Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    You would do well to pick up a history book and proceed to read it.You might then know what youre talking about;)

Judging by your username, if this you in this photo???

http://www.bifsniff.com/wp-content/files/2007/02/mail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Luxie wrote: »
    Why have a Scottish stadium as a username? Why anything?
    Ha ha.:D. Another one for the historians here. Read up on the history of Glasgow Celtic Football Club. Founded by an Irishman for the Irish who landed in Glasgow as a result of being forced out of their homes in Ireland by the British oppressors. You see.History IS relevent.Very relevant despite what some imbeciles think;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Ha ha.:D. Another one for the historians here. Read up on the history of Glasgow Celtic Football Club. Founded by an Irishman for the Irish who landed in Glasgow as a result of being forced out of their homes in Ireland by the British oppressors. You see.History IS relevent.Very relevant despite what some imbeciles think;)

Glasgow Celtic are not relevant to anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

seanmc1980 wrote: »
    and the wedding is shown specifically for entertainment?? whats your point?

why? because they are showing some guile and cashing in on the advertising revenues they can generate on an otherwise loss making friday morning?

the educated vast majority of people don't care about the past ireland has with the english. A few extremeists are still banging on about 800 years but really everyone is over it. long live the queen, the Ra is dead!

I can't stand the over the top nationalistic nonsense; but why the hell would you say long live the unelected inbred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

flanzer wrote: »
    Judging by your username, if this you in this photo???

http://www.bifsniff.com/wp-content/files/2007/02/mail.jpg
    Ha ha:D.Im not a bigot and Im certainly not stupid.Not me. Sorry to disappoint:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Still a Scottish football team though. In the SCOTTISH Premier League, ya know?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You sir are a moron.That is indisputable. An absolute moron.

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

It's a business decision. I'm sure the folks in RTE know that the majority couldn't give a fook about the wedding. Having said that though, there will be a large number tuned in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭seanmc1980

Well Im proud of the people who died for this countrys freedom. History or not.

again died, it was 100 years ago, get over it. past is the past. look at the mess we got ourselves into with freedom!
    You sir are a moron.That is indisputable. An absolute moron.

elaborate? Why am i moron? beacuse i dont care about irish republicianism anymore.

nice name by the way, really irish, think it shows who the ignorant one is supposting a british team lol classic!!! un-educated irish republician. are you the guy who wore the cetic jersey to the ban foreign sports rally a while back lol, look to the future my friend, you will be left behind cos nobody cares anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

you can watch it on BBC1 or 2 anyway over here, why do RTE need to show it.

Are there still people who don't get BBC over here?

How much advertising revenue do RTE get by not showing a program that BBC are showing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Founded by an Irishman

And built buy local volunteers including British people....which might not suit the tone of your posting but **** it, you seem to be mad for the auld history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Luxie wrote: »
    Still a Scottish football team though. In the SCOTTISH Premier League, ya know?:D

Rules by the Queen of England none the less!

fontanalis wrote: »
    I can't stand the over the top nationalistic nonsense; but why the hell would you say long live the unelected inbred?

just winding up the ra head!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyway, for a group of channels (RTE) that apparently no one on boards watches because they are so ****, theres an awful lot of upetty people getting arsey about what they are showing.

Won't you think of the anti monarchists (apart from Tory Island), the next time you be so reckless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Won't you think of the anti monarchists (apart from Tory Island), the next time you be so reckless :)

The Fomorians?:eek:

Is Balor going to be at the wedding. I'd watch it if he got out his lazer eye and was all like *peow* *peow*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Banned.

So with PARKHEAD gone, is anyone gonna watch it. I didn't want to mention it until he was gone. My 10 year old cousin is singing at it!! He's in the queens choir. I'm proud of the little fecker!

The funny thing is about the whole thing is his great-grandfather and grand uncles were original IRA members from Cavan and surrounding counties. I remember going to funerals years ago and the coffins were draped in the tricolour with some lad blowing a horn at the graveside! There is a chance they turning in their graves right now! But what's left of our family on this earth is extremely proud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

nice name by the way, really irish, think it shows who the ignorant one is supposting a british team lol classic!!! un-educated irish republician. are you the guy who wore the cetic jersey to the ban foreign sports rally a while back lol, look to the future my friend, you will be left behind cos nobody cares anymore!!

Flame again and you will also be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

So with PARKHEAD gone, is anyone gonna watch it. I didn't want to mention it until he was gone. My 10 year old cousin is singing at it!! He's in the queens choir. I'm proud of the little fecker!

The funny thing is about the whole thing is his great-grandfather and grand uncles were original IRA members from Cavan and surrounding counties. I remember going to funerals years ago and the coffins were draped in the tricolour with some lad blowing a horn at the graveside! there is a change they turning in their graves! But what's left of our family on this earth is extremely proud :)
    Jayzus I say they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

Anyway, for a group of channels (RTE) that apparently no one on boards watches because they are so ****, theres an awful lot of upetty people getting arsey about what they are showing.
    It's because nobody wants Britain to think we care about them enough to show the royal wedding on national television.

Can't say I'm that bothered, or that excited...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

The funny thing is about the whole thing is his great-grandfather and grand uncles were original IRA members from Cavan and surrounding counties. I remember going to funerals years ago and the coffins were draped in the tricolour with some lad blowing a horn at the graveside! There is a chance they turning in their graves right now! But what's left of our family on this earth is extremely proud :)
    That's the PERFECT example of what the phrase turning in their grave was invented for!

will do, its just that over the top nationalism just winds me up and shows how far some people in our country have to come to be active member of a modern society.

I won't be watching the weddding becuse i'll be in work. if i wasn't in work i wouldn't be watching it as i just dont have any interest in it, but i will defend RTE's right to show it!

The Fomorians?:eek:

Is Balor going to be at the wedding. I'd watch it if he got out his lazer eye and was all like *peow* *peow*

Fomorians with fricking laser beams; worth cutting Tubridys salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

All this anti-British sentiment recently is getting so out of hand that's it's quite worrying. I barely recognise this country anymore, especially when people are getting so uppity over something as trivial as the royal wedding. It's going to be on during the day on a Friday and will attract an enormous audience, it's not like it's cutting into must-see TV and it's purely a business decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭petroltimer

Why would the wedding bother anyone, won't most people in Ireland be at work?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Why is it such a big deal, they show britains got talent live in ireland, now that i can't understand

jc84 wrote: »
    Why is it such a big deal, they show britains got talent live in ireland, now that i can't understand

Probably the talent bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

jc84 wrote: »

How can you not understand it? It's a massive ratings grabber.

Pretty simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Everyone in Ireland has to watch it. You're automatically a dissident republican if you don't.

****. I must be a dissident republican.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

How can you not understand it? It's a massive ratings grabber.

Pretty simple really.

But why, if people hav such a problem with the uk why are they watching it, i've never come across irelands got talent in the uk

Advertisement