Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

following on from IGN giving RWC 2011 a 5/10, here is another review that gives it 4.5/10

http://www.hookedgamers.com/ps3/rugby_world_cup_2011/review/article-770.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

beglee wrote: »
    I like the bit in the replay when one of the NZ players is celebrating and walks right through the 2 lads on the ground :D

To be fair, it does look pretty good, but it's bound to have some bugs/quirks. Hopefully not so many that it detracts from the game

You mean like the Aussie player running between the NZ scrum half and the base of the ruck as in the above video? I know the scrum half is only arriving, but I don't think any player in their right mind would pick that route for fear of being pinged for offside or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

cython wrote: »
    You mean like the Aussie player running between the NZ scrum half and the base of the ruck as in the above video? I know the scrum half is only arriving, but I don't think any player in their right mind would pick that route for fear of being pinged for offside or similar.

surely that was intentional interference to slow down the ball... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    surely that was intentional interference to slow down the ball... :P

Oh, of course, so the absence of a penalty was the real glitch! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Advertisement

cython wrote: »
    Oh, of course, so the absence of a penalty was the real glitch! ;)

exactly :P

Though the reviews are showing up RWC2011 to be shocking, my rental copy is at home waiting for me and im very much looking forward to it.
    Im not expecting anything great from it but €5 for 3nights rental with a weekend off work i think it will be worth the money and i get to play a rugby game which is just :D havnt had one since word championship rugby on the orignal xbox xD

• Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

thought all Irish players were licensced. ??

few of them dont look like thereselves lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I just spent €40 to get Rugby 07 on my Xbox, just won the world cup in my first time out, and wtf is with that stupid code you've to input?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

Leinsters Rating in rugby challenge! Apparently all front row ratings are low for some reason or another!

1. Ross 58
    2. Fogarty 58
    3. Healy 68
    4. Hines 71
    5. Cullen 63
    6. O'Brien 68
    7. Jennings 70
    8. Heaslip 81
    9. Reddan 76
    10. Sexton 82
    11. Fitzgerald 79
    12. D'Arcy 83
    13. O'Driscoll 94
    14. Kearney 85
    15. Nacewa 73
    16. Van Der Merwe 53
    17. Horgan 78
    18. Strauss 46
    19. Toner 55
    20. Ruddock 70
    21. Boss 69
    22. Prescott 42

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    2. Fogarty 58
    5. Cullen 63
    6. O'Brien 68
    15. Nacewa 73
    22. Prescott 42

To the editorium!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    6. O'Brien 68

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Probably the best footage yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

pity choices are poor,wc 11 get all international teams but poor play then you rc where you get clubs mostly, 2 or 3 international teams,
    but if spending 45 euros,better get good play,so for me,rc will win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I suppose player names and ratings would be a disappointment if we couldn't edit them, but being able to edit them basically means we change the game for an hour and it will be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

all squads are based on last season because they had to create the players and have them oked by all the licence parties involved and stuff. all teams rosters can be edited from a core though so a lil bit of time and a sheet of transfers (theres one knocking around here thats from TRF i think)

I hope there is some way to export and import players and teams like the options files in the early PES games. They were awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Right, RWC is terrible, there is no denying it :p
    Should keep me going till challenge though and to be fair the achievements should keep me occupied for a while. Some players needed some serious stat improvements. Mostly SOB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

wingnut wrote: »
    I hope there is some way to export and import players and teams like the options files in the early PES games. They were awesome.

I'd imagine that's about 90% of the reason there's a player editor in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

RC looks great so far. Had a look at a few reviews there and they're generally glowing. Has anyone heard about a European release date for it yet? Haven't found anything myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I have it on express delivery pre-order from Gamestop. Given that I got RWC 2 days before its release date, and an email the day before, I'll let y'all know when it's about to come out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Gamestop.ie have pushed their estimated release date for rugby challenge to the 23rd :mad:

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Gamestop.ie have pushed their estimated release date for rugby challenge to the 23rd :mad:

world cup well under way,you think they bring it out at start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

following on from the 4.5/10 from hookedgamers and 5/10 from IGN , RWC 2011 gets two more poor reviews...

http://www.nowgamer.com/xbox-360/xbox360-reviews/1027600/rugby_world_cup_2011.html

http://www.gamebreakers.co/video-game-review/rugby-world-cup-2011-game-review/

a 6.9 and a 6, bit better but still poor

It's a very poor game.

RC looks great so far. Had a look at a few reviews there and they're generally glowing. Has anyone heard about a European release date for it yet? Haven't found anything myself...
    is the six nations in wc game ?

is the six nations in wc game ?

6 nations is in but unlicenced in RC
    no 6 nations in RWC2011. Literally just World cup, warm up tour, one off match and kicking comp in RWC2011

No

6 nations is in but unlicenced in RC
    no 6 nations in RWC2011. Literally just World cup, warm up tour, one off match and kicking comp in RWC2011
    makes it even worse then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Why do people play on the lowest difficulty on the ****ty side cam? :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Thank God I ordered it from NZ so. The gf is back from hols that day so getting it before then is vital to my relationship! :D

Advertisement