Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Results 5/6 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 04-05-2011 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

*World champion Christian comes out and talks about winning the title at Extreme Rules. Mark Henry and Great Khali come out and demand title shots. Randy Orton then comes out and says he wants a shot too. Teddy Long comes out and says that he will let the fans decide and the fans pick Orton. Long announces Christian vs. Orton for the title tonight.

*Backstage, Khali and Ranjin Singh run into Jinder Mahal, who says that it was interesting Singh let Khali dress up in a tutu on Raw.

*Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan in a good match.

*Backstage, the Divas approach Layla and thank her for getting rid of Michelle McCool but tell her that they haven't forgotten how she treated them. Layla says Lay-Cool is officially over and everyone is going to see a new side of her.

*Cody Rhodes comes out and discusses his match at the Extreme Rules PPV. He has bags handed out to make the crowd wear them on his head.

*Ezekiel Jackson defeated The Big Show.

*Layla defeated Alicia Fox. Kharma comes out. Layla backs away. Fox kicks her. She tries to kick Kharma again but instead eats a clothesline. Kharma nailed her with the Implant Buster. The crowd chants for another. She teases it but leaves.

*The Corre attacked Ezekiel Jackson and laid him out backstage, saying that he couldn't just leave them.

*Sin Cara defeated Tyson Kidd. Chavo Guerrero was on commentary. Chavo shakes Cara's hand after the match.

*Backstage, Todd Grisham interviews Teddy Long and asked him if he thought it was unfair Christian has to defend the World title so soon. Long said it's not about being fair, it's about giving the fans what they want. Long said that Raw had a WWE title bout the day after Extreme Rules and he's going to make Smackdown just as exciting and unpredictable.

*Randy Orton pinned Christian to win the World title. Orton celebrated and left. Christian sat in the ring dejected as the fans chanted for him. After he went to the back, Orton returned to remind everyone that when they go home, remember he is the new World champion.

Alot of people aren't going to like this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I dunno do I feel more sorry for Christian or Liz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

well i said here a few weeks ago that christian looked like he would be heading back to the mid card, thought i was wrong (and was delighted) when he won the title, but looks like after this, it proves vince doesnt have the faith in him to carry the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Sweet devine jesus! Can they screw things up anymore??

First Cena, now Christian loosing the belt after 2 days? *facepalm*

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i bet christian regrets hugging and thanking vince when he went backstage after winning the belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That is an absolute joke!! FFS I'll say it again: when was the last time orton put someone over? The politicking, egotistical c*nt!

Seriously i dont remember the last time he lost clean 1 on 1!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, that kills whatever interest I had with Smackdown.

I had predicted that ADR would win then immediatly drop the title to Orton but when Christian won, I hoped they'd at least wait till Over the Limit. I knew they'd want Orton to be the top guy, but Jesus....

EDIT: Just realised this is now TWO first World title runs ruined on Smackdown within quick succession; Ziggler being the other. Both men "win" the title for the first time, only to immediatly lose it. :(
    Imagine poor Christian coming to work last night. All thrilled at being champion, delighted to be the guy. Then he walks up to Vince and his small bubble is immediatly burst.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What. WHAT??? Way to screw over Christian, just when I was so happy at his winning the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Something seems really wrong about this.

I can get my head around Orton winning the title, but I don't see the point in it with zero build - could have been PPV.

Absolutely gutted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

seriously orton is champ already?!!??!

facepalm.jpg

i love the way he really gave the fans a choice there khali, henry or orton - ooohh tough one i wonder who they'll go for.

sorry liz - feel for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

**** this ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There are many reasons that I rarely even look at WWE tv anymore. This sums it up perfectly. Absolute disgrace. It's pretty insulting to the older, long-term audience who were all delighted to see Christian get a title run.

From what I heard of the match, it was brilliant, so it can't be an injury-related decision.

A match like Orton vs Del Rio would have been an excellent main event at SS so why not let Christian keepit for a month or two. Not two fcuking days. Makes zero sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

There isn't a word strong enough to show my frustration with this news. I don't blame Orton because, let's be honest, if Vince says your winning the title would you say no? I didn't expect a long title reign but **** me this is just insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

WHAT.THE. HELL?!

Alot of people aren't going to like this!
    I cant see how anyone would like it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

There isn't a word strong enough to show my frustration with this news. I don't blame Orton because, let's be honest, if Vince says your winning the title would you say no? I didn't expect a long title reign but **** me this is just insulting.

Something is telling me that this is a thank you for going to the blue brand...

And I guarantee that Orton will be on RAW this Monday aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

CMpunked wrote: »
    WHAT.THE. HELL?!

I cant see how anyone would like it tbh.

Meh, Christian has always been over hyped and really about the same level as Matt Hardy, constant mid carder and nothing more. Admittedly the titles being back on the same old faces is annoying, would have preferred to see the title on Del Rio for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Meh, Christian has always been over hyped and really about the same level as Matt Hardy, constant mid carder and nothing more. Admittedly the titles being back on the same old faces is annoying, would have preferred to see the title on Del Rio for a while.

I'm guessing this opinion coming from someone who is considerably younger and caught the end of the attitude era?
    Correct me if I'm wrong? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Terrible booking.

The only good thing is that it seems Orton will be going heel again at least.

Maybe they can build Christian up and have him win it again at one of the bigger PPVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WTF is this a joke :mad:

• Advertisement

HBK wrote: »
    I'm guessing this opinion coming from someone who is considerably younger and caught the end of the attitude era?

Nope, late 20's and caught the Attitude era in full, might wanna lay off on the :rolleyes:. Just never got caught up in all the fuss about him, and don't see anything exceptional about his promo's or in ring skills. Hated TNA putting their title on him but put it down to the fact that they were going through a phase of giving it to the latest WWE acquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

This. really. sucks...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

HBK wrote: »
    Nope, late 20's and caught the Attitude era in full, might wanna lay off on the :rolleyes:. Just never got caught up in all the fuss about him, and don't see anything exceptional about his promo's or in ring skills. Hated TNA putting their title on him but put it down to the fact that they were going through a phase of giving it to the latest WWE acquisition.

If you only caught the end of the Attitude era and onwards, then you would have seen Christian when he was at his best in a singles role anyway and would be best placed to judge him.

Odd comment to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ok take the fact that its christian out of the equation;
    Its a bit a slap in the face to a guy who has so many years under his belt, is a constant performer (has he ever had an injury), finally gets a big win and doesnt even get to hold the belt for a week, losing it in an unadvertised match on free tv?
    And as fans who thought "Oh this is something different, this could be interesting" have now to suffer the title being on someone so boring and so repetitive, its a kick in the balls. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

this is the kind of time i ask myself why i still watch wwe

fcuk u vince

He is one of the most underrated wrestlers in WWE, always good in ring and over with the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I knew he'd be dropping the belt to Orton but this soon is just stupid on every level. Why couldn't they have waited until Over the Limit at least?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Ok take the fact that its christian out of the equation;
    Its a bit a slap in the face to a guy who has so many years under his belt, is a constant performer (has he ever had an injury), finally gets a big win and doesnt even get to hold the belt for a week, losing it in an unadvertised match on free tv?
    And as fans who thought "Oh this is something different, this could be interesting" has now have to suffer the title being on someone so boring and so repetitive, its a kick in the balls. :mad:

Aint he only back from a long injury?;)

And I agree with your points, it does suck that they are reverting back to normal when it looked like something different might be happening. My posts are in response to you saying who wouldn't be upset at the news and are purely from my point of view...I just don't get the adoration that is lavished upon him, which seems to come from the fact that he had never won a WWE title. Like I mentioned earlier Matt Hardy got the same kind of praise before people realised he was an ass, and a lot of people felt the same about Mysterio before he won the title.

I also find it hard to accept him as a main eventer, part of it I think is down to the characters he has played, with the goofy and whingey gimmicks really hurting his credibility, but nothing about him makes me want to tune in to see what happens with him, or buy a PPV which he headlines. Off hand the only promo I can remember by him is his rap against Cena, and I think that is in my mind because I came across the DVD of the PPV the other day. Even thinking back to the TLC and Ladder matches that he should be remembered for nothing about Christian sticks out for me, nor does any singles match he has had (I have not seen the ladder match with Del Rio). I understand he has his fans but he is just another meh wrestler to me, if he retired tomorrow I wouldn't miss him.

Fans should probably be happy and find the good in the fact that he was champion...(even if it does come across as a favour to Edge because he was forced to retire more than an actual long term decision), because some more talented have been denied that opportunity.

Christian fans form an orderly mob here.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Aint he only back from a long injury?;)

And I agree with your points, it does suck that they are reverting back to normal when it looked like something different might be happening. My posts are in response to you saying who wouldn't be upset at the news and are purely from my point of view...I just don't get the adoration that is lavished upon him, which seems to come from the fact that he had never won a WWE title. Like I mentioned earlier Matt Hardy got the same kind of praise before people realised he was an ass, and a lot of people felt the same about Mysterio before he won the title.

I also find it hard to accept him as a main eventer, part of it I think is down to the characters he has played, with the goofy and whingey gimmicks really hurting his credibility, but nothing about him makes me want to tune in to see what happens with him, or buy a PPV which he headlines. Off hand the only promo I can remember by him is his rap against Cena, and I think that is in my mind because I came across the DVD of the PPV the other day. Even thinking back to the TLC and Ladder matches that he should be remembered for nothing about Christian sticks out for me, nor does any singles match he has had (I have not seen the ladder match with Del Rio). I understand he has his fans but he is just another meh wrestler to me, if he retired tomorrow I wouldn't miss him.

Fans should probably be happy and find the good in the fact that he was champion...(even if it does come across as a favour to Edge because he was forced to retire more than an actual long term decision), because some more talented have been denied that opportunity.

Christian fans form an orderly mob here.:D

Have you actually watched many Christian matches?

He is an awesome worker with charisma and as a champ was a break from the status quo.

I understand that Orton is the franchise guy but seriously the company wasn't going to fall apart if he had kept the belt until Over The Limit.

Also apart from pops, their has been little evidence ever of Orton spiking a buyrate or even popping a ratings, when on Raw when he became champion, ratings always fell. I'm not saying that Christian was going into bring in another Business boom, but their is **** all to be gained from having Orton champ so soon.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Have you actually watched many Christian matches?

He is an awesome worker with charisma and as a champ was a break from the status quo.

I understand that Orton is the franchise guy but seriously the company wasn't going to fall apart if he had kept the belt until Over The Limit.

Also apart from pops, their has been little evidence ever of Orton spiking a buyrate or even popping a ratings, when on Raw when he became champion, ratings always fell. I'm not saying that Christian was going into bring in another Business boom, but their is **** all to be gained from having Orton champ so soon.

Ok so I'm biased here but Christian seem to be getting bigger pops than Orton on SD last week

Advertisement