Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

tippspur wrote: »
    We got a couple of things done in there,very good I have to say.

Only hearsay from family and friends,but not positive feedback from a value ratio to quality point of view. I'm bringing my wedding dress to be altered at Jurgita's beside tom skinnys on market st. I've heard very good things about her and met her a couple of months ago to discuss my alterations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Wellyd wrote: »
    Has anybody ever used the zip yard on O'Connell street for alterations? I need a dress altered in the next few days and I'm looking for reviews or recommendations for anyone in Clonmel that would be able to help me with a dress.

I got a zip done on a jacket, terrible job. I received a text to say it was ready and when I got there, it wasn't ready and when 10 minutes later they said it was now ready, I still couldn't do the zip up. I wouldn't recommend them. If I hadn't paid first, before they did the job, they wouldn't have got paid at all!

AK333 wrote: »
    I got a zip done on a jacket, terrible job. I received a text to say it was ready and when I got there, it wasn't ready and when 10 minutes later they said it was now ready, I still couldn't do the zip up. I wouldn't recommend them. If I hadn't paid first, before they did the job, they wouldn't have got paid at all!

was trying to be polite in my previous post but basically this echoes everything I've heard about this place!!!

maryfred wrote: »
    was trying to be polite in my previous post but basically this echoes everything I've heard about this place!!!

I was being polite :D

I could have said that the manager/owner was trying to pass on instructions to someone whose first language wasn't English/irish, and the job I wanted done wasn't getting done at all. If you employ people in a service industry, please make sure you can communicate because if you can't, what's the point. The machinist didn't know what job I wanted done and the manager couldn't converse with her to explain it. It was a joke, only I wasn't laughing :mad:

Has anybody ever used the zip yard on O'Connell street for alterations? I need a dress altered in the next few days and I'm looking for reviews or recommendations for anyone in Clonmel that would be able to help me with a dress.
    On Mary Street, where the cobbler used be, there is a great girl. Reasonabley priced, fast and most important, great job. I don't know her name, but my other half got a suit taken in after he'd lost a lot of weight, both trousers and jacket and you'd never know. Other friends have had bits and bobs done and no complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Only hearsay from family and friends,but not positive feedback from a value ratio to quality point of view. I'm bringing my wedding dress to be altered at Jurgita's beside tom skinnys on market st. I've heard very good things about her and met her a couple of months ago to discuss my alterations.

Would agree completely about Jurgita.. Know her for years now and cannot recommend her enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thanks everyone for the recommendations! I'll be calling in to see Jurgita tomorrow to see if she can help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whitelight

Anyone else notice how many stray cats are around the town recently some in rotten condition.is the council
    in charge of getting rid of them or who?

whitelight wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how many stray cats are around the town recently some in rotten condition.is the council

Yes I have, around Gordon Street Car Park is quite bad. Would the Dog Impound guy be responsible for all stray animals or just dogs? Give County Hall a call and they'll tell you.

AK333 wrote: »
    Yes I have, around Gordon Street Car Park is quite bad. Would the Dog Impound guy be responsible for all stray animals or just dogs? Give County Hall a call and they'll tell you.

Thanks will do.it just if they were dogs they would be gone by now.i love animals but cats spread diseases they are breeding out of control and it actually cruelty to let it go on.plus someone is trying to feed some in the car park down that street and is leaving rubbish everywhere afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

Well since Clonmel is now run out of Loweryville (Thurles) I wouldnt be too hopeful of services this far south being a high priority.

touts wrote: »
    Well since Clonmel is now run out of Loweryville (Thurles) I wouldnt be too hopeful of services this far south being a high priority.

Great...... Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Where are you getting the idea that Clonmel is being run out of Lowryville ?
    Or any other "ville" for that matter !

Vizzy wrote: »
    Where are you getting the idea that Clonmel is being run out of Lowryville ?
    Or any other "ville" for that matter !

Pretty much all the decision making offices and officers have centralised in the old Tipp north with little more than basic customer services desks left in the old Tipp South. When tight budgets are being divided up by the ex-Tipp North officials where do you think Clonmel will come in the pecking order? But its an old argument that the south lost a couple of years ago.

So, Lowry is responsible for the wild cats of Clonmel? Nothing to do with the silly moos who feed these vermin?

So, Lowry is responsible for the wild cats of Clonmel? Nothing to do with the silly moos who feed these vermin?

Hee hee!!

It has lots to do with the silly moos. But unfortunately life is full of silly moos who care little for the impact of their actions on others. You need the services provided by a council to clean up the mess made by silly moos so that reaponsible members of society dont have to live with that mess. With the current economic situation those services have been cut to the bone already and I fear that will only get worse under the new structures. The cat problem (and I agree that there is one as I have seen lots prowling about) should never have gotten to the stage it is at but I think it is a visual manifestation of lots of cutbacks under the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I blame Kilkenny for letting all those Cats loose (in every sense of the word) in Clonmel.

Of course Phil Hogan T.D. from Kilkenny was Minister of the Environment at the time, so what could we expect.

Now that we have our very own Minister of the Environment, Alan Kelly T.D. who holds regular Clinics in Hearn's Hotel, Clonmel, I am sure we can prevail upon him to use his good offices to have these Cats deported once again to Kilkenny!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Pretty much all the decision making offices and officers have centralised in the old Tipp north with little more than basic customer services desks left in the old Tipp South. When tight budgets are being divided up by the ex-Tipp North officials where do you think Clonmel will come in the pecking order? But its an old argument that the south lost a couple of years ago.

Fraid not- the services are basically split between Nenagh and Clonmel ( Thurles doesn't even feature) with a "main office" for the service in Clonmel and a more sub office in Nenagh and vice versa for the services based in Nenagh. The director of service is based in the "main office" but would spend some time in the sub office, obviously.
    There are basically 4 services headquartered in Clonmel and 4 in Nenagh.
    Ironically, the Environment section who deal with stray dogs is based in Clonmel so if the Council deal with stray cats, then,using your logic we should be grand in Clonmel. Wouldn't like to be living in Roscrea if I had a stray cat problem :D:D

Vizzy wrote: »
    Fraid not- the services are basically split between Nenagh and Clonmel ( Thurles doesn't even feature) with a "main office" for the service in Clonmel and a more sub office in Nenagh and vice versa for the services based in Nenagh. The director of service is based in the "main office" but would spend some time in the sub office, obviously.
    There are basically 4 services headquartered in Clonmel and 4 in Nenagh.
    Ironically, the Environment section who deal with stray dogs is based in Clonmel so if the Council deal with stray cats, then,using your logic we should be grand in Clonmel. Wouldn't like to be living in Roscrea if I had a stray cat problem :D:D

We could bag them up and send them to Dublin, might cure the gull problem their having!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Thanks will do.it just if they were dogs they would be gone by now.i love animals but cats spread diseases they are breeding out of control and it actually cruelty to let it go on.plus someone is trying to feed some in the car park down that street and is leaving rubbish everywhere afterwards.
    I saw a woman pull up in a car in Gordon place car park and go to her boot and take out cat food and put some on the ground to feed all the cats there.I thought it was very nice of her.

I said it before,and I'll say it again....The town is gone to the cats:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I got 2 things altered in Jurgitas..and wasn't happy with either, found the girl on Mary street (near the sisters) to be much better...opposite O Mearas beauty salon (same one Maryanne84 mentioned) Very good value too. Have heard the Zip yard arn't great so havn't tried them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

There is nobody in Clonmel who wants anything to do with cats as there are too many. I've tried all the charities they don't have the funds to help. Ended up adopting 2 myself(originally strays) and had them sorted at the vets so no more kitties from them . Basically I see it as poor pet ownership and responsibility to allow cats breed indiscriminately. On a positive note, no mice around.... But they do a lot of damage to our wildbirds.

solerina wrote: »
    I got 2 things altered in Jurgitas..and wasn't happy with either, found the girl on Mary street (near the sisters) to be much better...opposite O Mearas beauty salon (same one Maryanne84 mentioned) Very good value too. Have heard the Zip yard arn't great so havn't tried them myself

As with many things,it's often a matter of good/bad luck whether things go well or not. I'm certainly hoping that Jurgita lives up to what I've been told about her.Although the alterations needed to my wedding dress are minor,so I don't anticipate a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

As with many things,it's often a matter of good/bad luck whether things go well or not. I'm certainly hoping that Jurgita lives up to what I've been told about her.Although the alterations needed to my wedding dress are minor,so I don't anticipate a problem.

I totally agree! I went in today with my dress and the girl there was very nice and helpful so here's hoping when I get it back I'll be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

I said it before,and I'll say it again....The town is gone to the cats:D
    even the dogs in the street know that

I totally agree! I went in today with my dress and the girl there was very nice and helpful so here's hoping when I get it back I'll be happy!

Was it a wedding dress?Did she give any indication of what it would cost? I hadn't thought of the cost of altering it. I just need mine taken up and the inside strapless part taken in on the bust and 2 straps added so I'm hoping it won't be too astronomical in price!!

• Advertisement

Quick thank you to South Tipperary General Hospital, St Monica's Ward.

Had minor op and everything went as planned. Place was spotless, staff rushed of their feet but very efficient and pleasant, food was basic but ladies very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Oh and by the way, the theatre staff / doctors / anesthetist very professional.

I'm posting this because if I have bad service (see post above on Zip shop) I'm one of the first to complain loudly and publicly about it so in the spirit of fairness, I'm posting a thank you for good service.

Advertisement