Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

snipey wrote: »
    they just made a complete balls of it,all the money they spent on it they could of put a roundabout there and made it safer,all the cars coming from Abbott still turn right at the end of the hill and by the way i saw the cops turning right there numerous times.

Thats far to sensible and probably wouldn't waste enough money.

I will say in fairness they appear to be putting a footpath all the way out to the end of the By-Pass though which could be quiet a good amenity for the local runners

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

alexmcred wrote: »

I will say in fairness they appear to be putting a footpath all the way out to the end of the By-Pass though which could be quiet a good amenity for the local runners
    Great amenity for our local Sulky's,it will be just perfect for them, imagine the horse **** that will be on that path, some welcome sight for our tourist's.

Great amenity for our local Sulky's,it will be just perfect for them, imagine the horse **** that will be on that path, some welcome sight for our tourist's.

Feck it, I didn't think of that.

Feck it, I didn't think of that.
    Either did the town planners they should put some sort of cattle grid along the path,(maybe they have that in the planning)i'd douthed though.

Well the last time the council went to ban them the Guards said they would control them which they have failed to do.

The simple solution here is to stop them keeping horses unless they have the means and space to actully keep them in decent conditions which is not tied up on the side of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Jebus, what a lot of moaning!

The roundabout at the Texaco garage had to be fixed because the sightlines were poor (and may have been a contributory cause of the accident mentioned).

Regarding the Heywood road, there are enough roundabouts on the bypass as it is. Just obey the fupping sign. Simples.

And can we wait until the cycle path is finished before passing judgement?

Cerbera wrote: »
    Opinions on the "improvements" to the roundabout near the petrol station as you head up for the Cahir road ???

I think they are fixing something that wasn't broken to begin with.

I havent been that way for a while,but they said they were changing entry to the roundabout on the road where OLearys garage is.To me that is a good thing,because checking traffick entering from western road side,was difficult,as you have to look behind,and also to the right for approaching traffick from the cahir direction.Its all very fine having the high roundabout,if all drivers are driving at the correct speed,but for those who dont,its safer to have it flat for better vision imo.The roundabout coming out from woodies is dodgy.I have seen cars coming from the cahir direction,doing well over the speed limit,using it as a drive through...you want to be sure pulling out there.

cml387 wrote: »
    Jebus, what a lot of moaning!

The roundabout at the Texaco garage had to be fixed because the sightlines were poor (and may have been a contributory cause of the accident mentioned).

Regarding the Heywood road, there are enough roundabouts on the bypass as it is. Just obey the fupping sign. Simples.

And can we wait until the cycle path is finished before passing judgement?
    you must work for the council and you obviously don't live near the heywood road

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

you must work for the council and you obviously don't live near the heywood road

I can actually see it from where I'm typing.

I don't work for the council.

Before the traffic islands and the right turn ban there were many accidents at that spot.

Now the only danger is from those who cannot or will not read and obey a sign.

cml387 wrote: »
    I can actually see it from where I'm typing.

I don't work for the council.

Before the traffic islands and the right turn ban there were many accidents at that spot.

Now the only danger is from those who cannot or will not read and obey a sign.
    do you drive one of those sulky's they have a great view of the juntion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Between the link road roundabout and the small roundabout entry to the Clonmel Park Hotel what are needed most are speed ramps as the downhill traffic is far too fast with no possibility for speed cameras or Gardaí checks, I think it is only a matter of time before there is a serious smash at the small roundabout.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Regarding the works on the bypass near the turn off to the Heywood road.
    The traffic islands are a danger as traffic is still bombing up from the Cashel Road roundabout,i cycle to work on this road every day and the traffic islands have done little to slow down traffic.
    At this point it looks to be driver ignorance that is causing all the problems in that area.
    It is only a matter of time before a car or vehicle clips one of the islands near the junction causing a serious incident...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I know their was one death on that road in the past 5 years, a tragic motorcyclist died however the road has generally been fine so I am in agreement with you on that..
    In fairness that was tragic but the fault wasnt with the roundabout but with the driver in the car who didnt stop and drove straight out into the motorcyclist. I think they have gone mad putting 'road furniture' all over the place...talk about looking for people to crash into them !!

dahat wrote: »
    The traffic islands are a danger as traffic is still bombing up from the Cashel Road roundabout,i cycle to work on this road every day and the traffic islands have done little to slow down traffic.
    At this point it looks to be driver ignorance that is causing all the problems in that area.
    It is only a matter of time before a car or vehicle clips one of the islands near the junction causing a serious incident...

Speed ramps also needed on the downhill side of the Cashel road roundabout, this must be the fastest and steepest decline within the speed limit zone in a very built up area in any town in Ireland. Gentle ramps needed as many HGV's use this route........people, goods and also the vehicle itself need protection.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Between the link road roundabout and the small roundabout entry to the Clonmel Park Hotel what are needed most are speed ramps as the downhill traffic is far too fast with no possibility for speed cameras or Gardaí checks, I think it is only a matter of time before there is a serious smash at the small roundabout.

After Thought.Immediately after exiting the Ballingarrane roundabout and after crossing the railway bridge there is a complete restriction preventing all traffic (including cyclists) from turning right, this makes very good sense.

My concern is that maybe some impatient road users who have to go down to the small roundabout at the hotel to come back up to take the turn for Loughtally should be more mindful of other road users including pedestrians and cyclists on this very short diversion.

Xenophile wrote: »
    After Thought.Immediately after exiting the Ballingarrane roundabout and after crossing the railway bridge there is a complete restriction preventing all traffic (including cyclists) from turning right, this makes very good sense.

My concern is that maybe some impatient road users who have to go down to the small roundabout at the hotel to come back up to take the turn for Loughtally should be more mindful of other road users including pedestrians and cyclists on this very short diversion.

I've nearly run into the back of people there as most seem far too lazy/inconsiderate to go down to the Poppyfield roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

The other issue with the new cycle path is that if you are on the cycle path you will have to dismount to cross the Heywood Road.....

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

I will say in fairness they appear to be putting a footpath all the way out to the end of the By-Pass though which could be quiet a good amenity for the local runners[

who will ignore it and run on the road, usually wrong side

AlarmBelle wrote: »

who will ignore it and run on the road, usually wrong side

It's better for runners knees to run on tarmac rather than concrete so if the council set it up correctly they could eliminate that.

It's better for runners knees to run on tarmac rather than concrete so if the council set it up correctly they could eliminate that.
    They should put in an Astra Turf path

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

They should put in an Astra Turf path

Yeah,definitely.
    Can't have the horses running on concrete and ruining their hooves.
    They could put in timing booths as well so we can time them accurately

Vizzy wrote: »
    Yeah,definitely.
    Can't have the horses running on concrete and ruining their hooves.
    They could put in timing booths as well so we can time them accurately
    Yeah and maybe a water station under the the fly over .

that does not give runners right to cause danger to themselves and others as they do now. it is financially better to drive without tax but illegal

i did not post
    It's better for runners knees to run on tarmac rather than concrete so if the council set it up correctly they could eliminate that
    but its under my name?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

AlarmBelle wrote: »
    i did not post
    but its under my name?

Fixed the last few posts for ye. Looks a bit easier to work out who said what now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I have been known to run that road, and yes I do occasionally run with the traffic and not against it, but it all depends on my route you see. But with all the hi vis stuff have no doubt you'll not miss me on the(tarmac)road.

At least you haven't been forced to move over as I have been for fear of being run down by horse drawn sulkies ridden by foul mouthed kids who shouldn't be in charge or a horse drawn vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

dahat wrote: »

I was cycling along this road and i generally try to stay in as much as possible out of the way of traffic but where they put those stupid islands leaves only a small gap to cycle through and the kerb is so high my pedal gets caught on it:(.

The sulkys probably wont go up on the cycle path along the bypass as there will be no room for them to race alongside each other:rolleyes:

iceage wrote: »
    I have been known to run that road, and yes I do occasionally run with the traffic and not against it, but it all depends on my route you see. But with all the hi vis stuff have no doubt you'll not miss me on the(tarmac)road.

so long as you do not blame the driver if you get run down while you are breaking the law

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

ppink wrote: »
    I was cycling along this road and i generally try to stay in as much as possible out of the way of traffic but where they put those stupid islands leaves only a small gap to cycle through and the kerb is so high my pedal gets caught on it:(.

The sulkys probably wont go up on the cycle path along the bypass as there will be no room for them to race alongside each other:rolleyes:

Tonight i came off the road at the little entrance to Highfield Grove to avoid these islands,alot safer if you are turning left.

Congratulations to Clonmel Commercials on winning the county double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Can someone tell where the nearest automatic carwash is if I'm coming in from the Ardfinnan side, or where one is if coming in from Cahir. Thanks :)

Advertisement