Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The N64 'Back to Basics' Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Constantine is waiting in the middle of the road as D approaches. As D comes up to him Constantine calmly lights a cigarette while looking him up and down.
    "You, my friend has pissed off way too many folks. Good-bye."
    With that the ground on the side of the road erupts revealing a dozen heavily
    armed vampires who fall on D with a savage ferocity. A massive blast rocks the earth; coughing and spluttering Constantine reels off a powerful list of curses at the halfwit abomination that managed to prematurely detonate his carefully-concealed trump card.
    "Well, there's thirteen less blights on the face of the planet now. Sh*t, I'm out of ciggies."

Sadly, the charred remains are one short of a baker's dozen. D had sensed the trap as he approached, and the desperate edge to the quips spouting from his left hand told him that it was going to be a bad one. Realising that his opponent must have brought ample firepower to ensure that a double-cross never gets to become a possibility, D has a hushed conversation with his Left Hand while approaching, guessing at some kind of high-yield IED and pinpointing it with his effector amulet. After that survival was just a matter of timing. When the trap was sprung, D waited a split-second to let the opposition close in then hurled himself backward with all his might, praying that the debris he landed near was dense enough to stop any shrapnel as his amulet's tiny effector "convinced" the bomb that detonation was truly in its best interests.

Once he realises the last few spikes of shrapnel to strike his shield ward had nothing to do with the blast, Constantine curses luridly and triggers his last-ditch defense ward - a sigil linked to some rather curious clay punctuating the rock strata. A Golem bursts forth - costly and unpredictable, but then again Constantine didn't think it would need to be employed.

But its far too late. Left Hand already suggested it was now time to ignore diversions and go straight to the heart of the matter, and watching his needles bounce off a ward D decides to finish things up close. Constantine's corpse hits the ground long before the golem can even try to intercept the flying demivampiric blur streaking past it.

D FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

2 each

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i'm gonna give this one to constantine. His past experiencess and abilities to get out of amazinly impossible situations, coupled with his power and immence intelligence will just pip him over D! good bout but the smokin badass takes it!

John Constantine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I think D has this.

As said above, Constantine rarely wins a physical fight and that's exactly what D will give him.

D has faced more powerful wizards than Constantine in the past and triumphed, I really don't think Constantine can come up with anything that'll fool Left Hand or overcome D's physical ability.

3-3

Getting exciting

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Constantine hits D with a vial of his blood, which due to D's vampire lineage, leaves him in a weakened state. Constantine then finishes him off at his leisure.

Constantine wins.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Unfortunately I don't know D and haven't had a chance to really look into his character but from reading the wiki I reckon he would destroy. It seems almost like he is designed to beat Constantine, with his cold demeanor and Left Hand reading Constantine.

DFTW

4 - 4 draw.

PMing a random contributor for a casting vote

The deciding vote has been cast. Constantine wins!

The next battle will be posted shortly...

Ginger Fitzgerald
    AND
    Brigitte 'B' Fitzgerald
    Ginger-snaps-sisters-small.jpg&sa=X&ei=EWm1Td_jHIiEhQeygZ3kDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHXI0IJOLg4ReLJ8mvtIzGvysOK8w

Versus

Alice
    1437e_cine-resident-evil-afterlife-alice.jpg&sa=X&ei=XWi1TcyPDJG3hAfc4a3kDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFa9zpcryq9_J19wl-ojkYyWYMYtQ

@The Creepy Woods:
    creepy-woods-300x298.png&sa=X&ei=vGm1TfjmJYHLhAePoZnkDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGc5sPmSr-my-_blN7yy6H0X_x-Uw

"Alice has tracked down two creatures, part human, part monster to a remote piece of woodland. As the full moon dangles in the sky Alice prepares to take care of what she perceives to be the sinister Umbrella Corporation's latest experiment."

• Advertisement

Assuming Alice is at full power, she'd tear through the pair of them. No contest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

While Alice is a talented, an powerful combatant she is facing two werewolves in the woods. While Brigitte distracts by remaining in human form and begging for help in finding a cure Ginger strikes from cover tearing into Alice with an unrivaled ferocity. While Alice is busy holding off Ginger and waiting for her regenerative abilities to kick in she fails to notice the knife in Brigitte's hand.
    The cookies win this one

1 each

Game on!

Alice is going to stomp the two werewolves easily. While the ginger snaps crew are quite sly and cruel with their plans, they'll have no idea what they're dealing with. Human Alice would have them outskilled... first stage mutant Alice would rip them apart, and I dunno how powerful she ultimately becomes (cause I haven't seen the latest movie) but she'd easily take them down. Alice is used to fighting more powerful baddies and also faster baddies, plus she's the aggressor so she knows that these kids are bad, even in human form. If they stay in human form they'll get knocked out or take a bullet to the head, in wolf form they'll be outskilled by the acrobatic, gun totting Alice.

A fearless telekinetic versus the Jailbait Duo? Please! In the same round that took down Eliphas and D??!?! lol.gif

If we're to assume that neither of them are human anymore and that they're not trying to kill each other (remember that G can't control her abilities well and B hates and rejects the lycan power) and we have to assume that Alice is in mid-high-tier pseudo-vampire-undead telekinetic mode thanks to the T-Virus, and in that mode she can see them coming AND remote kill. Who needs a firearm? :pac: Ginger might schiz out and try to kill everyone, but Alice will simply squash her flat with a projected hard-field. And if Alice is a human then only one of the Jailbait Duo is a lycan and remember what happened to her when she had a tiff with her baseline-human sister? She kinda came out the worse for wear... (i.e. dead :p)

Alice FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If all three are at their most powerful/deadly, then Alice walks this one with ease.

Hell even a lower powered Alice has taken on and defeated far more dwadly and far more powerful beings than G and/or B at their best/deadliest.

Alice for a very easy win.

4-1

Alice is closing in on victory...

The time limit has elapsed. Alice wins 4-1.

the next battle will be posted shortly...

Blade
    snipes.jpg&sa=X&ei=rra2TbPoHJDWsgbAodXdDQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGvK4afEfTWMmtH0Qfz5PrScgEZ9g

Versus

Yakon
    yakon1.jpg&sa=X&ei=LLe2TdDpBZGTswaw3t3VDQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHRgnVldag-vXczuZTlkUa1ZmOS_Q

@ A Soho Whorehouse
    bar%2520club%2520blacks%2520soho%2520london%25201.jpg&sa=X&ei=Wbi2TZydL4TEswa7xLG6DQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHc4QZtIpQG90lEvYzqiYuHddSp2A

"On rare occasions Blade takes time to return to his birthplace and location of infection. Part pilgrimage, part act of penance, it is one of very few times and places where he can find solace. No vampire with a modicum of sense would be foolhardy enough to attack Blade there and risk pissing him off. However, something nocturnal does stalk him and it is not like any vampire Blade has encountered before..."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Had no idea of who or what Yakon is, and after reading what was on the linked page, I still don't know much about him. :D

But a search online says he was killed by eating/absorbing too much light, so I shall have Blade
    set off a huge amount of UV flashbang grenades, like
    he did in the sewers in Blade II
    , and having to absorb so much light kills Yakon (whose name makes me think of a cow or of yogurt)

Blade for the win against the green guy I don't know.

Spoiler put in for those who have not seen Blade II.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I think Blade is going to take this one. he heavily armed wherever he goes so sooner or later he would come across his opponent's weak point and use that to his advantage

Blade swore silently to himself. At this time of night his now-somewhat-more-upmarket birthplace should have been bustling. Instead the place was dark and silent. He could smell blood - lots of it. His night-vision told it all - something powerful had come this way, and from the scattered upholstery and broken glass the usual occupants had left in a hurry. Some blood-slick bone and gristle indicated that not all of them had made it out. And that whatever had laid this trap for him in advance was no mere vampire.

In one of the more open-plan reception halls he found the intruder, making no attempt to conceal its presence from him. Indeed, it eyed him - meaning it too had night- or high-precision infravision - while chewing away on an arm. Part of Blade was a little relieved to see that the brawny, hairy limb had belonged to one of the punters and not the girls. But it was nowhere near enough to stop him from getting really phenomenally pissed.

Whatever it was, it didn't come from this neck of the woods. The abomination stood over eight feet tall even hunched quite low on a versatile pair of twin-jointed legs, and looked like some barely-humanoid cross between a reptile and an insect, its head a nightmarish mixture of shark and toad. It made a noise like gravel being ground into rock - and Blade realised the demon, alien, whatever - was talking to him.

"Heh. Finally found you, Constantine", it grated, displaying a sharks-tooth grin. "You've pissed off the wrong deities this time - the King of Vampires really wants you dead, and he ain't the only one!"
    Blade shook his head mutely.
    "That's not an illusion? Ah-HA! Then you're Captain Cyberwolf!! You're wanted for offing that artificial dhampir too! You bent the rules of our Tournament TOO far this time!", it growled. "You didn't just break Drac's favourite experiment, you screwed with the Night Itself!"
    "I am an artificial dhampir. Technically." drawled Blade, "But I'm not in any Tournament. And you're screwing with me on my day off."
    "...Oh" said the fiend, nonplussed. It appeared to take something out from under the analogue of an armpit. Blade realised it was a damp and very ragged piece of paper. "Sh!t. Wrong address again" sighed the creature. It nonchalantly gulped down the paper.
    Blade remained in a ready stance, and suddenly the earth shook. An unholy noise was emanating from the creature.
    "Still?" it sighed, looking down almost apologetically at its sunken midriff. "Still hungry" it complained, eyeing up Blade in a very peculiar manner. "Oh well, if you're not a proper vampire you might taste of something" it said cheerfully.

Blade cursed - he was dinner. And as the creature faced him there was something funny about those wrist-claws... Corded muscles bunched up under its skin above and behind its wrists-

Roaring, Blade hurled himself to the side, not quite fast enough. With a biological-sounding hiss the pile bunker on its right arm pistoned out at tremendous speed straight through the space he was standing in a moment ago, punching through his combat armor to slash his side and past him straight through the reinforced concrete wall behind him. As masonry dust swirled around them Blade lunged away again as the creature, instead of retracting the spike, swung the extended pile bunker in an arc like a massive sword slicing through old brick and new concrete alike. It was incredibly quick for its size. Cursing, Blade cleared his wound of debris with his right hand while his left smacked the waggling, retracting tip of the spike away and deployed its integrated autopistol, firing a quick burst as he swung through the nearby doorway into a narrow corridor.

Cursing, Blade instinctively threw himself further down the corridor just as the creature's other pile bunker blasted a hole clean out of the wall, across the corridor and through the opposing wall. Blade ran as the spike followed him, slashing at him despite two intervening walls catching on it. A tremendous crash announced the arrival of the rest of the beast, bubbling laughter as it walked through a load-bearing wall while still picking up speed. Fast and strong. This was going to be good.

Blade emptied the rest of the standard silver-oxide clip into its head, eliciting more amusement. Triggering a clip reload with APHE rounds with a twitch of his prosthesis' finger he snapped off a silver-plated titanium knife in his right hand, hitting the creature with the impact of a cannon thanks to his own boosted strength. The grunt suggested it didn't like that as much. Before he could get off another knife he felt the rush of air - the mother****ing thing was jumping on him! - and as he turned toward it slammed him to the ground with the force of an 18-wheeler truck, its foot talons coming close to punching through his armor. Knife spinning away, he countered with a full-auto burst of APHE aimed at its chin, feeling the heat of the chain of far-too-close detonations as its head was smashed against the roof. Ichor rained down, and with the creature standing on him and off-balance, Blade grabbed his last two knives and with all his might jammed them at an angle clean through its metatarsals on each foot, forcing them off his chest and pinning them as he drove the knives through into the floorboards. He backrolled to his feet as it roared in pain and anger, moving away to place another few explosive rounds into it-

And now it was his turn to roar, as the pile bunker flashed out again, gouging deep into the side of his right shoulder and partially pinning him to the wall. Now he was pissed. Desperate, he flung an EMP grenade at it, short timer. No good. He thought it wouldn't, followed up with a second throw, this time UV. Even if it didn't damage it the bright light from its visible component would screw up its night vision something nasty. Blade roared as the shrieking monster reeled back from the searing light and pulled out its spike. And then- the freak laughed?!? In a split second it recovered - far too quick for normal visual adjustment, what the hell was this thing?!?- and began sucking the light up! Laughing, it contemptuously smashed Blade away down the corner of the corridor, even stronger than before.

So the freak ran on light, eh? Blade tossed another UV grenade. Only this time, as it sucked up the light, he emptied the rest of his clip into it. Not great, it was now regenerating the damage - but he was making a mess out of its head and thorax, even with the rapidly varying light he could see it. He fired off another grenade as his second and last APHE clip loaded - was it sucking up the light a bit slower now? Blade blasted it again. It was far too happy to suck up the light to notice its head was weakening with repeated explosives and botched regens. Another. Now it was tottering. Last UV grenade. He had to end this now. Throwing the grenade, Blade hit it with the last APHE rounds, switched to fragmenting flechette rounds, while drawing his sword. One shot at this, and his right arm was weakened from the still-healing shoulder and side wounds. One way to remedy that - don't slash with your hands. Blade tossed the sword in the air, and timing the blow with vampiric strength and dexterity, swung a braod roundhouse kick, hitting maximum velocity as the boot made perfect contact with the reinforced pommel. As he turned he fired off a short quick semi-auto burst.

The blade whistled for the split second it took to punch through the middle of the beast's skull with the force of a cruise missile. A fraction of a second later the bullets arrived, the first three hitting the pommel squarely, their impact driving the still-moving sword clean through its head and hunched spine just as the other rounds flew into the gaping wound and sent shrapnel corkscrewing through what was left of its brain and upper spinal column.

Picking up his sword and knives, Blade looked at the devastation. He walked up to Yakon's smoking corpse.

"Its times like these..." he said quietly, looking at the abundant UV radiation damage to the surrounding area,
    "that I'm glad I don't sunburn"

He walked out of the building, and didn't look back as it finally began to collapse behind him.

Another part of his long past finally lay buried, its death come before his.

Now it was time to find out exactly what rank idiocy Wolfie had dragged him into this time.

TL;DR: Blade FTW

I think the amount off human degredation and disgust that is invilved in this location spurs blade on! His knowledge and cunning coupled with sheer bruite strength i think will jsut be too much for yakon!

Blade

Hard to write after reading Soli's tale. Blade ftw cause he's a badass mudatruckah

Blade to win because Solitaire says so :P

Blade dismebers Yakon 6-0

The next battle will be posted when I'm done sunbathing...

Galvasean wrote: »
    Blade dismebers Yakon 6-0

The next battle will be posted when I'm done sunbathing...

You're a fair-haired Irish man, you were done sunbathing when you got out of bed! I demand more bloodisfaction! :)

Prowl II
    IDW_Prowl.jpg&sa=X&ei=0km4TdLDHs-0hAfQ_oyQDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE_g0QM453JZnebDEsD0MtAoZX61Q

Versus

Jacob Black
    Jacob_Black_Werewolf_form.jpg&sa=X&ei=0Uq4Td_0K4nMhAfjxsWMDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc4pwE&usg=AFQjCNH5Vt-Bw_B103Wvu1CtqvVxRhJ_tQ

@ The Site of the Axalon Crash
    180px-Axalon_crash.jpg&sa=X&ei=gUu4TfmJJ9C7hAfayeyHDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFTbFyUiMEjiRe6PGYCiRw28FIsIA

Jacob Black has become a victim of time shift, a rare phenomenon that sends seemingly random lifeforms, to seemingly random times and places. He finds himself on unfamiliar territory. His only clue is what appears to be some manner of spacecraft in the vicinity. He sneaks aboard where he finds a solitary creature, part machine and part organic, frantically trying to re-assemble something.
    'You are no Maximal I know, a native perhaps... State designation immediately or I will have to take you in.', states the strange looking alien in a robust manner.
    'Maxi-what?', replies Jacob.
    The alien approaches Jacob, who perceiving danger, changes to wolf form and starts posturing. This startles the alien.
    'A Transformer? definitely not Maximal... Predacon!'

Absolute walkover Here, prowl uses all his military starategic knowledge to lure Jacob exactly where he wants him, trap after trap, ambush after ambush... After all the fun he proceeds to rip Jacobs head off! Leaving him in a pool of fake tan and teenagers tears!

prowl II

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

lolz

Prowler FTW, and I don't even know who the fcuk he is. :P

Advertisement