Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I am looking to refurbish an old apartment in the town, its a fairly extensive job.
    Does anyone have a recommendation of a builder to do that sort of stuff ?
    I will be looking for quotes etc to begin with.

Thanks
    Rob

Suggest you advertise in the local papers for a registered builder, fully insured and then ask for references from clients for previous work completed.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

WayneScott wrote: »
    Does anyone know anyone in Clonmel who could write a speech for a person attending a social occasion who has to address the audience?

Tony Butler ex South Tipp Today has a great way with words and a great sense of humor. I do not know if he would be interested or not! Maybe, invite him to chat about it over a coffee.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Does anyone know anyone in Clonmel who could write a speech for a person attending a social occasion who has to address the audience?
    There is a toastmasters group in Clonmel, contact them..thats what they do !!!

solerina wrote: »
    There is a toastmasters group in Clonmel, contact them..thats what they do !!!

In Toastmasters you write your own speeches and you have the opportunity to deliver them in front of the Toastmasters members. If you would like to develop your public speaking talents this is a great organisation to do it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Anyone got any experience of dealing with premier kitchens in gortnafleur?

• Advertisement

jlm29 wrote: »

J.L. Noonan...........old established and respected Clonmel company, was formerly located in O'Neill Street. Clonmel

This link below should give you more info.

http://www.constructionireland.ie/company_527438.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

George Hook was slagging off Seamus Healy there only caught end, appeared he made a right tit of himself today anyone know the story was?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭WayneScott

George Hook was slagging off Seamus Healy there only caught end, appeared he made a right tit of himself today anyone know the story was?
    he wants enda to sack minister for finance because wilbur ross made huge profit on BOI shares

3.40 at http://newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/9/8179/05th_March_2014_-_The_Right_Hook_Part_1

he wants enda to sack minister for finance because wilbur ross made huge profit on BOI shares

3.40 at http://newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/9/8179/05th_March_2014_-_The_Right_Hook_Part_1

More in Healy's way of responsibility to pay the penalties for those who he urged not to pay the household charge, I believe many of Healy's supporters canvassed voters not to pay this charge even though they paid it themselves. Healy has a fine pension from the HSE and also a fine salary from the Dail and will have a fine pension from the Dail after he ceases to become a member which I believe will be after the next general election. I urge Healy to financially help the people in need who he misled. He never saw it coming that the Revenue Commissioners would be charged with collecting this tax, and for those who are not aware of it the Revenue Commissioners can get your money or assets even after you are dead.

The game is up with Healy as I believe he will not stand in the next General Election. He and his party have done nothing for Clonmel and the sooner we see the back of these nay sayers the better! So I urge people in the Clonmel area to turn their backs on these misguided politicians in the forthcoming elections. Bet Healy and the likes of Joe Higgins will pay the household charge in order to get a Tax Clearance Certificate to get their salary. Put up or shut up you already misled too many people. Mr Seamus Healy T.D. I think you should resign from the Dail right now.

Xenophile wrote: »
    More in Healy's way of responsibility to pay the penalties for those who he urged not to pay the household charge, I believe many of Healy's supporters canvassed voters not to pay this charge even though they paid it themselves. Healy has a fine pension from the HSE and also a fine salary from the Dail and will have a fine pension from the Dail after he ceases to become a member which I believe will be after the next general election. I urge Healy to financially help the people in need who he misled. He never saw it coming that the Revenue Commissioners would be charged with collecting this tax, and for those who are not aware of it the Revenue Commissioners can get your money or assets even after you are dead.

The game is up with Healy as I believe he will not stand in the next General Election. He and his party have done nothing for Clonmel and the sooner we see the back of these nay sayers the better! So I urge people in the Clonmel area to turn their backs on these misguided politicians in the forthcoming elections. Bet Healy and the likes of Joe Higgins will pay the household charge in order to get a Tax Clearance Certificate to get their salary. Put up or shut up you already misled too many people. Mr Seamus Healy T.D. I think you should resign from the Dail right now.

Well said.

• Advertisement

i am not involved with Healy but do you know for sure he has paid and why do you not say that in a public forum with your real name. Whatever you say about him he does not hide behind a screen name

i am not involved with Healy but do you know for sure he has paid and why do you not say that in a public forum with your real name. Whatever you say about him he does not hide behind a screen name
    TD's cannot hold office if they are not tax compliant. As MaryLou McDonald said, she was "minded" to pay to uphold the law.

TD's cannot hold office if they are not tax compliant. As MaryLou McDonald said, she was "minded" to pay to uphold the law.
    i would not mind what she would say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hardly true is it? doesn't Mick Wallace owe something like 1.3 million in VAT and he still has his seat.

tippspur wrote: »
    Hardly true is it? doesn't Mick Wallace owe something like 1.3 million in VAT and he still has his seat.
    I think he has some agreement to pay it back over time, thereby allowing him get a tax clearance cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

Went to them a while back and wasn't happy with service, lady in office totally tried to over rule me on ideas and when I met the man there and told him I wasn't to happy he got very shirty with me and was quite rude wouldn't recommend them to anyone:mad:, went to clonmel kitchens in Ardgeeha business park and got what I wanted www.clonmelkitchens.com :)

Bet Healy and the likes of Joe Higgins will pay the household charge in order to get a Tax Clearance Certificate to get their salary.

Important that you read posts accurately before you ask a question like you asked above! Secondly I am sure that many posters here would state their name if they were getting the salary and expenses of a TD.

Many others would not bother as they are motivated by issues and do not try to make other posters the issue. Of all the posts I have seen on every forum here I have never seen it anywhere where it was suggested to a poster that they go public with their name. Why should they when they are making an honest contribution ? To state the obvious if you find the truth hard to swallow and cannot counteract it, have a go at the messenger! Find out who the poster is and personalise it. In this way attention is deflected from the real issues.

Important that you read posts accurately before you ask a question like you asked above! Secondly I am sure that many posters here would state their name if they were getting the salary and expenses of a TD.

Many others would not bother as they are motivated by issues and do not try to make other posters the issue. Of all the posts I have seen on every forum here I have never seen it anywhere where it was suggested to a poster that they go public with their name. Why should they when they are making an honest contribution ? To state the obvious if you find the truth hard to swallow and cannot counteract it, have a go at the messenger! Find out who the poster is and personalise it. In this way attention is deflected from the real issues.
    you wrote
    I believe many of Healy's supporters canvassed voters not to pay this charge even though they paid it themselves.
    i asked if you knew it. the reason i said go public is cos Healy does. You knock him but everyone knows who he is he does not hide on the internet
    Of all the posts I have seen on every forum here I have never seen it anywhere where it was suggested to a poster that they go public with their name.
    irrelevant what happens on other forums is not the issue.you came out and made almost defamotary statements about Healy. I merely said you should own it. I am not involved with or interested in healy but if i felt as you do i would write to a paper and put my name
    To state the obvious if you find the truth hard to swallow and cannot counteract it, have a go at the messenger! Find out who the poster is and personalise it
    irrelevant. and it is not truth it
    is your opinon. At least you now have an opinion instead of tryng to get others to start campaigns

Royco wrote: »
    Went to them a while back and wasn't happy with service, lady in office totally tried to over rule me on ideas and when I met the man there and told him I wasn't to happy he got very shirty with me and was quite rude wouldn't recommend them to anyone:mad:, went to clonmel kitchens in Ardgeeha business park and got what I wanted www.clonmelkitchens.com :)

Thanks for that, I'll check them out. Not sure I can see anyone beating premier kitchens on price though!

Thinking of doing a kettlebells class in the Clonmel area- a quick look online isn't telling me much- they do them in Kool school, but they're on at 6.15pm so a bit early for me! Anyone know of anywhere else good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Thinking of doing a kettlebells class in the Clonmel area- a quick look online isn't telling me much- they do them in Kool school, but they're on at 6.15pm so a bit early for me! Anyone know of anywhere else good?

Crossfit Tipperary in Gurtnaflur business park. You can find them on Facebook.

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Crossfit Tipperary in Gurtnaflur business park. You can find them on Facebook.

I assumed you had to be a member to go there? Maybe I'm wrong, I'll have a look at their Facebook page. I'm only looking for a once a week class that I could pay as I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

I assumed you had to be a member to go there? Maybe I'm wrong, I'll have a look at their Facebook page. I'm only looking for a once a week class that I could pay as I go!

You can pay per class or per week or per month or whatever you like.

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    You can pay per class or per week or per month or whatever you like.

Cool, I'll check it out! Thanks!
    And who know, maybe I'll turn into a diehard crossfitter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

You get hooked!
    They run beginners classes too. Pop in and talk to Colin or Karma. They will have timetables there.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Phoenix fitness in ard gaoithe business park also. Some of the irish rugby team had training sessions up there during the there visit a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Just remember you have to take your top off and post your exploits on Facebook for all the world to see :-D

Just remember you have to take your top off and post your exploits on Facebook for all the world to see :-D

And eat only a paleo diet...

And eat only a paleo diet...

Though to be fair, if I went to crossfit, and ate paleo, I might actually want to take my top off and post my exploits on fb for all the world to see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

Does anyone know of somebody renting a dry garage or storage space for a car or two, need somewhere to park a vintage car, doesn't have to be town centre, even within 10 or so miles will be just great. Cheers

Advertisement