Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

kfallon wrote: »
    You insinuating she's a black widow type :pac:

No, you are :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Kunle wrote: »
    I was disgusted to read today that RTE ONE Television will have live coverage the royal wedding, Why are they doing this? Would they cover a royal wedding in Norway? What have those brits who were born with a sliver spoon in their mouth got to do with us? Why would us Irish want to watch that trash?
    This is a new low. Absolutely disgusting from RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I feel sorry for the millions of anti-royals in the UK who must be getting this sh1t rammed down their throats 24/7 and can't escape it.

Anyway, RTE's the same as the royal family, it also being made up of overpaid over-privileged inbreds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I couldn't give a flying **** about who is showing this wedding. I will enjoy the day off like all of my friends across the water.
    Rodin wrote: »
    And almost every match of the world cup

Every match that got good ratings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Me too. Few beers, some commemorative porcelain. Great day in.

I'm sure there will be a thread on here and we will all be commenting on it. keep us entertained for awhile.

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    whats your take on eastenders or coronation street or emerdale?
    These programmes appeal to morons. And I MEAN morons of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

hondasam wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be a thread on here and we will all be commenting on it. keep us entertained for awhile.

Me bollix, we'll all be balls/gee deep in the Guineas form to try find the winners for the weekend, oh yes!

Feeona wrote: »
    No, you are :p

I was not, I was merely reading between the lines of your last post :P

Me bollix, we'll all be balls/gee deep in the Guineas form to try find the winners for the weekend, oh yes!

I bet you will start the thread. you will definitely comment on it.

Sky news will have a banning order in this house for about 3 days before and after this shoite.Whats so special about these people anyway??? Their persecution of Catholics is ongoing to this day, whereby a king:o or queen:o cant be a Catholic. Yet you'll have imbeciles over here fawning over a dress or some stupid bloody meaningless ring.Rant over:mad:

• Advertisement

I bet you will start the thread. you will definitely comment on it.

I will.......in me hairy ballsack! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I've a pain in my ring with all this Brit bashing. Seriously folks, this sort of nonsense ain't gonna get us anywhere. Move the fcuk on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Sky news will have a banning order in this house for about 3 days before and after this shoite.Whats so special about these people anyway??? Their persecution of Catholics is ongoing to this day, whereby a king:o or queen:o cant be a Catholic. Yet you'll have imbeciles over here fawning over a dress or some stupid bloody meaningless ring.Rant over:mad:

I think anyone who believes in transubstatiation shouldn't have the power to make important decissions.

..not that the queen makes any decissions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ah now, no one is forcing you watch it. Switch channels, go for a walk, do some shopping or clean the house.

But you never know, it might also be a bit of fun. Get a few six packs, invite round the mates, throw on the bbq and hope she says no at the altar!

jester77 wrote: »
    But you never know, it might also be a bit of fun. Get a few six packs, invite round the mates, throw on the bbq and hope she says no at the altar!

Eastenders is on at 7.30pm that night, this is real life, she won't be saying no at the altar to a pampered life! I'd say her folks would disown her if she did!

flanzer wrote: »
    I've a pain in my ring with all this Brit bashing. Seriously folks, this sort of nonsense ain't gonna get us anywhere. Move the fcuk on
    You would do well to pick up a history book and proceed to read it.You might then know what youre talking about;)

You would do well to pick up a history book and proceed to read it.You might then know what youre talking about;)

history being the operative word

It's just two people getting married. what is the harm in watching it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Rodin wrote: »
    RTE will do anything to avoid having to come up with original programming
    that's why they show so much football. And almost every match of the world cup

RTÉ's coverage of the World Cup beats everyone else hands down.
    A shítload of England fans tuned into it last summer to follow their team rather than sit through the bland tripe on offer from British broadcasters.

As for the wedding, its is one of the big TV events of the year and hugely popular with hundreds of thousands of people in Ireland whether we like it or not.
    RTÉ would be crazy not to profit from it.

I suspect most people moaning about it here have a chip on their shoulder because its a British thing and they are one sentence away from mentioning 800 years of conquest and suffering. FFS get over it.

Either that, or they are genuinely upset at missing out on their regular Friday morning tv programmes. In which case - get a fcuking life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hang them all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Kunle wrote: »
    I was disgusted to read today that RTE ONE Television will have live coverage the royal wedding, Why are they doing this? Would they cover a royal wedding in Norway? What have those brits who were born with a sliver spoon in their mouth got to do with us? Why would us Irish want to watch that trash?

I don't agree with it either. A waste of money that's in short supply. But - hey....no recession in RTE. But you have a choice. It's called the on/off switch. Mine will be firmly in the off position.

It's just two people getting married. what is the harm in watching it.
    When I was getting married, I wasnt being filmed by RTE. IM Irish-I pay for my TV licence.Why should 2(non tv licence paying people) from a foreign country have their wedding filmed?Why anyone would want to watch this farce is beyond belief(especially Irish people):confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭seanmc1980

They are made/shown specifically for entertainment, if Mary from Clondalkin was marrying Peter from Inchicore would you expect it to be on TV?
    and the wedding is shown specifically for entertainment?? whats your point?
    This is a new low. Absolutely disgusting from RTE.
    why? because they are showing some guile and cashing in on the advertising revenues they can generate on an otherwise loss making friday morning?

the educated vast majority of people don't care about the past ireland has with the english. A few extremeists are still banging on about 800 years but really everyone is over it. long live the queen, the Ra is dead!

history being the operative word
    Well Im proud of the people who died for this countrys freedom. History or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

caseyann wrote: »
    I agree,i am not paying for a tv licence to watch that cods wallop.If they had anyone famous here and covered their wedding i would be pissed off aswell.
    I am not paying for tv for that rubbish to be shown.And their tv listings are bad majority of time.
    I hardly imagine they asked if people want to watch it.:mad:

So then don't pay your TV license?

Alternatively i would suggest you embrace the concept that a TV license is a tax on a piece of technology and the ownership thereof as opposed to something which gives you a say in what RTE show, or a reason for RTE to give even the remotest **** about what you think.

seanmc1980 wrote: »
    and the wedding is shown specifically for entertainment?? whats your point?

why? because they are showing some guile and cashing in on the advertising revenues they can generate on an otherwise loss making friday morning?

the educated vast majority of people don't care about the past ireland has with the english. A few extremeists are still banging on about 800 years but really everyone is over it. long live the queen, the Ra is dead!
    You sir are a moron.That is indisputable. An absolute moron.

Mod: poster banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

They are made/shown specifically for entertainment, if Mary from Clondalkin was marrying Peter from Inchicore would you expect it to be on TV?

Well this is actually a real life event, and believe it or not alot of people that pay tv licence actually will want to see it.

No matter if you like it or not, this will be a piece of history created that will be long remembered.

Now i wont be watching it, but no harm showing it.

And if people dont want to be watching, well get up off their arse and do something useful on Friday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

It's only fair! Why the hell did they show the inauguration of the Barack Obama?

Like I want to see some guy be sworn in as president!

I for one will be taking the day off work to watch it. Just a shame that we didnt get a public holiday like the rest of Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

When I was getting married, I wasnt being filmed by RTE. IM Irish-I pay for my TV licence.Why should 2(non tv licence paying people) from a foreign country have their wedding filmed?Why anyone would want to watch this farce is beyond belief(especially Irish people):confused:

Why have a Scottish stadium as a username? Why anything?

• Advertisement

Well Im proud of the people who died for this countrys freedom. History or not.

Good for you. I dont know how you can be proud as you never did it yourself. But ho hum.

Advertisement