Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

hondasam wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be a thread on here and we will all be commenting on it. keep us entertained for awhile.

I hadn't actually thought of that. Huge potential there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭petroltimer

****. I must be a dissident republican.

It's a fair bet dissident republican types will be some of the bigger watchers of it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

will the BBC be showing the commemorations to mark the easter rising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I hadn't actually thought of that. Huge potential there.

I thought of it first but you can have it:D

There will be several threads Id say.

jc84 wrote: »
    But why, if people hav such a problem with the uk why are they watching it, i've never come across irelands got talent in the uk

We don't all have a problem with the UK. Also morbid curiosity and I think I speak for the majority of men when I say we have a collective thing for Ms. Midleton.

They are a much bigger media producer than we are, so we import their television.

There you go, all your questions answered and well in time for dinner. Jolly good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

****. I must be a dissident republican.

Splitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

We got rid of our T.V. a month or three ago. Only had the aul 4 channels anyway as I work at a desk job so hate being inside after work and wasn't getting sky when the one outside can be just as interesting.

Best thing I ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

All this anti-British sentiment recently is getting so out of hand that's it's quite worrying. I barely recognise this country anymore, especially when people are getting so uppity over something as trivial as the royal wedding. It's going to be on during the day on a Friday and will attract an enormous audience, it's not like it's cutting into must-see TV and it's purely a business decision

Maybe you've mistaken Ireland for Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭decies

Going to watch it watched the wedding in 81. I remember the uneducated in Waterford going around wearing stickers #%%## the wedding I support the hunger strikers. One would like to think we are grown up boys and girls now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Could one phonecall get the whole thing cancelled? :D

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »

A Kate Middleton ate my hamster/langer type phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

jc84 wrote: »
    But why, if people hav such a problem with the uk why are they watching it, i've never come across irelands got talent in the uk

Well, the vast majority of people don't have a problem with the UK.

I've never thought of any Ireland / UK history while watching a UK show anyway! Can't see why anyone else would either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

sure if yis dont want to watch it ya can allways change channell O nooooo it's on them all:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Why is this even an issue? It's a massive event and it would be stupid for rte not to cover it. If I wasn't working I'd definitely watch it.

fontanalis wrote: »
    A Kate Middleton ate my hamster/langer type phone call?

No an Aintree Grand National in 1997 type phone call :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

All this anti-British sentiment recently is getting so out of hand that's it's quite worrying. I barely recognise this country anymore, especially when people are getting so uppity over something as trivial as the royal wedding. It's going to be on during the day on a Friday and will attract an enormous audience, it's not like it's cutting into must-see TV and it's purely a business decision

thats just on boards. I thought racism, bigottry and idiocy (well not idiocy) were comparitively rare in Ireland untill i started on here. Out in the real world people arent as anti british as they were 20 years ago.

that being said the most vitriolic anti-monarchist republicans I know are British

Don't give the lunatics ideas.

I wonder will this be broadcast in that pub where they had the anti-royal visit sign up? Probably.

No an Aintree Grand National in 1997 type phone call :P

I don't want to hear what you do to horses

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Kunle wrote: »
    I was disgusted to read today that RTE ONE Television will have live coverage the royal wedding, Why are they doing this? Would they cover a royal wedding in Norway? What have those brits who were born with a sliver spoon in their mouth got to do with us? Why would us Irish want to watch that trash?

Its the people like you that get their jocks/panties in a twist over it that amuse me - who cares, really??? Find something else to get into a state over. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

that being said the most vitriolic anti-monarchist republicans I know are British

That would be me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

People saying rte will bring in a fortune in advertisments showing this, thats rubbish what do you think they'll do say hang on there will and kate rte are just going for an add break.

Its completely wrong that our national broadcaster would show this if people want to watch this they have plenty of other options the best one being move to england

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

The RA only wanted to cancel that race because of their animal rights agenda. Like that time they liberated Shergar and bombed manchester because Marks and Spencers sold leather shoes.

Bunch of hippies those IRA lads, sure even Gerry Adams has admitted to hugging trees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

cosanostra wrote: »
    Its completely wrong that our national broadcaster would show this if people want to watch this they have plenty of other options the best one being move to england

I've a better idea. Rte cover it and people don't have to move. Everyone wins!

The horses were not affected!

Landsleaving, it won't be on in the Players Lounge, tbh that place is lucky to be open at the mo anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

cosanostra wrote: »
    People saying rte will bring in a fortune in advertisments showing this, thats rubbish what do you think they'll do say hang on there will and kate rte are just going for an add break.

why?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

what day is this wedding on even?

That's entertainment, weddings are boring, even more so when you're not invited to it to get pissed!!!

I wonder if Daithi O'Se will be doing the voiceover, "Chrisht she lookin' fair well today, wahey!"
    now that would be helliorious Daithi O' Shea doing a voiceover id definetley watch it then.....a would ya feach ar william agus a bean a' siul amach as an t'seapail feach ar sin lads ta bulge mor ina briasti go on ya good thing:D:D:p:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

what day is this wedding on even?

Buy the RTÉ Guide for yourself and find out. :pac:

ill be out gettin a few cycling miles up gettin some fresh air who wants to be stuck in watching tv on a saturday especiallly in this good weather carpe diam:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

you can watch it on BBC1 or 2 anyway over here, why do RTE need to show it.

Are there still people who don't get BBC over here?

Yes - I have SAORVIEW, so I only receive the RTE channels. And since the BBC provide programming for the Irish community in the UK, it is reasonable for RTE to provide programming for the British community in Ireland.

Even if not one single Irish person was interested in it, RTE still has a responsibility to the wider population.

Advertisement