Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The town is gone nuts!!! According to a local taxi driver he was seen around town before hand with the "gun" and not picked up! Crazy
    if a taxi driver said it I'm taking it as 'fact'

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

The town has gone mad over the last few weekend apparently?

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    The town has gone mad over the last few weekend apparently?
    in what sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

There was a bad attack on someone in fozzys last weekend and obviously this latest thing but I would actually say the town has been rather quite recently. Im sure once the summer is in full flow there will be a fair few drink and drug fuelled goings on and reprisals for same.
    Since the guards raided the 'houses' of those who were carrying out the burglaries in the area, there was a serious drop in the number of incidents id heard about but then again, we had an attempted break in this week. Getting sick of this town to be honest but I see similar news reports from all over the country. Probably the first time in 15 years where I've thought that I'd rather be out of it.
    It's depressing thinking that there is nothing really you can do to stop someone trying to break into your home/hanging around your area, esp while Im sitting here working seeing the same guys collecting their dole, cans and breakfast rolls

• Advertisement

Clonmel is no different to any other large town in the country. Drink fuelled fights robbery and tracksuit brigade hanging around town and sums up every other town in the country really....that is the reality for some of 21 century Ireland I'm afraid. Your better off trying to focus on the many positive aspects our towns and cities have and do your best to improve things in your own patch.

Clonmel is no different to any other large town in the country. Drink fuelled fights robbery and tracksuit brigade hanging around town and sums up every other town in the country really....that is the reality for some of 21 century Ireland I'm afraid. Your better off trying to focus on the many positive aspects our towns and cities have and do your best to improve things in your own patch.

Have any of you followed the Heritage Trail in Clonmel? It's very interesting. It would be lovely to have a tour guide do a walking tour every week or so. The town is steeped in history and well worth walking roung and reading about it. Apart from that, the walk by the river is one of the best in the Country. Admittedly, parts are a bit overgrown, but is still beautiful.

I just had a lad at the door asking me to sign a petition to stop the closure of the post office in Irishtown.Are the hoors trying to close down the whole country?Looking out the window,and thinking of the water charges,I am thinking of going out and rolling around the lawn to wash meself,,and ssure from now on,it will be a case of the "lesser spotted politician " as hibernation takes a hold of them again,,Ah well.its an evening for the cream crackers ,and a mug a tay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Does anybody know why the man involved in the gun incident at the Apple Green wasn't named in local media even though he was charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Does anybody know why the man involved in the gun incident at the Apple Green wasn't named in local media even though he was charged.

Quite possibly a minor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭bobster453

AK333 wrote: »
    Quite possibly a minor

No he isnt..21

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭bobster453

AK333 wrote: »
    Quite possibly a minor

No he isnt..21

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

bobster453 wrote: »
    No he isnt..21

I could have sworn he had been named - think when i read the initial report on tippfm's website he was named - i can recall the surname alright - cant check on tippfm as the website is down.

No he isnt..21

Check out the tipp fm news.i saw a name.u will need to go back some pages

No he isnt..21

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

can u get on tippfm.com? i cant, getting an error

Must be all the traffic looking for election results!

I cant get on at the moment

No he isnt..21

You are correct.

His name is Adam O'Leary and he had 6 outstanding Bench warrants - he didn't get bail!

I see a new sports store opening in Gladstone Street beside where Abra was. A Chinese takeaway going into the Abra premises. Good to see 2 businesses opening there as I'm fairly sure if they were 2 businesses closed there would be plenty of comment here from the "town" is gone to the dogs brigade.....

• Advertisement

I see a new sports store opening in Gladstone Street beside where Abra was. A Chinese takeaway going into the Abra premises. Good to see 2 businesses opening there as I'm fairly sure if they were 2 businesses closed there would be plenty of comment here from the "town" is gone to the dogs brigade.....

That's great to see do you know what sports shop is going in there

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

A Chinese takeaway: Is the very last type of restaurant required in Clonmel, town must have the highest per capita rate of Chinese restaurants / takeaways in Ireland. All serving the same rubbish.

Its better than an empty unit surely?and will provide some employment?generate income?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's great to see do you know what sports shop is going in there

It's called Kick Off Sports, the former manager of Sport Savers in the showgrounds owns it.

Have any of you followed the Heritage Trail in Clonmel? It's very interesting. It would be lovely to have a tour guide do a walking tour every week or so. The town is steeped in history and well worth walking roung and reading about it. Apart from that, the walk by the river is one of the best in the Country. Admittedly, parts are a bit overgrown, but is still beautiful.

Agreed ref the river walk from the centre of clonmel to ferryhouse bridge.
    .done the heritage trail today also as have family staying down here at the minute.. so many great places to see in south tipp in general. Hopefully it might be an idea for a tour guide for clonmel in the summer...guy who does the main guard tour would be ideal

Bit surprised that the greyhound track does not get promoted more though as it is a great night out?

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

Pity about the amount of dog foul on the river walk and on other parts of the trail. Drives me nuts.
    Plenty of bye laws on the books about this but one never hears of any enforcement and the ****e keeps on piling up.
    It'd be nice to take a walk down the quays and on the towpath without having to keep one's eyes on the ground, looking out for the next turd.
    A nightmare with young children.

Maybe the newly elected public representatives who are out to change the world could start with the unglamorous task of strongly urging the enforcment of anti-fouling byelaws?

It should be noted that many of those same councillors had five years to do something about it and have failed so far.

Expunge wrote: »
    Pity about the amount of dog foul on the river walk and on other parts of the trail. Drives me nuts.
    Plenty of bye laws on the books about this but one never hears of any enforcement and the ****e keeps on piling up.
    It'd be nice to take a walk down the quays and on the towpath without having to keep one's eyes on the ground, looking out for the next turd.
    A nightmare with young children.

Maybe the newly elected public representatives who are out to change the world could start with the unglamorous task of strongly urging the enforcment of anti-fouling byelaws?

It should be noted that many of those same councillors had five years to do something about it and have failed so far.

Just back from walking it on way back from powers the pot...plenty of horse muck on the paths..good point ref the above will definitely address this with one of the newly elected.

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

any places known to be employing students for the summer around?

Hector122 wrote: »

Crazy Noodles in Clonmel are looking for part time staff. Don't know anymore or even where in Clonmel it is saw it on facebook.

• Advertisement

Hector122 wrote: »

Bulmers used to, not sure if they still do
    Abbott and Boston Scientific do
    You could try Clonmel Healthcare on the bypass

Advertisement