Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

Can anyone recommend someone in clonmel to give a sports massage? Also a good physio?

Ta

Frogeye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Frogeye wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone in clonmel to give a sports massage? Also a good physio?

I've been to Clonmel Physiotherapy in O'Connell Street and found them to be excellent for an IT Band problem. Sorted really fast

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GigglesGregg

The Old Bridge would be destroyed now if it wasn't for the flood defences. At long last the residents get a break. Feel sorry for Cork and Limerick at the moment and there's more stormy weather forecast the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The flood barriers currently being erected on top of the flood walls this evening. Massive job underway along the quays. Traffic in town brutal all day with road closures etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The flood barriers currently being erected on top of the flood walls this evening. Massive job underway along the quays. Traffic in town brutal all day with road closures etc
    Got caught in the traffic this morning around 9,never saw the like of it I nearly lost the head a few times:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

sure dont you know those teenagers have to be dropped to the gate of the school!! apparently there was a tail back all the way from highschool over to the loreto. Absolutely ridiculous, parents should have more sense and let the lor pupils in particular walk from the waterford road rather than blocking up the only functioning bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

Does anyone know if Davis Road has escaped flooding?

Water levels have dropped a foot since yesterday the flood barriers have so far ensured no flooding to property. Both the old and convent bridges remain closed meaning that the usual busy Friday traffic is worse than normal.davis rd not flooded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

MET Eireann forecasting heavy rain over the weekend. This is expected to cause river flooding.
    I suspect that's why they have raised the flood barriers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

sure dont you know those teenagers have to be dropped to the gate of the school!! apparently there was a tail back all the way from highschool over to the loreto. Absolutely ridiculous, parents should have more sense and let the lor pupils in particular walk from the waterford road rather than blocking up the only functioning bridge
    I was in the middle of that,nearly cracked up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Would agree, a Garda should be placed on duty at the junction of Dr.Croke place and the the Old Waterford Rd. and if there are pupils in the car they should ask the parents would they mind if the children walked the rest of the way to school. Traffic can then go via Parnell St. to the town centre and anywhere from there!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Xenophile wrote: »
    Would agree, a Garda should be placed on duty at the junction of Dr.Croke place and the the Old Waterford Rd. and if there are pupils in the car they should ask the parents would they mind if the children walked the rest of the way to school. Traffic can then go via Parnell St. to the town centre and anywhere from there!

Problem with that tough is if anybody got knocked down/something happened people would blame the gardai.

Problem with that tough is if anybody got knocked down/something happened people would blame the gardai.

Gardai only to suggest a choice not a direction or order!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Don't know how well you know the town but parnell Street traffic runs the opposite direction, away from town centre. In any case there are perfectly good drop off spots on both sides of the road at the old cinema, no need for any school traffic to go near the old Waterford Road. The school should have been pro-active and sent out notes to that effect. Some snooty parent arguing with a garda on that road is probably the last thing anyone in the traffic jam needed but you're probably right that they would have to be coralled by the powers that be rather than use their brains.

Don't know how well you know the town but parnell Street traffic runs the opposite direction, away from town centre. In any case there are perfectly good drop off spots on both sides of the road at the old cinema, no need for any school traffic to go near the old Waterford Road. The school should have been pro-active and sent out notes to that effect. Some snooty parent arguing with a garda on that road is probably the last thing anyone in the traffic jam needed but you're probably right that they would have to be coralled by the powers that be rather than use their brains.

I know the town very well, traffic could go by Wellington St., Nelson St., Parnell St., Dillon St., Fethard Road (upper Dillon St.) etc. etc.

DT100 wrote: »
    I heard Baker's pub will be the next to close.I hope it's not true.
    lol to that. Must be the busiest pub in town.that post was from 2 years ago btw just shows you the amount of bs that goes around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm out Ballymac side, just wondering before I chance heading to town, does anyone know if it's still flooded Kilmanahan side ? Should I head over the mountain ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I'm out Ballymac side, just wondering before I chance heading to town, does anyone know if it's still flooded Kilmanahan side ? Should I head over the mountain ? Thanks

I heard it was bad enough out by apple, and its certainly bad at the convent bridge, Id say to be safe go over the mountain and down via the golf club

Ring Garda station to see if Old Waterford Road is passable.........if so maybe go by the Nire...........be careful as things are changing by the hour........get some idea if you will be able to leave town later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭WayneScott

Gardai have more to be doing than that

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭PatM65

All but the Dry Bridge is open now. Convent Road is open though there's still some flood water there. Borough Council still keeping a close eye on The Quay. Levels in the river have fallen overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

I have to go to Killenaule later from Clonmel, is there any bad flooding on the roads? thx

AK333 wrote: »
    I have to go to Killenaule later from Clonmel, is there any bad flooding on the roads? thx
    There's no bad flooding, but there is a lot of water running doen the sides of the roads, so just take care and be aware that cars coming towards you may be keeping a bit further out than normal.

Thanks for the replies, somehow I wasn't notified and didn't get to see them before I headed off, I chanced it thinking the signs would be up for diversions as the case may be.

Got to the Davis Rd area without a bother, great to see the M&S shopping centre and Dunnes nicely busy despite the road conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

There's no bad flooding, but there is a lot of water running doen the sides of the roads, so just take care and be aware that cars coming towards you may be keeping a bit further out than normal.

Good point Maryanne84....Also the water on the roadside may be hiding a deep pothole..I was driving last night,people were not driving to suit the conditions.I had a car right on my tail.Dont let an idiot behind, make you drive faster than is safe.

Had that too.
    On way back towards Ballymac, when you know well that there are one or two water/flood spots on the straight line to the Hidden Inn ... I didn't overtake knowing full well I would have to tackle the flood spot while overtaking, but it didn't quite suit the person behind me.

If you don't know the road but are obviously aware of the flood conditions, the least you can do is exercise caution, for the sake of a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭WayneScott

Thanks for the replies, somehow I wasn't notified and didn't get to see them before I headed off, I chanced it thinking the signs would be up for diversions as the case may be.

Got to the Davis Rd area without a bother, great to see the M&S shopping centre and Dunnes nicely busy despite the road conditions.
    One of the best paces in that town- free parking. Also Tesco and Poppyfields

Love Poppyfields. Would love a book centre/Eason's type of shop there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ladybrandy

PatM65 wrote: »
    All but the Dry Bridge is open now. Convent Road is open though there's still some flood water there. Borough Council still keeping a close eye on The Quay. Levels in the river have fallen overnight.
    #
    is the knockloffty bridge open
    it was closed on Thursday people atteding knockloffty rural day service couldn't attend and had to stay in rehabcare for the day

Advertisement