Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

Expunge wrote: »
    Pity about the amount of dog foul on the river walk and on other parts of the trail. Drives me nuts.
    Plenty of bye laws on the books about this but one never hears of any enforcement and the ****e keeps on piling up.
    It'd be nice to take a walk down the quays and on the towpath without having to keep one's eyes on the ground, looking out for the next turd.
    A nightmare with young children.

Maybe the newly elected public representatives who are out to change the world could start with the unglamorous task of strongly urging the enforcment of anti-fouling byelaws?

It should be noted that many of those same councillors had five years to do something about it and have failed so far.
    what can they do? the problem is the dirty animals and their dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Crazy Noodles in Clonmel are looking for part time staff. Don't know anymore or even where in Clonmel it is saw it on facebook.

Its in Irishtown, across the road from Guineys/Gleesons pub area

As a town we've contributed to appalling results in the recent elections. Locally Martin Lonergan topping the polls big time was personally a shock to me posing as an Independent when his stand point is surely FF being associated with Mattie the Rattie (also posing as an IND). Potential MEPs christ they're much easier to suss out given the airtime and getting stung lovely as they say by doin so yet Clune and Harris(so arrogant) polled well. The likes of Harris and others in his position should not be allowed run for MEP whilst holdin a Dail seat he'll sit back nicely in that! they should have to give it up would you see them steppin up then??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

GoodLord wrote: »
    what can they do? the problem is the dirty animals and their dogs

Yes, that's one problem as is the will to seriously, really and truly tackle the problem and make fairly high profile examples of persons not cleaning up after their dogs.

That requires resources to be directed at it for a sustained period of time.

As I see it, dog fouling is a largely middle class crime. The same people who don't clean up after their dogs (or indeed leave them off the leash in places where they should be on the leash) are those who come out to vote, move in the same social circles as those same councillors and indeed employees of the Council. These are not young thugs in track suits (generally).

These are our beautiful amenities (maintained through both general taxation and now a Local Property Tax) and they are being harmed by a small group of selfish f**kers who are, in some cases, so called pillars of the community.

There's not much point in giving out about multiple break ins and gun toting fellas with outstanding bench warrants when the example from the so called 'good people' is poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

Expunge wrote: »
    Yes, that's one problem as is the will to seriously, really and truly tackle the problem and make fairly high profile examples of persons not cleaning up after their dogs.

That requires resources to be directed at it for a sustained period of time.

As I see it, dog fouling is a largely middle class crime. The same people who don't clean up after their dogs (or indeed leave them off the leash in places where they should be on the leash) are those who come out to vote, move in the same social circles as those same councillors and indeed employees of the Council. These are not young thugs in track suits (generally).

These are our beautiful amenities (maintained through both general taxation and now a Local Property Tax) and they are being harmed by a small group of selfish f**kers who are, in some cases, so called pillars of the community.

There's not much point in giving out about multiple break ins and gun toting fellas with outstanding bench warrants when the example from the so called 'good people' is poor.
    not all middle class. seen plenty from 'poor'areas do it. and its hardly on par with gun crime/house breaks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

GoodLord wrote: »
    not all middle class. seen plenty from 'poor'areas do it. and its hardly on par with gun crime/house breaks

Of course it's not - never said it was.

And yes, it's not totally a middle class crime.
    It's about the tone from those in authority and those who consider themselves to be local 'worthies'.
    It's not a life or death issue, but to me it says an awful lot about the values of the community and those who could show leadership and help to fix it.

Lawlessness, serious or trivial, like the famous culture of entitlement in this great country of ours tends to be mirrored top to bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

RIP to Ger Long,local vet who died tragically yesterday.Knew him quite well a number of years ago.A lovely genuine man.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bobster453

Just back from Woodies..Bought masonry paint at 50 percent off..talking to one of the girls and she said it is going on for the bank holiday weekend but they only have a certain amount of the large buckets to sell

Just back from Woodies..Bought masonry paint at 50 percent off..talking to one of the girls and she said it is going on for the bank holiday weekend but they only have a certain amount of the large buckets to sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Its in Irishtown, across the road from Guineys/Gleesons pub area

Thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

I notice that the scaffolding is coming down from the new chemist on O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

bobster453 wrote: »

Bobster, you're already in painting mode I see but it's double coat NOT double post! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Does anyone know if any pubs in Clonmel will be showing the boxing (Froch vs Groves) tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Kate Ryan's

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Kate Ryan's

And Coopers too from what I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Gleesons are also showing the boxing match tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Cheers lads

Bobster, you're already in painting mode I see but it's double coat NOT double post! :pac::pac::pac:
    Haha..i notice that now..phone does that every time i post..puts them up twice..maybe its making sure to be sure

Walking along the quay earlier and saw a guy stripped to his jocks outside a car putting on trousers shirt and tie and new pair of black shoes..wondered what was going on..and then it struck me..court on today..obviously trying to make a good impression

Walking along the quay earlier and saw a guy stripped to his jocks outside a car putting on trousers shirt and tie and new pair of black shoes..wondered what was going on..and then it struck me..court on today..obviously trying to make a good impression

• Advertisement

Haha..i notice that now..phone does that every time i post..puts them up twice..maybe its making sure to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I think thats what you call "jumping to conclusions"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭cml387

DT100 wrote: »
    I think thats what you call "jumping to conclusions"

Unless he swam up the river and had just removed his wetsuit.

Or just eaten a kebab and needed to change his clothes.

Or was a shy streaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Sad to see the stonehouse restaurant close...probably best restaurant in the town..

Sad to see the stonehouse restaurant close...probably best restaurant in the town..

cml387 wrote: »
    Unless he swam up the river and had just removed his wetsuit.

Or just eaten a kebab and needed to change his clothes.

Or was a shy streaker.

Maybe he sweats a lot ;-)

jkmanc1974 wrote: »

When was this announced? I thought they let themselves down badly by having two dead shrubs by the door. Gave a rundown, neglected impression.

When was this announced? I thought they let themselves down badly by having two dead shrubs by the door. Gave a rundown, neglected impression.

Was confirmed by the owners last night..as friend of mine was saying though the rates for the place and rent etc was astronomical

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ginnerboy

has anyone got any old photographs of the school at marlfield which my dad attended in the 1920s-1930s please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Was confirmed by the owners last night..as friend of mine was saying though the rates for the place and rent etc was astronomical

Ah that is sad! Best restaurant in town by a country mile! Is it closed now or just about to?

Advertisement