Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

maryfred wrote: »
    Was it a wedding dress?Did she give any indication of what it would cost? I hadn't thought of the cost of altering it. I just need mine taken up and the inside strapless part taken in on the bust and 2 straps added so I'm hoping it won't be too astronomical in price!!

No it wasn't a wedding dress. Just a dress that I'm wearing to a wedding!! She's adjusting the side zip and the bust for me and it's €15 which I thought was quite reasonable. I'm sure she'll give you a clear indication of price before she starts any work so you should definitely have a good idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Can anyone recommend a good sunbed place in Clonmel? Either a beauticians or one of the stand alone places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Can anyone recommend a good sunbed place in Clonmel? Either a beauticians or one of the stand alone places.

The one on Emmett St near Cartridge Green is good. I go there before my hols to get a base and they're very nice, it's very well kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

I hope you are over 18

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    I hope you are over 18

Well over,long time since I was asked for I.D. Unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭touts

Well over,long time since I was asked for I.D. Unfortunately!

And you're only 16. That's sunbeds for you ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Post House Bar closed it's doors for the last time last night. Sad times. There were some good nights had there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Loughc wrote: »
    The Post House Bar closed it's doors for the last time last night. Sad times. There were some good nights had there.
    I heard it's going to be turned into a Pharmacy and a doctors surgery,is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Heard the same a few weeks back alright. As if there wasn't enough of those in town already. As per Loughc, sorry to see it go, had some great nights in there and Donal always gave us a warm welcome. Cant remember the last time I was out but is Bakers late bar now? Id imagine they'll benefit the most from it. Can't see O'Keefes dealing with additional influx. <Snip>

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tippspur wrote: »
    I heard it's going to be turned into a Pharmacy and a doctors surgery,is that true?

I hope not. Be such a shame if it's no longer a bar. But the banks will sell it to whoever I suppose.

The front of the building is protected so it needs to remain intact so it would certainly make an interesting looking doctors surgery!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

They would have to apply for planning permission. Is there a planning notice up on it?

I heard Michael Maher who once owned the Local pub made an offer for it but was out bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Is there anyone in Clonmel, who has started up a boycott of the water tax that is being forced upon us to make the richest man in Ireland even richer?

If any one is interested in starting one up, please contact me, as there is no way I want to pay again and again for a resource that We have a right to, just to make a rich man richer.

mlumley wrote: »
    Is there anyone in Clonmel, who has started up a boycott of the water tax that is being forced upon us to make the richest man in Ireland even richer?

If any one is interested in starting one up, please contact me, as there is no way I want to pay again and again for a resource that We have a right to, just to make a rich man richer.

A bit late in the day, aren't you. As discussed on other topics, the tax base needs to be broadened as the tax intake isn't covering services any more. We cannot continue to borrow just to survive. We have NO right to unlimited water. It is a service that has been underfunded and that is now to be rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

Yep totally agree , water is not free and shouldnt be, its a utility like gas or electricity.

A bit late in the day, aren't you. As discussed on other topics, the tax base needs to be broadened as the tax intake isn't covering services any more. We cannot continue to borrow just to survive. We have NO right to unlimited water. It is a service that has been underfunded and that is now to be rectified.

If 2% vat & 5% road tax isn't enough, seeing as how it was admitted on radio that 1.2 billion was paid by the tax payer from central funds, isn't enough, why do we have to pay again to Dennis O'Brien? And, give him€490 million to set it up?

We HAVE a right to water. It is the basis of life. There is no way it is a commodity, and anyone who thinks so, should try going without it for a couple of weeks, see how far you can go.
    Can you provide me a link to afore said discussion?,
    thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

My sister in law has this argument all the time that we are entitled to water, so yesterday i went outside to the water butt i have and filled a glass with water and brought it into her to drink. she wouldn't drink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    My sister in law has this argument all the time that we are entitled to water, so yesterday i went outside to the water butt i have and filled a glass with water and brought it into her to drink. she wouldn't drink it.

You should have filled a glass from along the Quay in Clonmel, much nicer and I bet your sister would be asking for more.

Jimmy, don't be silly. We already pay for water through general taxation, how do you think we have been getting it for the past number of years. We will not get a reduction in tax just because DOB gets his hands on it.

I believe your a troll from IW and will not rise to your senseless points. Love to meet you in person to debate it, but sure you would not turn up.

jimmy180sx wrote: »

Can you bring me to your sisters house? Lets see how bad her water is. If its so bad she has to drink from a water butt, WTF is she gonna pay water charges for/

As said before Troll, we already pay for it.

Sick of giving money to pay bad debts, on carry on paying, I wont.

• Advertisement

barbie1 wrote: »
    Yep totally agree , water is not free and shouldnt be, its a utility like gas or electricity.
    Only a person with plenty of money to pay out for it and doesn't give a s**t about those who can't would say something like that.

If 2% vat & 5% road tax isn't enough, seeing as how it was admitted on radio that 1.2 billion was paid by the tax payer from central funds, isn't enough, why do we have to pay again to Dennis O'Brien? And, give him€490 million to set it up?

We HAVE a right to water. It is the basis of life. There is no way it is a commodity, and anyone who thinks so, should try going without it for a couple of weeks, see how far you can go.
    Can you provide me a link to afore said discussion?,
    thank you.

This is one. Put Water Meters or Water meter protests in search and you'll find loads. It might be best post on one of those topics, rather here on the dedicated Clonmel one. Don't want to upset Mods or other users!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90807255

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

i wont be paying a penny for water anyway , unless its to the standard of deep riverock of volvic coming out my taps !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Jimmy, don't be silly. We already pay for water through general taxation, how do you think we have been getting it for the past number of years. We will not get a reduction in tax just because DOB gets his hands on it.

I believe your a troll from IW and will not rise to your senseless points. Love to meet you in person to debate it, but sure you would not turn up.
    Can you bring me to your sisters house? Lets see how bad her water is. If its so bad she has to drink from a water butt, WTF is she gonna pay water charges for/

As said before Troll, we already pay for it.

Sick of giving money to pay bad debts, on carry on paying, I wont.

Mod Post: If you think a person is trolling then either report the posts or put the person on ignore. Trying to bait another poster by calling them a troll is not the way to deal with things and will not be tolerated by the forum mods if you chose to continue with doing so.

And I do not want to see any more comments that read like veiled threats about meeting posters in the real world to debate things with them.

There is no problem with robust debate in this forum, and a heated debate can be a good one as long as all parties remain civil. But please do not cross the line and end up trying to provoke others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Loughc wrote: »

Sad to see it go. It had got very quite over the last few years. Only one place left in a big enough town for a late night drink :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

I heard Michael Maher who once owned the Local pub made an offer for it but was out bid.

He still owns it, doesn't he? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

The post house no great loss to be fair...shame for donal daly though..maher also tried to buy the emigrants rest not too long ago!

Anyways..on a good note busking fest about to start should be a good buzz..

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    The post house no great loss to be fair...shame for donal daly though..maher also tried to buy the emigrants rest not too long ago!

Anyways..on a good note busking fest about to start should be a good buzz..

Drove past the Post House last night about 9pm and the doors were open.

Drove past the Post House last night about 9pm and the doors were open.

Possibly people gutting it to get it ready for its new owners.

Actually I just checked the Facebook page. Friday was the last night it was opening. They just had their official closing down party last Saturday as more people could attend. It's definitely closed now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Just wondering what is the bridge bar like as a pub?

Advertisement