Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor's Disgraceful Customer service.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I have to say I have been with Meteor Bill Pay for over a year now and for the first 8 months or so the bills were terribly dodgy, an extra 6 or 7 euro taken off here and there and an extra 1 or 2 euro reapplied the following month for no god damn reason but always in their favour.

Then something changed, over the last 4 months they started texting a week in advance when you get your bill and exactly how much it is, which is nice. What's even better is for some reason it's the exact amount it should be (€30.49) for those periods. I feel like something recently has changed in Meteor regarding bill pay customers but maybe that's just me

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blackbelt2012

By the way, we deal with eMobile and Meteor, billpay, pre pay, billpay broadband and pay as u go broadband. We are trained on all of these and the systems and the protocalls of everything in just 10 days, as if that's enough.
    We also have to fit all these different things into the phonecall (asking customer for e mail address, proper greeting and ending, using customer's name and building rapport) it's hard to ****ing think straight when the computer system is being slow and freezing and messing up and there's a customer waiting on the phone and we're not allowed have any silences so while doing all this we also have to make conversation and sound confident and reassuring
    We are supposed to keep each call under 5 mins
    And we get paid less than someone who works in Aldi
    They also record our calls and sometimes bring us in to listen to them whilst they critique them
    And sumtimes we just cant figure out wat the **** is wrong!

Not the customer's fault of course but just letting ye know why the service is sometimes so crap :)

And most of the time, if a customer wants to speak to a supervisor, we go try to get someone and THEY WONT TAKE THE CALL! so we have to pretend they're not available

• Registered Users Posts: 28 R0bb01987

I use to work in a call centre so im aware that people on the phones have an SLA to meet and sheet of questions and offers that they have to try push on the call. I know alot of the team leaders would rather listen to peoples calls and mark them on "quality" rather then actually take a difficult call.

I do not however expect to have to wait two months to get a response to a complaint considering their internal procedures were followed as instructed in their terms and conditions. Then get people on the phone with an attitude and a why are you wasting my time mentality.

After two months and many calls with meteor and comreg I finally got a response. Got the free texts to any network added back to my plan got my bill paid for in full for 3 months and got a apology from meteor.

Im currently not in contract which is great. so as soon as something comes up again and trust me it will it seems, I'll move. So far meteor have rang me 6 times in two weeks looking to offer me the new galaxy to sign a contract, or slash my bill in half a month (if they can do that then why do they charge people double to start) business I guess.

ya i don't understand why agents are rude to customer's on the phone. sometimes i dont really know how to sort sumthin out has but the least you can do is be nice and try to be some bit understanding.

absolutely ****ing everything they do is about making more money and there's so many hidden little catches to everything i know most companies are the same bt it makes me feel a bit sick about working for them

stupid recession

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Good riddance Meteor. How you fell from the graces of Irish people quickly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hahaha, thanks for speaking for us all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Bizzman

Meteor, as a company, are an absolute disgrace. Reluctantly, I have been with them for the past 6 years. the only reason is that I can't get any other phone reception in my house. Where do I start?
    • About two years ago I upgraded my phone from PAYG to bill pay. Meteor decided to delete my online phone book with approximately 250 phone numbers in the process.
    • I bought a Samsung S2 in January 2012 in Wilton, Cork. I've had to return it three times this year with faults. The won't replace it even though it's still within manufacturers warranty
    • I requested the unlock code for my Samsung S1 after I bought the S2 in January. It took Meteor 4 and a half months to provide it to me. I sold my S1 for €160 in June, €80 less than what I was offered in January.
    • I sent my Samsung S2 away to be fixed in May and Meteor rang me after 7 days saying they wanted €20 to unlock the Swipe on the phone.
    • I bought a car charger for my phone in the Meteor store in Cork in June. It lasted 3 months.
    • Their online account only stores your bills for the previous couple of months. God help you if you need previous bills. You have to write to them in person if you need these. I did this 4 weeks ago. Surprise surprise I've heard nothing yet.
    • I bought a Meteor laptop broadband dongle last year. Do you think it works?
    • I enquired a few weeks ago about getting the Samsung S3. They quoted me €200 for an upgrade. I rang last week and that had increased to €250.

I could go on and on. They're a shocking company. I hope one of their representatives reads this. If you're looking for a mobile phone provider then a word of advice....do not choose Meteor. They're a bunch of money grabbing b******s! Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GraySo

Couldnt agree more with the sentiments here!
    Do not choose meteor. This is my latest experience:

My Meteor Bill Pay contract was due to be finished on February 1st. I initially emailed the customer care team in November through the website to say that I would not be renewing my contract and that I did want to cancel my contract. They then told me I would have to ring the Customer Care team which I did. On the day that I rang, the phone lines were down to the cancellation team so they asked to ring back a month before the contract was due to finish i.e. January 1st. At this time I was in Orlando for 2 weeks during which time I had no Meteor coverage whatsoever and had to wait until I returned to Ireland to ring Meteor which I did on January 8th. They told me that my month's notice was in and my contract would be cancelled. I continued to be charged for February at over €35 even though I had cancelled my contract. I rang and was speaking to Derek (a lovely and helpful member of the team, qualities which seems to be rare) on March the 5th who told me I had to email the cancellations department directly for my contract to be cancelled properly. This was the first time I was told to do this. I did this on this day and yet today a further €35 was taken out of my account!!!! This is after ringing 4 times and emailing twice! None of this is refundable! To add insult to injury, I was told today that I will have to ring back AGAIN in order to receive a refund to the amount I had paid in advance as insurance. I have not used this phone number since December and I am still being charged in March despite all of the above.
    I have been with Meteor for over 6 years-never again.

It is a disgrace that in the times we are in that mistakes like this are allowed to be made, that I am still being forced to pay, and all due to the lack of efficiency and competency of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ihatemeteor

I joined Meteor last August.........big mistake. Firstly I didn't have roaming even though I advised the girl in the sop that i was oing abroad two days later. Meteor blamed the shop, eventually agreed to set up my roaming after 5 calls on a borrowed mobile from France. Shop advised that they would inform Meteor I was unhappy. After 7 or 8 months of unsatisfactory service and a number of complaints, I complained again, Lady from Meteor came on to me eventually, told me that as far as they were concerned, Meteor were providing me a service and I was tied into their contract for two years, offered me €50 as a compensation for their possible errors but also told me she had no record of my previous complaints. Absolute disaster as far as i'm concerned and when my contract is up,neither I nor my extended family will ever deal with them again.
    Worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life . 227--33
    Can't wait for my contract period to end,
    N

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not sure that this thread is going anywhere, other than being a spot for Meteor bashing.

Closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement