Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Any idea when Lidl is reopening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

pooch90 wrote: »
    Any idea when Lidl is reopening?

End of November is what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'd say the new part is probably open end of November but as far as I know the main store is only closed for the week.

Maymack wrote: »
    Just heard IMC Cinema in Clonmel got planning permission from Tipp county council for 8 screen cinema. Fantastic news. Badly needed
    Is an 8 screen cinema badly needed? are the 6 or whatever that is there now always packed? I haven't been in there for a while so wouldn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

tippspur wrote: »
    Is an 8 screen cinema badly needed? are the 6 or whatever that is there now always packed? I haven't been in there for a while so wouldn't know.

The fewer the amount of people in a cinema the better, less distractions, better choice but most of all at this time of year less danger of spreading the flu bug as there will be less congestion.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I think a complete rebuild of the cinema is badly needed in Clonmel as to be fair its a dump it still looks the same as it did when i 1st went there 20 years ago.

Only thing they put in since was the new seats but the screens and sound are of a very poor quality compare to other cimmnas around ireland i have been in.

The new omniplex in waterford is something else big comfy seats, big clear screens, fantastic speakers. Even the IMC in Thurles is a huge step up as i am from Cahir myself and when i am at home if i am going Cimmna i go Thurles over Clonmel as its more or less a brand new IMC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

No reason why IMC in Clonmel should not become a top class cinema with the huge population catchment area outside of the cities. Hope and I am fairly sure that IMC are aware that cinema goers are becoming more discerning and will only patronise cinemas that show respect for their patrons. Clonmel now represents an opportunity for IMC.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

I'd say the new part is probably open end of November but as far as I know the main store is only closed for the week.

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully main store re-open soon. I'm running out of pasta!!

Heard yesterday that Pierce Motors from tipp town will be opening a small showroom in the Showgrounds in the next few weeks.

Oh and the Clonmel arms is officially up for sale, quashing all the recent rumours of it just being bought... Hopefully whoever buys it this time will do something constructive with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

Heard yesterday that Pierce Motors from tipp town will be opening a small showroom in the Showgrounds in the next few weeks.

Oh and the Clonmel arms is officially up for sale, quashing all the recent rumours of it just being bought... Hopefully whoever buys it this time will do something constructive with it.

They were in there with a couple of cars a few weeks ago but I wouldn't have thought any of the units are remotely suited to being a car showroom on a permanent basis.

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    They were in there with a couple of cars a few weeks ago but I wouldn't have thought any of the units are remotely suited to being a car showroom on a permanent basis.

I heard it from one of the salesmen over there, He said they're trying to open something small where they would have one or two cars there and start the deals for new cars there and finish them off in the showroom in Tipp town.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭bobster453

As someone who enjoys the cinema I have to say the quality of films in Clonmel since it went IMC is poor to say the least unless you have young kids in which case it is heaven.

I queried this and was told that the bigger cinema operators(whoever they are) pay more for the good films and IMC cant afford to pay the charges the bigger operators can,also that the summer season is geared around kids on holidays and the winter towards adults.Not that I believe that as some very good films out over the summer that involved travelling to Waterford..and Cork..to see.

As regards are the screens always packed..seemingly if a cinema has 20 plus people in each screen they are making money, the ticket price is not what they make their profits from it is the popcorn, sweets and drinks where the real money is, again this is according to someone well up in that business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully main store re-open soon. I'm running out of pasta!!

I'm on my way to Carrick to replenish my supplies.

The girls on the tills told me it would be closed until the first week of December - most of them have been moved to other stores around the area until the reopening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I heard it from one of the salesmen over there, He said they're trying to open something small where they would have one or two cars there and start the deals for new cars there and finish them off in the showroom in Tipp town.

Bit of a odd thing to be opening to be fair i really don't see the point of this pop up show room when you still have to go to tipp town to buy your car ?. If you wonted a VW or a Seat you would just make the effort of driving to tipp town to be fair. Unless there planing on opening a proper show room with a dealership i don't see the point of it at all.

I'm on my way to Carrick to replenish my supplies.

The girls on the tills told me it would be closed until the first week of December - most of them have been moved to other stores around the area until the reopening.

Aw no! Will be doing serious stockpiling next time I'm in a lidl so. Pregnant at the minute and craving their boiled sweets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Bit of a odd thing to be opening to be fair i really don't see the point of this pop up show room when you still have to go to tipp town to buy your car ?. If you wonted a VW or a Seat you would just make the effort of driving to tipp town to be fair. Unless there planing on opening a proper show room with a dealership i don't see the point of it at all.

I'm from Cork and often in Mahon Point. There are often cars in the centre and sales people around. I've seen VW/Renault and a few others over the years. It's just a way of trying to sell cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Aw no! Will be doing serious stockpiling next time I'm in a lidl so. Pregnant at the minute and craving their boiled sweets!!

Never mind the boiled sweets...those Sugarland chews.

Looks like Lidl will be closed for another few weeks anyway,passed tonight and the old part of the store is almost all knocked down.

Looks like Lidl will be closed for another few weeks anyway,passed tonight and the old part of the store is almost all knocked down.

Passed it myself, the new place will be massive...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Passed it myself, the new place will be massive...

Its going to be like Carrick only bigger with customer toilets and an upstairs for stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

In town for an event and won't get home in time so - any recommendations for a child-friendly pub to watch the Ireland-Argentina match on Sunday?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

In town for an event and won't get home in time so - any recommendations for a child-friendly pub to watch the Ireland-Argentina match on Sunday?

Mulchays. Match is at 1pm so plenty of families in there having a cavery. Couple of big screens to watch the match on.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Mulchays. Match is at 1pm so plenty of families in there having a cavery. Couple of big screens to watch the match on.

Thanks. Will give it a shot

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Was talking to someone who works in poppyfields retail park. They heard EZ living furniture store want to open in former Cost Plus Sofa premises & Pizza hut want to open in former paco store beside KFC. Think these would be great additions to the retail park & Clonmel.

Passing through the town yesterday.it seems the manor pub is closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Passing through the town yesterday.it seems the manor pub is closed?

Yep, closed about a month now.

Expect Costa Coffee to be open in 3000sq mtr unit beside Carphone Warehouse before Christmas.Deal done I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

bobster453 wrote: »
    Expect Costa Coffee to be open in 3000sq mtr unit beside Carphone Warehouse before Christmas.Deal done I believe

I'm going to assume that should be 3000 sq ft?

I'm going to assume that should be 3000 sq ft?

Oops my bad..actually its 1000sq mtrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

If anyone spots a long haired white cat in the area of Western Road/Heywood Road, missing since weekend, I'd appreciate a pm please

Advertisement