Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭klose

Maymack wrote: »
    Anyone here feel Clonmel could improve on nite life in the town? Don't get me wrong, there are some lovely pub's in Clonmel,but we are lacking in choice of late bars. At one stage there were about four or five nightclubs /latebars.

Town is down to 2 as far as i know, bakers which closes itself at 1 and okeefes which we all know about it. Post house closed and dannos does not even open sporadically anymore which is used to around xmas/new years and bank holidays.
    I am surprised nobody has taken a punt on opening a new late bar/nightclub somewhere as the town and the people are pretty much crying out for one, could be a viable buisness venture for somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

klose wrote: »
    Town is down to 2 as far as i know, bakers which closes itself at 1 and okeefes which we all know about it. Post house closed and dannos does not even open sporadically anymore which is used to around xmas/new years and bank holidays.
    I am surprised nobody has taken a punt on opening a new late bar/nightclub somewhere as the town and the people are pretty much crying out for one, could be a viable buisness venture for somebody.

Considering Bakers and O'Keeffes are run by the same people and often share staff I wouldn't say there is two choices in town but one. Someone needs to take a punt on a late bar venue in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭All in all

Considering Bakers and O'Keeffes are run by the same people and often share staff I wouldn't say there is two choices in town but one. Someone needs to take a punt on a late bar venue in town.

I heard a rumour they were trying to get a late licence for Dalys, not sure if that is the case or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

They did..Friends bar. Shambolic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

callaway92 wrote: »
    They did..Friends bar. Shambolic

To be honest I didn't even know they had a late licence which says it all. Anyway that place is way too small to be seen as a viable alternative late bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

i don't think Friends had a late bar, anyway their down fall was the people they were serving there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

snipey wrote: »
    i don't think Friends had a late bar, anyway their down fall was the people they were serving there.

This is exactly the reason why I never set foot in the place when they opened it. Knew some of the crowd that spent every weekend there, would take a swing at you if you looked at them. No thanks.

any time you see two bouncers outside it says alot, and remember it used to be called the Jagged Edge.

trying to think of the name of the cocktail bar that used to be Billy Gibs anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Thought that Friends and the Irishtown Inn were run by the same crowd from Tipp Town? Very little choice agreed bar O'Keeffes and Bakers(overly busy especially in the back bar) - Coachman have their own crowd etc which is older and Paul Higgins has no interest in opening Dannos again.

Will be good to see Dalys granted a late license though for that end of town - also looks like the Manor closed for a good while

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Will be good to see Dalys granted a late license though for that end of town - also looks like the Manor closed for a good while

Are Dalys getting a late licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

trying to think of the name of the cocktail bar that used to be Billy Gibs anyone know.

was it millers?

the manor is reopening and the Harp is been renovated at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭cml387

florryfox wrote: »
    was it millers?

The Gladstone?

Millers sounds right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Millers was the cocktail bar. Afterwards it was devanes prior to Millers it was Billy Gibbs and prior to that again it was the savoury club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

btb wrote: »
    See the lovely towpath walk between Carrick and Kilsheelan is under water in places (could all be under water but could only see parts from the road), wonder will there be much left of all the fine work that was underway in the recent past, when the river subsides?
    I'm sure they were anticipating flooding and used the appropriate materials in the pathways so it won't get washed away.hopefully not much damage will be done.

Millers was the cocktail bar. Afterwards it was devanes prior to Millers it was Billy Gibbs and prior to that again it was the savoury club.

It was the Gladstone Arms at one stage..Maybe between the Savoury Club,and Billy Gibbs...

River Rescue found that poor Clonmel girl yesterday.So sad for all involved.

River Rescue found that poor Clonmel girl yesterday.So sad for all involved.

May she Rest In Peace. Thoughts and prayers with her family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

May she rest in peace....I feel so sad for her family and friends @--/--

house destroyed at the end of the Heywood road, suspected explosion,cops all over the place

house destroyed at the end of the Heywood road, suspected explosion,cops all over the place

1 garda car parked outside a house. House far from destroyed. There is a SUV outside house cordoned off.

I was in Gleesons and the rumour around the pub is that the house was blown up, and a car outside was damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

own front window on a busy main street was broken last night while i was inside ... thankfully there is cctv in the house next door and the guards caught 4 people in connection :) town is becoming a disgrace from what it used be years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Nothing as exciting as an explosion,just a house fire.

iceage wrote: »
    Nothing as exciting as an explosion,just a house fire.

Would you think!!! Do you realise who owns it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Petrol bomb I was told today

As always rumours in town have legs esp this time of year

Would be surprised if it wasn't something sinister being honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

1 garda car parked outside a house. House far from destroyed. There is a SUV outside house cordoned off.
    I was in Gleesons and the rumour around the pub is that the house was blown up, and a car outside was damaged.
    Would you think!!! Do you realise who owns it.

Every man and his dog knows who owns it. There was a definite whiff of petrol about the place though.

Advertisement