Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

iceage wrote: »
    Every man and his dog knows who owns it. There was a definite whiff of petrol about the place though.
    I heard of this from a friend down there. Who owns it and why is that relevant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I heard of this from a friend down there. Who owns it and why is that relevant?

The owner of the property would be well known to Gardaí he used to run a waste disposal business locally also.

The owner of the property would be well known to Gardaí he used to run a waste disposal business locally also.
    so does he live there?

Currently no. He's on a 'break'.

Currently no. He's on a 'break'.
    Was the house empty?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Was the house empty?

Would you not ask your friend who told you about it first?

maryfred wrote: »
    Would you not ask your friend who told you about it first?
    why would you be concerned as i did not ask you?

why would you be concerned as i did not ask you?

Honestly I wasn't being smart but if you know someone in the area who told you about it originally I just thought you might get a quicker response from them to your questions.

FYI, I didn't post because I'm concerned, it's an open thread on an open forum, anyone can join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

God ye're going at it

maryfred wrote: »
    Honestly I wasn't being smart but if you know someone in the area who told you about it originally I just thought you might get a quicker response from them to your questions.

FYI, I didn't post because I'm concerned, it's an open thread on an open forum, anyone can join in.
    yes. i joined in. i asked a question. you seemed to need to make a judgement about my question. how do you know i didn't ask my friend?

• Advertisement

yes. i joined in. i asked a question. you seemed to need to make a judgement about my question. how do you know i didn't ask my friend?

Jaysus, I'm off to bed. Tis way too late to be dealing with this. I'll leave you and your paranoia to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

There was nobody in the house at the time of the fire.. Except a cat, which didn't survive.

Quays closed and under water.

Quays closed and under water.

Bloody Hell. Did it breach the defences? Very bad news.

just past it, the road is flooded but not too bad,they're putting up the aluminium lats on top of the wall,so they're expecting the worst.tree down at Marlfield lake,unpassable.

Stay home if possible and keep safe, folks.

night for the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

How bad is the rain and wind down there? Are they only putting up the barriers on the quay wall now?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Sure the Quays are flooded? This might just be rainwater collecting because it can no longer drain into the river as the level is too high - there are pumps along the quays that should kick in to clear this. Non-return valves in the drains should stop the riverwater coming up the drains.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Well I was on the quay at 8pm and believe me they are flooded
    water came up through man holes etc. Road completely closed. Stage 2 barriers up. Reports of flooding in old bridge Grange Newcastle and Carrick. N24 closed between Clonmel and Carrick

• Advertisement

pumps have kicked in but it's raining so hard they're finding it hard to keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

hearing sirens all over the shop , 2 flashing firetrucks past the house at some speed ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Flooded at applegreen now according to fire service FB account. Looking like a seriously bad one, with the worst of the rain yet to come apparently.

I can only imagine what it would be like if the flood defence wasn't there...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Flooded at applegreen now according to fire service FB account. Looking like a seriously bad one, with the worst of the rain yet to come apparently.

I can only imagine what it would be like if the flood defence wasn't there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Grateful for any info on access from Dungarvan road, R672 from before Ballymac, Dungarvan side. Aiming to call into Clonmel some time today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

Dungarvan road from the Applegreen service station to Finger's
    Post junction with the Dungarvan Road is closed
    Knocklofty bridge is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Grateful for any info on access from Dungarvan road, R672 from before Ballymac, Dungarvan side. Aiming to call into Clonmel some time today.

Maybe go Nire and come by Clonmel Golf Club!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

It might be possible to go up what we used to know as " up the locker" to avoid applegreen but maybe some one down there can confirm, am away so am mot aware of up to date info on the old bridge by the grotto etc

Coming from dungarvan you take a right at the small cross roads before the housing estate on the rhs , then a quick left behind the house on the corner, will bring you down at the new red brick houses just before the old bridge,

Narrow road at the best of times so drive carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

More barriers were going up at the gashouse bridge at 11am when I was there.
    The water is about a meter below the top of the main floodgates across the carpark.

Unfortunately houses at the town side of the old bridge just before the glass bridge are flooded, something seems to have gone wrong here, or perhaps just rainwater trapped in that hollow with nowhere to go.

Overall the defences seem to have held but it's a close run thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I think the mountain road to get in via the golf club is pretty shook with lots of debris, I might leave it till tomorrow, my poor old banger has taken a fair battering up and down my own road already.

Advertisement