Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The N64 'Back to Basics' Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Jason is bad-ass but he be seriously outclassed here. Gotta give it to the Witch-King who isn't a camp counselor running for his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

2-0 to that which claims it can be killed by no man

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The Witch King realises something is wrong... something that smells dead, yet not dead... It abruptly leans back in its saddle to see a machete descend through the space its head formerly occupied, tearing through the spine of its fellbeast. Rolling clear of the howling creature's death-throes it contemptuously brushes aside another blow with its mace.

The thing that stands before it seems alive, yet undead. Its slowly regenerating flesh writhes at the edge of its death-mask. The Witch-King would be amused by its new plaything if not for the fact that the stupid creature had killed a valuable fellbeast. Toying with it, the Witch-King unsheathes its beloved Terror Blade, the dark sigils inlaid in the black Mordor damascus flaring to life, creating a wave of burning plasma that sucks the very air away with its hunger. The vacuum shockwave strikes the almost ragdoll-like figure, twisting it terribly, but the Witch-King is displeased to see that it seems to register no pain and does not howl or flail.

The little not-zombie hurls itself at the Witch-King with amazing speed and ferocity, but it is not enough to outpace the vile lich. It swings its blood-stained blade down at the King only to have its thrust blocked by the Terror Blade, its necrotizing energy rusting clean through the machete and snapping it like an aged twig. The mace descends, its stopping power not hampered in the slightest by its mundane nature, hurling the ragged figure to the ground and crushing its torso. Incredibly, it tries to stand once more. Irritated by this persistent insect, the lich steps forward and, wasting no grace or subtlety upon its foe brings its other hand down in a massive overhead slice, bisecting its target from head to crotch. The necrotizing plasma burns clean through to ensure its opponent never rises again.

Witch-King FTW.

3-0

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Jason hacks away at the witch king and the wounds turn out to be fatal due to the blade being coated in the blood of dead women.

Jason wins :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If I remember correctly, all it took was a stab in the face to put down the Witch King. Vorhees also has that awful knack for not staying dead, so I'm willing to give him a vote of confidence her.

Jason FTW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Seeing as the Witch King can only be killed by a weapon used by a woman, Jason cannot win.

Jason can hack and slash all he wants, the Witch King simply cannot die at the hands of a man, living or dead.

Witch King FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ignoring the fact that Jason doesn't have a weapon that can cause the Witch-King to materialise, I actually thing he is in with something of a shout. He is damn near impossible to kill and he wouldn't feel the terror and fear that is one of the Nazguls primary weapons.

However this a creature that was near Gandalf in terms of magical ability. I can't see him being overly threatened by the slow, shambling Jason. A sweep to the legs with his mace and then a quick stab to the heart with the Morgul knife. Fly away and wait for the new and improved wraith Jason to join him.

Witch King FTW

5 - 2

Despite a valiant effort, Jason looks to be in serious trouble

The Witch King finds himself utterly surprised at Jason's seemingly unstoppable attitude and resistance to attacks that would fell even the most powerful of men or elf. However, Jason is finding himself woefully outclassed and in the rare moments when his strikes do land home, they do not register any effect on the Witch King who is now effectively toying with him.
    Not quite sure how best to dispatch of Jason, the Witch King disarms him and has his loyal fell beast frop him in a deep pituntil he can decide what to do with this curious character. He may come in handy in the future.

the Witch King of Angmar wins 6-2.

The next battle will be posted shortly...

• Advertisement

'Anytime' The Jungle Hunter Predator
    20-in-10-predators.jpg&sa=X&ei=wDOuTZ6ODdDrsgbUyunXDA&ved=0CAQQ8wc4FQ&usg=AFQjCNEwBTJa_jh8dV5JtTQsJTaagH40hg

Versus

Daredevil
    250px-Daredevil_65.jpg&sa=X&ei=fTSuTc7ZM4vasgbSh4XYDA&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHMHTuhB374dkZ6mTH0xXsmK7hGzw

@ Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan
    manhattan2.jpg&sa=X&ei=dzauTa-oIs_3sgaPxIjXDA&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFR1_Vcd3_OBOoD8LFRD7cSJoHSHA

"A powerful Predator champion has been dispatched in search of a unusual prey item - A human of uncharacteristic strength and agility whose seemingly natural extra sensory abilities rival those of the various technologies currently employed by the Predator race.
    'A curious individual no doubt... bring me his skull!!' "

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I gotta go with Daredevil in this one. His heightened senses allow him to negate the Predator's greatest advantage(invisibility). By the time he realizes this DD has already strung him up from a light post.

Yep had to be DD. The predator's trick of bending light to become invisible is worthless against DD, and the fact that DD does not carry a firearm may confuse the Predator into thinking he is not a threat, given that the Predator generally does not attack unarmed foes.

DD has gone toe to toe with the likes of Wolverine and Sabretooth in the past and has beaten both in fights, so I think he would find a way to beat a Predator.

Matt Murdock for the win.

0-2

Daredevil takes up the initiative against hisheavily armed foe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

At the start I was 100% going to give it to Predator, but... with some thought...

If Dare Devil is the Predator's main target, he's going to want to take him down in a macho man on man kinda way. His light bending will come to nada against Dare Devil, plus Predator doesn't really have that good close combat skills, I mean yes, he's good at killing, but... he's not very agile and Dare Devil is used to dealing with stronger foes. Also, most of Predators weapons are quite noisy, blades etc will signal themselves coming a mile off.

If Predator just wanted to kill him then maybe DD would be in trouble, but if DD is the skull he's after then I think DD in his own territory will take Predator down nicely.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Same here. I don't see Pred standing on a distant rooftop taking DD's head clean off with a sniper pulse, and after that he's screwed. DD has survived Bullseye/Hawkeye many times and his magnetovisual sense makes shadowlurking and even active stealth camouflage irrelevant. After that its a fistfight punctuated with the odd plasma blast whizzing by, and DD's been through that plenty before and come out on top.

Daredevil FTW.

4-0 to DD,

The Predator is not acustomed to being on the recieving end of such a battering!

It may be too late for Predator but I'm going to have to give it to him. Yes DD will be able to nullify his camouflage but a predator is more then capable of adjusting to a new tactical situation.

Predator might not have DDs agility but he's no slouch. He's can move when he needs to. He proved this when he avoided the massive fire-storm that ripped apart a fairly large section of jungle with only a minor scratch.

I also think that the home/away rule will really make a difference here. DD isn't going to be prepared for a fight on this scale. He won't be defenceless but it's unlikely that he will have the weaponry to put predator down for good. The longer the fight goes the more worn down DD will get and eventually those wrist blades will gut him like a fish. Either that or DD will try to break away and get a plasma bolt right in the back of the head.

Final argument, Predator has dredz. How can you not go for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Predator knows he is being bested by DareDevil so decides to activate his self destruct device, killing them both.

Predator blasts any ledge/wall as DD is ducking and diving, thus reducing the effectiveness of DDs agility.

Predator uses his shoulder cannon to keep DD at a distance and eventually defeat him.

Predator wins.

• Advertisement

It's an interesting one, two stealthy type characters going up against each other. Kess' argument about the Pred not seeing DD as a serious threat is the clincher for me though.

DD FTW

5-2 to Daredevil (pending review)

Predator knows he is being bested by DareDevil so decides to activate his self destruct device, killing them both.

Should this count as a vote for DD and the Predator? :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    Should this count as a vote for DD and the Predator? :D

I'm going to say yes (as will be the case from now on in any such other instances in the tourney).

In that case Daredevil wins 6-3.

The next battle will be posted shortly...

Ghost Rider
    ghostrider_85264.jpg&sa=X&ei=WHCvTePiKoaEhQevl9jeAw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNH0mZouh3_DpN4emLkLwKEBXJ9EDg

Versus

Eliphas the Inheritor
    174605_269394336424_4658706_n.jpg&sa=X&ei=JyCwTbqTJ5KIhQf12YmTBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHPe-b5HmOyCwLIZS2FaY0zN1SrtA

gates_of_hell.jpg&sa=X&ei=jHCvTdrqAoLMhAfO3uz-Bg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE3M_j4TvuYIkqR7BM9ywE6AQYqjQ

"Ghost Rider has been causing quite the stir since his return to the place known as hell. The Warmaster has sent one his most devious minions, Eliphas the Inheritor, back to a place he is all to familiar with to put an end to this insubordination. "

Eliphas is one powerful mofo. The gods blessings have put him on near god-level himself. Early judgement but I'm hard-pressed to see anyone beating him. Certainly not Ghostrider.

As I see it Eliphas is a soulless, deranged killer. As I am aware this would mean that most of Ghostriders powers wouldn't be all that effective against him.

Eliphas would be hard-pressed to kill Ghostrider but that's not his task. He just has to show him that he is unaffected by powers and that there is more powerful. There is also the fact the fight could be a very long one which would lots of bloodletters and no one messes with bloodletters.

Eliphas FTW (But I am open to correction regarding Ghostriders powers)

Considerations have been made and I will accept that perhaps I did not give Ghostrider all that he could be credited with.

Two mighty titans clash before the gates of Hell. As they collide all present are temporarily blinded. When they regain their sight all that remains is a smoldering crater in the ground. At the bottom of the crater is the crushed and mangled remains of Eliphas' armour.

Ghost Rider wins.

Has to be Ghostrider. At his most powerful he became the ultimate ruler of Hell, and got all the powers that came with it, including power over all that have dwelt there.

Plus only one incarnation of GR was hampered when fighting beings with no souls, and that version has long since gained powers on a Galactus level when unleashed in full, and the most recent version of Ghost Rider is a new Vengence, so no matter what version we pick Eliphas is in trouble.

And of course by having this battle in Hell, it is in one of two places that the full power of the Ghost Rider can be unleashed.

Eliphas to be bitchslapped by skullhead.

Ghost Rider ftw

Ghost Rider is on a whole other level of power compared to his opponent.

Ghost Rider wins.

• Advertisement

Kess has me convinced again, Ghost Rider FTW.

Advertisement