Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 drbeatz

They recieved rugby 2011 today in the game shops ( mate works there) but the basturds wont sell it to me till friday morning!! Got to hold a copy, looks nice :)

Still looking forward to Jonah Lomu more tho. He tells me that that is done for the 8th of september on there computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Ok first attempt of the game and I win the World Cup with Ireland (BO'D in the corner and O'Gara conversion to win it at the death).

Ferris is black and is seriously under-rated. He has a player stat of something like 76, where Leamy would have 82 and O'Brien 90. Same goes for Heaslip with a paltry 83.

Oh ya and we can put the O'Gara/Sexton debate to bed. RO'G has a rating of 94 but his arch rival only has 92. So there you have it, the Munster man is the better out-half. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Havent really researched it, so sorry if its already been said, but what licences does Rugby Challenge have? Ie what teams and what competitions?

Top14
    Aviva Premiership
    Rabo Direct
    ITM Cup
    Super 15 New Zealand and Australia
    Wallabies, All Blacks, USA and Georgia

Then they have unoffical SA teams and unoffical international teams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 drbeatz

Oh ya and we can put the O'Gara/Sexton debate to bed. RO'G has a rating of 94 but his arch rival only has 92. So there you have it, the Munster man is the better out-half. ;)

Jesus the realisim sounds terrible!! Are there hover boots in the line out??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Stev_o wrote: »
    Top14
    Aviva Premiership
    Rabo Direct
    ITM Cup

Thanks.

Lovely stuff, delighted that the Rabo is in it, Muuuunster :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Top14
    Aviva Premiership
    Rabo Direct
    ITM Cup

Pity the Heiniken cup is not in it. have heard there is a European cup in the game which would be probly the unoffical HCUP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

You can also create your own competitons!:D

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Pity the Heiniken cup is not in it. have heard there is a European cup in the game which would be probly the unoffical HCUP

Yeah it's a shame but at least a alternative is there. Going to spend the first day playing random matches then spend a weekend editing everything to my liking. Given the scope for that im actually looking forward to doing some editing! Hopefully it'll be easy to transfer modified files on the PC version.

Actually anyone here who knows anyone working in Game/HMV/Gamestop want to find out whether they have received shipment or expecting to in the next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

For anyone with the game my username is Willy0dea with a zero. So add me as a friend and maybe we could play a custom match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

For anyone with the game my username is Willy0dea with a zero. So add me as a friend and maybe we could play a custom match.

forever-alone-meme-t2981.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

take a look at the picture... one ferris is real. the other ferris is the one in RWC2011... spot the difference

172015.jpg

EDIT: also. rugby challenge street date in NZ has been broken. game now on sale this friday in NZ

You must be taking the piss with Ferris, im left speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

What do ye reckon guys, to buy rugby challenge from nz or not. Im leaning towards not doing that simply because it would cost just under 80 euro and could take ages to get here, by which time the irish release could only be days away. I.m really annoyed and jealous that so many people are going to be playing the game for at least two weeks before us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

mystic86 wrote: »
    What do ye reckon guys, to buy rugby challenge from nz or not. Im leaning towards not doing that simply because it would cost just under 80 euro and could take ages to get here, by which time the irish release could only be days away. I.m really annoyed and jealous that so many people are going to be playing the game for at least two weeks before us.

I'd just hang on tbh, no reason for a large delay in release dates between the various countries.

You must be taking the piss with Ferris, im left speechless.

im genuinly not. I asked olly on TRF to take a look for us and he took the pic on his phone for me. 100% correct... stephen ferris is a bald black man... apprently... i wonder who should tell him...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Well my impatience got the better of me. I've ordered RC from NZ as it's out there now. Not sure exactly when it will arrive, but hopefully it won't take more than a week or so!

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/All-Blacks-Rugby-Challenge/9196851/

molloyjh wrote: »
    Well my impatience got the better of me. I've ordered RC from NZ as it's out there now. Not sure exactly when it will arrive, but hopefully it won't take more than a week or so!

be prepared for 20 days.
    Expect it in 10-15 days.
    and then be very happily surprised if it arrives any earlier :D

EDIT:
    oh and eh, mystic...
    mystic86 wrote: »
    you're talking absolute rubbish
    Mario wrote:
    They are normalised. It doesn't matter what team you use in leaderboard play, the stats are the same.

Link
    Mikeeboy wrote:
    Does that mean for example that every winger will have the same speed, handling etc stats across all the teams?
    Mario wrote:
    In leaderboard matches, yes. Not in private matches.

So in fact, you are the one that was talking rubbish and I was correct. Gerogia and the All Blacks will have the exact same stats in Ranked online matches.

Leaderboard matches = all teams and players have the same stats. Private matches they have "proper" stats.

So there would be no satisfaction beating a high ranked team with someone like georgia then? or like beating a 5* team on fifa with a 1* team :/
    mario wrote:
    You can still play people with "proper" stats in private matches

To me this might allude to being able to use whatever teams/stats we want in private matches. meaning we can take completly custom teams online. which would be awesome. trying to get mario to confirm or deny it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Well my impatience got the better of me. I've ordered RC NZ as it's out there now. Not sure exactly when it will arrive, but hopefully it won't take more than a week or so!

How much did it end up costing with delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Well my impatience got the better of me. I've ordered RC NZ as it's out there now. Not sure exactly when it will arrive, but hopefully it won't take more than a week or so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

In total it was about €75 including delivery. A bit steep I know, but sure it's not like we're in a recession or anything. Amn't I made of money!!!!
    Tomtom364 wrote: »
    be prepared for 20 days.

Expect it in 10-15 days.

and then be very happily surprised if it arrives any earlier

Friday 2 weeks would be perfect. Any later and I might be a bit upset!

In total it was about €75 including delivery. A bit steep I know, but sure it's not like we're in a recession or anything. Amn't I made of money!!!!

Friday 2 weeks would be perfect. Any later and I might be a bit upset!

Ah sure since your offering order us a copy there.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭budhabob

How long generally after release before we can expect some reviews of RC? Not that its going to stop me picking it up....but it'd be nice to know anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

They said somewhere on their fb page that review copies had been sent out in the last day or two. So I would expect them to be out early next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

hope some new zealanders post loads of vids on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

In total it was about €75 including delivery.

Madness! :) Hopefully it's a good game...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

Thats so silly because by the time you get it it will be out here too, and if it is earlier it will be less than a week.
    you paid about €20 extra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

in that case tomtom send on your bank details for that fiver.

this normalized player stats thing is the biggest load of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I asked over on the gamesnash forum what the craic with release date was

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74029238&postcount=7
    Nothing for Europe yet,

There are three different versions of the game coming out NZ and SA will have All Blacks Rugby Challenge, AUS will have Wallabies Rugby Challenge and in Europe it will be Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge.

It's actually coming out tomorrow in New Zealand so that means version 1 is complete. I suspect they are taking that as a base and modifying it for the Aussie and European markets. All we have is some time in september at the moment.

So shop owners know nothing either.

• Advertisement

We'll be getting impressions over the next few hours so stay tuned. Here's a list of achievements Tolosenc your going to love one in particular !

Thanks Team - watch the credits 10g
    Good Sport - play 25 online matches 40g
    Online Captain - play 50 online matches 125g
    Tall as Metcalfe - Win 60% lineouts in a match that aren't thrown by your own team 15g
    Secret
    World Champ Domination - Win a World Championship without losing or drawing a game 60g
    Possessed - maintain over 60% possession in a match 10g
    This is my house - Maintain over 60% territory in a match 10g
    Lack of discipline - Ref calls one red card against you 10g
    A gentlemans game - Do not conceded more than 2 penalties in a single match 15g
    End to end - Make a try scoring run which starts in your own in goal 40g
    Conversion point pro - score a conversion on pro difficulty 35g
    Team player - Win 10 matches, each as a different team 40g
    Played for our sins - Win a match with 2 players sent off 15g
    The Catt Memorial Service - break through a fullback with Jonah Lomu 20g
    Where is Tim Timber? - win the ITM cup 50g
    Super, thanks for asking - win the Rugby 15 competition 50g
    There's no forfeiting this one - win the top 14 50g
    Working on my quads - Win the quad nations 50g
    Hardcore fan - Complete career mode 100g
    Secret
    Bank of Toulon - collect $100,000 rugby dollars 100g