Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Results 5/6 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Just watched it there.. Ridiculous. I thought Mark Henry was going to run into the ring and cause a DQ. How they could have done that to Christian, a guy who has busted his balls for the company for over a decade is beyond me.

Stupid decision. Randy Orton's ego is bigger than his jawline. Guy is a good wrestler no doubt, but christ - give someone a chance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The more I read the more I change my mind and think well done WWE. Well done.

So many people were happy for Christian to win the WHC, everyone went aww, but did anyone pay to see him win a vacated title? No I don't think they did. He got a lovely reaction.

But lovely don't sell tickets dammit!

Controversy sells tickets, controversy puts bums on seats in stadiums and on front of the TV.

The reaction on the net to Christian losing was even bigger than his win. 10 or maybe even 100 times bigger.

How could they do this to Christian!
    OMG!
    I knew they would screw him!
    **** you Vince
    Why couldn't they let him be champ for a few months
    Ortons so selfish etc.

Well what if they did let Christian be champ for a couple of months? He could beat Mark Henry or Cody Rhodes then lose the belt to Orton.

Well nobody would pay for that and nobody would react to that. Nobody would care. It would be an unmemorable title run, So why do it?

This way WWE got a huge reaction out of people - people are genuinely aggrieved by this. That's right in 2011 Vince McMahon, in an era of smart fans, spoilers fan videos on you tube he got us all genuinely pissed off before we even see the match. Incredible really. He made Christians first title reign one of the most memorable ever.

Its not like its the first time Vince has booked a short title reign, Kane cashing in on Rey, Punk cashing in on Jeff, Edge cashing in on Cena, Kanes 24 hour reign.

The perfect example of a dull reaction is Ortons first title reign. Nobody really thought he would win the belt and everyone thought he would lose to HHH. he did, nobody gave a rats ass.

I have no idea what is planned for next week, in fact I won't even read the spoilers. It might just turn out that Vince played us all for fools.

So at this stage all I can say is well done Vince. I will be watching Smackdown tonight, a taped show that I can't wait to see.

Ps: I'm not trying to piss anyone off here, its just how I think at this stage. Most interesting thing they have done since the Nexus debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

DM-ICE wrote: »

This way WWE got a huge reaction out of people - people are genuinely aggrieved by this. That's right in 2011 Vince McMahon, in an era of smart fans, spoilers fan videos on you tube he got us all genuinely pissed off before we even see the match. Incredible really. He made Christians first title reign one of the most memorable ever.

good point, to add its been constantly rammed down our throats this past while by the iwc that the world title doesnt mean anything in wwe these days but if thats the case then why are fans and the likes of bryan alvarez so upset over christian losing the belt, seems vince has got fans quite interested in the world title picture if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE got the wrong kind of reaction. They got anger rather than controversy. Pure anger.
    rossie1977 wrote: »
    good point, to add its been constantly rammed down our throats this past while by the iwc that the world title doesnt mean anything in wwe these days but if thats the case then why are fans and the likes of bryan alvarez so upset over christian losing the belt, seems vince has got fans quite interested in the world title picture if you ask me

The World title means something to people when they think the person who won it deserves it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And as if Smackdown wasn't already set to piss me off, it's being delayed for tennis >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

And as if Smackdown wasn't already set to piss me off, it's being delayed for tennis >_<

Novak Djokovic is a bigger draw than Randy Orton...:o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Novak Djokovic is a bigger draw than Randy Orton...:o

Dude, my granny is a bigger draw than Randy Orton...>_>

Runjin Singh - should that not be Runjin Khali?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Randy Orton WHOOP *jizz*

I'd LOL if they cheered for Khali, and the whole idea backfired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Orlando do you want to see Mark Henry vs The Great Khali. YEAH Oh don't repeat Rock's birthday again.That Over the Limit ad was pure crap but at least its on Sky Sports.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I'd LOL if they cheered for Khali, and the whole idea backfired.

Even if it went wrong they would just use some canned cheers for Randy.

Some boos for Sheamus. A feud between him and Christian would've been great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Some boos for Sheamus. A feud between him and Christian would've been great.

It is Smackdown though, so they could be edited boos.

Oh yeah.

Now that was impressive.

Fecking hate that about wrestling,the sound sweetening squad.Booker is annoying as **** on commentary I mentioned this last week but I says "Right There" way too much. Oh & knowing Jiu Jitsu wouldn't help your kicks.

Where is Bookers Bingo Card?

He even has Josh saying right there

That was a sweet ending to Sheamo v Bryan.

"Kharma looking at her like she's a chicken bone."

/wrestling

That beatdown was weak,the red haired guy seemed to beat up the travel bag as much as Jackson.What was up with the sound effect of the dumpster falling on him & Jackson smiling its pure odd.

This has been a pretty good episode of smackdown so far.

To be fair the beat down went bad when Heath did a knee drop on the blue bag/crate thingy!

Spoilers are a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement

I saw a hairstyle like that in the past. He was a traveller.

I saw a hairstyle like that in the past. He was a traveller.

He probably still is a traveller

"I call it captivating" "I call it good".

Is it me or is Sin Cara's matches just him going out there doing his spots.Chavo was awful on commentary on about his innovation when the only spots he does that get a reaction is Eddie's old spots.

Who did it hurt more?

Chavo just buried that finisher. No harm though, it takes too long to set up. I enjoyed the rest of the match.

Spoilers are a pain in the hole.
    Don't read them?:o

Chavo was a idiot to say who did it hurt more,he was so bad at the desk it made me hope Booker would talk more often.You can kinda see the limitation of the roster tonite would the likes of Kidd get a match on Raw or Chavo be put in a program with a pushed star.The one thing Smackdown does better than Raw is make better use of its roster.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Don't read them?:o

Smart suggestion - I will take your advice.

The cheek of Sky - delaying smackdown for tennis and then showing an ad for a Tennis game during the wrestling.

That was a good match.

Lethal RKO.

• Advertisement

Smart suggestion - I will take your advice.

Not been sarcastic, I am the same I read them even though it probably spoils some of my enjoyment of the show.

I blame Kane though, before he became champ I watched quite a few Smackdowns without reading spoilers, but because his reign was dreadful, I since then make sure to know what I am getting into when I watch,:pac:

Advertisement