Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭hamco

The manor inn is to reopen soon, the guy who runs the hidden inn is taking it over.
    Devanes pub is advertised in the South tipp today, the add says beer and pizza available,plus they are offering a catering service.

A new restaurant is opening on Thomas street, its called the Stonehouse restaurant.
    Heres a link to job vacancies linked to it.
    http://ie.brick7.net/?id=64a78eb5517ed1db308225fbf1c9e07b

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LFC1

Mr Magners wrote: »
    Fair enough, you obviously know a lot more about it than I do.
    Sure you hear a lot on the high stool and as im an irishtown regular got to know what was happening. think its that time again to sample the high stool :D

I hear a pet shop is going in on the Cashel road,just at the lights,around from Lyons????

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

I hear a pet shop is going in on the Cashel road,just at the lights,around from Lyons????

Heard that too, this will be no harm, a bit of competition, uncle mikes has been robbing us for too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Royco wrote: »
    They ruined it because Allens was one of the best pubs in clonmel and when they came in they tried to change it to a young persons pub which didnt work, they barred alot of the old regulars especially if you had work clothes on you, they got rid of the cards and dart teams from there, pubs in irishtown never needed bouncers on the doors but they did. Drink in careys and ma ryans and ask regulars how they feel about devanes you'll be told the same. I drank there all my life, one day i walked in after work(building site) and told i wouldnt be served no reason just told to leave, and i wasnt alone in this this happened to several people, the dart teams (all regulars) were asked to leave. i think this is ruining irishtown
    If that's the carry on of them they are better off gone out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 MainGuard

That's strange about the pet shop. There's already the place by the Friary, Uncle Mikes, Pet Planet in Ard Gaoithe and now Maxi Zoo.

Are you sure it's going to be a pet shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

I see Meanarys O'connell street clonmel closed down today, staff got no notice went to work as normal mon morning and told there gone into liquidation, thats rough sign of the times i suppose no where is bullet proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

I see Meanarys O'connell street clonmel closed down today, staff got no notice went to work as normal mon morning and told there gone into liquidation, thats rough sign of the times i suppose no where is bullet proof.
    Only open since 2009

hamco wrote: »
    The manor inn is to reopen soon, the guy who runs the hidden inn is taking it over.
    Devanes pub is advertised in the South tipp today, the add says beer and pizza available,plus they are offering a catering service.

A new restaurant is opening on Thomas street, its called the Stonehouse restaurant.
    Heres a link to job vacancies linked to it.
    http://ie.brick7.net/?id=64a78eb5517ed1db308225fbf1c9e07b
    Is devanes the one painted reddish on left going up irishtown towards Cahir?. Was in Clonmel Saturday but did not see Devanes over door

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Departed wrote: »
    Only open since 2009

Unfortunate to see the place closing but in reality I think they were a few years late opening. Anytime I was in there it seemed to be a very upmarket place and very expensive. Would have been grand back in the boom but people haven't the money at the moment to spend like that now. Hopefully all the staff will be looked after redundancy wise if any of them are due it! I find it odd that they were straight in to clear the shop though. To organise that many trucks and vans takes planning so management knew it was happening, it's just a pity they didn't have he decency to give the staff a heads up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I saw menerarys being closed down last night. There were 4 trucks outside and all the stock was loaded into them.

I think I'm right in saying that there are other Menerarys in other towns so is it the chain as a whole that's gone or that they've just decided to pull out of Clonmel for whatever reason?

It was so handy having A Wear in Clonmel (I obviously didn't buy enough in it though!) but I'd never been upstairs which I think has mostly bed linen, pots and pans and bags. Also the back of the store on ground floor level was constantly empty - they really needed another concession in there.

Terrible for the staff and for O'Connell st. Another gaping hole in the centre of town.

Departed wrote: »
    Is devanes the one painted reddish on left going up irishtown towards Cahir?. Was in Clonmel Saturday but did not see Devanes over door

Its on the left before the Church, Devanes is not over the door, not sure if its got any name on it at the moment.

All the concrete for the new bridge is been manufactured on site, pretty impressive work they are doing there.
    Some concrete slabs have lime stone set into them and its a very good match to the existing stonework on the bridge.

Anyone know about the accident on cashel road,near railway gates,yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Anybody have any idea why the roundabout by Tesco is covered in white wooden crosses???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Something to do with the RSA demo that was on over the weekend I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

As a commemoration to the deaths on the roads in Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

What a joke narrowing the fethard road roundabout the biggest bottle neck on bypass and they are making it worse, plus when the new bridge is built it will be two lanes from roundabout to town and only one lane from prior park rd to roundabout who makes these decisions do they even own a car...... disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

What a joke narrowing the fethard road roundabout the biggest bottle neck on bypass and they are making it worse, plus when the new bridge is built it will be two lanes from roundabout to town and only one lane from prior park rd to roundabout who makes these decisions do they even own a car...... disgrace

I am confused.
    Will there be 3 lanes from roundabout to town(two towards town and one coming from prior park to roundabout) when the bridge is finished ?
    Also are they not simply narrowing the road to the left of the roundabout( which is only one lane at the moment) and not the roundabout itself.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 taramori

In town today and although we have lost Menarys , its really starting to fill up. The Balloon Bar is gone to Mary Street, The Stonehouse is opening next week in the big building in Thomas street which was the old coal yard. Maxi Zoo looks fantastic and the kids love it. A book shop is gone into where the wine buff was in Mitchel Street. Two new Carpets shops, well a relocation but still looks positive. Sam McCauleys is reopening Davis Road.

The only thing I was thinking though, is , will A wear, wallis and barretts etc that were located in Menarys ever come back ?

• Advertisement

The Balloon Bar? What's that?

The Balloon Bar? What's that?

Its a shop that caters for events with decorations , balloons etc :)

God damn it's an awesome name for a pub!

God damn it's an awesome name for a pub!

Yeah I suppose it would ,but whatwould they serve to match the name ? Water balloons filled with shots maybe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Been looking around Clonmel to see the Bulmers factory, well they certainly have enough of my money! :D

What is the factory on the large site behind Bulmers

The only other factory I know in Clonmel is Abbott but this looks to be very heavy industrial, I was even thinking it might be cement?
    There is a green logo but I'm not able to read it
    Is it even a second half of Bulmers?

Just interested to know, I have googled but I can't get a definite answer

207078.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

That's Medite, It produces wood items..Chipping board etc

That was a fast reply, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

• Registered Users Posts: 14,395 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

My Father works there as a Fitter!

• Advertisement

Well now I know, thanks all

Never heard of that factory before

Though I do remember Seagate and that's gone nearly 15 years!

Advertisement