Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 misstyc

itsokay wrote: »
    Anyone else heard back? Curious at this stage as to how I got on

got my offer yesterday for C&T, really happy it was my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Congrats :) Seems like everyone is getting offers except me...

Did they call or email you?

Wendero wrote: »
    Congrats :) Seems like everyone is getting offers except me...

Did they call or email you?
    Don't worry, it's still early days!! they emailed me the offer.

When was your assessment day again? Perhaps those with early ACs get offers/rejections before those with later ACs. I had mine on thursday the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rask43

Still haven't made up my mind fully re my offer.

Can I ask about the gender balance of the different BOI ACs people attended?

There was only one girl at mine, which is a concern as I'd prefer to have a decent mix in a graduate intake.

• Advertisement

When was your assessment day again? Perhaps those with early ACs get offers/rejections before those with later ACs. I had mine on thursday the 14th.

Mine was on wednesday 13th, perhaps you are right about that.

rask43 wrote: »
    Still haven't made up my mind fully re my offer.

Can I ask about the gender balance of the different BOI ACs people attended?

There was only one girl at mine, which is a concern as I'd prefer to have a decent mix in a graduate intake.

At mine there were 4 girls out of 9 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsokay

No girls at mine, 8 lads. Don't let that put you off though.

Great opportunity for you.

It's not putting me off per se, it's just something that struck me as odd.

And it's no reflection on BOI at all. It's just that I did a banking internship in London which had pretty much a 50/50 split on gender so I was surprised at the BOI ac.

You are dead right about it being a great opportunity - that's what makes the decision so hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hey Guys

Just stumbled on this thread. Congrats to all that got job offers :)

I had my AC on the 25th (Retail Banking) and I was wondering if anyone knew what the salary is? Can't seem to find it anywhere :(

• Advertisement

Supposedly 28k last year. Could be a bit higher this year if we're lucky, but it's in that region. Search this thread for "salary".

Supposedly 28k last year. Could be a bit higher this year if we're lucky, but it's in that region. Search this thread for "salary".

My offer was 28k so i think all the grads are about the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gama90

Hi everyone,

I attended the AC on Monday 25th, for retail. Fair play to the successful candidates so far! It seems from the C&T guys that there's a waiting period of 3-4 weeks before offers are given out for the others.

One query I have is that, as a graduate already in a full time job, would I have to wait until September to start if I am successful? I was told by one of the interviewers during my final interview that exceptions can me made where a successful candidate can actually start the program early and skill up before the program starts. Does anyone know about this? I tried asking the lady who organised it afterwards but she seemed under pressure to leave so I didn't push it.

Thanks!

gama90, I really hope it's possible to start early. I would certainly love to do that as I'm not doing anything at all right now.

Same here Wendero, I'm not really up for having to wait from Mid December to early September in a "meh" job after being offered a position, 9 months is a long time!

Confirmed this morning that I won't be taking the role in C&T.

Best of luck to everyone.

Hope you find something else you like Rask :)

Yeah I've already accepted another position so I'm happy out!

Hey everyone,

Just letting you know I got offered a position in Business Banking this afternoon, I'm elated! They said they want me to start early and will call next week to discuss.

Wooo!

gama90 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just letting you know I got offered a position in Business Banking this afternoon, I'm elated! They said they want me to start early and will call next week to discuss.

Wooo!

Congrats!! Best of luck with the offer :)

• Advertisement

gama90 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Wooo!

Congrats. fingers crossed that an offer will drop into my mailbox soon :P

Has anybody heard from them? I still haven't.

Has anybody heard from them? I still haven't.

Maybe try to sent HR an email to see if you can find out where you stand?

Yeah I did, they said they would sart sending out status updates starting thursday last week. Doesn't make much sense to me as some people here have already received offers before thursday, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah I did, they said they would sart sending out status updates starting thursday last week. Doesn't make much sense to me as some people here have already received offers before thursday, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I sent them an email and heard nothing back.

Got an email yesterday morning from BOI stating that I was unsuccessful in my application.

Best of Luck to everyone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Got an email yesterday morning from BOI stating that I was unsuccessful in my application.

Best of Luck to everyone here.

Thats unfortunate dragon, best of luck going forward.

I'm so sorry Dragon :( Did they give you any feedback?

I got an update stating that "The calibre of applicants over the course of our assessment centres was extremely high and with this in mind we are now reviewing all applicants against their preferences and available roles within the Group." - and that a further update would follow in January next year.

Is this a good sign or a bad sign? Any thoughts on how to interpret this? Like, it's not a rejection - but the fact that they bring up preferences makes me think I may not get my first choice (which I can live with as long as they still offer me a job). Or am I overthinking this?

I'm so sorry Dragon :( Did they give you any feedback?

I got an update stating that "The calibre of applicants over the course of our assessment centres was extremely high and with this in mind we are now reviewing all applicants against their preferences and available roles within the Group." - and that a further update would follow in January next year.

Is this a good sign or a bad sign? Any thoughts on how to interpret this? Like, it's not a rejection - but the fact that they bring up preferences makes me think I may not get my first choice (which I can live with as long as they still offer me a job). Or am I overthinking this?

Maybe they are considering you for another position which you chose as your alternative choice, or perhaps they are waiting to see if anyone in the first round offers declines their offer. In that instance perhaps they will offer it to you? It's definitely a good sign that you haven't been rejected yet me thinks. Finally contracts aren't being issued until early January i think so it makes sense...

• Advertisement

OK... so how much do I have to pay any one of you who have an offer in order for you to decline? :P

Just kidding :) I'll just have to wait and see.

Advertisement