Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

Deminiman wrote: »
    Does anyone know of somebody renting a dry garage or storage space for a car or two, need somewhere to park a vintage car, doesn't have to be town centre, even within 10 or so miles will be just great. Cheers
    Fergal Murray on the Cahir road outside Fethard has a sign offering storage space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Fergal Murray on the Cahir road outside Fethard has a sign offering storage space.

Fergal Murray is a very genuine guy, I know him through business dealings for many years.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭WayneScott

tippspur wrote: »
    Hardly true is it? doesn't Mick Wallace owe something like 1.3 million in VAT and he still has his seat.
    I woulldn't mind him.

He's nearly as bad as people who live abroad for half the year to avoid tax while making their fortune here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just watched two Clonmel boxers battle it out for a National heavyweight title there now on TG4,Con Sheehan winning out over Dean Gardiner,well done to both,good fight.

A Bit of Nostalgia. The Clancy Brothers Performing in the once Regal Theatre Clonmel.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Has Superquinn in Market Square gone? I thought I saw a Super Valu sign yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Monisey

Yes, Supervalu have bought Superquinn. So the same Supervalu brands will be in there now. Think they are keeping the Superquinn sausages though :-)

Can anybody please direct me to the easiest route up Slievenamon, we are hoping to walk it tomorrow and will have child with us. I need to know where to park, the way to the track and approximately how long it will take us. Thx

AK333 wrote: »
    Can anybody please direct me to the easiest route up Slievenamon, we are hoping to walk it tomorrow and will have child with us. I need to know where to park, the way to the track and approximately how long it will take us. Thx
    Go to Kilcash,you should park your car in Kilcash village and walk about half a mile or so to the foot of the Mountain,you could drive out to the foot of the Mountain and park out there but I wouldn't advise it as it's very isolated and there has been a couple of break ins.

• Advertisement

Xenophile wrote: »
    A Bit of Nostalgia. The Clancy Brothers Performing in the once Regal Theatre Clonmel.

It's a pity it wasn't kept open as a concert venue,I went to see Aslan there once and Francis Black another time.

tippspur wrote: »
    Go to Kilcash,you should park your car in Kilcash village and walk about half a mile or so to the foot of the Mountain,you could drive out to the foot of the Mountain and park out there but I wouldn't advise it as it's very isolated and there has been a couple of break ins.

Sorry, but how do I get to the foot of the mountain - and don't tell me to look up :P

I think I go up past the church, but then which way? and thanks for the heads up with parking, we'll park in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭cml387

Walk east out of Kilcash, and take the first left and then look out for the signpost and gate on the left.
    I have done it myself, and I wouldn't be no Chris Bonnigton!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Drive on through Kilcash, pass the school on your right, take the next left (Slievnamon summit is there signposted)

You will see plenty of cars parked there and just follow the crowd, there will be quiet a few doing the climb.

I live local and would have no worries about parking my car there for a week.

Enjoy, it's a lovely walk, take your time and enjoy the view.

Unfortunately, conditions not good today, very foggy.

Yes you are right Dieselbug, it was very misty up there and we didn't know that a walking group were having a charity walk up Slievenamon for Crumlin - the mountain was busier than O'Connell Street during a St. Patricks Day Parade. We made a donation on the way down and got a bun!

Thanks for all the directions, I thought it was West of Kilcash. We drove up to the start of the climb, luckily before all the charity walkers. When we got above the stony path, we went right and walked through the forest - beautiful, quiet and well out of the elements. We walked up then to the next plateau but unfortunately the weather was against us and we decided to come back down. We came down the track and met all the charity walkers coming up.

We climbed half, about 2km, and we'll leave the other half for a better day. Its really doable, loads of kids going up there, maybe next weekend!

The only downside was the amount of rubbish left up there - that's a shame. Loads of cans, plastic bottles and bags - if you can carry it up there, you can definitely carry it down.

You get a good amount of walkers most weekends but more on bank holiday weekends.

Surprised to hear about the rubbish, thought we had left those habits behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

if you want to see rubbish just go into the bog above Powers the pot and it's terrible,i'd say at least a hundred nappies

snipey wrote: »
    if you want to see rubbish just go into the bog above Powers the pot and it's terrible,i'd say at least a hundred nappies

Ring the County Council on Tuesday morning, Enviromental section and tell them. People never cease to amaze me - why would you dirty the place you live, madness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

What time is the parade on in Clonmel today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommiet

half 3...

Ring the County Council on Tuesday morning, Enviromental section and tell them. People never cease to amaze me - why would you dirty the place you live, madness

Got in touch with Waterford county council but they never cleaned it up,you'd need a JCB to clean it up, i think that road up to the bog is private property anyway so it will be left there,

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Hi all,Happy St Patricks day...a kind word to the lovely local person who lost a bag of fish heads plus roof tiles in the childrens green play area in Ashgrove Lawns.Unfortunately my kids dont like playing with rats...so since i seen you do it i will be dropping back the bag of rubbish back to you...kind regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

copy1 wrote: »
    Hi all,Happy St Patricks day...a kind word to the lovely local person who lost a bag of fish heads plus roof tiles in the childrens green play area in Ashgrove Lawns.Unfortunately my kids dont like playing with rats...so since i seen you do it i will be dropping back the bag of rubbish back to you...kind regards.

That is genuinely shocking.
    If you are willing to make an official complaint I would report this to the Gardaí(there is the possibility of a €1500 fine or 3 months in prison or both)

Vizzy wrote: »
    That is genuinely shocking.
    If you are willing to make an official complaint I would report this to the Gardaí(there is the possibility of a €1500 fine or 3 months in prison or both)

Thanks very much for you time to reply,i wont however contact Garda and waste their and my time as i think you and i know 3 months in prison will not happen...but i will contact local counsil (again) about this problem.

Also for anyone that does not belive this myself and 1 of my kids spent 1 hour picking this rubbish up today and can be view today/tomorrow before i drop it to the the right restfull place tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

snipey wrote: »

There is definitely at least one waste disposal company contributing to this ( at least occasionally, I saw them up there so I am not making this up)...the bog is disgraceful further in with loads of dumped mattresses, car wheels etc
    Yes, I will admit I was horrified...but I didn't report them !!

they should put a gate on that road and this would stop it once and for all.

solerina wrote: »
    There is definitely at least one waste disposal company contributing to this ( at least occasionally, I saw them up there so I am not making this up)...the bog is disgraceful further in with loads of dumped mattresses, car wheels etc
    Yes, I will admit I was horrified...but I didn't report them !!

Sorry but u saw a company do this(who get paid to do it) and would not report??????You are are as bad as they are in my books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

Is there anywhere in Clonmel that will read engine codes for free? My check engine light's been on for a week but car is running fine.

Advertisement