Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Results 5/6 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Xinkai wrote: »
    Time for TNA till Christian gets the belt back methinks.

Officially on a boycott from WWE starting now.

honestly watching tna won't make you feel any better

it's interesting that the wwe now has 2 babyface champs they usually like to have a heel champ and a face champ. can't see cena dropping soon and outside of orton, christian and sheamus there is no one on the smackdown side and there is no ready made feud there for orton.
    long title reigns ahoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

There is no way in hell that John Morrison is more over then Christian,the guy can't even talk,wrestles and moves like a diva,and think's having (shíte!) facial hair makes him a main eventer!

The crowds reaction to Christian winning the title on Sunday was genuine happiness for someone who obviously cares about wrestling,much like when Eddie won the title all those years ago,the crowd were invested emotionally in Christian,so naturaly WWE goes on shíts all over them for caring.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ari gold24

Absolute disgrace,kills whatever chance I had of starting to watch on a friday night now.joke.:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So I was Thinking "I can't wait for Smackdown, Sheamus v Bryan my two favourite smackdown wrestlers locking Up".

Chavo involved with Sin Cara? Interesting, Chavo is under utilised this could be good.

What! A new WHC? All Freaking ready!

Now I'm thinking, VINCE YOU PRICK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This will only work out good for us (as fans) if one of two things happen:
    1. Orton turns heel and takes a somewhat HHH heelish approach to acting like he is the sh!t. Christian vows revenge and wins the title back somewhere down the line.

2. This kick starts a christian heel turn.
    Lets say next week edge is trying to console christian after losing to orton and he ends up pissing christian off, christian lays him out with the killswitch and starts the hellbent heel who when he does win the title off orton at OTL, has a much stronger character than he does now (as some people are suggesting that his character is a little weak at the moment.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

The reason Christian lost the title so soon:

IWC.jpg?t=1304533991

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭kksaints

I mean it is ****ty that he lost within days but I can see both sides of the coin. Let's be honest here lads. He isn't massively over is he? He probably gets a smaller pop than Morrison. He hasn't been made into a star and his title win just stinks of "Only got the title cuz Edge is gone".

I usually read the forum but have never posted but I have to reply to this. They gave to belts to JBL and The Great Khail and they weren't very over. They held on to the belt for longer than two or five days.

kksaints wrote: »
    I usually read the forum but have never posted but I have to reply to this. They gave to belts to JBL and The Great Khail and they weren't very over. They held on to the belt for longer than two or five days.

Welcome, yeah they did but they were heels so it increased their negative reaction, also the longer it went on with JBL the more entertaining it became

I think deep down a lot of us probably expected this I'd optimistically given Christian 2 months as champ but I said somewhere last week that I just wanted Christian to win and I didn't care what happened after. He'll always have that moment and it still will be a moment for all fans of Christian in years to come. Yeah it's **** that it's happened but guys just remember how good it felt Sunday, as a long time peep I never believed I'd see it and I'm still grateful for that one shining moment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

jmolloy wrote: »
    Welcome, yeah they did but they were heels so it increased their negative reaction, also the longer it went on with JBL the more entertaining it became

I think deep down a lot of us probably expected this I'd optimistically given Christian 2 months as champ but I said somewhere last week that I just wanted Christian to win and I didn't care what happened after. He'll always have that moment and it still will be a moment for all fans of Christian in years to come. Yeah it's **** that it's happened but guys just remember how good it felt Sunday, as a long time peep I never believed I'd see it and I'm still grateful for that one shining moment

I don't think I agree, unless something good does come out of it like was suggested above (which I really hope is the case), taking if off him so quickly just robs the win of any enjoyment for me, the fact that they couldn't give him one week as champion just reeks of ****, and thats what I'll always remember. One month and I think it would have sucked, but not even 1 week ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Wow.....just wow:eek::(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

kksaints wrote: »
    Welcome! JBL got massively over as a heel though. WWE weren't ever going to give him that kind of a push. And with Khali he is a freak so they were always going to give him the title. WWE doesn't work based on logic.

Khali brought in a huge Indian audience as well to be fair to him

What with the impact spoilers and the christian thing this shirt sums up what i think (check the back as well as front )

http://mosradio.spreadshirt.co.uk/come-on-wrestling-shirt-A12419093/customize/color/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Seems they ruined what had been a great Smackdown with that booking. Not sure what benefit there is to Orton winning the title on an unadvertised TV match so soon. Christian could have at least got a few weeks out of it.

Though by some accounts I've read, the crowd were pretty hot for Orton.

Daniel Bryan/Sheamus is meant to be a very good match.

On reflection - Its not the Christian thing so much, but the lack of build up and that the change happened on a taped show. Vince should only have world title changes on Live TV imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LOL Christian. He's always been a midcarder to Vince. It does beg the question why bother in the first place though tbh.

flahavaj wrote: »
    LOL Christian. He's always been a midcarder to Vince. It does beg the question why bother in the first place though tbh.

I didn't have the nerve to Post LOL Christian but it really is LOL when you think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow this has to the most posts ever in a SD thread and the show hasnt aired yet

In regard to Orton being over I always thought he worked better as a heel, boring as hell as a face imo

Looks like my dream feud for WHC title between Christian and Jericho also wont be happening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

CMpunked wrote: »
    This will only work out good for us (as fans) if one of two things happen:
    1. Orton turns heel and takes a somewhat HHH heelish approach to acting like he is the sh!t. Christian vows revenge and wins the title back somewhere down the line.

2. This kick starts a christian heel turn.
    Lets say next week edge is trying to console christian after losing to orton and he ends up pissing christian off, christian lays him out with the killswitch and starts the hellbent heel who when he does win the title off orton at OTL, has a much stronger character than he does now (as some people are suggesting that his character is a little weak at the moment.)

They won't be turning Orton heel as they have **** all creditable babyfaces and they have shown no sings of building up anyone else up.

Christian for me works best as a babyface, he is likable and knows how to work face, I don't see what would be gained by turning him heel.

Although if you listen to the Internet everyone should be heel except Rey and Horny. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source:

As many of you may now know, the top story on the internet today is the fact that Randy Orton defeated Christian at the Smackdown taping last night to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

After speaking to several key WWE insiders, WrestleZone can now provide details behind why WWE decided to book this major title change just days after Christian won the title at Extreme Rules.

To begin with, as we exclusively reported several days ago, Randy Orton is set to become the focal point of the Smackdown brand, and the entire Friday night show will be centered around him from both a marketing and creative standpoint. Orton's position on Smackdown can be compared to John Cena's position on Raw, as WWE looks at both talents as the creative centers of their respective brands.

Additionally, we were told that Christian's title win at Extreme Rules was done not so much as a "well deserved win for Christian," but much more so that a big moment could be made for Edge at the PPV. "Vince [McMahon] could smell, touch and taste a moment between Edge and Christian celebrating on PPV, and that's the major reason why Christian was awarded the title." This dispels any conspiracy theories that Christian was awarded the title to keep it on Smackdown, as we were told it would have been very easy for WWE to throw a third party into the Extreme Rules match which would have kept the title off Christian and still on Smackdown.

As to the question of why WWE stripped Christian of the title so shortly after his win at Extreme Rules, WZ was told that no one in WWE with any kind of influence values Christian as a top money draw for the company. Christian is well liked, and is considered, as we were told, "a reliable hand," but when it comes to being a top player in WWE, Vince McMahon has absolutely no faith in him.

Brian Gewirtz, who is the head writer on Raw, and also oversees the entire writing staff in general, which means he does have influence on the direction of Smackdown, is said to be a big supporter of Christian, but other than him, there appears to be no other members of WWE's top brass that consider Christian to be a major player. And yet, we're told by our key WWE insider that even Gewirtz wouldn't speak up for Christian as a top draw. "Brian knows Christian is a very entertaining wrestler," we were told, "but even he knows Christian should not be the number one guy on either brand."

As we said, however, Christian is still considered to be a quality worker and a reliable hand for WWE, and we were even told that a possible producer/agent position might be available for him when his wrestling days are over, but as far as Christian ever working at the top of a WWE brand, that seems to be a very unlikely possibility.

• Advertisement

Ah lads just saw the finish on You Tube, all I can say don't try
    a move off the ropes
    against Mr RKO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Their is **** all proof that Orton is that massive of a draw really despite his epic booking and undoubted pops. Guys like Cena, Rey, Masters,Hunter, Taker and to a lesser extent Edge are all proven money draws, Orton not so much really.

Lets how he does if he is carrying the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

Any video or picture links yet,I am curious to see if they even bothered to put Christians name on the title, at least they can't take away one thing from him he is now a grandslam winner.

jjyd87.png

jjyd87.png

[Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

jjyd87.png

God that name plate looks like plastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Their is **** all proof that Orton is that massive of a draw really despite his epic booking and undoubted pops. Guys like Cena, Rey, Masters,Hunter, Taker and to a lesser extent Edge are all proven money draws, Orton not so much really.

WWE will make it out that he is the greatest draw ever next to cena, regardless of how he actually does fare. If thats their opinion on him it wont change too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Their is **** all proof that Orton is that massive of a draw really despite his epic booking and undoubted pops. Guys like Cena, Rey, Masters[\b],Hunter, Taker and to a lesser extent Edge are all proven money draws, Orton not so much really.

Am I missing some kind of insider joke?

Turtyturd wrote: »

Yes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Turtyturd wrote: »

Phew, I didn't get it either :pac:

• Advertisement

If you do a search of the pro wrestling forum using masters as the search word, there are plenty of examples.

erm, I mean, its not really a joke, we are dead serious about Masters
    Not really but you can play along anyway, its fun

Advertisement