Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The N64 'Back to Basics' Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Nite-Owl sneaks up stealthily, and trips and falls into the River Lethe(forgetfulness). While he tries to remember who he is and what he was doing Thanatos wakes up and squashes his head.
    Thanatos wins

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Nite Owl...

Nite Owl flies in...

Nite Owl doesn't feck about and immediately bathes Thanatos in a sea of chaingun fire, launches a few missiles and then strafes the Eldritch Abomination up close with the flamethrower and tags him with the afterburners afterwards. Thanks Archie! :pac:

...Nite Owl still loses :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Thanatos wins 4-0

Sauron
    sauron.jpg&sa=X&ei=x4i9TZSUBdGwhAeJvLW5BQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Kw&usg=AFQjCNEOnq3RQXghN31bXox2A9ksgFrXkQ

Versus

Moon Knight
    moon-knight1.jpg&sa=X&ei=aoi9TYi_Ic26hAe1oZnSBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFP7vEOiklkYH2rflwu9lBnvClNGA

@The Cracks of Doom
    Images-2.jpg

"Sensing that the universe requires a new dark lord, Sauron has taken physical form once again. As he prepares to cover all lands with his own brand of darkness the hero Moon Knight prepares a last ditch attempt to stop him before he can summon his armies. As the full moon pierces even the ever present clouds of Mordor, Moon Knight arrives at the Cracks of Doom. His mission, to destroy Sauron."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Mid card Moon Knight has been given a shot against one of the great heels, Sauron. MK had given himself a great advantage by taking Sauron's back-up, The Ring but instead of slowly biding his time and really using this advantage to take out Sauron, MK came in hard and swinging. This one on one slobberknocker took place in Saurons hometown of Mordor, in the Cracks of Doom where Sauron had spent many years honing all his abilities.

There is a major clash of styles with Sauron generally favouring a fear and intimidation approach to gain the upperhand but MK, being a little nuttier than most, was completely unaffected by this. With the moon bright in the sky, MK pushed his reflexes to the max to really take the bigger man off balance. Throwing weapons galore rain in on Sauron as MK looks to soften him before moving for the kill.

Moving in he stomps a mudhole on Sauron, completely ignoring the wounds that are caused by Saurons armour. Sauron looks beat. MK steps away. Is he going to for the easy finish or will he go something spectacular, possibly setting himself up as the new top dog.

But this moment of hesitation may have cost him the match. He had forgotten Saurons signature Magic. Even while injured and doing the Mirkwood and Dol Guldar circuits, he was powerful enough that he could only be taken out by the most powerful groups like the White Council. Sauron just stops MK in his tracks and gets back The Ring. The celebration begins.

It looked to be a squash but MK put on a hell of show. Not enough for today but it shows good signs for the future. Sauron has the crowd in the palm of his hand and it could signs of a title run in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hmmm I was leaning towards a very one sided victory for Sauron, but whilst reading Orim's take on it, it came to me that MoonKnight could win this one.

Sauron in physical form is indeed a fearsome foe. Very powerful in terms of raw strength, and battle hardened.

But he has a major weakness when in physical form which would mean that MK would not have to beat Sauron into submission or death.

Once Sauron in his physical form is seperated from the ring, then he loses the ability to maintain that physical form. So MK has to get the ring or chop it off of Sauron to win rather than having to beat Sauron in combat to win.

Moonknight's skills and toughness, especially if it is the Marc Spector persona at the wheel, should carry him long enough for him to get the ring or to chop off whateverr part of Sauron the ring is attached to, and then the fight is over.

Going to give a vote to the underdog in this fight.

MoonKnight for the win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Kess73 wrote: »
    Hmmm I was leaning towards a very one sided victory for Sauron, but whilst reading Orim's take on it, it came to me that MoonKnight could win this one.

Sauron in physical form is indeed a fearsome foe. Very powerful in terms of raw strength, and battle hardened.

But he has a major weakness when in physical form which would mean that MK would not have to beat Sauron into submission or death.

Once Sauron in his physical form is seperated from the ring, then he loses the ability to maintain that physical form. So MK has to get the ring or chop it off of Sauron to win rather than having to beat Sauron in combat to win.

Moonknight's skills and toughness, especially if it is the Marc Spector persona at the wheel, should carry him long enough for him to get the ring or to chop off whateverr part of Sauron the ring is attached to, and then the fight is over.

Going to give a vote to the underdog in this fight.

MoonKnight for the win.
    This.
    Moon Knight takes the match and Sauron gets a lovely crescent dart in the eye as a consolation prize.

2-1 to Moon Knight

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Just in case this bout finishes before I get back...

Full-power MK, if he has to pop his limiters for a Last Second Save, would curb-stomp a latter-day corporeal Sauron. Sauron isn't a God-tier Super, and at full power MK is stupidly powerful :cool:

Moon Knight FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Tough one. From the off I was sure it'd be one sided... but...

Sauron has the one ring weakspot others have alluded to, but, um, does MK know to go for it? The hand is rarely a spot you'd focus on if you were going for a sneaky one shot super kill.

I'm looking at this with MK without his moon god powers (or whatever it is... I remember reading they were stripped from him.) So he's a mad bastard top end human competitor with gizmos, but Sauron has fought hordes of uber-humans and only gets taken down by chance or those who study him and know of his power.

So I'm going to have MK come at him, but Sauron is too powerful, plus he has an affinity with fire and lava, so I see the location adding greatly to his home advantage, more so that many of the other battles. Don't think MK will manage to do any significant damage before Sauron just kills him.

• Advertisement

3-2 victory for Moon Knight

Jason Todd as Red Hood
    RH_Pistols_02-700x393.jpg&sa=X&ei=xAi_TYXGLYu3hAeAzsC2BQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFbbdUqsGm926pj5-DYllnnNYbUFw

Versus

Michael Morbius
    morbius1.jpg&sa=X&ei=SAq_TafjA5C5hAei77HXBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGbkLkI2BCDLN-6eTUZuXG9W9hZWw

@Gotham City
    work.1391650.1.flat,550x550,075,f.gotham-city.jpg&sa=X&ei=mQq_TaPUN4G2hAfVn4TABQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Jw&usg=AFQjCNH63xOecJyashbKQ0W1noJiZ96LwA

"Michael Morbius has awoken after a long hibernation. To his dismay he has discovered that his research has been 'acquired' by a red masked vigilante. Tirelessly, Morbius has tracked the thief down to Gotham City. Now he is ready to strike..."

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Todd has hometown advantage. He figures out at an early stage in the confrontation about Morbius having a healing factor, and subsequently breaks lots of his bones thus disabling his opponent.

Red Hood wins.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Morbius is a super, albeit a lower level one in many respects.

Jason Todd is human, but one who is pretty much a Batman level human in practically every department, but with the added threat of not having a problem with killing.

So basically we have Morbius tracking down Red Hood after the latter has nicked the former's research.

Which means RH knows what Morbius is, and has a good idea as to what he would be up against should Morbius come after him.

Could Morbius beat Batman? Probably not, so he would most likely not be able to beat the man who is as good as Batman.

Red Hood for the win.

I reckon Red Hood has it. Morbius never struck me as much of a fighter, sure he's got strength and some other whistles, but his hypnosis tricks won't work on RH.

As Kess has said, RH stole the research so is aware of what Morbius is and has probably put in his own research before making his moves. A prepped and ready RH will take down Morbius handily enough. Can't regen limbs Morby? Tough shizz, you gots no legs!

Another for Red Hood.

Batmanesque training and guns. Lots of guns.

Red Hood wins 4-0

The next battle will be posted shortly...

Sam Winchester & Dean Winchester
    supernatural.jpg&sa=X&ei=7W7ATcqaPIOxhQebhP2uBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGMUHYBjlFxnoC35lDCkKGWpBE8lw

Versus

Catwoman
    m.%2Bc.%2Bwyman.%2Bcatwoman.%2B001.jpg&sa=X&ei=mG_ATcmjDYOzhAeyyfyjBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Yg&usg=AFQjCNGPbnMeMeY3BQSnb0kGkMyE9yX17A

@ Vancouver Art Gallery
    vancouver-art-gallery.jpg&sa=X&ei=mnDATfbpJ5GwhAeg_4nHBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGSWI8I9A2dGnxnM_WvW8Y3QMQmEQ

"Catwoman has taken a little vacation in Canada. While in Vancouver she cannot resist a sneaky after hours visit to the art museum to 'sample' some of the artwork. The only thing standing in her way is a pair of plucky investigators who want to get to the bottom of this alleged 'half cat, half woman creature of the night'"

While Dean is busy flirting with the cat Sam comes up from behind and empties a pistol into her head. Winchesters win

The fact that Catwoman is human may throw the boys but considering she's breaking into a museum, I can't see them having too much sympathy.

Neither has shown that much remorse in hitting woman so I imagine they would be well capable of restraining her and calling the cops.

They then leave and go to do what they do every night...try to destroy the world.

• Advertisement

Sam downs some demon blood to boost his telekinesis. He then uses that to drop something heavy on Catwoman.

Dean sighs as the lady in ther skin tight outfit becomes mush.

The Winchesters for the win, and they drive off in the Impala with some Skynyrd blasting out of the speakers.

3-0 to team Winchester

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Dean too busy staring at catwoman, is beat easily. Sam is non-demon Sam version, so is catwoman is a better fighter in this situation.

Catwoman wins.

If you can read this, you're too close!

The Winchesters win 3-1

The next battle will be posted shortly...

Eric Draven AKA The Crow
    Feature_TheCrow-med.jpg&sa=X&ei=FI_CTazKDMiWhQfz9Ji5BQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHz7HAnr8c_5WuiWzsiPtZhDgFVzg

Versus

Goliath
    1102276624.jpg&sa=X&ei=X5LCTcjaJo2BhQeBwu3bCQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4PA&usg=AFQjCNHFTT-QgMbNGjRJ_h_qjcKjs-Vr6A

Versus

IT
    It001.jpg&sa=X&ei=h5DCTejzNIeHhQets_GzBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNF0bU3b-W9pCq61lDz1q7a2yx2rdQ

@ A Dark Alleyway
    dark_alley.jpg&sa=X&ei=qZHCTdX8M8KDhQfj1JC5BQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEMfO9XCYYNOaL9v8JWBRmK_HtCFw

"Sinister forces have brought strange beings to Eric Draven's home town.He confronts two of them in a dark alley..."

Crow and Goliath tag team IT(the only pure evil competitor in this bout). FRollowing a graphic and violent assault Goliath falls prey to Draven's superior combat and regenerative abilities

I think It has to have it.

Goliath is easily duped, I reckon It could manipulate things to make The Crow seem like the bad guy. Goliath has him for strength and I can't see the Crow really being able to do too much damage on Goliath. Goliath normally figures out things in the end, so would probably twig the presence of the Raven, but really Goliath would just notice Draven not dying and would incapacitate him.

More likely It would be invisible, and being a pretty powerful supernatural entity, he'd probably twig the Crow link and take it out of action.

Goliath would then be easy enough work for It, having no magic to call on, and ultimately It will have staying power and wait for Goliath to turn to stone.

It the almighty wins. Insanity +1.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No way is it going to beat either of these guys. They're supernatural entities and not exactly scaredy cats. They'd have nothing to fear from ol spiderclown.

I think the Crow's powers are underrated. I think he'd win.

2 for The Crow
    1 for IT
    0 for Goliath

• Advertisement

It has nothing that ED or Goliath cannot take on. Plus It's greatest weapon, the ability to cause fear is pretty much wasted on those two, forcing It to do battle in it's true spider form. The lame ass clown gets squashed and no eggs are left intact either.

That leave ED to face off with Goliath. Personally I think the Crow can take the Gargoyle, thanks in no small part to his ultra quick regenerative powers.

The Crow ftw.

Advertisement