Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The N64 'Back to Basics' Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Mmm.... Hell's finest....

GR is the living exception to "two wrongs don't make a right". He's unashamedly high-tier, trading blows with the meanest SoBs in the metaverse. Quite often when a machiavellian ultra-villain seizes control of whole hordes of supers and uses them to inadvertently TAKE OVER TEH UNIVERSE and none of the supers make a concerted effort to clean their clock GR, able to sniff them out by instict, takes the field and has all the inhabitants of that universe, good and bad, flung at him by a terrified ultravillain in a futile attempt to stop him. And he curb-stomps them all. Single-handed.

This really should have been a shoe-in for Eliphas but he's been drawn against an utter monster; even with his defenses he's gone from shoe-in to taking a shoe-ing :p

Not that its going to be quick or easy, even for GR. GR's hellfire, while powerful, deals fire and vitality damage, and his Penance is purely Vitality-based. Eliphas is extremely resistant to all elements thanks to Tzeench and is totally immune to Vitality effects due to Slaanesh's Soulless perk. Hell, canonically trying to use Penance on a purely evil and/or soulless or deranged being can backfire and damage GR. But at his power level it no longer leaves him stunned and defenseless.

Meanwhile, Eliphas' Storm Bolter is primarily physical with a bit of Vitality imbued in them thanks to the Chaos Projectiles perk. The former is pretty useless against a being that is almost entirely energy-based when narked, and can use his rage and durability to survive their soul-sapping effect. Plasma could scramble him, but sword? Meet chain :D GR has no intent on letting that sword get anywhere near him and his constantly regenerating, shape-shifting chain is going to seriously mess Eliphas up as well as block his sword strikes pretty nicely. After that its simply a matter of GR's tremendous short-range physical/fire offensive wearing the hugely durable but not-quite-invincible Eliphas down just a bit too quick for his regen to catch up. The hellfire will slowly degrade his armor to a point where the chain, used in spear mode, punches some gurt great big holes in Eliphas' head and torso, bad enough even to take down a Nurgle-enhanced Termie.

Its gonna be slow, and its sure as hell gonna be messy, but Eliphas eventually falls to the incarnation of Vengeance. Just stay the hell outta the way of THAT battle 'cuz half of Hell is REALLY gonna burn bright tonight! :eek::D

Ghost Rider FT (narrow) W :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The winner, and still the undisputed king of hell....

GHOSTRIDER!!!!!!

wuvagogy.jpg&sa=X&ei=SZKwTdnTBtGbhQeWtfGgBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFt7Darp8xzqbDvcNngltqPV8K5Aw

Black Cat
    black_cat.jpg&sa=X&ei=FZuwTfP_A82WhQfXxaSEBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHk6-5Efuc0y2yuCO-nx4LaQ7rH8w

Versus

Count Dracula
    300px-dracula1_small.jpg&sa=X&ei=XpuwTZeEGcuBhQfQ643_Bg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4GA&usg=AFQjCNEeWP3fQJEys_gve6oaQveJnQz4ww

@Queens, New York

7train.jpg&sa=X&ei=NZuwTenVBMa2hAfAl-GHBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGTY1F-ELn4CzxyritJCDT7Y_z-cQ

"After an unacceptable act of insubordination (involving Jonathan Harker) Count Dracula needs to replace one of his brides. However, not just any woman is suitable for one such as he. Dracula travels to a far away land in search of a woman of a noble lineage and a warrior's spirit. Black Cat is the object of the Count's wicked desires and she's gonna have to play REALLY hard to get if she wants to stay alive!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dracula has this one. She may be possibly quicker, but Dracula has the power, hypnotic/telepathic/shapeshifting skills and the element of surprise. Drac FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Going to use a very simple logic here. If Morbius can take Black Cat in a fight, then Dracula would destroy her.

He would be too strong, too fast, too experienced, too ruthless, and with her not having any advance warning of his arrival, it would be over quickly regardless of whether we use one of the takes on Stoker's Dracula or Marvel's take on Dracula.

The lovely Felicia Hardy in her tight, figure hugging costume gets served by Dracs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

As per previous votes Drac is way too much for Black Cat.

He will suavely saunter down the street and put her under his spell without her ever knowing what's going on.

3-0

Dracula off to a flier

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Miuss hardy is down before she even knows what hit her.

Dracula wins

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Damn I wub Black Cat so much, as far as comic book sexeh, she's comic book sexeh to the max! I think I'm basing this on the cartoon :)

But yes, she can't hack Dracula. Few can. He's got the experience, the power and the stamina to make her his bride. And Daaaaaamn what a bride she'll be!

What does one get when one is super human AND a vampire? Hmm hmm?

Will she even offer up a fight? Y'see, Felicia really does have a thing about vamps, and not that embarrassment from Twilight either! ;):D:p

Even assuming a fair fight, I don't see even the current iteration of Cat (original superpower tweaked and trained, but with the bonus of advanced ultralight powered armour built into her costume that mimics her secondary set of superpowers - super-speed, super-strength, super-balance and deployable claws - from when she had her hex-field swapped with them) being a match for Drac. She struck me as an interesting mid-tier contender who seems doomed to an early death courtesy of a drastically higher-tier opponent :o

I'm finding it hard to draft up a battle strategy because Cat's up against a type of opponent and offensive strategy (most likely a mindhack in this instance) that really is her specific Achilles' Heel. And she seems to have a thing about them too, which further lowers her psionic resistance. And her own psionic powers are unreliable, often need to stack up over time and are better used against aggressive, hands-on types rather than quick, defensive indirect-attack foes.

Dracula uses Neural Override
    Its super effective!
    Black Cat swoons with desire! :pac:

Dracula FTW :p

• Advertisement

Dracula cruises to an easy 6-0 win

the next battle will be posted shortly...

Venom
    sm_venom.jpg&sa=X&ei=9bywTYzrNcrBhAe84K3rCg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFWkrZT1CHPVjOl_2UP40UreamcHg

Versus

Noob Saibot
    Noob-Saibot.jpg&sa=X&ei=t7ywTdvnKsKyhAeBr4jrCg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEpUZC1UB3Dg3HO0M0WLLYm8TCzAQ

On Board A Space Shuttle!
    transformers-our-favorite-decepticons-20090612033729447-000.jpg&sa=X&ei=jYSxTa2tEJKZhQfrsdzrCg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4cg&usg=AFQjCNE5aKN3wlm0MBaQ9cI7RI5nx9K2pg

"The mysterious ninja Noob Saibot has been tasked with detroying a rare and extremely valuable substance known as Promethium-X from the incoming space shuttle, which is preparing to engage in planet-fall. Teleported on board via mystical means Noob finds that the shuttle's crew is dead and the sample has been contaminated... and has taken on the form of Venom. Plan B: Kill Venom and escape the shuttle before it crashes."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If I read correctly, this Noob guy can teleport, become invisible and steal another's power? Noob wins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Noob takes Venom with ease.......
    That is until he realizes that he has become the new host for the symbiote, and his new partner in life is hungry.
    Venom claims victory.

1 each.

The plot thickens...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Saibot's powerful, but at the end of the day, he's just Sub Zero 1.

Venom uppercuts him with his strength far in advance of Saibots and slurs "Toasty".

Venom takes the initiative.

2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Saibot has plenty of skill and an impressive collection of powers, but he's not up against some martial artist here who'll try to out skill him, he's up against Venom AND in a confined space.

Noob won't have the time to figure out Venom's weakness to sonics and Venom has no powers to steal. Even if Noob conjures up a clone, he won't have the power to stop Venom.

If Venom doesn't kill him in their first encounter, Noob may dodge about a bit, but realistically he's got nowhere to go and venom just needs to get close to kill or consume him

No dice Tobias Boon.

Venom wins.

Oh dear... Subbie, before or after his Noob days, could have taken Venom with his cryomancy, as heavy-gauge elemental attacks are one of the few ways to take out a Symbiote and Sub has that in spades. But Symbiotes are also hugely resistant to low-end elemental attacks, physical effects and are immune to Vitality damage. And Noob is all about Physical and Vitality damage. D'oh.

Noob will put up a spirited defense, wailing at Venom with high-speed kung-fu and a storm of shurikens after realising that his ranged Vitality-based attacks don't do a thing to a Symbiote, but Venom's incredible durability and regen will see him through, and while slightly less agile his superhuman strength ensures that even Noob will go down after a few well-placed and devastatingly strong hits. If Noob lived long enough he could make one last desperate gambit to try and trick Venom into an airlock and give him a taste of atmospheric re-entry but somehow I don't think that Sautéed Symbiote is on the menu tonight, folks :p

Venom FTW

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Noob holds his own against Venom. Venom sensing defeat attempts to bond with Noob.
    but Noob had created a shadow double to lure the symbiote away from its host.

He dissolves the double into a shadow trap to contain the symbiote. Seals it into a container and abandons ship, leaving the container to be destroyed with the ship.

Noob wins.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

Hmmm interesting pic of a space shuttle, looks a lot like a certain triple changer.;)

As for the fight, I cannot see beyond a venom win.

As Solitaire has pointed out, Noob has nothing that can stop Venom. The only thing he has over Venom is speed, and even that is debatable as Venom is only slightly slower and slightly less agile than Spider man.

The only thing that I see as being a big factor in how long the fight lasts is which version of Venom this is, or rather which host.

Of the three main hosts, Brock, Gargan, and Flash Thompson, I see the first two ending the fight quick, and the latter taking a bit longer.

Venom for the win

5-2 to Venom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Noobs abilities will help him to stay alive but I can't see him being to do much more then infuriate Venom. They'll duke it for a while but Venom will eventually rip Noobs head off.

Venom wins 6-2

the next battle will be posted shortly...

Vampire Hunter 'D'
    vampire-hunter-d-special-edition-20071108034938881-000.jpg&sa=X&ei=gzyzTaXNFZGahQep1bjkDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNELHjPlFWBAaE44ymaAmtkWZySjeA

Versus

John Constantine
    Post-329594-1124962570.jpg&sa=X&ei=DD2zTcHUBY63hAeQrqTkDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFF66MPWzqGCdqLTdQj9WAOizwJHg

@ Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland
    -wasteland.jpg&sa=X&ei=UT2zTYvAHtSZhQf6163kDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE2czFF6IgGe_QzH9YwzDDCLgK0dg

"John Constantine finds himself inexorably drawn to all things weird and supernatural. 'D' fits the bill. Constantine interprets 'D' as a vampire of sorts and a threat whom must be destroyed, while 'D' feels similarly about an irresponsible sorcerer. they will have to fight it out!"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sometimestine is waaaaay too wily for D.

I was leaning towards D, mainly because of Left Hand to be honest, then I started thinking about how Constantine wins most of his fights, and of how cunning/sly he is, and I was leaning towards Constantine.

Then one glaringly obvious thing hit me. When Constantine is in a fight against someone who is a highly skilled fighter he generally loses quite badly, and how does D prefer to fight? He tends to prefer to use his his superior physical skills over his magical powers.

So we get a guy with superhuman reflexes, strength, speed and all round fighting skills, against a guy who tends to lose when up aging people with good fighting skills.

Much as I hate to say it, but the character I really like in this pairing is onto a bad thing here, and D should win this handily enough.

D ftw.

2-1 to D

This is an interesting fight. However if Constantine is not the agressor in this scenario i see no way for him to emerge victorious. D is going to continue on his way, victorious once more.

Constantine is waiting in the middle of the road as D approaches. As d comes up to him Constantine calmly lights a cigarette while looking him up and down.
    "You, my friend has pissed off way too many folks. Good-bye."
    With that the ground on the side of the road erupts revealing a dozen heavily
    armed vampires who fall on D with a savage ferocity. When the dust settles a dhampir is dead and Constantine is continuing on his way forgetting to tell his erstwhile allies about the rather large incendiary device he planted in the road bed before their arrival for the ambush.
    "Well, there's thirteen less blights on the face iof the planet now. Sh*t, I'm out of ciggies."

• Advertisement

Correction: 2-1 to Constantine

Advertisement