Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Results 5/6 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Phew, I didn't get it either :pac:

Likewise....had to do a double take. Probably would have made a better champion than Christian though. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Likewise....had to do a double take. Probably would have made a better champion than Christian though. :pac:

I dunno, we didn't refer to him as 'The Disasterpiece' because he was out of shape :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

:eek::mad:

WELL done wwe :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ari gold24

Those dopes in the crowd cheering just makes it even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Source:

As we said, however, Christian is still considered to be a quality worker and a reliable hand for WWE, and we were even told that a possible producer/agent position might be available for him when his wrestling days are over, but as far as Christian ever working at the top of a WWE brand, that seems to be a very unlikely possibility.

OK I'm sorry but this is just disgraceful How can they think that? Since watching wrestling since i was young that's the first time in a long while that Ive seen so much emotion come from a title win. It's the way wrestling should be. I can understand that they want Randy to be the top dog on Smackdown but for god's sake can they not give Christian a chance? The whole crowd that was present at ER jumped to there feet after he won. Which was a change from the usual Cena reaction. I just don't understand why there cant at least have a go with Christian as top dog. They trusted him as top dog at ECW once. Why not Smackdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

-Kenny- wrote: »
    OK I'm sorry but this is just disgraceful How can they think that? Since watching wrestling since i was young that's the first time in a long while that Ive seen so much emotion come from a title win. It's the way wrestling should be. I can understand that they want Randy to be the top dog on Smackdown but for god's sake can they not give Christian a chance? The whole crowd that was present at ER jumped to there feet after he won. Which was a change from the usual Cena reaction. I just don't understand why there cant at least have a go with Christian as top dog. They trusted him as top dog at ECW once. Why not Smackdown?

With the loss of Edge, the apparent loss of Taker except for Mania appearances, and Mysterio going to Smackdown, everyone who the old show was built around at all levels is now gone. I can understand the hate towards Orton as everyone wants Christian to get his chance but if you are building the show from scratch again, realistically you can't do it around a first time Champion.

On top of this, WWE never leave a first time champion have a good run. Look at Miz. He was a side show to Rock/Cena through the whole Mania build up. I think everyone here would agree that if the Rock hadn't come back for Mania, the Miz would have dropped the title at the Rumble to Cena so that Cena could have the title going into Mania, and have the show built around him.

The exact same thing is happening here. Orton went to Smackdown so the show is revolving around him. Christian isn't going to be champion as long as they are re-building Smackdown!. The most likely chance of him having a shot at the title again is if they book him to win MITB when that PPV comes around. And even at that, he'd probably be the first guy to not cash it in successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

God that name plate looks like plastic!!

I knew there was something up when I seen that. They would have left it blank until they got the engraved name plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

nice of wwe to rub it in on fb this morn
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/wwe/posts/117174171699346

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

jmolloy wrote: »
    nice of wwe to rub it in on fb this morn
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/wwe/posts/117174171699346

Liked page, left a nice message, unliked page.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ari gold24 wrote: »

As much as it pains me to say it, the truth is the majority of wrestling fans will likely like this result; the internet fanbase may hate the switch but I can promise you the casual mark (who make up the majority of the WWE Universe) will prefer Orton as champ, simply cause he's built as being more important. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

seeing a title change would be an unexpected bonus to be fair to them, very rarely changes on raw or smackdown anymore

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jmolloy wrote: »
    seeing a title change would be an unexpected bonus to be fair to them, very rarely changes on raw or smackdown anymore

Hehe, I know I nearly died when Kc James and ...um....someone Idol "beat" London and Kendrick for the tag titles back at a house show in Dublin a few years back. Loved Londrick but the thoughts of seeing a title change live was amazing. I'd imagine it would be ten-fold for an actual world title change....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Too bad you werent in the crowd to educate them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Belt was always going to end up with Orton, but by Christian, why not actually make a ****ing story out of it? I want to give them a chance, but it seems they can't get ANYTHING right.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

Ok sure, we knew Orton was going to be the main man on Smackdown - however bad a performer he may be - but treating Christian like this is shameful. The WWE could at least give him a chance rather that just dismissing him as not up to the task of main-eventing. Look at Austin, Jericho, Benoit and Eddie Guerrero, all of them were dismissed by WCW as only being good enough for the mid-card but the WWE gave them a chance and they all worked brilliantly in the main-event. It's just because the WWE doesn't have any credible opposition that they think they can get away with pushing charima-less, second rate wrestlers like Orton to the main event while keeping performers of much higher standard like Christian down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Im sure the Kids in America love to see Orton with the belt. Thats all WWE think about.

MAJR wrote: »
    Ok sure, we knew Orton was going to be the main man on Smackdown - however bad a performer he may be - but treating Christian like this is shameful. The WWE could at least give him a chance rather that just dismissing him as not up to the task of main-eventing. Look at Austin, Jericho, Benoit and Eddie Guerrero, all of them were dismissed by WCW as only being good enough for the mid-card but the WWE gave them a chance and they all worked brilliantly in the main-event. It's just because the WWE doesn't have any credible opposition that they think they can get away with pushing charima-less, second rate wrestlers like Orton to the main event while keeping performers of much higher standard like Christian down.

a) Smackdown doesnt have the heel support to carry a champion like Christian

b) They probably think Christian would be better chasing the title then defending it.
    Im sure the Kids in America love to see Orton with the belt. Thats all WWE think about.

Ok Kim Wilde.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

drayme wrote: »
    Ok Kim Wilde.

Ah you bet me to it! :)
    badum-tish.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Orton Heel whilst Christian Champion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

b) They probably think Christian would be better chasing the title then defending it.

Ok Kim Wilde.

If anything SD has more heels i.e. Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes and Mark Henry

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Orton Heel whilst Christian Champion?

Orton's tweet:
    "Biggest change from Raw to Smackdown...Ignorance x Jealousy + Spoilers = entertaining tweets!! Keep em coming!!"

Would have me guessing that Randy is going heel.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If anything SD has more heels i.e. Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes and Mark Henry

Quantity not quality. None of them are draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They're much, much more likely to turn Christian if anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Orton's tweet:

Quantity not quality. None of them are draws.

Is Orton really a big draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Raw had very very low numbers when he was champ. I dunno if thats anything to go by. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

God I love people saying guys ain't draws & tag team wrestling doesn't draw when ppv numbers are falling by the month.Bar Nostalgiamania which needed The Rock so badly to get that illusive 7 figure buy rate.

Who else is there on Smackdown that can actually challenge for the belt? Kane or Henry? :P

On a relative basis he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jericho's take:
    Hey everyone *****ing about @Christian4Peeps losing the title, have u ever thought that maybe it's just the beginning of a bigger storyline?

Now I did consider this before I was leaving work, but I just don't believe that Vince will put the strap back on Christian.

That being said, this could be a fantastic way of *really* getting Christian over, I mean main event over. Also, if he does somehow get back the title, he'll have earned it off his own back, and not just because Edge retired and Del Rio had to move brands.

• Advertisement

I could imagine it might turn out to be part of a bigger story alright, but I still can't see Christian being champ at the end of it. And I could also imagine it being scraped half way through if Vince lost faith and then Christian is left in the mid card again

Advertisement