Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭perry123

Xenophile wrote: »
    Why? If I were a spokesman for him why should I declare it?
    read the terms of use of the site
    You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to:
    includes

"post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional content, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of commercial publicity"

So if you are involved in promoting kelly, or asking people to upload details of his meeting here, people should know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Why? If I were a spokesman for him why should I declare it?

Is that you Seamus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Spoofer indeed he wasn't man enough to face them today either Lorraine Higgins was sent. He is an out and out cowardly bastrd
    You mean he didn't turn up for his own meeting?this clown goes from bad to worse.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

tippspur wrote: »
    You mean he didn't turn up for his own meeting?this clown goes from bad to worse.:mad:

As I said earlier that was about getting election style posters up before the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

tippspur wrote: »
    touts wrote: »
    As I said earlier that was about getting election style posters up before the election.

I am sure that you are aware that an emergency situation exists in many parts of the country which requires the Minister Of The Environment, The Minister For Agriculture and the Junior Minister at the Office for Public Works to be involved in trying to minimise the effects of flood damage.

It does not help that more heavy rain is forecast over the next few days.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

I am sure that you are aware that an emergency situation exists in many parts of the country which requires the Minister Of The Environment, The Minister For Agriculture and the Junior Minister at the Office for Public Works to be involved in trying to minimise the effects of flood damage.

So can we take it he'll be rescheduling the meeting given that it meant so much to him but this national emergency pulled him away? Hey at your next election staff meeting you could tell him it'll be another opportunity to put up his posters. ;)

kellyophile, i hope vincent browne is not reporting from flood or kelly will run away again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

perry123 wrote: »
    kellyophile, i hope vincent browne is not reporting from flood or kelly will run away again

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

The fact that the date and time of the meeting are absolutely tiny on the poster and next to impossible to read while driving past is just further proof it's all to get his face seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

pooch90 wrote: »
    The fact that the date and time of the meeting are absolutely tiny on the poster and next to impossible to read while driving past is just further proof it's all to get his face seen.

now that the meeting is over, what time frame have they to be removed by?

• Advertisement

now that the meeting is over, what time frame have they to be removed by?

There's a time limit on election posters but I don't think there is one on non election posters so I suspect they're there till his lads come around to swap them for the official election posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Apparently Alan was too busy to appear on Vincent Browne show but was available to attend some social event in Hilview Tennis Club a few days later.

Also, unless he was going to solve the flooding crisis from Paris, he was as useful as a chocolate teapot

My understanding is that the Tir Chonaill V Clonmel Commercials game will be televised live, Sky Channel 191.

http://www.irishtv.ie/broadcast

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Is there any flooding in clonmel, is the river high? And was the missing girl found? Hope she was

Is there any flooding in clonmel, is the river high? And was the missing girl found? Hope she was

Journalists do not seem to know that since the flood relief scheme was completed the work has not been tested as there as been no great rainfall in the Suir Valley area over the last few years.

I cannot give you any information about the girl, but like you I hope that all is well with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

just took a look over the wall and if the wall wasn't there the quay would be well flooded so it is actually tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Journalists do not seem to know that since the flood relief scheme was completed the work has not been tested as there as been no great rainfall in the Suir Valley area over the last few years.

I cannot give you any information about the girl, but like you I hope that all is well with her.

Nonsense. The flood system worked extremely well last winter. The barriers were raised for a continuous 6 week period.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Nonsense. The flood system worked extremely well last winter. The barriers were raised for a continuous 6 week period.

Yes, it was tested. The Old bridge was closed to through traffic but there was no flooding.

cml387 wrote: »
    Yes, it was tested. The Old bridge was closed to through traffic but there was no flooding.

Why close an important route if there is no flooding?

Why close an important route if there is no flooding?

Because the way the floodgates are designed, they close across the road at both ends of the new "glass" bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »

Why post this in the Clonmel thread ? There is Political / Election thread in the Tipperary Forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057412022

I suppose you are not aware that Alan Kelly lives at least 90 Kilometers from Clonmel.

Why post this in the Clonmel thread ? There is Political / Election thread in the Tipperary Forum.

I suppose you are not aware that Alan Kelly lives at least 90 Kilometers from Clonmel.
    why not you were pimping his election poster here last week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It's all very relevant doesn't he wish for votes in this town?

Shame there is a job waiting for him in Irish water etc when he flops.

why not you were pimping his election poster here last week

Someone asked for information on a Meeting about the "Living Wage" I did not have the information but someone else appeared to have it, as far as I was concerned this was a genuine request for information!

It's all very relevant doesn't he wish for votes in this town?

Shame there is a job waiting for him in Irish water etc when he flops.

Not likely as he is likely to be elected, but he will win a seat for Labour in South of Ireland constituency in the next EU elections if he has to stand, of course they could always put him into the Seanad in the unlikely event of him not being elected to the Dail, while he is waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Whats the story with the four seasons chinese takeaway? the one beside the sisters of charity.

Its been closed for a while now and gone off just eat?? is it closed permanently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Someone asked for information on a Meeting about the "Living Wage" I did not have the information but someone else appeared to have it, as far as I was concerned this was a genuine request for information!

Someone asked for information and you provided it Another poster clearly has an issue with Alan Kelly and is using any excuse to have a good moan.

Whats the story with the four seasons chinese takeaway? the one beside the sisters of charity.

Its been closed for a while now and gone off just eat?? is it closed permanently?

Another Chinese restaurant.takeaway closed!
    I saw a sign saying they were closed on Tuesday.
    Do they know something we don't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Got a Takeaway menu for a place located on 19 Mary Street,that's not the same building is it?

Advertisement