Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Results 5/6 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

I blame the fans, if they had of chose one of the no chance heels we might all still be happy. :D

Anyway not mentioned in the spoiler is that it took all of two days for wwe to bring back a racial tinged storyline even if it was just a dark match

Shawn Daivari returned to WWE and performed a dark match against Ted DiBiase at the SmackDown! taping in Orlando, FL this week. He was wearing his turban and cut a promo where he said he wore the turban to prove he is the best in the world no matter where he goes. DiBiase was a babyface and defeated Daivari

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Time for TNA till Christian gets the belt back methinks.

Officially on a boycott from WWE starting now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Between Davari returning and the Khali segment, I'm wondering if they are about to create a new Indian heel stable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

jmolloy wrote: »
    I blame the fans, if they had of chose one of the no chance heels we might all still be happy. :D

Anyway not mentioned in the spoiler is that it took all of two days for wwe to bring back a racial tinged storyline even if it was just a dark match

Shawn Daivari returned to WWE and performed a dark match against Ted DiBiase at the SmackDown! taping in Orlando, FL this week. He was wearing his turban and cut a promo where he said he wore the turban to prove he is the best in the world no matter where he goes. DiBiase was a babyface and defeated Daivari

I've a feeling they are brining in Daivari as part of the Khali, Singh, Jinder Mahal storyline. You know its gonna be ruined by moronic USA chants though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Garseys wrote: »
    I've a feeling they are brining in Daivari as part of the Khali, Singh, Jinder Mahal storyline. You know its gonna be ruined by moronic USA chants though...

Hawksaw is eagerly waiting beside his phone with a smile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

wow that really pisses me off, I have wanted him to win the title since he returned from tna , and to make him give it up after two days, WTF. Vince your a c**t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What a fùcking idiotic piece of booking,feel sorry for Christian unlike so many in wwe he earned that title reign.But vince wouldn't have him in the limelight even for a week.Sickened to see that Bell end Davari back Useless wrestler who exploits world events to get heat,lets hope wwe took out the plane crashing sound at the start of the parasites stereotypical music.

GTR63 wrote: »
    What a fùcking idiotic piece of booking,feel sorry for Christian unlike so many in wwe he earned that title reign.But vince wouldn't have him in the limelight even for a week.Sickened to see that Bell end Davari back Useless wrestler who exploits world events to get heat,lets hope wwe took out the plane crashing sound at the start of the parasites stereotypical music.

Are you refering to the Hassan angle? That was one of the best written Angles WWE did. The reason that angle was dropped was the 7/7 bombings and mounting pressure from UPN to end it. They didn't exploit any world events. They used the fact that American-Muslims were now being stereotyped as terrorists and protesting it. (and it's that reason why it drew so much heat)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

This is really some stupid moronic sh**. I was gonna avoid SD spoilers this wee kand actually watch the show, but I accidently came across something about Orton winning the title so i had t ocheck.

Bloody hell, what a kick in the a$$ for Christian. I knew Orton would have won eventually, but they could have at least waited til Over the Limit at least. So Christian gets 5 day reign (well 2 really). Did Vince/HHH not hear the fans reaction to Christian winning at Extreme rules?? it was the biggest cheer in a long long time.

Bye bye Smackdown for me!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks Silverfox for having the subject like this. It doesn't hint at any spoilers, it's a completely generic title. Thanks! I wish everyone would follow your lead (outside boards lol)
    Barrington wrote: »
    **** this ****

I couldn't agree more. **** you, you slow-walking, bag-****ing, stroppy ****face. End of my interest in watching SmackDown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Any video or picture links yet,I am curious to see if they even bothered to put Christians name on the title, at least they can't take away one thing from him he is now a grandslam winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Not really surpised tbh, Christian won the title simple because Edge retired, Vince has never rated him as a champion and it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any video or picture links yet,I am curious to see if they even bothered to put Christians name on the title, at least they can't take away one thing from him he is now a grandslam winner.

He had his name on title on Raw this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Garseys wrote: »
    Are you refering to the Hassan angle? That was one of the best written Angles WWE did. The reason that angle was dropped was the 7/7 bombings and mounting pressure from UPN to end it. They didn't exploit any world events. They used the fact that American-Muslims were now being stereotyped as terrorists and protesting it. (and it's that reason why it drew so much heat)

Nope Gar I was reffering to his character in Tna which was a exploitive character. When he was in wwe he wore a suit in that when he was in tna he wore a tea towel on his head & was drawing cheap heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I feckin knew what this was by just looking at the size of the thread.

WWE just love sticking it to their long term fans for some reason,this makes absolutely zero sense,why not just build Orton/Christian up and have him lose at the next PPV,at least give Christian that respect and courtesy,FFS how long was Kane's awful World Title reign?and Christian,who's reign was going to be fresh and interesting and one that I was really looking forward to,gets less then a fúcking week??Bollox to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Its interesting, to say the least. I'm sure they'll expect quite a few people to be unhappy about this, perhaps it is all part of a future storyline where Christian will do everything possible to regain the title and hang on to it (turn heel and be your typical cheat-to-win champ) He gets a rematch, so that'll be the match at the next PPV no doubt.

I just recall Rock saying "I'm so happy for you, congratulations" at Raw, and Christian having a huge smile on his face... Don't really know where they're gonna go with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

This is moronic booking on so many levels.

First off they take the belt off Christian the first chance they get.. that sucks big time for him and is a kick in the teeth to many of their longtime fans.

Second, Orton is the biggest star on SD and they put the title on him straight away? Whatever happened to having the babyface overcome a load of setbacks before eventually grabbing the gold?

The only way this works is if they turn Christian heel. Play on the fact that he waited so long to claim the big one and have him turn heel due to frustration at having it snatched away so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How come Kane or Sheamus didnt demand a title shot :confused:

GTR63 wrote: »
    Nope Gar I was reffering to his character in Tna which was a exploitive character. When he was in wwe he wore a suit in that when he was in tna he wore a tea towel on his head & was drawing cheap heat.

Vince Russo is booker in TNA....That explains it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Spoiled myself due to curiosity at the thread size.

Could be a great match for all I know right now but Edge > Ziggler for a few hours > Edge > Vacation > Christian for a few days > Orton isn't a good thing for the title.

It's a shame. Can't help but smile at the choice between Orton, Khali and Henry though.

126a.jpg?width=320

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I mean it is ****ty that he lost within days but I can see both sides of the coin. Let's be honest here lads. He isn't massively over is he? He probably gets a smaller pop than Morrison. He hasn't been made into a star and his title win just stinks of "Only got the title cuz Edge is gone".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I mean it is ****ty that he lost within days but I can see both sides of the coin. Let's be honest here lads. He isn't massively over is he? He probably gets a smaller pop than Morrison. He hasn't been made into a star and his title win just stinks of "Only got the title cuz Edge is gone".

So what's gained by putting the title on him and taking it straight off him, other than upsetting the people that may have emotionally invested in him winning it or the people who bought Extreme Rules because they thought he was going to win it. It's a stupid decision no matter how you look at it - they should've waited for Over The Limit at least to put the belt on Orton.

So what's gained by putting the title on him and taking it straight off him, other than upsetting the people that may have emotionally invested in him winning it or the people who bought Extreme Rules because they thought he was going to win it. It's a stupid decision no matter how you look at it - they should've waited for Over The Limit at least to put the belt on Orton.

I don't think there were as much people buying the Chamber for them to believe he made a difference. If Vince doesn't believe in him to draw then he isn't going to delay long taking the strap off him. When on RAW the only mention he got was a 5 second cameo in the party lounge that was an ominous sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not watch the PPV on Sunday? He got a fantastic pop and it was a real feel good moment. Also seriously he is more over than Morrison, thats a horrible thing to say...:pac:

Orton for all his defenders has never proved that he can draw as champ nor has he ever popped a buyrate. The company wasn't going to die because Christian was champ and it certainly won't create a new boom they have gone back to the status quo.

Seriously why not have Orton chase the title for a while? Have him win the title at a PPV and try to draw some money out of the chase?

This is an idiotic decision really.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Not watch the PPV on Sunday? He got a fantastic pop and it was a real feel good moment. Also seriously he is more over than Morrison, thats a horrible thing to say...:pac:

Orton for all his defenders has never proved that he can draw as champ nor has he ever popped a buyrate. The company wasn't going to die because Christian was champ and it certainly won't create a new boom they have gone back to the status quo.

Seriously why not have Orton chase the title for a while? Have him win the title at a PPV and try to draw some money out of the chase?

This is an idiotic decision really.
    It is a stupid decision but at the same time he was given the Rey Mysterio run. And he isn't more over than Morrison (which is like saying a dead dog is better than a dead cat) :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I would have thought we were getting another

As people have said at least give him a chance to see if he can draw or whatever instead of making him drop the belt 2 days later. I no wwe will turn Christian into the annoying heel where he winges and moans and gets jobbed to everyone. Pretty much the new Jericho

I don't think there were as much people buying the Chamber for them to believe he made a difference. If Vince doesn't believe in him to draw then he isn't going to delay long taking the strap off him. When on RAW the only mention he got was a 5 second cameo in the party lounge that was an ominous sign.

It's still terrible business and while not too many people may be upset (though those that are are being quite vocal about it) it has a terrible long term detrimental effect when done consistently and it's a contributory factor to the falling buyrates. I just don't see any real logical reasoning behind the decision.

The aul PPV's where struggling for a long time. This won't make that much of a difference IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It's still terrible business and while not too many people may be upset (though those that are are being quite vocal about it) it has a terrible long term detrimental effect when done consistently and it's a contributory factor to the falling buyrates. I just don't see any real logical reasoning behind the decision.

Agreed. I'd have given Christian a few weeks at least until the PPV to see what reactions are like to gauge his success as champ. The company was hardly going to go under was it?

Who knows maybe it may have been successful, the crowd were seriously into him at Extreme Rules, so why not give him a chance?

Cena's popularity was hardly affected when he didn't have the belt, so you still can feature Orton prominently with some feuds with the likes of Cody or Wade.

Seriously take some ****ing chances WWE!, God forbid we create another main eventer!

• Advertisement

The aul PPV's where struggling for a long time. This won't make that much of a difference IMO.

But that's the TNA attitude of 'nobody buys our PPV's anyway' which just helps worsen the problem and drastically hurts the chance of fixing it. WWE have been devaluing the meaning of their PPV's for years and this is just one incident which just adds to the problem and they have to come up with other excuses for falling buyrates rather than facing up to the problem.

Advertisement