Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Royco wrote: »
    I see abrakebabra in O'Connell st is closed down again with a for sale sign up, what this needs is a decent Irish chipper with homemade chips cos its in a great location

O'Connell street? Do you not mean Gladstone street?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Does the Emerald Garden have new owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

No, but they have sub-let what was the Japanese restaurant to a "French" restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

I believe the bike shop in Irishtown - The Cycle Center - has closed. Anyone confirm this? Trevor has been in business there for quite a while.

Walked around Clonmel today. Along with Abra closing, Sienna in Mitchell St (The Narrow Street) is closing. The handmade craft shop opposite Coyles is gone as is the charity shop! The whole town seems gloomy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Agreed, Cuilloga (an outdoor shop on O'Connell st) appears to have closed up also. Tough times for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Royco wrote: »
    I see abrakebabra in O'Connell st is closed down again with a for sale sign up, what this needs is a decent Irish chipper with homemade chips cos its in a great location

in fairness clonmel already has a lot of chippers that do decent chips (75% of the time). abra was always a guilty pleasure for a decent taco fries on a hungover monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

00833827 wrote: »
    I believe the bike shop in Irishtown - The Cycle Center - has closed. Anyone confirm this? Trevor has been in business there for quite a while.

Ya it's closed down there 25 year's someone was telling me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Everywhere is gloomy in January especially on a dark dank day. Very sad to see the businesses mentioned closing. TK max has affected the trade in Sienna whilst the opening of a large supermacs has added to an already saturated fast food market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Unbelievable amount of closures,feel sorry for all the workers who start off the new year on the dole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Back at Christmas, first time back in Clonmel in a good few months as away working and I thought the town was looking so much better than what it was a few years back. More shops open such as o'connell mall, guineys, a-wear(?), bumbles back open, Mayfair open, TK Max etc... the place was clean looking as well. It aint perfect but its in a much better place now than what it was say three years ago. Lets stop been negative about the town. Its on its way back, will have a few bumps along the way but once again it will be a little gem in the south east! :D

Id have to agree, the town has been very lucky not to end up like some of the ghost towns up and down the country and is in some ways living up to its boutique-shopping selling point.
    With Chadwicks having been sold, hopefully it wont turn into another shelved site and remove a major eyesore from the town

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭WayneScott

Is the Wardrobe shop in Gladstone open again?
    With Chadwicks having been sold,
    where is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

cml387 wrote: »
    Does the Emerald Garden have new owners?

No, but there was managers there for a number of years who now have no connection with the restaurant. It is currently being managed by John Carrol from Fethard for us, he previously worked for us in the restaurant for 26 years. Le Jardin Next door is not leased out, it is being operated by us aswell under stringent HSE conditions as it shares a kitchen with the Emerald Garden. That is why it is not open in the evening time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Frynge wrote: »
    No, but there was managers there for a number of years who now have no connection with the restaurant. It is currently being managed by John Carrol from Fethard for us, he previously worked for us in the restaurant for 26 years. Le Jardin Next door is not leased out, it is being operated by us aswell under stringent HSE conditions as it shares a kitchen with the Emerald Garden. That is why it is not open in the evening time yet.

I know John from years back (28 years going to the Emerald garden:)).

Really delighted to hear that all is well.

And the best of luck with the new venture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

WayneScott wrote: »
    Is the Wardrobe shop in Gladstone open again?

where is this?
    chadwicks that used to be on queen st? Rather than carageen?

yeah, the old chadwicks site with the rotten half blown down hoarding around it

cml387 wrote: »
    I know John from years back (28 years going to the Emerald garden:)).

Really delighted to hear that all is well.

And the best of luck with the new venture.

Thanks a mil, We are very happy with the level of business so far. few small issues to be sorted mainly around training staff but a lot of great feedback from the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Thanks a mil, We are very happy with the level of business so far. few small issues to be sorted mainly around training staff but a lot of great feedback from the customers.

Are the chefs the same? Emerald had one if the nicest sizzling chicken satays around.

Are the chefs the same? Emerald had one if the nicest sizzling chicken satays around.

There are new chefs for Le Jardin, Barry Underwood who came to us from Chez Hans.

Tao and Alan the main Chinese chefs have been there for many years now and hopefully will be with us for many years to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Was in last weekend for the first time in a long while.. Delicious! Service was great and food was spot on. Quick question though, why did you get rid of the Chinese bowls and ladles for the soup starters? I always thought it was a great touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭MagicFairyDust

I wonder would anyone know of anybody that installs patios in Clonmel? If you could pm me details it would be much appreciated I'd like to keep the business local if I can

Has he given up the pub in Fethard? Was the other guy that used work in Emerald Gardens with John in the early days, the same one as is in Raheen House now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Was the other guy that used work in Emerald Gardens with John in the early days, the same one as is in Raheen House now?

Yes, his name is Mark, he has Raheen House leased. Would highly recommend his venue, very nice approachable guy, believe it's a great for Sunday lunch and smaller summer wedding parties, nice gardens for photos.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Has he given up the pub in Fethard? Was the other guy that used work in Emerald Gardens with John in the early days, the same one as is in Raheen House now?

No, John till has the pub in Fethard, but we asked him to come back to help us out and he did.
    Xenophile wrote: »
    Yes, his name is Mark, he has Raheen House leased. Would highly recommend his venue, very nice approachable guy, believe it's a great for Sunday lunch and smaller summer wedding parties, nice gardens for photos.

I don't know mark personally but the staff know him alright.

If anyone is looking for work there is a few positions available, two front house staff and one possibly two kitchen staff. PM me if interested.

i got a friendship request from OscarsClonmel but no such member seems to exist. What is that about?Is it some sort of scam or spam

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WayneScott wrote: »
    i got a friendship request from OscarsClonmel but no such member seems to exist. What is that about?Is it some sort of scam or spam

There was a member OscarsClonmel briefly who was spamming his/her's new bistro or cafe or something of the sorts.

Loughc wrote: »
    There was a member OscarsClonmel briefly who was spamming his/her's new bistro or cafe or something of the sorts.
    Ok thats it thanks, thought it may be some viral or malware thing

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Paddyg1987

Anyone know of any boot camp style fitness classes going on around Clonmel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Anyone know what chemists in Clonmel sell the Green Smoke e cigs,and what price for a pack of 5? It's the Absolute Tobacco flavour. Thanks

Advertisement