moves!!

Nah, I was only joking, I've been quite lucky with meteor and anytime I've had a problem it's been sorted over the phone within ten minutes.

Surely they warn you when you top up that it is a non-refundable transaction, right?

I've only ever had good dealings with Meteor and have been a customer with them practically since they first arrived.

• Advertisement

cataclysm wrote: »
    Thats utter bull!
    People down there are losing their jobs to another part of the country after the talk talk ordeal?
    seriously most customers of meteor are nothing but spoilt brats who didnt get their own way because they arsed up their bill or they never read the terms and conditions of an offer

I couldnt of said it better myself!!!! so true...

Nah, I was only joking, I've been quite lucky with meteor and anytime I've had a problem it's been sorted over the phone within ten minutes.

haha oh right sorry!! thats good so!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 honeyx

Its all the supervisors fault! RIOT!!!!!!!

Thats utter bull!

I totaly agree

The level of aggravation and anger of the customers may be directly proportional to the number of times they have to contact customer services only to be told that they'll receive a call back or that the person on the other end of the phone can't do anything and has to find a manager. In my experience, people don't usually start off angry, particularly with relatively small (but not unimportant) issues. As things progress, it becomes about the terrible service rather than the original problem. Sort out the problem first time and there will be far less frustration-related anger in general.

Chi Force wrote: »
    The level of aggravation and anger of the customers may be directly proportional to the number of times they have to contact customer services only to be told that they'll receive a call back or that the person on the other end of the phone can't do anything and has to find a manager. In my experience, people don't usually start off angry, particularly with relatively small (but not unimportant) issues. As things progress, it becomes about the terrible service rather than the original problem. Sort out the problem first time and there will be far less frustration-related anger in general.

Customer care are set certin policies in which the that to oblige to. I am reading everyone hear giving out about customer care agents , about how they wont alow them to speak with a manager, but no one understands that it isnt customer carse fault if a manager wont come to the phone. Yes customer care should not refuse for a manager to come to the phone, but when a manager refuses to come... there is nothing customer care can do. You all need to cop on if anything you should be giving out about the managers, after all.... there the ones running the place. customer care are told what to do , and they do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

honeyx wrote: »
    Customer care are set certin policies in which the that to oblige to. I am reading everyone hear giving out about customer care agents , about how they wont alow them to speak with a manager, but no one understands that it isnt customer carse fault if a manager wont come to the phone. Yes customer care should not refuse for a manager to come to the phone, but when a manager refuses to come... there is nothing customer care can do. You all need to cop on if anything you should be giving out about the managers, after all.... there the ones running the place. customer care are told what to do , and they do it.
    indeed that is why I gave up ringing any customer care lines as they are just a way to ignore customers, now I send an email and another in 48hours if the first has not been acted upon and if nothing is done I send a final email marked with Formal Complaint in the subject line then wait ten days and contact the relevant regulatory body.

Keep in mind that we're complaining about customer care overall. Whether or not a front line agent can get find a manager is nothing to do with the customer. The only thing that matters to us is the care we receive.

If a manager won't come to the phone and things can't get sorted, it's the company's problem and customers have every right to feel aggrieved by that. The company needs to fix things internally or the turnover of front line staff is going to keep increasing because their job is made more difficult by the company, not the customers. Everyone knows that a problem is not a front line agent's fault unless they are rude or apathetic or purposefully and needlessly unhelpful but their job is still to find a way to solve the problem. Customers don't care who does that as long as it's done. If it's not, then customer service representatives can expect angry customers and more threads like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cataclysm

The only thing that matters to us is the care we receive.

So basically no one gives a rats unless their problem is fixed? Kind of a terrible thing to admit but hey its true people who call have problems and half the time they like to make the agents suffer because their problem was fixed but they didnt like how.
    If a manager won't come to the phone and things can't get sorted, it's the company's problem and customers have every right to feel aggrieved by that.

Most of the time an agent has done their job but again the customer doesnt like the answer and expects a manager to fix everything! People think because their now speaking to a manager what they say HAS to be true even though its the same thing an agent said?
    because their job is made more difficult by the company, not the customers.
    This is the best part :) (some) customer dont like what they've been told by one agent, hangs up, calls again gets someone else. same thing repeated and the customer then has a rant and a rave about that agent doing a monkeys job that they are uneducated and that they will achieve nothing in life?
    Cant see how thats the companys fault.
    yes SOME customer should feel angry at something but they shouldnt make an agent who's only doing their job feel worthless.

I made these examples as pure examples. I dont think its fair that people keep encouraging the abuse on agents for doing their job. People on this thread wouldn't survive an hour in Customer care

• Advertisement

Well as your reply was clearly carefully considered (if a tad/significantly presumptuous), I will repay the courtesy.

We'll start off with your last statement.
    People on this thread wouldn't survive an hour in Customer care

I have been part of the customer care team for three large retailers and I've worked in one market research call centre. Please don't assume ignorance on my part of how things are.
    So basically no one gives a rats unless their problem is fixed? Kind of a terrible thing to admit but hey its true people who call have problems

Decontextualising what I've said is unhelpful and makes your argument seem weaker. I prefaced what I said by saying that the poor system management/lack of communications between strata etc of customer care sections is not the customer's problem. There is no reason why it should be.
    half the time they like to make the agents suffer because their problem was fixed but they didnt like how.

Not sure where to start with this one but here goes... I doubt very much that people calling up half the time or half the people calling up all the time are doing so to "make the agents suffer". I neither stated nor implied in my last or any other post that it's ok to "make the agents suffer". I also have my reservations about your assertion regarding problems being fixed in an unsatisfactory manner. I don't think that's the case. It was a relief to finally, finally get my money back from Meteor as the whole issue was a drain on my energy, my time and my money. After that, I didn't want to speak to anyone from Meteor about anything. Ever. That's why I changed network. I don't know of anyone, (though I'm quite sure there are people who have nothing better to do with their time - certainly not enough to amount to half the calls received at any customer care centre I've ever heard of), who has any desire to spend cumulative hours on the phone, many of which are spent on hold in many cases, only to be passed from one operative to the next to the next, just so they can make someone suffer. I imagine that the vast majority of people have a grievance to sort out and would very much prefer not to have to.
    Most of the time an agent has done their job but again the customer doesnt like the answer and expects a manager to fix everything! People think because their now speaking to a manager what they say HAS to be true even though its the same thing an agent said?

The agent's job, certainly when I was one, was to care for the customer and to sort the problem out or find someone who could. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. I would prefer not to have to speak to a manager. I would prefer not to have the problem to begin with but if I do, I have a right to have it sorted out. Believe me, I put no particular faith in authority in that setting. The reason I ask for or am referred to a manager is if I need something that only they can authorise, if I wish to make a complaint about the staff member I am/was dealing with (and there are genuine and reasonable reasons for doing this), or if I wish to make a complaint about another manager. In the case of Meteor, I had a case in the SCC pending and was told specifically to ask for a manager. I don't care if the painter or the office goldfish answers the phone, as long as my problem is fixed.

(some) customer dont like what they've been told by one agent, hangs up, calls again gets someone else. same thing repeated and the customer then has a rant and a rave about that agent doing a monkeys job that they are uneducated and that they will achieve nothing in life? Cant see how thats the companys fault.

There are ignorant and unreasonable people in all walks of life. I have never said anything like that to someone. I doubt very many people have.

I hold up my hands and confess that I've tried the tactic of calling a place twice, only last week with BOI and I've done the same thing with Meteor and any amount of other companies. It's very often successful. It comes down to communication and style of management and is an internal issue. Again, not the problem of the customer. It's human nature to try to get what you want and it won't stop so long as the company isn't following a single coherent policy.

For good measure, I repeat, the rude, ignorant behaviour is unacceptable. I doubt anyone here would say otherwise.

yes SOME customer should feel angry at something but they shouldnt make an agent who's only doing their job feel worthless.

I disagree, customers should not feel angry about anything connected to your company, (or if they do, not for very long), including the product or care they have received. That's what customer care is for. And at least some of the time, it's the customer who is left feeling worthless. Neither party should feel that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement