Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

True, and it's probably on at 11am or something on a Friday morning, hardly prime time for ratings so this should be a huge boost.

I remember the Charles Diana wedding was also on RTE back in 1981

As was Prince Andrew's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kunle wrote: »
    Would they cover a royal wedding in Norway??
    I'd actually like to see that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

What have those brits who were born with a sliver spoon in their mouth got to do with us? Why would us Irish want to watch that trash?
    Because they're our betters? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I think the real question is why are they spending licence fee money on things that are already been broadcast on other channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

It's a load of poo, but it'll do big numbers and it's no less relevant than an Eastenders ominbus or a premiership match.

I'm sure it'll pay for itself in advertising.

It's one of a long lists of events/shows I won't watch/like on RTE but it makes sense for them to show it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I was disgusted to read today that RTE ONE Television will have live coverage the royal wedding, Why are they doing this? Would they cover a royal wedding in Norway? What have those brits who were born with a sliver spoon in their mouth got to do with us? Why would us Irish want to watch that trash?

Radical solution to this pressing issue:

DONT WATCH IT

Omg it works! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

I always think it's telling that people like the OP here obviously think the Irish need to be saved from their own desires. Because I'd bet my* limited edition William & Kate jacks roll holder that it'll be a ratings hit for RTE.

Why? Because like a lot of people, we're very nosey about our neighbours and still have a fascination with their traditions. That doesn't mean we want to become Stella-swigging, Vauxhall-driving actual British people!

*non-existent

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

"slag" that's a bit strong, if you've got any evidence of Kate girl been so you could make a lot of money give the SUN a call and see if they listen to your ramblings

I wonder she first saw in the millionaire Prince William :rolleyes:

Oh and good afternoon Mr Middleton :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

BREAKING NEWS: Kleenex has airlifted 30 tons of tissues to Kevin Myers's house so that he can **** and cry over the Royal Wedding at the same time.

The used tissues will then be recycled to print his columns, with one lucky used tissue being nominayed to the Seanad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

caseyann wrote: »
    I agree,i am not paying for a tv licence to watch that cods wallop.If they had anyone famous here and covered their wedding i would be pissed off aswell.
    I am not paying for tv for that rubbish to be shown.And their tv listings are bad majority of time.
    I hardly imagine they asked if people want to watch it.:mad:

If you're not paying then why do you give a fcuk?

I've never paid for a licence and never will. Hence, I never give two fcuks what tripe RTE decide to show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

caseyann wrote: »
    I agree,i am not paying for a tv licence to watch that cods wallop.If they had anyone famous here and covered their wedding i would be pissed off aswell.
    I am not paying for tv for that rubbish to be shown.And their tv listings are bad majority of time.
    I hardly imagine they asked if people want to watch it.:mad:

you pay the tv licence, haha! :pac:

silly people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

People still watch RTE? Sure its full of rubbish anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

I was disgusted to read today that RTE ONE Television will have live coverage the royal wedding, Why are they doing this? Would they cover a royal wedding in Norway? What have those brits who were born with a sliver spoon in their mouth got to do with us? Why would us Irish want to watch that trash?

Is it any wonder our country is in such an economic crisis when we have people out there like you who will never think with a business brain; but rather have the ignorant attitude of "I dont like it therefore we shouldnt invest in it". And I bet if you had your way you'd cancel the likes of Fair City and the Late Late as well.

No doubt the wedding will have a huge amount of the audience share for that time of day. RTE will get a good return from advertising (Im positive a lot more than what it will actually cost to air the wedding). Its all about the profit. And if RTE achieve this by broadcasting the wedding well the its nonsensical of you to criticise them for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

I would rather chop all my limbs off than watch that dirt.....Like the OP said, if it was anywhere else we wouldn't care, and Britain are last on my 'list of royal weddings to care about', so.....

But you'll probably buy Hello, or OK or tune in to sky news to see what the dress is like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

kfallon wrote: »
    I wonder she first saw in the millionaire Prince William :rolleyes:

And I wonder what he saw in the fab looking, fertile young lady who's willing to carry an heir to the throne and put up with intrusion and speculation on a daily basis?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

whats your take on eastenders or coronation street or emerdale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I hardly ever watch RTE it's BBC,ITV,Channel 4 for me great tv

I like the Royle family they put on good weddings
    my Dad does'nt give a **** when the football is on it's all are'nt
    the English great fair play to them

Feeona wrote: »
    put up with intrusion and speculation on a daily basis?

I'm sure being a millionaire and being waited on hand and foot will be of some comfort to her in her 'difficult' life ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I will probably watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Ye people make me laugh, giving out about this and yet ye watch all other english programs, the premiership, eastenders etc.

• Advertisement

Ye people make me laugh, giving out about this and yet ye watch all other english programs, the premiership, eastenders etc.

They are made/shown specifically for entertainment, if Mary from Clondalkin was marrying Peter from Inchicore would you expect it to be on TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

KerranJast wrote: »
    Kates a stone cold FQILF. Trademarked acronym btw.

Exactly. I might watch in the hope of a nipslip :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

hondasam wrote: »
    I will probably watch it.

Me too. Few beers, some commemorative porcelain. Great day in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

bonerm wrote: »
    Prince William is in the Premier League of eligible bachelors and Kate Middleton has that X-Factor.

I like what you did there.

Sure why waste time showing such a british event like the wedding? It not like Irish channels show stuff like eastenders, soccer games or I'm a celebrity...

... Oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

kfallon wrote: »
    I'm sure being a millionaire and being waited on hand and foot will be of some comfort to her in her 'difficult' life ahead!

And I'm sure having a fit, healthy and attractive heir to the throne will be of comfort to him in his dying days.

Quid pro quo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

i love watching the royal family, your man Jim is gas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I for one will not watch the royal wedding on RTE.

I will watch it on BBC, like normal people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

RTE will do anything to avoid having to come up with original programming
    that's why they show so much football. And almost every match of the world cup

Feeona wrote: »
    And I'm sure having a fit, healthy and attractive heir to the throne will be of comfort to him in his dying days.

Quid pro quo

You insinuating she's a black widow type :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

up the ra

Advertisement