Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor's Disgraceful Customer service.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

wobbles wrote: »
    I did........ :rolleyes::D

Beleive me, working in a call center is so repetitive its very difficult to stay sane if you work there for more than a few months. Staff turnover is so high, and training so poor that its no wonder you can never get a proper answer.

I was there when smart phones started to appear on the network but there was never any training on these phones. Its difficult solve a problem on a phone you've never seen.

hahaha so wat would be my sanity rating if i work in a call centre over 3 years?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

I've travel a good bit too, generally to the UK once a week and I've been trying to activate the roaming yet every time I text 'Europe' to 50104 I get a message saying 'Addition of great value roaming rates was unsuccessful'. I tried going on their forum by going through many many illegible fúcking captchas and enter a password they emailed to me (which I copied and pasted) yet I end up getting locked out of the site.

They seem to be most active on Facebook yet if you post something on their page it's deleted within seconds, seems the guy moderating it works harder than anyone else in the company.

Fúck Meteor, I can't wait until my contract is up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Conti - that is EXACTLY what is happening to us!
    I've just spent 40 mins on hold and when i got through was told that they can't speak to me as it's my husbands account - fair point.
    However, he is in the UK with a "no roaming charges" phone that he can not activate and their advise was to go to a PAY PHONE - after 40 mins I don't think so, from the UK you must be joking.
    Also apparently there are no supervisors, they can not transfer to a supervisor.
    I was informed they would terminate my call if I didn't get off the line... when I INSISTED on waiting for a Supervisor.

As for waiting the duration of the contract - I don't think so... they are in breach.......... excellent service, no roaming charges... what's 40 mins on an international PAY PHONE!!!!!

I'll be cancelling BOTH of our phones!!!

A55holes
    I have never been SOOOOOOO ANGRY :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

If it's your first time roaming on the account, you need to call customer care to have it set up before you leave.

Unwilling wrote: »
    I've just spent 40 mins on hold and when i got through was told that they can't speak to me as it's my husbands account - fair point.
    However, he is in the UK with a "no roaming charges" phone that he can not activate and their advise was to go to a PAY PHONE - after 40 mins I don't think so, from the UK you must be joking.
    Also apparently there are no supervisors, they can not transfer to a supervisor.
    I was informed they would terminate my call if I didn't get off the line... when I INSISTED on waiting for a Supervisor.

As for waiting the duration of the contract - I don't think so... they are in breach.......... excellent service, no roaming charges... what's 40 mins on an international PAY PHONE!!!!!

A55holes
    now breathe........ :)
    but i work in a call centre, im pretty sure telling someone to hang up when they want to speak to a supervisor is a fireable offence. or that could just be where i work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

booboo88 wrote: »
    now breathe........ :)
    but i work in a call centre, im pretty sure telling someone to hang up when they want to speak to a supervisor is a fireable offence. or that could just be where i work

The request was probably refused as they were not speaking to the account holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭CashMoney

I've been with Meteor a couple of years now and I have to say I've never had any problems with them whatsoever. I would actually go as far as tto say I've been quite impressed with their customer service and indeed the overall service I receive. I'm surprised by some of the stuff in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Lillydee

CashMoney wrote: »
    I've been with Meteor a couple of years now and I have to say I've never had any problems with them whatsoever. I would actually go as far as tto say I've been quite impressed with their customer service and indeed the overall service I receive. I'm surprised by some of the stuff in this thread.

I'm glad you've had a pleasant experience. But they are few and far between. I'll give you my latest example. I have a rep assigned to looking into my case since I went to com reg. I missed his calls one day and he left me a message to ring him that day (and i'll admit that he was very nice). When I rang later and asked for him (being very of courteous, respectful and the rest) I was told firstly by the staff member that because meteor was so big she couldn't locate him and that it would be near impossible to get him. After being on hold for 10 mins she returned to say he was absent that day....... Even though he rang me from customer care (which showed up on my phone) and left a message to contact him at customer care later that day. She didn't have the decency to tell me the truth that she just couldn't find him. It's simple things like that that really cracked me up so i have just given up on them.

I am so pleased to be an o2 customer now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Lillydee wrote: »

I've never come across a company with such inconsistency in following through on their promises.

Any similar experiences or thoughts?

Yeah I have UPC are worse atleast with meteor its just your bill or your phone, I have 5 different issues with upc never hear anything back none of my complaints are connected

back to meteor they have gone beyond down hill in the last 5 years, I blame eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 9 madforit88

A55holes

Unwilling do you not understand that it would be a breech of data protection to speak to you although i under stand you frustration you have to understand where the customer care agent is coming from by not giving access to the non account holder the person on the other end of the phone don't no who there talking to have a bit common sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

CashMoney wrote: »

You have been lucky not to have a problem, but you can only judge their customer service properly by how they look after your problem when you do have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Customer service is unbelievable!! I had to call them up today as my payment is overdue this month because they didn't take my direct debit AGAIN this month (checked with bank all ok that end)

They tried to tell me that I called them up and said 'I would like to cancel my direct debit from my Ulster Bank account with you' and pay cash every month instead, the fact that I don't and never had an Ulster Bank account doesn't seem to matter to them, they can't tell me why they put a note on my account to that affect or how I can rectify it.

I was speechless, how can you deal that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

Meteor customer care is based in Waterford, its an outsource outfit run By a crowd called Rigney Dolphin. They are a call centre that handle business for many organisations , including COMREG and the NATIONAL CUNSUMER AGENCY.
    They really do excell themselves in alienating customers , They are without doubt the rudest and most ignorant people you will ever come across.
    If youve a complaint go to Meteors head office in Dublin and deal with them directly , thats what i had to do to get a problem sorted, The Chvs from Ballybeg are not worth talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Galadriel wrote: »
    Customer service is unbelievable!! I had to call them up today as my payment is overdue this month because they didn't take my direct debit AGAIN this month (checked with bank all ok that end)

They tried to tell me that I called them up and said 'I would like to cancel my direct debit from my Ulster Bank account with you' and pay cash every month instead, the fact that I don't and never had an Ulster Bank account doesn't seem to matter to them, they can't tell me why they put a note on my account to that affect or how I can rectify it.

I was speechless, how can you deal that?!

When I tried to change my payment method they wouldn't do it until I sent them the request in writing. Absolute dopes.

The request was probably refused as they were not speaking to the account holder.

doesnt matter a f**k if they want to speak to a supervisor they cant refuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

What's the supervisor going to be able to tell you that the agent can't though?
    If you're not the account holder, you're not the account holder. They won't speak to you. It's not Meteor being difficult, it's the law.

Kensington wrote: »
    What's the supervisor going to be able to tell you that the agent can't though?
    If you're not the account holder, you're not the account holder. They won't speak to you. It's not Meteor being difficult, it's the law.

you may not realise, but i work in a call centre, u cant refuse to put something through, do you realise how many customers are in the wrong each day?
    whether or not theyre name is on acc, they still should be transferred

• Registered Users Posts: 9 madforit88

you may not realise, but i work in a call centre, u cant refuse to put something through, do you realise how many customers are in the wrong each day?
    whether or not theyre name is on acc, they still should be transferred

well i worked with this company before and with nearly 5000 calls coming into there customer care department each day its no wonder that they refused to put you through and quite a number of those calls coming through are from non account holders you where advised correctly and if you have a problem call comreg and see what they say to you i would nearly certainly say that they will just tell you where to go now cop on. you were if the wrong nobody else

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

madforit88 wrote: »
    well i worked with this company before and with nearly 5000 calls coming into there customer care department each day its no wonder that they refused to put you through and quite a number of those calls coming through are from non account holders you where advised correctly and if you have a problem call comreg and see what they say to you i would nearly certainly say that they will just tell you where to go now cop on. you were if the wrong nobody else

The reason there getting 5000 calls is because there support is utter shoite, if they fixed peoples problems even simple ones in one or 2 phone calls they wouldn't have the large volume of repeat problems calling up.
    They really haven't a clue what there up to, they need some experienced staff, there's no such things as a supervisor or manager, when the idiot who answers the phone refuses to pass you through they won't give their name and hang up, there support really is dreadful.

The reason there getting 5000 calls is because there support is utter shoite, if they fixed peoples problems even simple ones in one or 2 phone calls they wouldn't have the large volume of repeat problems calling up.
    They really haven't a clue what there up to, they need some experienced staff, there's no such things as a supervisor or manager, when the idiot who answers the phone refuses to pass you through they won't give their name and hang up, there support really is dreadful.

That's exactly it, when I was talking to them yesterday they said they 'cannot transfer me to a supervisor or a manager', they refused to escalate my issue, I was told there is nothing I can do about said issue and basically to bog off. I also asked for the agents name but was told 'I am not obliged to give you that', she then hung up.

And why shouldn't they be rude? no one to answer to, they can say whatever they like, they don't have to give their name and then they can just hang up on you. Great service Meteor!

• Advertisement

Yep, they can, I rang twice...once to customer service and then to credit control, I was told I could not speak to any supervisor or manager as they do not take calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

A55holes
    The best way to contact meteor now is by email as there is a record of your contact which you can forward to Comreg. Also when you have a problem and email them you should ask for a complaint reference number and ask again if you dont get it first time as they are obliged to give you this when you have a complaint!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Somebody posted here yesterday, it been deleted now, but very valid.

Meteor's customer service is handled by Rigney Dolphin whom they are terminating there contract with in December, therefore the agents you call/email probably couldn't give a rats.

I worked there before and not only are they handling difficult calls from customers, but the supervisors are useless too and pass the buck to a senior agent who is already overworked, management don't care either so it comes from the top down!

They set there agents on ridiculous bonus objectives that they cannot possibly meet, so I'm not surprised there poor and don't sort customer issues out, if they actually looked after their agents I'm sure they would be a lot more helpful!

Galadriel wrote: »
    Yep, they can, I rang twice...once to customer service and then to credit control, I was told I could not speak to any supervisor or manager as they do not take calls.

you have been fobbed off m'dear;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 freakwencydb

Thats great news that Meteor are teminating their contract with Rigney Dolphin in Waterford,I would never wish anyone to loose their job but theres a few very nasty individuals in that place who deserve their fate.
    Hopefully Meteor will move to a different part of the country and attract a better calibre of person to work for them .
    That part of the SE where they are located does not seem to produce people with even a modicum of common sense and manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

From what I hear they're setting up in Butlers Town.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

Thats great news that Meteor are teminating their contract with Rigney Dolphin in Waterford,I would never wish anyone to loose their job but theres a few very nasty individuals in that place who deserve their fate.
    Hopefully Meteor will move to a different part of the country and attract a better calibre of person to work for them .
    That part of the SE where they are located does not seem to produce people with even a modicum of common sense and manners.

Actually thier billpay and business CC centre is up in Parkwest as far as I know. The prepay centre is in Waterford. the Billpay crowd would have gotten better training as obviously they will be dealing with understanding bills, bill cycles and what not
    Prepay on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

This all explains why I've had such an awful experience with Meteor. :mad:

Two weeks ago I took an online offer to switch from 02 pay as you go to Meteor bill pay in order to get a Smartphone. I’m a mobile beautician so my work is totally phone based plus this is the busiest time of year for me. When I signed up everything seemed fine for two days. I was very happy with my new phone. Then I began to have customers stop me in the street saying my number was not in service. This was shocking to me as it’s never happened before. Apparently my old number did not port over properly from 02 and only a fraction of my customers were able to call me. I reported it to meteor next day on day 3 and was told they had 24-48 hrs to fix the issue. I explained to them the urgency of the matter as I had already lost hundreds of euros in lost appointments. They did not appear to care and kept saying the issue was with the tech team.

Long story short I phoned them three times a day EVERYDAY for the following four days. I cried myself to sleep each night as I could not believe this was happening to me. They were totally unsympathetic and in many cases extremely rude. On the 7th day without a working phone they said their system had crashed and they could do nothing. Once comreg intervened on my behalf, I got my first call from a meteor Supervisor who kept blaming O2 for the problem. O2 told me I had been realised from them within hours of meteor porting my number the day I got the phone so that was lies. He actually couldn’t tell me when my number would be functional again so I sent everything back by registered post that day. Then I walked into a 3 Ireland shop and they got me a working phone within 12 hours. Meteor assured me I would be released from the 18 month contract and refunded the cost of the phone. 140 yos. I didn’t even get an apology for the financial loss which I suffered as a direct result of this shambles and their appalling customer service.

It's now 2 weeks on and guess what? Still no refund. I've sent numerous emails which is a total waste of time by the way. I've gone to comreg again so I've to wait another 2 days then get back to comreg if I don’t get my refund. Meteor are a bunch of criminals if you ask me. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 freakwencydb

Not much point in going to comreg as its the same call centre as meteor in Waterford.
    Staffed by a selection of Ballybegs finest .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daviseric

daviseric wrote: »
    The staff are terrible! I wanted to switch over and take 4 other numbers over from my business, went into there Dundalk store and one of there male staff members was very uninterested in my business or his job. When I asked which plan would be best suited for me and my business all I got from him was "errrrr...I dunno" With the way things are I would think meteor would want all the business they could get !
    Now after reading this thread i'm glad the "sales" person was completely inept in his job!

anyone else deal with staff in this store ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement