Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Have spotted a fair few undesirables around the building whenever I pass. Not sure if it's just one of them staying there and the rest hanging about or else they all live there. It wouldn't be high on my list of places to live to be honest

That area didn't flood recently thanks to the new defences

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Have spotted a fair few undesirables around the building whenever I pass. Not sure if it's just one of them staying there and the rest hanging about or else they all live there. It wouldn't be high on my list of places to live to be honest

That area didn't flood recently thanks to the new defences

I don't know anyone who's ever lived there, but I wouldn't be mad keen on living around there either. I'd imagine there'd be nicer around to rent, for similar money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

I've never heard of any problems there - much worse down at the Raheen apartments. Hughes Mills is central to town, has parking, doesn't flood, there are worse places to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭BenRowe

A frend of mine has moved to clonmel and wants to get free to air tv. any idea what it costs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

BenRowe wrote: »
    A frend of mine has moved to clonmel and wants to get free to air tv. any idea what it costs ?

Always ask the experts.

Google .............
    sky installers Clonmel.

With a sky dish.........all BBC and UTV as well as many more.........are free to air..

With an Aerial RTE, TG4 and TV3 are free

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Check http://coverage.2rn.ie/ zoom into Clonmel.

Basically almost any aerial will pick up free TV just point it towards "The Cross" on Scrouthea Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭BenRowe

Check http://coverage.2rn.ie/ zoom into Clonmel.

Basically almost any aerial will pick up free TV just point it towards "The Cross" on Scrouthea Hill.
    they mean free to air where you get some bbc channels as well. and not a sky monthly payment. one off payment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Can anyone recommend a good beauticians in town?
    I used to go to Treasa in Water Lily but it doesn't look like she is there anymore (has been a while since I've gone).

pooch90 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good beauticians in town?
    I used to go to Treasa in Water Lily but it doesn't look like she is there anymore (has been a while since I've gone).

Waterlily was sold. I don't know what it's like now, but I don't think any of the old staff stayed/were kept on. I'd be interested in a recommendation too!

jlm29 wrote: »
    Waterlily was sold. I don't know what it's like now, but I don't think any of the old staff stayed/were kept on. I'd be interested in a recommendation too!

Was half thinking of trying the spa in the Park hotel but not sure!!

• Advertisement

Was half thinking of trying the spa in the Park hotel but not sure!!

I suppose it depends what it's for!! I'd be fussy about where I'd go to have make up done. A friend of mine wigs attending a wedding in Clonmel was asking for a recommendation for where to go to get make up done, and I hadn't a clue. For the more general "maintenance" stuff, I wouldn't be a bit fussy!! I should be through, because I've had reactions to wax in a couple of places in my past though!
    Waterlily was handy with their long opening hours, and they did threading too. I don't think they do any more!

It's waxing I'm looking for and I have come out in lumps before so need to be a bit fussy!

It's waxing I'm looking for and I have come out in lumps before so need to be a bit fussy!

Fiona O'Mearas on Mary Street. Have been around for yonks!

Thanks a million, will give it a try.

I heard the lady who took over John Walls old fish shop applied to the corporation for the street trading license and got it.

Also she only has to put out a stand every 1 week in 6 to keep it so don't expect to see much activity every Friday.

That's feckin more of it,just having to use the stand 1 week in 6 to keep it.Its something like what I saw last week going down the town.There was a car in front of me,it pulled up to park beside the credit union.There was a lad standing in the space,and he had a travel bag on the road,he told the driver he was holding the space,so the car drove away,,,well I will tell ya ,if it was me,I would ask to see the parking ticket on the bag,and tell him I hope theres nothing in that bag,that will be damaged by a car rolling over it..is it mad the whole place is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭cml387

Has worked stopped on the enterprise centre at the cahir road roundabout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Abbott vascular are recruiting operators,applications through their website by next Friday if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

maryfred wrote: »
    Abbott vascular are recruiting operators,applications through their website by next Friday if anyone is interested.

Know a good few people that are leaving our place to go to abbott...heard boston are recruiting also?

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Excuse me for the blatant plug

Clonmel AC are running the Annerville 10K run today at 2pm, starting outside VEC. Would appreciate some support if you can. I'll be the one at the back! :o

I was driving home yesterday and nearly got hit by Mattie McGrath's van. The driver (not MM) was on his phone, his front indicator and two back brake lights weren't working... Obviously too busy like the rest of us mortals to check his lights and GET OFF THE ****ING PHONE while driving! Boils my blood!

Sure he probably needs a stiff brandy or two to give him more confidence behind the wheel :pac:

• Advertisement

Havent been around the town in quite a while but i notice today the post house seems closed and is for sale? When did it close?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Havent been around the town in quite a while but i notice today the post house seems closed and is for sale? When did it close?

The banks have it up for sale as it's been in administration for over a year now.

It's still open but just shorter hours like 5pm on.

Loughc wrote: »
    The banks have it up for sale as it's been in administration for over a year now.

It's still open but just shorter hours like 5pm on.

Hopefully a buyer will be found. The price paid for pubs during the boom years has hampered them as much as anything. Also, Overheads are huge to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

He got away with 60 cigarettes. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭immature ejaculation

The town is gone nuts!!! According to a local taxi driver he was seen around town before hand with the "gun" and not picked up! Crazy

The town is gone nuts!!! According to a local taxi driver he was seen around town before hand with the "gun" and not picked up! Crazy

Sure he could have been after rabbits...have to wait until he shoots someone first :rolleyes: (probably the law)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Hi all

I am looking for a professional/semi-professional photographer in the Clonmel area - can be a hobby photographer either. The company wants to update its business website and we would like to get some good photos of the team, etc.

Also, we have a website provider (obviously!) but I am not so sure that they are great at design. Any recommendations on that front either?

Thanks a lot,
    SRG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Try Dave and Lisa at Tell-a-tale photography. They have a store on O'Connell Street if it would be handier for the staff to call in when the time suits them. No affiliation other than they did our wedding photos. http://www.tellatalephotography.com/home/4560573610

Brian Lanigan might also be available to do it https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian-Lanigan-Photography/215532961797342

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Hi all

I am looking for a professional/semi-professional photographer in the Clonmel area - can be a hobby photographer either. The company wants to update its business website and we would like to get some good photos of the team, etc.

Also, we have a website provider (obviously!) but I am not so sure that they are great at design. Any recommendations on that front either?

Thanks a lot,
    SRG

John Crowley, Clonmel, has done some very good private work, and also for local industry, here is a link to his web page.

http://www.crowleyphoto.com/index.html

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Advertisement