Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

Royco wrote: »
    T) Chick king is gone ( no shock there) .
    why no shock heard chips were not bad? could not compete with rocketts tho

Have to agree with you here south Tipp needs a TD like hime to actully get things done I for one dont care if he made a few quid out of it along the way at least he delivers.
    only cos he has big support as independent and can black mail govt for his support like healy rae

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Departed wrote: »

The original chippers that opened there got a bad rep for not so nice food and even though Chick king was new owners as far as I know, it didn't pick up. Hard to compete with Lyons and the other take aways on the cashel road roundabout. The amount of people in Eddie Rockets always amazes me. It's so expensive for fairly standard burger and chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Poor showing due in part to the lack of advertisement. Most people I talked to didn't know a thing about his visit. I was in a shop and three strangers didn't have a clue. Could have been advertised much better.

Only found out myself when having a couple of pints in Mulcahys on Friday lunchtime - madness!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

It is actually owned by the eddie rockett franchise people they though theyd cover everything for sit down and takeaway it never took off bad spot anyway not conveinent if had to park on roof to get chips in fairness they did smell nice but tried them they def use lard in fryers not oil as it sets when cold.

• Advertisement

Vizzy wrote: »
    Yeah, and who will be first on here complaining about "corrupt politicians" if he is caught with his hand in the till ?
    well wont be me cos it has all happened before and will continue to happen again where theres cash there will always be fraud, not saying its right just saying how much he delivers in north tipp compared to TD's in south tipp and if anyone tells me theyd turn down an offer of thousands of cash if they were able to pull a few strokes then their lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

I don't think there is much the guards can do about hoodies hanging around the town, they have as much right to be there as you or I. Free parking could be a good idea though.

No they dont, loitering is a public order offence in Ireland. Hard to say when it becomes an offence but when ten hoodies are standing out on the street making remarks and trying to intimadate people, espicially older people, then the guards could/should enforce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LFC1

I see there is a new indoor roller rink and entertainment centre for teens and adults opening in clonmel they're advertising on facebook no details yet but at last some good news. great to see people still taking the chance and new ventures coming to clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

chick king is owned by Rocketts as was Luigis.

LFC1 wrote: »
    I see there is a new indoor roller rink and entertainment centre for teens and adults opening in clonmel they're advertising on facebook no details yet but at last some good news. great to see people still taking the chance and new ventures coming to clonmel.

Where is it opening???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

copy1 wrote: »
    chick king is owned by Rocketts as was Luigis.

From the website!
    Chick King is part of the Abrakebabra Group of companies, and with the wealth of experience in the fast food Business, we intend to be the number one Southern Fried Chicken Franchise in Ireland.

wel that told me:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

copy1 wrote: »
    Where is it opening???

At Hotshots Bowling. Driving past it, you wouldn't miss it. Big green fencing up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LFC1

callaway92 wrote: »
    At Hotshots Bowling. Driving past it, you wouldn't miss it. Big green fencing up there!

thats actually a medical centre been built there the people that own hotshots are both doctors, got that from horses mouth.
    Heard roller skating is been put in old bingo hall in upper gladstone street alot of work going on there

LFC1 wrote: »
    thats actually a medical centre been built there the people that own hotshots are both doctors, got that from horses mouth.
    Heard roller skating is been put in old bingo hall in upper gladstone street alot of work going on there

Your right on both accounts planning gone in for med centre at bowling alley and large hall at back of piper been done up for new entertainment centre with a skating rink talking to chap today said work is on going at moment fair play good addition to town and in centre as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BanshaMan

Vizzy wrote: »
    Yeah, and who will be first on here complaining about "corrupt politicians" if he is caught with his hand in the till ?

He's already been caught with his fingers in the till to the tune of 1.4 million to the Criminal Assets Bureau.

Stone house restaurant opening today if any one visits can you please let me know what its like

BanshaMan wrote: »
    He's already been caught with his fingers in the till to the tune of 1.4 million to the Criminal Assets Bureau.
    Lowery was done by CAB?

Stone house restaurant opening today if any one visits can you please let me know what its like
    Who owns that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BanshaMan

Lowery was done by CAB?

The 1.4 million went to the Revenue after an audit. CAB are still investigating.

Should be fun to see if they go after Wallace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Monisey

Who owns that?

Hi, a newbie here, I enjoy reading the thread and finding out what's happening in Clonmel.

I heard that The Stonehouse is owned by Clifford's, I think it's his son that is running it.

Looking forward to trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭hamco

Monisey wrote: »
    Hi, a newbie here, I enjoy reading the thread and finding out what's happening in Clonmel.

I heard that The Stonehouse is owned by Clifford's, I think it's his son that is running it.

Looking forward to trying it out.
    Cliffords? name sounds familar but remind me who are they, had a peek in the window 2 days ago, looks very posh and well furnished in there, no clue as to what sort of food they will be selling.
    There was a 12 wx reg merc outside.

Does anyone know why the Mayfair is closed?

Has anyone hired a van in Clonmel, looking to hire a transit size van next week, if you can recommend anyone please post it here thanks.

hamco wrote: »
    Cliffords? name sounds familar but remind me who are they, had a peek in the window 2 days ago, looks very posh and well furnished in there, no clue as to what sort of food they will be selling.
    There was a 12 wx reg merc outside.

Clifford's used to have a restaurant in Cahir, by all accounts it was really good, think they won some awards.

It was run by a husband and wife. They opened a restaurant in Clonmel, the same place as The Stonehouse. I think the husband died suddenly, and now his son is taking over the business. Hope it goes well for him. Heard it is going to be an Italian restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Monisey wrote: »
    Clifford's used to have a restaurant in Cahir, by all accounts it was really good, think they won some awards.

It was run by a husband and wife. They opened a restaurant in Clonmel, the same place as The Stonehouse. I think the husband died suddenly, and now his son is taking over the business. Hope it goes well for him. Heard it is going to be an Italian restaurant.

Can confirm all of this. They used to own the restaurant at The Bell in Cahir.

Father suddenly died around 7 or 8 years ago now. Haven't spoken to the son in a good while but he is a chef. Still keep up to date with his works on Facebook. The restaurant they had in Clonmel is down passed the bus station next door to the off license which then became a Chinese which is also now closed!

He's only 20, so a good future for him. He's not in Cahir or Clonmel though. In Ranelagh in Dublin now and doing v.well!

Article he wrote about his father which was written recently:

http://www.hospitalityenews.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/2862-memories-of-my-father.html

Thanks for that Callaway92.

I didn't realise he was that young. Hope it's a success for him.

I see eric martin is opening another tile shop in old deevys in mary st

hamco wrote: »

was talking to a guy who viewed it recently said its in a terrible state owner not spening any money on it it needs a new roof and new equipment all fryers and grills are out dated to expensive to run plus its carrying a high rent.

The stonehouse has a menu board outside, decided to take a look, the menu didnt seem italian, todays menu had roast beef, duck, pan fried cod fillet to mention a few, prices from 24e to 27e for a main course.

While I was looking at the menu another car pulled up and the driver jumped out to have a look at it as well:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Good reports so far on the new Stonehouse place.

A friend was there the other night and was well impressed.

Oh and he said it's definitely not a member of the Clifford family that's running it.

Advertisement