Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Knicklofty bridge reopened Fri morning

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

Where is the Dry Bridge? I've never heard of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Is anyone else having problems with the meteor network today in clonmel? I haven't had any signal all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I have no meteor or O2 coverage or saorview. Electricity ok though.

Drove back from Dublin this evening, got off the motorway at Bennetsbridge. Loads of trees down and lots of wind damage to be seen. Worst storm in this area for some years I would think.

Wellyd wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with the meteor network today in clonmel? I haven't had any signal all day.

Our Meteor's been gone all evening too. Worst storm I can remember. Hope people are heeding warnings and staying put.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

barbie1 wrote: »
    Where is the Dry Bridge? I've never heard of it

waterwaysforward.wordpress.com/2012/11/25/dry-bridge-clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 22 foyle

Is Sky TV gone for anyone else ??? Ours is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Wellyd wrote: »

yep same here:( kinda annoying. phone signal ( i'm with tesco mobile) has been coming and going as well as the power. Seems to be ok for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Just got electricity back - gone since 2pm. I know the ESB workers are well paid but rather them than me out there today/tonight. I'm very grateful anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

No Electricity
    No vodafone
    No broadband
    No Heating
    No Water.

until 10.30 tonight,twas like the old days:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

tippspur wrote: »
    No Electricity
    No vodafone
    No broadband
    No Heating
    No Water.

God you really had it bad! And here was me complaining about having no phone signal! Here's hoping there won't be a busy maternity ward around November 12th!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

tippspur wrote: »
    No Electricity
    No vodafone
    No broadband
    No Heating
    No Water.

Same as except for the water. Electricity came back around midnight. Kids and I spent the evening huddled under duvets playing cards by candlelight! Went to bed at ten because it was too cold to stay up. Woke up this morning to a sprinkling of snow. The weather is mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

i see Summerhill House is on fire, looks bad going by all the fire tenders that are up there.

Summerhill house?

up past the Glenconnor garden center, big stately house,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

It was only a shed off to the side of the house

snipey wrote: »
    up past the Glenconnor garden center, big stately house,
    thanks

that's good, i was over close to it a couple of minutes ago and everything looks under control

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone know of some land near the town,bypass area,, where one could wander with two JRT?
    Not for hunting just to let them roam about a field or two. Or even know of someone who would give permission to me to use there land here n there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone know of some land near the town,bypass area,, where one could wander with two JRT?
    Not for hunting just to let them roam about a field or two. Or even know of someone who would give permission to me to use there land here n there.

The old Fethard railway line through the wilderness, not a field but plenty of space to rummage around and have fun.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Never been up there, must have a look. Been using the front of the racecourse but it is quite popular and larger dogs off leash I don't really trust.

i wouldn't agree going over to the old railway line because you will meet more than dogs you wouldn't trust, i'd suggest bringing your dogs up to the new TRBDI site at the top of the bypass,

Enter on the roundabout or the entrance on the Cahir Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

i wouldn't agree going over to the old railway line because you will meet more than dogs you wouldn't trust, i'd suggest bringing your dogs up to the new TRBDI site at the top of the bypass,

Agree, it's too dodgy down there!

Never been up there, must have a look. Been using the front of the racecourse but it is quite popular and larger dogs off leash I don't really trust.

Venture up there, middle of the day the best time, lots of people go to feed ducks at the entrance. Nothing to fear in the middle of the day or early morning, it's a pity that so many people are so fearful of a perfectly safe and magical place that's an absolute paradise. By the way the Wilderness gets it's name from this very place.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Forgot to say go there and see for yourself and do not be intimidated by the views of fearful people. I have never heard of any unsavoury incident there and I live and work quite near the place. Would welcome your feedback!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Definitely go there, I often walk my dog up there and its a great spot as was mentioned.

I also used to work near there and on my lunch id take a walk up to look at the ducks to get some fresh air! very calming after a load of stress:p

even during the day scangers drinking on the old platform,scangers on scamblers and so on,beautiful walk from the Cahir road side,just mind the electric fences

even during the day scangers drinking on the old platform,scangers on scamblers and so on,beautiful walk from the Cahir road side,just mind the electric fences

I regret that this post is pure scaremongering and if it is not contradicted it will put this wonderful area out of bounds for citizens of Clonmel who have enjoyed this wonderful amenity for generations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Xenophile wrote: »
    I regret that this post is pure scaremongering and if it is not contradicted it will put this wonderful area out of bounds for citizens of Clonmel who have enjoyed this wonderful amenity for generations.

Xenophile, I was one of the many people who enjoyed this area(the Wildies !!) for about 20years .I lived locally and I would say that I was out there 2 days out of every week as a youngster and even more frequently when I started training dogs in my 20's.
    A beautiful spot.
    However, what Snipey says above is completely true. I drove in to the lake/pond on Sunday with the intention of walking the dogs and was met with 2 guys on scramblers(one was about 10 years of age) and the amount of glass and general detritus that was in the area was appalling.
    You may not agree with Snipey or me, but that does not mean what we say is untrue.

Advertisement